Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    People are toxic on the internet. In other words, water is wet.

Quote Originally Posted by MakeMeLaugh View Post
    That's it? I was expecting something crazy.
    It is pretty crazy to suggest a game is over before it has even started just because a woman is playing DPS.

Titan
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Report and move on, online games has always had people being "outrageous" for lols and reactions. If they get reactions even if they do get banned it's still a success from their pov.

- - - Updated - - -

"Go next" means the game is over so the player just want to lose quickly and get into next game because a girl is playing dps.
    Pretty much why I don't play online games. I deal with enough BS on a daily basis at work, I don't need a bunch of 15 year old's whose balls have yet to drop in my games trying to talk shit towards me or other people that I want to play with. Gamers are dickweasels, it's just the way we are and online gaming has cultivated the worst generation of toxic brats in history. When I was a kid, there was no online gaming. If you played games with your friends, it was in the same room. Hell, we didn't even have dial-up until I was like 12.

when i play and my team win rather easy without any problems i type in ''GG 2 Ez'' or ''Give me a challenge pls!'' In All chat. Always makes someone angry and it make me giggle irl

Quote Originally Posted by stoffe View Post
    when i play and my team win rather easy without any problems i type in ''GG 2 Ez'' or ''Give me a challenge pls!'' In All chat. Always makes someone angry and it make me giggle irl
    Why would that make you happy?

Boo hoo. You got the tools to handle your problem, there's a feature to ignore people. Use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sugarcube View Post

this kind of attitude needs to go from the game... it's even worse on voice chat...
    Oh no! Someone you don't know and never will meet said something you don't like! Quick, call the president of the Solar System, we have a situation here!

Don't like it? Do what men used to do to eachother in FPSes decades before.
    Get good and trashtalk back.
    I swear everything is becoming cute, puffy unicorns and sun-shining days just because a woman or their orbiter gets their feelings hurt and were never ready for the toxity of FPS that was always there. I'm not saying all. I've known some nasty women who were very good with UT99 Deathmatch back in the day and fun to talk shit with.
    Now it's all pretenders who act tough until the right words show up in the chatlog to trigger them.

I think we need the bronze or stone age to come back. We need to be plunged into some good old fashioned chaos and return to playing basketball with severed heads like the Aztecs did.
    #METEORNOW

Oh look another cry thread by some big WAHmen gamer because someone literally made a "get back in the kitchen" joke in chat. This is so petty it isnt even funny.

You want to be treated like an equal? that means not being able to pull the gender card or conflate someone making a joke that hurts your feelings on the internet to some broad social issue, as if only women receive trashtalk or toxicity. I think its well past time to unwad those panties and get over yourself, thin skin is not a virtue it's a character flaw worthy of mockery.

For what it's worth I totally agree with you, Overwatch in particular has a huge problem with misogyny and while I haven't experienced any personally I've heard countless women including my sister complain about it. That being said with regards to this particular website you are barking up the wrong tree as they've long since given up on reigning in the parades of bigots.

I'm all for it, as long as we ban every single misandrist just as aggressively.

The Unstoppable Force Kaleredar's Avatar
    About all you can do is report them and ask your teammates and the opposing team to do the same and move on. Hopefully, if enough people report them as well, Blizzard will take action against them.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    People talk trash when they play competitive video games. Just because someone is a woman doesn't exempt them from trash talk.
    Pretty much this tbh. Trash talkers tend to go for things that they know will get under your skin. If they can tell somehow that you are fat, they'll use that against you- woman? They'll use that? Stuttering? They'll use that. They'll latch on to anything.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Twen View Post
    But trash talk doesn't center around ridiculing men for simply being men, like it does with women. Surely you see the difference.
    If it's a man doing the ridiculing, why would they ridicule men for being men?
    A woman wouldn't trashtalk another woman for being a woman.

A man could trashtalk another man for not being perceived as "man" enough, for being obese, for having a lisp, for stuttering, for whatever.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    No. It's not. There's no reason for it. There's no reason that somebody cannot control their trash talk so that they aren't attacking people based on their gender or race or orientation. Just waving away shitty behavious as "trash talk" is part of the problem. It shouldn't be normalized and/or accepted as a byproduct of competition.
    Shit, we really need to nanny people so that they won't have to read the barely coherent scarring text "girl play dps go next" or "go back at kitchen lol," ever in their traumatic lives again. Lol.

You're provided all the tools to block individuals you dislike. This hyper policing is just ridiculous.

Grow a thick skin, or hit the block button. Giving a stupid reaction to stupid comments is exactly what they want you to do. Why give them the pleasure?

With the block and mute button, there's no reason to seek further action unless an individual begins to grief you in-game or harass you through other means of communication.

Typically in most cases, it stops at the block button. Quit acting like it's the end of the world if you're brought to do such a thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Twen View Post
    But trash talk doesn't center around ridiculing men for simply being men, like it does with women. Surely you see the difference.
    You understand men with less masculine voices are made fun of for it? Comments like "dude you sound like a virgin" or "are you a tranny?" "Shut up f****t?" are quite common.

Trash talk centers around exposing anything in someone that might make them mad. The difference between good and bad trash talk is if you can be creative with it without going to the obvious.

But being a good receipiant to trash talk is being able to take it and dish it back. Or just flat out not giving them the reaction they want.
    Last edited by Stardrift; 2021-06-02 at 01:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Martymark View Post
    I'm all for it, as long as we ban every single misandrist just as aggressively.
    Ah yes, the untold victims of gaming... men.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by greysaber View Post
    Imagine not being able to ignore, anything.
    Ignoring doesn't get them attention, they latch onto ANYTHING negative and scream about it...literally. I don't know how many videos I've seen on youtube of some weirdo just start...screaming in the middle of the street because someone slighted them in the smallest way.

To OP:
    I'm less concerned with the incredibly tame insults that you can't seem to handle in a competitive game and more concerned with "purging" people because you don't like what they say and their gender. If this sends you off the deep end where you feel you need to "purge" anything you've got a really REALLY rough road ahead.

ppl that say things like that do the same to every person/player they dislike. if it's a girl they throw misogynistic shit like that, if it was a dude it would probably be a random insult/mom joke.

all of which are toxic behavior, and all of them are offenses that can punished.

luckily there's a report function in the game, and through experience i know for a fact that it does function. I would suggest using it and moving on.

Quote Originally Posted by EyelessCrow View Post
    To OP:
    I'm less concerned with the incredibly tame insults that you can't seem to handle in a competitive game and more concerned with "purging" people because you don't like what they say and their gender. If this sends you off the deep end where you feel you need to "purge" anything you've got a really REALLY rough road ahead.
    The "I don't want to play a game because people repeatedly call me shitty things" notion is a more persuasive argument than "I don't want to play a game because I can't repeatedly call people shitty things."
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    It's not a competition.

I mean, I know everyone wants to feel the most hard done by (credit to George Carlin) but it really isn't a competition. If it's toxic, it's toxic, it shouldn't matter if the recipient has a dick or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Everyone's a victim of something. Let's not play favourites. All shitty behavior is bad.