Page 15 of 30 FirstFirst ...
5
13
14
15
16
17
25
... LastLast
  1. #281
    The Lightbringer Arganis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Ruhenheim
    Posts
    3,623
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    People "can say" whatever they want, doesnt make any off it accurate or true.
    So now you’re defending Blizzard? I’m confused, which side of the argument are you on anyway? Sorry but your snarky one line response, deep as it was, isn’t very informative.
    Facilis Descensus Averno

  2. #282
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash The Stampede View Post
    I can't wait to see the prices in the auction house sky rocket and force me to pay higher prices to make my Thunder weapon. I'm on the fence on quitting classic before I get knee deep into it. Maybe call my credit card company and get my $15 back. I'm not getting TBC as far as I'm concerned.
    Why are you telling us any of this? If you are going to quit over something that "might" happen, according to some random dude on a fansite forum, then go do it - thats your choice.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Arganis View Post
    So now you’re defending Blizzard? I’m confused, which side of the argument are you on anyway? Sorry but your snarky one line response, deep as it was, isn’t very informative.
    Defending what? You are living in a dream world were your twisted personal opinions are facts, and swinging wildly at anyone who dare say anything even neutral about Blizzard, let alone positive!
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Sites have their own audiences with their own specialized opinion makers.

  3. #283
    Old God Vash The Stampede's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Better part of NJ
    Posts
    10,915
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Why are you telling us any of this? If you are going to quit over something that "might" happen, according to some random dude on a fansite forum, then go do it - thats your choice.
    Firstly, I just started playing a week ago. Secondly, it depends if Blizzard implements the WoW token. It's better that I found this out now and quit before getting too involved. The moment Blizzard implements the WoW taken then I'm gone. Back to private servers I go.

  4. #284
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash The Stampede View Post
    Firstly, I just started playing a week ago. Secondly, it depends if Blizzard implements the WoW token. It's better that I found this out now and quit before getting too involved. The moment Blizzard implements the WoW taken then I'm gone. Back to private servers I go.
    You havnt found anything out - one person on a random fansite has made a claim - with nothing to support it. You quitting because "some dude on a forum said one day this thing might happen" is entirely illogical and irrational, but its your life, if you want to quit over that, do it - i see no reason to tell people on a fansite you are quitting, especially over something so nonsensical.

    I do find it quite amusing that you would look at quitting over this issue, and yet openly comment on attempting to commit fraud as your "solution".
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Sites have their own audiences with their own specialized opinion makers.

  5. #285
    The Lightbringer Arganis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Ruhenheim
    Posts
    3,623
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash The Stampede View Post
    Yes, but I will still continue to do so.
    Great. Well, have at it then, if it makes you feel less powerless.

    Because that’s what this is about. You, and other people like you, thinking harassing consumers will somehow make Blizzard change their corporate practices, which is just totally fucking stupid.

    It’s like yelling at a McDonalds customer for eating something you wish wasn’t on the menu. As if the CEO gives a shit about you acting like an asshole to another customer. You’re both just stupid pay-pigs in his eyes.
    Last edited by Arganis; 2021-05-31 at 12:59 AM.
    Facilis Descensus Averno

  6. #286
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash The Stampede View Post
    You bought the mount then you're the problem. You think losing over 50% of players on Retail has nothing to do with the monetization of the game? It's why we're here, to avoid you whales. You guys won, you now own Retail WoW. Let us have TBC without any micro-transactions.
    Do you actually think this? Like, in your heart of hearts, do you actually think that Classic is supposed to be some monetization-free "DAE OLD BLIZZARD GOOD NEW BLIZZARD BAD" safe haven? Because I promise you Blizzard doesn't give a fuck and if you're continuing to give a company that you disagree with on such a fundamental level money than you're part of the reason they keep pulling shit like this. Either all of it's okay or none of it's okay.

  7. #287
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    You havnt found anything out - one person on a random fansite has made a claim - with nothing to support it. You quitting because "some dude on a forum said one day this thing might happen" is entirely illogical and irrational, but its your life, if you want to quit over that, do it - i see no reason to tell people on a fansite you are quitting, especially over something so nonsensical.

    I do find it quite amusing that you would look at quitting over this issue, and yet openly comment on attempting to commit fraud as your "solution".
    I know that you are only here to argue for the sake of arguing - not to discuss the actual matter, but if you had any technical knowledge you could look the token thing up yourself. The buy token page is there and running, just hidden and you can not make any purchases yet.

    Here is an article about it: https://www.icy-veins.com/forums/top...d-not-enabled/

  8. #288
    Old God Vash The Stampede's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Better part of NJ
    Posts
    10,915
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    You havnt found anything out - one person on a random fansite has made a claim - with nothing to support it. You quitting because "some dude on a forum said one day this thing might happen" is entirely illogical and irrational, but its your life, if you want to quit over that, do it -
    The way things are going with TBC, it wouldn't shock me that Blizzard does implement a Token. I'm keeping my eyes open for it.
    i see no reason to tell people on a fansite you are quitting, especially over something so nonsensical.
    I do, because it spreads awareness. I don't like micro-transactions in my games and I don't like them being sneaked in after the game is launched.
    I do find it quite amusing that you would look at quitting over this issue, and yet openly comment on attempting to commit fraud as your "solution".
    Less fraud to me than playing TBC with tokens. In the end I'm punished by wasting more of my time because someone else paid money not to waste theirs. Leveling my toon and ganked by a boosted 58. Grinding matts to make Thunder and the prices skyrocket on the AH due to boosts and Tokens. I'm on the moral high ground, not you.

  9. #289
    Quote Originally Posted by shoegazing View Post
    "society could be improved somewhat"

    "and yet you still participate in society! how curious! i am very smart!"
    Shit comic in its original form and even shittier here. Matt Bors is a hack.

  10. #290
    Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    I know that you are only here to argue for the sake of arguing - not to discuss the actual matter, but if you had any technical knowledge you could look the token thing up yourself. The buy token page is there and running, just hidden and you can not make any purchases yet.

    Here is an article about it: https://www.icy-veins.com/forums/top...d-not-enabled/
    Your "article" link doesnt seem to have worked - all that is linked is some forum user on a random fansite talking about the same thing you are. They might introduce a token at some stage, they might not. This has been known and discussed to death since before classic was even launched. Nothing has changed.

    Maybe if you link to the actual article there would be something to discuss.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Vash The Stampede View Post
    I do, because it spreads awareness. I don't like micro-transactions in my games and I don't like them being sneaked in after the game is launched.
    Why do you think its important to "spread awareness" that you are looking at quitting, after a week, and then trying to get your money back, even though you have already used the product you purchased? What "awareness" are you trying to spread?
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Sites have their own audiences with their own specialized opinion makers.

  11. #291
    Herald of the Titans The Oblivion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,946
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash The Stampede View Post
    The way things are going with TBC, it wouldn't shock me that Blizzard does implement a Token. I'm keeping my eyes open for it.

    I do, because it spreads awareness. I don't like micro-transactions in my games and I don't like them being sneaked in after the game is launched.

    Less fraud to me than playing TBC with tokens. In the end I'm punished by wasting more of my time because someone else paid money not to waste theirs. Leveling my toon and ganked by a boosted 58. Grinding matts to make Thunder and the prices skyrocket on the AH due to boosts and Tokens. I'm on the moral high ground, not you.
    there is no moral high ground. its a video game product. you are just a whiner at best if you cry about digital loot lol

  12. #292
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash The Stampede View Post
    Less fraud to me than playing TBC with tokens.
    No, completely wrong - one is fraud, one is a business choosing to monetize a product in a way you personally are not happy with.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by The Oblivion View Post
    there is no moral high ground. its a video game product. you are just a whiner at best if you cry about digital loot lol
    My stance is very clear - if you dont like a product or service, dont purchase/use it. There is a reason "I quit" threads are not allowed around here - no one likes listening to someone whine and complain about a product they personally are happy with.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Sites have their own audiences with their own specialized opinion makers.

  13. #293
    The Lightbringer Arganis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Ruhenheim
    Posts
    3,623
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Defending what? You are living in a dream world were your twisted personal opinions are facts, and swinging wildly at anyone who dare say anything even neutral about Blizzard, let alone positive!
    You just sound like you were triggered because I criticized Blizzard. I’m not “swinging wildly” at anyone who dares say something positive about Blizzard...lol

    I honestly don’t give a shit, if you’re happy as a clam with everything the company does and see no difference between today and ten years ago, then good for you dude. I really don’t care.

    This a forum, I express my opinion. And I never said I thought my opinions were facts, you said that. Cause apparently you think I’m some “old person” which somehow means what I say is all delusional garbage cause what? Cause you’re “young” and that’s better I guess? Pretty thin reasoning if you ask me.
    Last edited by Arganis; 2021-05-31 at 01:00 AM.
    Facilis Descensus Averno

  14. #294
    Quote Originally Posted by Arganis View Post
    Cause apparently you think I’m some “old person” which somehow means what I say is all delusional garbage cause what?
    Where did i say anything even remotely like this?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Arganis View Post
    Cause you’re “young” and that’s better I guess? Pretty thin reasoning, if you ask me.
    Now you are doing exactly what you are (wrongfully) accusing me of doing - your hypocrisy knows no end.

    This is called a strawman argument - creating a made up argument that no one is making, and then proceeding to dismantle this entirely fabricated argument.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Sites have their own audiences with their own specialized opinion makers.

  15. #295
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Your "article" link doesnt seem to have worked - all that is linked is some forum user on a random fansite talking about the same thing you are. They might introduce a token at some stage, they might not. This has been known and discussed to death since before classic was even launched. Nothing has changed.
    You misunderstood once again, I have never claimed the token is coming to bcc. I have just said that they have set up a buying page for it and that is actual fact. What you do with that information is up to you.

  16. #296
    The Lightbringer Arganis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Ruhenheim
    Posts
    3,623
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Where did i say anything even remotely like this?

    - - - Updated - - -



    Now you are doing exactly what you are (wrongfully) accusing me of doing - your hypocrisy knows no end.

    This is called a strawman argument - creating a made up argument that no one is making, and then proceeding to dismantle this entirely fabricated argument.
    Are you trolling me? You have to be trolling me... You said in your original reply that I sounded like an old person because of how “exaggerated” my beliefs were.

    And now you’re giving me lessons on what a “straw man argument” is??? Trolololol

    Ok this exchange is over. Not gonna waste my time further.
    Facilis Descensus Averno

  17. #297
    Old God Vash The Stampede's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Better part of NJ
    Posts
    10,915
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Why do you think its important to "spread awareness" that you are looking at quitting, after a week,
    Misery loves company.
    and then trying to get your money back, even though you have already used the product you purchased?
    I bought the product back in 2007, so I ain't returning nothing. The service is why I'm refunding and it sucks. Assuming they push for Tokens.
    What "awareness" are you trying to spread?
    Micro-transactions suck and I'm not going to be a part of it. Please join the cause.

  18. #298
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash The Stampede View Post
    Misery loves company.

    I bought the product back in 2007, so I ain't returning nothing. The service is why I'm refunding and it sucks. Assuming they push for Tokens.

    Micro-transactions suck and I'm not going to be a part of it. Please join the cause.
    You did NOT purchase this product - it is not for sale - it doesnt exist. You are talking about trying to reclaim the cost of 1 month sub, even though you have admitting using roughly 1/4 of it already, by contacting your CC company and asking them to refund it.

    Micro transaction do not "suck", and have been in the game for well over a decade. Systems allowing those willing and able to spend cash on them have also been around since TBC - for some reason many of you have forgotten, or at least forget to mention RAF and the huge advantages it gave.

    You purchasing TBC back in 2007 is completely irrelevant to the conversation, as they have not charged you again for the same product, they are asking for the same subscription you paid back then to access their product. I haven't read the terms and conditions when purchasing game time, but I don't imagine it says anywhere "if you change your mind, or want your money back, just ask! we are happy to entirely refund your money!".

    Lastly, there is no "cause", just a handful of angry people upset that a company would try and make money. The overwhelming majority of people know that if they dont like the MTX of a game, they simply dont purchase them. If they feel they are in some way negatively impacting their enjoyment of the game, they simply stop playing that game and move on.
    Last edited by arkanon; 2021-05-31 at 01:45 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Sites have their own audiences with their own specialized opinion makers.

  19. #299
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Your "article" link doesnt seem to have worked - all that is linked is some forum user on a random fansite talking about the same thing you are. They might introduce a token at some stage, they might not. This has been known and discussed to death since before classic was even launched. Nothing has changed.
    *Find Sand*

    *Insert Head*

  20. #300
    Quote Originally Posted by Hexian View Post
    *Find Sand*

    *Insert Head*
    What part of "they might introduce the token" makes you think anyone has their head in the sand?

    *Sky is Falling*

    I remember when wow was launched in china with a totally different payment model, and some people swore black and blue that they were going to start charging us by time played, and that was going to ruin everything and wow was going to die. These people had literally no doubt in their mind it WAS happening, and pointed to china as the reason.

    Im not even saying they wont introduce the token - lord knows there is plenty of demand for it, with many even on this very forum ASKING for the token to be introduced. What im saying is we have nowhere near enough evidence to make any judgement on it, as many have said this could easily be a copy/paste situation with the chinese game, or, it could be that they plan on introducing the token in the west - we have zero evidence either way.
    Last edited by arkanon; 2021-05-31 at 03:09 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Sites have their own audiences with their own specialized opinion makers.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •