Page 21 of 30 FirstFirst ...
11
19
20
21
22
23
... LastLast
  1. #401
    Quote Originally Posted by HawkonBloodeye View Post
    If you boosted a char, put all assholes on ignore. Not worth to spend time and energy on them. Find people who want to do content with you. They can come here to complain instead and be miserable. You can argue all you want, but you Will not be met with the slig test argument, and all your argument will be invalid from the start. Enjoy TBC, see you on the other side of the dark portal :*

    - - - Updated - - -



    Yea, and then thats fine. I got no issues on my boosted toon to join anything. Only a handful of offensive poople, and thats fine. I dont need to join their holy circle jerk on my alt.
    Your ignore list has a limit. Good luck tho. xD

  2. #402
    Quote Originally Posted by Zypherz View Post
    Is a higher level not power?
    you are referring to the boost (which the poster i quoted didnt), but i will answer you regardless.
    buying the boost is "pay to skip". you "skip" the tedious leveling process. its a timesaver.
    unlike the classic "pay to win" which would be buying power (gear, etc)

    if you think buying a boost is "buying power" try going into a bg with your boosted gear

    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    They're not protecting their IP very well right now, I just saw an ad on youtube for a private server

    Lmao
    dont need to sue everyone, just enough so they dont lose their ip. but im sure, if the server gets big enough, they will get mail from blizz
    Last edited by lagiacrux; 2021-05-31 at 10:29 AM.

  3. #403
    Quote Originally Posted by HawkonBloodeye View Post
    If you boosted a char, put all assholes on ignore. Not worth to spend time and energy on them. Find people who want to do content with you. They can come here to complain instead and be miserable. You can argue all you want, but you Will not be met with the slig test argument, and all your argument will be invalid from the start. Enjoy TBC, see you on the other side of the dark portal :*

    - - - Updated - - -



    Yea, and then thats fine. I got no issues on my boosted toon to join anything. Only a handful of offensive poople, and thats fine. I dont need to join their holy circle jerk on my alt.
    You re honestly doing people a favor

  4. #404
    Keyboard Turner Delia Verana's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Location
    Tarren Mill, Hillsbrad
    Posts
    3
    Okay friends, how does this work... you know I am not actually an Innkeeper, I am just a cleaner, aspiring to be one though. I heard of this platform where you can voice your worries and decided to give it a go. I didn't expect it to blow up like this.

    The conversation has been contagious and derailing to say the least. That's totally fine but some of it is on me so let me add in a few things.

    First of all, if you think a little roleplaying to drive your point is cringe... wow, you are cringe. HAH, the perfect argument. One point to Delia!

    I don't actually own the mount, not that you'd care nor believe me but just putting it out there. Whether or not I agree with it's existence was irrelevant from the start. I actually did witness a situation like this from the warmth of soon-to-be my Inn. People like this do exist and this was not the only occasion I've seen. Perhaps I've been unlucky to witness multiple of them, that I cannot know.

    Using the /spit emote is not and I think can agree, should not be ban-worthy. That's why I said "/spit is one thing ... but ...". Intent does matter though. There is a place for /spit banter and then there are places where it is abused. I don't think it should exist at all but hey, here we are. You can make arguments about automating it to target certain people but that is ultimately up to Blizzard to work around - or not to do so.

    Harassment is punishable and that is what I wished to shine light on. I stand by my statement, it should not be tolerated. If you honestly think there is any ground to attack other players in game because of something that you do not agree with... well I hope you are better in other walks of life. Not everyone is aware of any controversy around in-game shops nor should they tbh. It's a game, made for entertainment. I know, bewildering, right? Those not aware are most likely kids and you take it on them? smh

    Questionable public shaming is not right. It's abusive and it is harassment. Just don't be dumb. I am glad to see many here who still have common sense and compassion in them. Please do report this behaviour, even if you are just a bystander. It does affect us all when people have the audacity to go the extra mile. Take your problems to feedback, don't hate the player. If you can't enjoy what the game has become... there is a classic statement for that but I can't remember it right now.

    I would LOVE to add in one more thing and you can't stop me. If you think I am your enemy simply because I do not have the energy to campaign against the new age coming to a replay of something I lived through already, shame on you. If it means that I am a Blizzard shill, so be it. If it means I am to blame when more gets added, so be it. I know what to do at that point. Times change but abusive and entitled people do not. Don't hate the player. You are only going to turn me against you.

    I will leave you with a puzzle. If you were to believe that Blizzard only cares about how much money they can milk out of me, do you think they would stand by your freedom of expression? Or do you think instead they would love to make their "whales" feel safe? It's not that black and white by the way.

    Also as a side note, I am gathering names to my initiative. If you wouldn't mind, drop by in Tarren Mill and sign, I would very much appreciate it. You see, I don't think the current Innkeeper is doing a very good job and I think Tarren Mill deserves an Innkeeper that can make good use of all the new Blood Elves passing by. I have many years of experience in the service sector and during my endless years in undeath, I have come up with many ideas to improve our cozy Inn.

    Love,
    Delia

  5. #405
    Quote Originally Posted by HawkonBloodeye View Post
    I dont see the "boosted chars have shit gear" argument at all. Did you see the world first kills in classic raids? It was several people on lvl 58 with deadmines gear. Yes I am referring to Apes kill in MC and Ony. Why the fuck you need better gear for a 58 dungeon is beyond me ������
    What is possible is not equal to what is efficient.

    When i can clear Strat live in 30 minutes than 40 minutes, simply because i selected the right people who whispered me with "inv", i consider that certainly the superior option.
    Not to mention that a geared character can potentially compensate a fuckup such as pulling another pack.

    After all, a 3H MC clear isn't exactly what most people consider "a good run".

  6. #406
    The Unstoppable Force FelPlague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    23,684
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash The Stampede View Post
    A. Classic has more players than Retail so shut it.
    B. I came from private servers and can go right back. Monetization doesn't keep classic alive, but my desire to play the game does.
    C. If Blizzard didn't bring back classic then they risk losing their copyright, due to private servers. They had no choice but to bring it back.
    1. Source?
    2. So just fucking quit
    3. Not how copyright law works mate, do some research...

  7. #407
    Quote Originally Posted by T-34 View Post
    Could you be so kind to link me where Blizzard states how Classic was/is supposed to be "different"?
    Could you also be so kind to link me where Blizzard states what criteria you are supposed to use when you make your own group, both in Retail and in Classic?

    - - - Updated - - -
    You don't have the right to be invited to other people's group.
    Other people can invite or not invite you on based on whatever criteria they want.

    If someone doesn't want to invite boosted people to his group then Blizzard 100% supports him in that. Whether that is stupid or not is a completely different matter.
    Nobody is talking about the right to anything. And the requirements for dungeons are visible, for Strat its being level 58-60

  8. #408
    I understand peoples reason to mock other people who buy mounts. I dont understand peopels reason to buy a mount. I think the /spit emote is a weird thing to have in the game at all. I dont think mocking people in an mmo should be a bannable offence. Offensive language is still a thing

  9. #409
    Quote Originally Posted by AkundaMrdal View Post
    I'm sure if Blizzard would start selling raid gear for money, there would be a lot of people willing to buy it. But that doesn't make it right, in the eyes of majority of players. Such people should be despised, ridiculed and shamed for buying gear, so they will never do it again. Same thing apply here over deluxe mount, if you bought that mount, part of the package is being despised by majority of players.
    But they're not selling gear. It's a fucking mount. What is this argument?
    New BiS for 9.1!

    [ twitch ][ Retired Semi-retired as of 2018 ] [ The Official MMO-Champion Bingo Card. ] [ WoW's Community in 2021, illustrated ]
    [ That time I predicted the future...twice. ] [ How do you know if somebody posting on a WoW forum is a FFXIV player? Don't worry, they'll tell you. ]

  10. #410
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Vancouver Canada
    Posts
    80
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsarez View Post
    Nobody is talking about the right to anything. And the requirements for dungeons are visible, for Strat its being level 58-60
    True enough. I honestly think its mostly Blizzards fault for giving boosts pathetic gear. My guilds Paladins at 48+ had far better gear.

  11. #411
    Quote Originally Posted by Delia Verana View Post
    Even in the remote Hillsbrad, where I work as an innkeeeper, I have seen a lot of truly disgusting behaviour. I have received mail from my dear friends in Orgrimmar about a worrying trend of people attacking other heroes of their own kind. I did not believe it to be this bad 'till I saw it myself.

    THEY ARE SPITTING ON OTHERS! Using all manner of derogatory slurs to insult others. Just because... they are riding a warp stalker? Hmm, I don't know about you but such childish fools are for sure banned from resting in my inn!


    For real though, don't be dumb. /spit is one thing, making it automatic is another but going in with whispers and /s on other players' simple purchase is in my opinion and should be a bannable offense. I mean how do you justify it, I am curious? Keeping the hate on the forums is fine I guess but going after other players in game should not be tolerated. You don't like the existence of the deluxe edition, cool, but is this the way to show it?

    I really do hope something is done about this. A statement would be brave and it would fuel the fire for sure, but I do not see any justification to harass the players who decided to use their own money on something Blizzard offered them. Keep it cool, rest assured I have a fast copypasta ready for a report when ever I see these heroes. Just don't be dumb.
    More than likely these are morons that follow wow streamers who hate store mounts and the like and they are that fanatical and “loyal” to what said streamers says that they go out of their way to be a massive dick to anyone who has said mount, I mean the sparkle pony is still hated years afterwards :/

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Marc2001 View Post
    True enough. I honestly think its mostly Blizzards fault for giving boosts pathetic gear. My guilds Paladins at 48+ had far better gear.
    Because people complained that having blue/superior gear would be too OP

  12. #412
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc2001 View Post
    True enough. I honestly think its mostly Blizzards fault for giving boosts pathetic gear. My guilds Paladins at 48+ had far better gear.
    That's by design, to discourage people instantly jumping into endgame dungeons.
    The gear is good enough for questing.

  13. #413
    Quote Originally Posted by un_known View Post
    Because people complained that having blue/superior gear would be too OP
    Too OP for what I wonder? In a few hours BC is launching. The first few items you gain straight out of the portal will replace most of T2/T3 gear or something like that.

  14. #414
    Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    Your ignore list has a limit. Good luck tho. xD
    Thanks! Havent met that many haters yet
    They seem to live in here and not in the actual game.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    I understand peoples reason to mock other people who buy mounts. I dont understand peopels reason to buy a mount. I think the /spit emote is a weird thing to have in the game at all. I dont think mocking people in an mmo should be a bannable offence. Offensive language is still a thing
    Yeah, I agree. Banning people for behavior is... Weird.

    Its pretty simple: dont hang with people who treat you like shit IRL or in a game. Enjoy it and be with awesome people. More fun that way.

  15. #415
    Quote Originally Posted by lagiacrux View Post
    you are referring to the boost (which the poster i quoted didnt), but i will answer you regardless.
    buying the boost is "pay to skip". you "skip" the tedious leveling process. its a timesaver.
    unlike the classic "pay to win" which would be buying power (gear, etc)

    if you think buying a boost is "buying power" try going into a bg with your boosted gear
    You're looking at this one dimensionally, just because a boosted player gets their ass handed to them in a BG or doesn't top the damage meters, it doesn't mean they haven't become stronger than others. The only wall for anything in this game is time; What is the difference between buying gear vs buying levels? There isn't one, they're both just stat boosts gated behind tedious time commitments.

    Go attack low level players in STV, are you not more powerful than they are now? You are becoming stronger than other players with cash. Can you not solo low level instances easier now? Can you not now use your boosted max level mage to farm gold more efficiently for further alts?

    Buying gladiator is 'paying to skip' the effort required to get gladiator. What on earth is the difference? You're just using mental gymnastics to justify it because you don't consider the content that you're boosting past to be relevant. Do you consider Molten core to be relevant? Should there be ways to skip T1, 2 and 2.5 to get to the current content because it's not 'relevant' anymore? That's retail.
    Last edited by Zypherz; 2021-05-31 at 11:42 AM.

  16. #416
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsarez View Post
    Too OP for what I wonder? In a few hours BC is launching. The first few items you gain straight out of the portal will replace most of T2/T3 gear or something like that.
    Its still monday mate. Its coming out in 34 hours - or 1 day and 10 hours

  17. #417
    "I want to consume like a mindless zombie and feel good about it"

    Guys just get the spitting weak aura.

  18. #418
    Quote Originally Posted by Caprias1212 View Post
    "I want to consume like a mindless zombie and feel good about it"

    Guys just get the spitting weak aura.
    madlad just /threaded in 2 sentences

  19. #419
    I mean, the biggest snowflakes are currently the hypocrites who have sold boost since week 2 and no longer have a income because people used a legit blizzard service instead of their personal boosting service :'D

  20. #420
    Quote Originally Posted by HawkonBloodeye View Post
    I mean, the biggest snowflakes are currently the hypocrites who have sold boost since week 2 and no longer have a income because people used a legit blizzard service instead of their personal boosting service :'D
    Have you checked boosting prices?
    People are selling Mara / ZG boosts for 30-40g/run, whereas previously it was like 8-15g/run.

    So yes, you are correct when "no longer have income" actually means "they make more than twice as much".
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2021-05-31 at 11:51 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •