View Poll Results: Season 2 KSM mount push or no?

Voters
203. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    105 51.72%
  • No

    102 50.25%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
5
6
7
8
LastLast
  1. #121
    Jesus christ, when i made this thread, i didnt think it would be 1st page for this long.

  2. #122
    Quote Originally Posted by sponge5307 View Post
    I still have radierio on and for some reason my score for s1 got bump after 9.1...... haven't started doing any m+ yet in S2. Might start tanking some this weekend.
    raider.io are using blizzard scores now . thats why everyones score got bumped since its now including both tyranical and fortified scores. its like +50-60 to each dungeon you did on other mode.

  3. #123
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    raider.io are using blizzard scores now . thats why everyones score got bumped since its now including both tyranical and fortified scores. its like +50-60 to each dungeon you did on other mode.
    AWWW OK. I am at 1363 so far on my hunter doing some 12 to 13 keys. But my god. Everyone and their mom is getting high keys. Got some guild for a 13+ Plaugefall. Couldn't even down first boss. i ice trap the big green slime and we were suppose to kill the small smiles. Nope DH stuns them and back went on boss. Listerally no one but me was on the adds. 2nd big silme and I try to CC it and got kill since I was trying to do several things at the time, CC the 2nd big slime, kill small smile and tar trop on the 1st slime.

    DH doesn't help, ele shammy dead, tank is going crazy, disc priest is getting piss. After boss reset DH leaves and said we need to learn mechanics follow by the pirest and the tank. Me and the shammy was like yea no one is pretty doing anything (i DON'T blame the shammy since he have only done a +6), Yet it seems everyone got 2+ raiting. I guess being over time still gives you points? I would have hope a guild run would be better but it seems even pugs seems better now.

    Not sure if I want to play my hunter at this point maybe I should go tanking instead.......

  4. #124
    Already did and I got only 4 organized runs, rest were pugs. Priest Healer main. Nonagon on Stormrage EU.

  5. #125
    Finished the achievement last week. PUGs as a rsham

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by sponge5307 View Post
    I would have hope a guild run would be better but it seems even pugs seems better now.
    I rarely run with my guild, b/c none of them really push M+, and there are quite a few mechanics in them. With the new scoring system, you can go over and still receive points. However, timing the previous tier is worth more by ~3pts; more if +2/3.

  6. #126
    Dreadlord Cloudmaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Celestial Planetarium
    Posts
    978
    I got it in the 2nd week of season 2, it looks scary. Though it’s just re-color from the one we had in season 1. I never use it. I like the achievement though and the title.
    #SaveAlgalon

  7. #127
    Mount is nothing special, some ppl just use it to flex. But honestly S2 KSM was much easier than S1

  8. #128
    High Overlord Chilela's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Location
    Comfortably atop the meters
    Posts
    106
    Haven't really pushed it yet, but I already timed a Fort NW in a guild group. Pretty much absolutely required to do it with my guild, though, since I couldn't even get into +10s in pugs even with KSM last season.

    Seems like it will be cake once I do start working on it, though.

  9. #129
    Free Food!?!?! Tziva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Cretaceous Period
    Posts
    21,761
    Quote Originally Posted by Saubon View Post
    But honestly S2 KSM was much easier than S1
    The time commitment is much higher since you have to do every dungeon at least twice (nevermind that now you need to get it on every alt you want to be able to upgrade on also), but definitely true that it's easier.

    Aside from the fact I was able to get it the second week instead of, you know, the second month, I also somehow managed with four untimed keys. I guess I don't entirely understand how the new points system works but I had one sixteen done, and four failed 15s, and I still hit 2k. Granted, two of the failed 15s were by less than 1 percent so maybe it rounds to almost the same as a win, but the other two were 6% and 8% over. I mean, I'll take it, but that wasn't what I expected. I expected to need more 16s time or less 15s failed.

    for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

    TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

    | youtube | twitch | twitter |


  10. #130
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    Aside from the fact I was able to get it the second week instead of, you know, the second month, I also somehow managed with four untimed keys. I guess I don't entirely understand how the new points system works but I had one sixteen done, and four failed 15s, and I still hit 2k. Granted, two of the failed 15s were by less than 1 percent so maybe it rounds to almost the same as a win, but the other two were 6% and 8% over. I mean, I'll take it, but that wasn't what I expected. I expected to need more 16s time or less 15s failed.
    I believe you get exactly the same amount of rating for failing a 16 as you get for timing a 15, so it's potentially possible to obtain KSM by failing every key on 16 2 weeks in a row. It doesn't even matter how much you fail the key by afaik.

    As far as the failed 15s are concerned, I'm unsure. Did you perhaps time any 16s that might've made up the lost rating elsewhere? An untimed 15 would still give the same amount of rating as a timed 14.
    Last edited by Unlimited Power; 2021-07-23 at 06:59 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

  11. #131
    Quote Originally Posted by Unlimited Power View Post
    I believe you get exactly the same amount of rating for failing a 16 as you get for timing a 15, so it's potentially possible to obtain KSM by failing every key on 16 2 weeks in a row. It doesn't even matter how much you fail the key by afaik.

    As far as the failed 15s are concerned, I'm unsure. Did you perhaps time any 16s that might've made up the lost rating elsewhere? An untimed 15 would still give the same amount of rating as a timed 14.
    first week i depleted a 17 necrotic because we wiped 1 hour in third boss of NW , also the tank dc like 15 minutea an we got 0 points

  12. #132
    Quote Originally Posted by Otrew View Post
    first week i depleted a 17 necrotic because we wiped 1 hour in third boss of NW , also the tank dc like 15 minutea an we got 0 points
    I found this article that explains how m+ rating works. So apparently failing a timer gives (up to) -15 rating, unless you massively fail the timer in which case you'll earn 0 rating. That assumes it works the same on live as it did when the article was written during PTR.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

  13. #133
    It's funny how many post "You don't need to time anything to get KSM"...
    First you need to get a key that high. How do you get such a key? Right, by timing a key one level lower.
    Second you still need to be inside 140% of the timer or you won't get any point...

    Well, grats to all who already did the acm. We are bad and only at 12-13s to time by now. We will need better gear to do the KSM. But I'm sure we can do it later during the season with better gear.
    Last edited by Keashaa; 2021-07-23 at 07:24 AM.

  14. #134
    Free Food!?!?! Tziva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Cretaceous Period
    Posts
    21,761
    Quote Originally Posted by Unlimited Power View Post
    I believe you get exactly the same amount of rating for failing a 16 as you get for timing a 15, so it's potentially possible to obtain KSM by failing every key on 16 2 weeks in a row. It doesn't even matter how much you fail the key by afaik.

    As far as the failed 15s are concerned, I'm unsure. Did you perhaps time any 16s that might've made up the lost rating elsewhere? An untimed 15 would still give the same amount of rating as a timed 14.
    Nope. At the time I got it, I had only ONE 16 completed. It was timed, but I'm surprised that would make up for four untimed 15s, even if they were barely over time. I dont have timed 14s on those keys for that week either to bring up the points. Just a timed version for one week, and a failed for the other. Timed appears to be worth about 125 points, while the failed were 120, so not much difference, but my 16 was worth 133, so I don't know what I am missing because that doesn't math up to a 20 point (-5 points x4) difference. I dunno! In any case, I hit 2k points and KSM s2 earlier than I expected and was able to accomplish it with failed keys.

    Also how much you fail a key by does seem to matter on the extreme side of things. I did an absolutely mess of a key last night that was almost 30minutes over time, and no one got score for it, even the people for whom that key level was much higher than anything they've completed before this season.

    I don't really care; I'll get used to the new system. I just don't entirely understand how it works yet, I guess.

    for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

    TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

    | youtube | twitch | twitter |


  15. #135
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    The time commitment is much higher since you have to do every dungeon at least twice (nevermind that now you need to get it on every alt you want to be able to upgrade on also), but definitely true that it's easier.

    Aside from the fact I was able to get it the second week instead of, you know, the second month, I also somehow managed with four untimed keys. I guess I don't entirely understand how the new points system works but I had one sixteen done, and four failed 15s, and I still hit 2k. Granted, two of the failed 15s were by less than 1 percent so maybe it rounds to almost the same as a win, but the other two were 6% and 8% over. I mean, I'll take it, but that wasn't what I expected. I expected to need more 16s time or less 15s failed.
    the difference between failed timer and done in time is like 9-10 points only

    its done deliberately so people use failed timers as means to push score instead leaving key .

    so 16 untimed dungeons is like 160 less points tops.

    points also seems to differ a bit between affixes.

  16. #136
    Got it in S1, not resubbed for S2, and unless they do something absolutely revolutionary in the next expansion I think my stay with Warcraft is over.
    Never underestimate the unknown, or some shit. *shrugs i unno*

  17. #137
    No, I hate M+.

    Everything about it is pure cancer.

  18. #138
    I am Murloc! Lord Pebbleton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Pebbleton Family Castle.
    Posts
    5,962
    Probably not.

    I am not a fan of being forced to run it on Tyrannical too, since it is a garbage affix. Also the mount itself is extremely uninteresting, just the season 1 Deathwalker with a mawsworn pattern. If I get it, it will be super late into the patch, when doing a +15 will be easy stuff.

  19. #139
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    Probably not.

    I am not a fan of being forced to run it on Tyrannical too, since it is a garbage affix. Also the mount itself is extremely uninteresting, just the season 1 Deathwalker with a mawsworn pattern. If I get it, it will be super late into the patch, when doing a +15 will be easy stuff.
    its already easy stuff if people knwo what to do and have like 230 itlv.

    in late season +15 will be complete pushover.

  20. #140
    Well I guess even as a recoulor it's good it's stayed more unique.

    Blizzard seems to be making a habit of watering down rewards from overuse.

    Eg The bear mount from Torghast would have been a better reward if it was unique to it, but then they drop in easier ones to get anyway.

    Likewise the Flawless master reward and the new Glory achievements, you can just get recolours from random mob drops. They seem to just add them randomly rather than taking time to think about incentive structures for players.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •