Page 20 of 30 FirstFirst ...
10
18
19
20
21
22
... LastLast
  1. #381
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsarez View Post
    This is literally retail M+ behavior creeping into a game that was supposed to be different.
    You can take the retail out of the game but you can't take the retail out of the player. :^)

  2. #382
    Herald of the Titans Lora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Some random weird place
    Posts
    2,948
    people shouldnt be banned for spitting on others and others shouldnt cry because people dont like their shiny $70 dollar mount. this sentiment of hating others for store bought shit started way back when they introduced those shitty transmog helms, which they did end up taking off the store but not likely due to the complaints. people will always bitch and moan about others buying cosmetic shit regardless of the game and they take it out on the people who partake in whatever dumb cosmetic shit is the latest trend. at the same time, the people who buy the dumb cosmetic shit will act like fucking pariahs and cry woe is me because someone else doesnt like the shiny pixels that they bought and dont even own.

    Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

  3. #383
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsarez View Post
    This is literally retail M+ behavior creeping into a game that was supposed to be different.
    Could you be so kind to link me where Blizzard states how Classic was/is supposed to be "different"?
    Could you also be so kind to link me where Blizzard states what criteria you are supposed to use when you make your own group, both in Retail and in Classic?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Tsarez View Post
    Let me tell you the actual reason why people refuse to play with boosted chars: because they assume we're shit. And they think that spending 100+ hours autoshotting mobs in the open world somehow makes you a better player and would magically prepare you for entry level dungeons. Flash news, it doesn't. Doing a dungeon prepares you for the dungeon. And any character in WoW isn't a racing car and certainly not as hard to master as one.
    You don't have the right to be invited to other people's group.
    Other people can invite or not invite you on based on whatever criteria they want.

    If someone doesn't want to invite boosted people to his group then Blizzard 100% supports him in that. Whether that is stupid or not is a completely different matter.

  4. #384
    ...here's a lovely idea, anyone harassing anybody over having the deluxe should quite possibly just grow up. Novel idea huh?

  5. #385
    Epic! HordeFanboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Not Shilling for Blizzard
    Posts
    1,509
    Imagine defending paypigs.
    Imagine defending retards who buy 70$ cosmetics to a 15yo re-released game.
    Imagine defending whales that buy anything blizzard shits on the table.
    Keep it up.
    Let them feel the hate.
    Legion is the worst expansion
    BFA=Blizzard Failed Again
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment..._google_trend/

  6. #386
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2 View Post
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    Im sick of playing with people who are to poor to afford cosmetic items in a 16 year old game.

    People who are to poor not to buy them should ne banned until they buy them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    I have no respect for people who show how poor they are by not buying them. People who do not use microtransactions should be banned for clearly being to poor.
    I'm amazed that both of you think that not wanting to bring real money to buy things in a video game you allready have to buy and pay a monthly subscription for, is connected to being poor. While it's more like having a brain, self respect and values.

  7. #387
    The Unstoppable Force FelPlague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    23,454
    Quote Originally Posted by shoegazing View Post
    Yeah people spitting on boosted andies and dumb out of place toys and gimmicks, are totally the same thing as blaming rape victims. I really can't see any difference at all between these situations. This is a useful and informative analogy. I am good at #logic

    Also if this model is from TBC, can you kindly inform me what steps were necessary to acquire this retail-looking mount in TBC?

    Oh yeah and that gigantic, gaudy, hamfisted dark portal hearthstone, how could I have acquired that in TBC also please??
    1. its the same style of blaming the victim because "they asked for it"
    2. its not just /spitting, people are getting harrased on mass, being kicked from groups and ninja looted, all because they use a mount.

    also how the fuck is it retail looking? its literally a fucking TBC model.
    also this hearthstone was literally in the TCG, of course added after TBC, but TBC had a giant hearthstone of its own, the ethereal hearthstone.

  8. #388
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsarez View Post
    Do you literally ask people "what is your gear?" before you invite someone? I've been rejected because I've boosted the character, not because my gear is too low.
    If a 58 without a guild whispers you, you know they're boosted.
    It's pretty simple, i can't be arsed to check their gear, but not being 60 and wanting to get invited to a dungeon what most people only do at cap is certainly a red flag for being a boosted character.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsarez View Post
    People with gear good enough to make a difference don't need it. You won't have many applicants with Raid gear wanting to join your UBRS/Strat/whatever group.
    People having a modicum of blue gear from BRD / LBRS / Quests / Craftables >> Boosted characters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsarez View Post
    Do you literally ask people "what is your gear?" before you invite someone? I've been rejected because I've boosted the character, not because my gear is too low.
    Boosted character has trash gear, it goes hand in hand.
    If one managed to hit 60 and get a modicum of gear, that character is hardly different from a nonboosted character and thus i don't care.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsarez View Post
    And they think that spending 100+ hours autoshotting mobs in the open world somehow makes you a better player and would magically prepare you for entry level dungeons. Flash news, it doesn't.
    I think it does, most people however have the assumption that everyone has inherit knowledge of the game, which is just not true.

    People that leveled their characters organically at least encountered basic mechanics such as mobs running away = very bad or even something such as interrupts.
    It doesn't mean they mastered those mechanics, but i think there is a difference between fucking something up or actually learning a mechanics when you're in the dungeon.

    After all, the the blockade of the boost is the willingness to pay up, not the completion of a basic trial.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsarez View Post
    And lets not forget about the absurd amount of people who got their level 60 paladins/shamans within a few days after pre-patch hit by buying boosts through dungeons with gold. Nobody seems to have an issue with that. But paying the equivalent of less than 1 hour of my salary to be lv 58? Literally worse than being a dictator.
    First off, a lot of people would have liked to see dungeon boosting fixed but it's strictly speaking authentic behavior on the game's part, Blizzard simply chose not to fix it.

    Second, those people actually leveled characters that fast aren't the kind of people that pug dungeons, they likely join a guild / gdkp to gear up their Shaman / Pallies, they're completely out of the loop here.
    So even if some people would want to ostracize them, they would never get the chance.

    Thirdly, people that get boosted usually farmed their gold on their main, so it's more of a catchup for alts, they also have the gold to purchase a modicum of items once their character hits the cap to be stronger than a boosted character.
    After all, they are familiar with gearing a character in classic and know where to easily grab some solid upgrades.

    Buying something such as Devilsaur set is a huge upgrade for any Melee dps, but the prices at which the set sells aren't that easy to buy for a person that has no Classic gold on their account, especially as now most people hoard their gold like dragons.

    For example, i did Strat Live with a Ret Pally yesterday who was 60, he wore some craftable items, AV Spear and other decent BoE's.
    Overall, did reasonable damage, was a solid guy, 10/10 would invite again.

    I'm not defending dungeon boosting, but it needs to be reiterated that it's frankly an unintended loophole that gets mercilessly exploited by players (because the most degenerate boosting always abuses some form of pathing issue), altough people that abuse it are primarily people that have already played Classic extensively, because buying boosts especially right now sure as shit is not cheap.

    Finally, while not related to dungeons itself, boosted characters are an absolute plague in Bg's.
    When you enter a battleground and see 1/3 of your team is a boosted character, you know you already lost, any remotely Classic geared character just cuts them down like a scythe goes through weed.
    Especially on Horde side where you have queues around 20 minutes, that just stings very badly and absolutely fuels a very negative sentiment towards boosted characters.

    I don't care about boosted characters in AV, but in WSG / AB, those characters are just deadweight and absolutely ruin my experience.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2021-05-31 at 10:00 AM.

  9. #389
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash The Stampede View Post
    A. Classic has more players than Retail so shut it.
    B. I came from private servers and can go right back. Monetization doesn't keep classic alive, but my desire to play the game does.
    C. If Blizzard didn't bring back classic then they risk losing their copyright, due to private servers. They had no choice but to bring it back.
    A: source pls
    B: then why do you play on classic servers anyway? blizz is such a naughty naughty company, why do you support this? dont you have any principles?
    C: wrong. they just need to DEFEND their ip. they could just sue every private server and their rights would be protected. no need for their own servers.

  10. #390
    Epic! HordeFanboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Not Shilling for Blizzard
    Posts
    1,509
    --- snip ---
    Last edited by Aucald; 2021-05-31 at 12:10 PM. Reason: Removed Spam/Meme Link
    Legion is the worst expansion
    BFA=Blizzard Failed Again
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment..._google_trend/

  11. #391
    Stood in the Fire AkundaMrdal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Czech Republic
    Posts
    445
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    What the fuck is this? You're not "supporting" anything by choosing to spend your own fucking money on something you deem worthy of spending your own fucking money on. Who the fuck are you to tell anybody what is or isn't worthy of their purchase? Moreover, do you think Blizzard gives even the slightest iota of a fuck where the money is coming from? It's a fucking business my dude. Your $15/mo is the same as Timmy Moneybags' $2,000/mo spent on WoW tokens. If you want to get upset about players in the game spending money on shit in-game then you should be out on the streets joining Antifa riots and occupying Wallstreet.
    I'm sure if Blizzard would start selling raid gear for money, there would be a lot of people willing to buy it. But that doesn't make it right, in the eyes of majority of players. Such people should be despised, ridiculed and shamed for buying gear, so they will never do it again. Same thing apply here over deluxe mount, if you bought that mount, part of the package is being despised by majority of players.

  12. #392
    Quote Originally Posted by AkundaMrdal View Post
    I'm sure if Blizzard would start selling raid gear for money, there would be a lot of people willing to buy it. But that doesn't make it right, in the eyes of majority of players. Such people should be despised, ridiculed and shamed for buying gear, so they will never do it again. Same thing apply here over deluxe mount, if you bought that mount, part of the package is being despised by majority of players.
    i everyone who cant differentiate between buying gear("power") and buying a cosmetic should be shamed forever until they learn the difference.

  13. #393
    Quote Originally Posted by AkundaMrdal View Post
    I'm sure if Blizzard would start selling raid gear for money, there would be a lot of people willing to buy it. But that doesn't make it right, in the eyes of majority of players. Such people should be despised, ridiculed and shamed for buying gear, so they will never do it again. Same thing apply here over deluxe mount, if you bought that mount, part of the package is being despised by majority of players.
    You say a lot without actually saying why it's a bad thing.

  14. #394
    Quote Originally Posted by lagiacrux View Post
    i everyone who cant differentiate between buying gear("power") and buying a cosmetic should be shamed forever until they learn the difference.
    Is a higher level not power?

  15. #395
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsarez View Post
    It's literally a one time boost. You cannot do it more than once. So who cares? Blizzard wants to lower the entry barrier to Burning Crusade to get these people to play who didn't want to or who didn't have the time to play classic. Brining more people into the community.

    Allowing access to players who don't feel that leveling for 100+ hours in irrelevant content is the epitome of fun is a good thing, not a bad thing.

    Pretending that it's now already set in stone that buying boosts to 58 will become a baseline shop feature is fear mongering, nothing else.

    Also, this is disgusting:



    You blame the community to take what is offered by blizzard and want to punish the players instead of unsubbing and actually punishing the company offering the services that you have a problem with? This is the definition of being toxic.
    Oh I m not subbed. I bought enough tokens when their gold price was still normal in the very beginning to keep my account up for a long ass time. And I did so thinking that some were just passively placed in the AH by blizzard before learning every single one is bought by players. But back on topic:
    Yes I do blame the community to some extent. And before you make a real world analogy that does not apply here to justify why you called my view disgusting. We are talking about a GAME with an OPTIONAL purchase. To put some context:
    It would be disgusting if I started blaming consumers for the environmental crisis because they used fuel by Cell. That is because car fuel today is a necessity and many people do not have a choice of where to get it from. Cell is responsible for a tremendous amount of greenhouse emissions and blaming the consumer on an individual level without holding cell accountable would indeed be disgusting.
    It would not be disgusting however to blame consumers for giving into optional predatory services that should either be given for free for paying your sub fee (character copy to tbc) or not exist at all. Dumbass consumers who do not know what to do with their money enable these practices to nurture and prosper. And this is not fear mongering. People were literally saying the same thing years ago in WoTLK and look at where retail is today. People were fearing things like these might creep into classic and look at what is happening right now. Why should I believe that this will stay a one time thing?

  16. #396
    Quote Originally Posted by BeepBoo View Post
    only as much as they apparently affect the psyches of some posters who actually take offense at things like emotes and being kicked from groups by players who don't want to group with them anyways
    Except that one group is at the receiving end, while the other group are aggressors.

  17. #397
    I dont see the "boosted chars have shit gear" argument at all. Did you see the world first kills in classic raids? It was several people on lvl 58 with deadmines gear. Yes I am referring to Apes kill in MC and Ony. Why the fuck you need better gear for a 58 dungeon is beyond me

  18. #398
    Quote Originally Posted by HawkonBloodeye View Post
    I dont see the "boosted chars have shit gear" argument at all. Did you see the world first kills in classic raids? It was several people on lvl 58 with deadmines gear. Yes I am referring to Apes kill in MC and Ony. Why the fuck you need better gear for a 58 dungeon is beyond me ������
    Because nobody cares about the gear unless you re queuing for a BG. People just dont want to play with people who boosted.

  19. #399
    If you boosted a char, put all assholes on ignore. Not worth to spend time and energy on them. Find people who want to do content with you. They can come here to complain instead and be miserable. You can argue all you want, but you Will not be met with the slig test argument, and all your argument will be invalid from the start. Enjoy TBC, see you on the other side of the dark portal :*

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Delever View Post
    Because nobody cares about the gear unless you re queuing for a BG. People just dont want to play with people who boosted.
    Yea, and then thats fine. I got no issues on my boosted toon to join anything. Only a handful of offensive poople, and thats fine. I dont need to join their holy circle jerk on my alt.

  20. #400
    Quote Originally Posted by lagiacrux View Post
    A: source pls
    B: then why do you play on classic servers anyway? blizz is such a naughty naughty company, why do you support this? dont you have any principles?
    C: wrong. they just need to DEFEND their ip. they could just sue every private server and their rights would be protected. no need for their own servers.
    They're not protecting their IP very well right now, I just saw an ad on youtube for a private server

    Lmao

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •