Page 1 of 30
1
2
3
11
... LastLast
  1. #1
    Keyboard Turner Delia Verana's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Location
    Tarren Mill, Hillsbrad
    Posts
    3

    Harassment over deluxe should be bannable

    Even in the remote Hillsbrad, where I work as an innkeeeper, I have seen a lot of truly disgusting behaviour. I have received mail from my dear friends in Orgrimmar about a worrying trend of people attacking other heroes of their own kind. I did not believe it to be this bad 'till I saw it myself.

    THEY ARE SPITTING ON OTHERS! Using all manner of derogatory slurs to insult others. Just because... they are riding a warp stalker? Hmm, I don't know about you but such childish fools are for sure banned from resting in my inn!


    For real though, don't be dumb. /spit is one thing, making it automatic is another but going in with whispers and /s on other players' simple purchase is in my opinion and should be a bannable offense. I mean how do you justify it, I am curious? Keeping the hate on the forums is fine I guess but going after other players in game should not be tolerated. You don't like the existence of the deluxe edition, cool, but is this the way to show it?

    I really do hope something is done about this. A statement would be brave and it would fuel the fire for sure, but I do not see any justification to harass the players who decided to use their own money on something Blizzard offered them. Keep it cool, rest assured I have a fast copypasta ready for a report when ever I see these heroes. Just don't be dumb.

  2. #2
    Mechagnome Vrinara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Stormwind City, Elwynn Forest
    Posts
    519
    Della... I love you xD

  3. #3
    Well the existence of shop items is fueled by people buying them.

    Getting hate whispers can probably be punished.

    But as far as the insult commands supplied by the game and ignores and kicks .. good luck with that.

  4. #4
    Deal with it, it was part of the package.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Delia Verana View Post
    Just because... they are riding a warp stalker?
    It's called jealousy

  6. #6
    I'm conflicted here- always have been, tbh. I get the argument that people buying this stuff encourages more of it and that frustrates them, but at the same time, they shouldn't be able to harass people en masse for it. The /spit thing is just kind of dumb to me, to be honest.

  7. #7
    Well you are basically ruining the game for others with your "p2w" stuff (boosted characters, profession alts in tbc etc) just use your real life money to get 20 accounts and boost your effort free army of profession alts and get rich (ingame) or sell gold to other boosted andies for big returns.

    Ever played a bg these days with all the boosted andies? Yeah much fun to play with even worse people than before. Being able to skip the ~60 hours leveling is just bad and shouldnt even exist. The mount is a big eyesore and feels out of place in tbc.

    Your purchase will bring more bad stuff into the shop in the future too. Soon we will get the wow classic token. People who buy the level boost will also probably want to buy gold (and they already do) which will lead to even more bots, thank you!
    Last edited by lonely zergling; 2021-05-30 at 11:05 AM.

  8. #8
    Nah,the issue is that people didn't harass those who bought store pets and store helmets enough back when it started.

    This stuff should have been scoured from the start

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    Well you are basically ruining the game for others with your "p2w" stuff (boosted characters, profession alts in tbc etc) just use your real life money to get 20 accounts and boost your effort free army of profession alts and get rich (ingame) or sell gold to other boosted andies for big returns.

    Ever played a bg these days with all the boosted andies? Yeah much fun to play with even worse people than before. Being able to skip the ~60 hours leveling is just bad and shouldnt even exist. The mount is a big eyesore and feels out of place in tbc.

    Your purchase will bring more bad stuff into the shop in the future too. Soon we will get the wow classic token. People who buy the level boost will also probably want to buy gold (and they already do) which will lead to even more bots, thank you!
    why hate the players who get stuff implemented / allowed by Blizzard ?

    they could get rid of it very easily if they wanted to

  10. #10

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by AlbertColvert View Post
    why hate the players who get stuff implemented / allowed by Blizzard ?

    they could get rid of it very easily if they wanted to
    If they only did some cosmetics like the mount (maybe a bit more fitting mount tho) and the toys I think most people would be "OK" with it as a way to monetize their work for classic products. but boosts are taking it too far you shouldnt be able to buy advantages.

    Leveling is part of the game. TBC starts at lvl 1. I will try my best to exclude all boosted andies if I get the chance to do so (mass report them afk in bgs etc).

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    If they only did some cosmetics like the mount (maybe a bit more fitting mount tho) and the toys I think most people would be "OK" with it as a way to monetize their work for classic products. but boosts are taking it too far you shouldnt be able to buy advantages.

    Leveling is part of the game. TBC starts at lvl 1. I will try my best to exclude all boosted andies if I get the chance to do so (mass report them afk in bgs etc).
    but... but... blizzard told me tbc starts at lvl 58!

  13. #13
    I don't get it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    I have it on good authority that this isn't what Jesus would do.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Delia Verana View Post
    Even in the remote Hillsbrad, where I work as an innkeeeper, I have seen a lot of truly disgusting behaviour. I have received mail from my dear friends in Orgrimmar about a worrying trend of people attacking other heroes of their own kind. I did not believe it to be this bad 'till I saw it myself.

    THEY ARE SPITTING ON OTHERS! Using all manner of derogatory slurs to insult others. Just because... they are riding a warp stalker? Hmm, I don't know about you but such childish fools are for sure banned from resting in my inn!


    For real though, don't be dumb. /spit is one thing, making it automatic is another but going in with whispers and /s on other players' simple purchase is in my opinion and should be a bannable offense. I mean how do you justify it, I am curious? Keeping the hate on the forums is fine I guess but going after other players in game should not be tolerated. You don't like the existence of the deluxe edition, cool, but is this the way to show it?

    I really do hope something is done about this. A statement would be brave and it would fuel the fire for sure, but I do not see any justification to harass the players who decided to use their own money on something Blizzard offered them. Keep it cool, rest assured I have a fast copypasta ready for a report when ever I see these heroes. Just don't be dumb.
    I have the same weakaura but for Blood elves aswell. It's not /spit either, it's the superior aoe "/me spits on you." emote aswell. Griefing your own faction is PvP, prove me wrong.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    Deal with it, it was part of the package.
    You say this, yet I can't find anywhere on the page where it mentions this is part of the package. In other words, you are trying to justify your reasons with terrible excuses.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by AlbertColvert View Post
    why hate the players who get stuff implemented / allowed by Blizzard ?

    they could get rid of it very easily if they wanted to
    Players who purchase those products directly promote them.
    Of course, Blizzard is at fault first and foremost, but the customers who purchase them incentivize the company to release more products of a similiar fashion.

    I don't give a shit whether someone purchased the boost / mount, i think both should not exist, but in the same vein, i also do not give a shit when some people are being ostracized within the game for purchasing those services, it's damn well obvious that a lot of people are being very much opposed to it and thus those people reap what they sow.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    How was this never an issue with the other CEs over 16 years?

    Yes..even in Vanilla we had a CE..was that acceptable because it "only" had a pet? Pet...mount? What is the difference? Sure, there was no shop, that came in TBC, but even then...I never have hear complaints about CE content, not even about the mount and transmog added in SL (and by then, ppl were having problems with pretty much anything in WoW)

    Apart from whatever fallacy it is that wants to make us believe that anyone who buy a CE also "use ... real life money to get 20 accounts and boost your effort free army of profession alts and get rich (ingame) or sell gold to other boosted andies for big returns."
    Vanilla /TBC CE's didnt give you any ingame advantages like a boost. You bought these mainly because of physical items and maybe a pet ingame that has no impact on anyone.

    Completely different scenarios. They should have just sold a mount/pet/toy with the "Deluxe edition" and maybe add the character clone stuff for the classic realms. Cosmetics are fine if they arent overdone like the ugly mount.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    You say this, yet I can't find anywhere on the page where it mentions this is part of the package. In other words, you are trying to justify your reasons with terrible excuses.
    That's because you're naive. The overwhelming negative response to the deluxe edition, especially the mount and even the boost itself should give you a clue of what will happen when you ride around with it surrounded by people that despise what it stands for.

    Tbh I don't care all that much about the money stuff. For me it just looks out of place, it's ugly and the animations are cringe.
    Last edited by tikcol; 2021-05-30 at 11:57 AM.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    That's because you're naive. The overwhelming negative response to the deluxe edition, especially the mount and even the boost itself should give you a clue of what will happen when you ride around with it surrounded by people that despise what it stands for.
    So that gives people the justification to act the way they are? The same people who are doing it would be mad if people started making fun of them for using Class mounts, vendor mounts, etc. Just because people dislike things doesn't entitle them to act like jerks and trying to justify it with "It comes with the package" is just a terrible excuse.

    Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    Vanilla /TBC CE's didnt give you any ingame advantages like a boost. You bought these mainly because of physical items and maybe a pet ingame that has no impact on anyone.
    Except the difference is with TBC you would have all your characters transfer over from Classic with no issues. People are limited to 1 boost so it's not like it's really an advantage at all. If anything it's just allowing that player to catch back up to where they would've been back in the day instead of handicapping them by removing all their characters. Secondly a one time boost isn't an advantage by any means.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Wait, you will mass report somebody FALSELY for being afk because you believe they bought a boost and you disagree with them using their own money on a service that is provided within the game?

    Oh man
    I only do it for the completely in green geared "fresh from the printer" heroes who ruin your bg expierence by being useless. If enough report they get removed rather quickly or atleast get the "hey you are afk-debuff" which ironically many dont manage to get off them before being kicked (aka they are afk for real (or bots..))

    Whats wrong with using a service that is provided within the game like report afk?

    We need a weakaura for this that detects every boosted andy and lets everyone know that someone reported them so we can get rid of the trash easier.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •