Page 24 of 30 FirstFirst ...
14
22
23
24
25
26
... LastLast
  1. #461
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Btw, some guy /spitting you once isn't harassment. A bunch of guys /spitting you once also isn't harassment unless they coordinated to all do that simultaneously and didn't do it of their own volition.
    Harassment is long-term, a lot more overt and generally unavoidable.

    ha·rass·ment
    /həˈrasmənt,ˈherəsmənt/
    noun
    noun: harassment; plural noun: harassments

    aggressive pressure or intimidation.
    "they face daily harassment and assault on the streets"

    If you want we can take the example and switch it to the following:

    Players face daily harassment and assault on the streets of Stormwind for riding their mounts obtained with the Deluxe Edition.

  2. #462
    Original Store mount community reaction

    Nothing new under the sun. Store mounts have been frowned on since their first incarnation. Now one is being brought out ahead of time just to milk some cash.

    Never having to buy ground mounts again on any alt is a pretty minor "P2W" with quotation marks as it's a convenience rather than actual win but still.

  3. #463
    No need to harrass. But I see no problem with just adding anyone you see with the store mount or boost gear to your ignore list. It's a good sign that they're not going to be reliable in the long run, best keep 'em out of your groups.

  4. #464
    Pandaren Monk Redroniksre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Cambridge, Ontario
    Posts
    1,763
    It is just people being childish as usual, people who probably played TBC a long time ago and are disappointed their old power fantasy is being ruined. I mean it is a pretty funny to meme on the whole "Classic community" given that they seem to be just as shitty as the retail one. I was excited for if they put out WotLK classic, but not sure if i would play it without friends since the rest is kind of ass.

  5. #465
    Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    Well you are basically ruining the game for others with your "p2w" stuff (boosted characters, profession alts in tbc etc) just use your real life money to get 20 accounts and boost your effort free army of profession alts and get rich (ingame) or sell gold to other boosted andies for big returns.

    Ever played a bg these days with all the boosted andies? Yeah much fun to play with even worse people than before. Being able to skip the ~60 hours leveling is just bad and shouldnt even exist. The mount is a big eyesore and feels out of place in tbc.

    Your purchase will bring more bad stuff into the shop in the future too. Soon we will get the wow classic token. People who buy the level boost will also probably want to buy gold (and they already do) which will lead to even more bots, thank you!
    This is all nonsense. A mount in no way ruins the game. Most of the people whoboost in classic have played the game before. Also, people like you have been saying this nonsense for years and nothing like it has happened.

    There is absolutely nothing "pay 2 win" about it.

  6. #466
    Stood in the Fire keelr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    Kun Lai Summit
    Posts
    393
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Btw, some guy /spitting you once isn't harassment. A bunch of guys /spitting you once also isn't harassment unless they coordinated to all do that simultaneously and didn't do it of their own volition.
    Harassment is long-term, a lot more overt and generally unavoidable.
    How is it not harrassment?
    lets try this version:
    "Some guy telling you homofobic stuff once isn't harassment. A bunch of guys telling you homofobic stuff you once also isn't harassment unless they coordinated to all do that simultaneously and didn't do it of their own volition."

    ??

  7. #467
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    This is all nonsense. A mount in no way ruins the game. Most of the people whoboost in classic have played the game before. Also, people like you have been saying this nonsense for years and nothing like it has happened.

    There is absolutely nothing "pay 2 win" about it.
    What? What are you smoking? People have been saying this for years and it has only been getting worse. Started from helmets, went to pets, to mounts, to boosts and now even to legit buying gold. The last thing remaining is buying gear directly which is effectively achievable through buying gold anyway. And the fact that this is starting to creep into classic is the epitome of clown fiesta.

  8. #468
    Quote Originally Posted by phattsao View Post
    No need to harrass. But I see no problem with just adding anyone you see with the store mount or boost gear to your ignore list. It's a good sign that they're not going to be reliable in the long run, best keep 'em out of your groups.
    This is an ignorant generalization because many players who use the boost will be players who played back in the day. Good players do use boosts you know, right? It's also just as childish.

  9. #469
    Many people against boosts, store mounts and similar stuff complain but then proceed to go out and spend money on useless crap on their daily lifes and no one is spiting on them.

    Its just a generation of spoiled kids with no life.

  10. #470
    Quote Originally Posted by Delever View Post
    What? What are you smoking? People have been saying this for years and it has only been getting worse. Started from helmets, went to pets, to mounts, to boosts and now even to legit buying gold. The last thing remaining is buying gear directly which is effectively achievable through buying gold anyway.
    Those are all cosmetics. There is nothing pay 2 win about it. You still have to level to max even with a boost.You still have to gear up to get into the most difficult content. You can get 100's of mounts in the game. Ditto for pets. The "pay 2 win" argument" is devoid of all reality by special snowflkes who want to feel superior because they have no lives and play 20 hours day making them the only ones who should benefit.

  11. #471
    Quote Originally Posted by Hauzhi View Post
    Many people against boosts, store mounts and similar stuff complain but then proceed to go out and spend money on useless crap on their daily lifes and no one is spiting on them.

    Its just a generation of spoiled kids with no life.
    What an incredible analogy.

  12. #472
    I mean I personally think the boosts are stupid but in the end I just don't invite them to groups as a boost because they are just terribly geared off the jump. Sure, once you get to where I cannot tell you weren't a boost then it doesn't matter and I don't care. But sorry, if you are in all that green gear then I am not interested in an extra 45 minutes in the run while you die to every AOE pulse that happens. As for the mount, yeah, I think it is stupid and out of place in the game. Serves no purpose outside of a pit for people to throw money into. But if somehow throwing money into that pit makes them feel either "superior because they are so rich" or "hey I just like the lizard that awkwardly slides along the ground" then I could give a damn either way. But if people feel some kind of negative way about it I won't stand in their way either. If someone is allowed to feel superior because they can/do throw money into the pit or just feel good because they like the mount then I don't see why people shouldn't also be allowed to shit on them. Feels like the free will being satisfied on all ends. I don't do it because it just isn't worth my time or effort to spit on everyone with the mount.

    Truth is in like 24 hours-ish 90% of all it will go away because people will actually have things to do. Right now things are pissy because almost everyone is just standing around doing nothing but waiting.

  13. #473
    Quote Originally Posted by Delever View Post
    What? What are you smoking? People have been saying this for years and it has only been getting worse. Started from helmets, went to pets, to mounts, to boosts and now even to legit buying gold. The last thing remaining is buying gear directly which is effectively achievable through buying gold anyway. And the fact that this is starting to creep into classic is the epitome of clown fiesta.
    Trying to claim he’s wrong by using a slippery slope argument that literally proves him right... lol

    Yeah, selling gear would be p2w. They haven’t done it in the 12 years it existed. They won’t do it because it literally destroys their metrics (MAUs) when someone can just buy gear instead of spending hundreds of hours farming it.

  14. #474
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Those are all cosmetics. There is nothing pay 2 win about it. You still have to level to max even with a boost.You still have to gear up to get into the most difficult content. You can get 100's of mounts in the game. Ditto for pets. The "pay 2 win" argument" is devoid of all reality by special snowflkes who want to feel superior because they have no lives and play 20 hours day making them the only ones who should benefit.
    How is buying gold cosmetic?
    >Be a whale
    >Spend thousands on lvl boost and tokens
    >use money from tokens to buy carries through content
    >Acquire best gear in the game through getting carried

    Is this clear enough?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    Trying to claim he’s wrong by using a slippery slope argument that literally proves him right... lol

    Yeah, selling gear would be p2w. They haven’t done it in the 12 years it existed. They won’t do it because it literally destroys their metrics (MAUs) when someone can just buy gear instead of spending hundreds of hours farming it.
    But they can. What stops whales from buying tokens with money and use the gold to buy gear through carries? Which is exactly what is happening in retail. The fucking trade chat nowdays is literally NOTHING but carry/boost spam which reflects the demand for it.

  15. #475
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsarez View Post
    Too OP for what I wonder? In a few hours BC is launching. The first few items you gain straight out of the portal will replace most of T2/T3 gear or something like that.
    Just on the premise that boosted characters will get better gear than those who slogged their way to 60 “the normal way” and they had to grind for gear.

    And the way I remember it, T3 was replaced when they did T4 (even then they had to hotfix items from karazhan due to T3 still being better by leaps and bounds) T2 replaced with HC gear and T1 replaced with 68-70 questing gear

  16. #476
    Quote Originally Posted by Delever View Post
    What an incredible analogy.
    Actually it is. Whats the argument against store mounts and boosts? Care to explain how its not comparable to buying a bunch of useless crap, usually overpriced?

  17. #477
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsarez View Post
    Nobody is talking about the right to anything. And the requirements for dungeons are visible, for Strat its being level 58-60
    So you can't link me where Blizzard states how Classic is "supposed to be played". I didn't expect any different.
    Requirements does not equal "right to be invited". Only entitled people would demand and feel entitled to be invited to other people's groups and/or try to control how other people play together.

    Let me link you the only place where Blizzard mentions player created groups:

    " Voted out of group before I could finish quest
    Removed to make space for guild member
    Kicked from a Mythic+ group before receiving loot

    Note: Groups formed outside of the queue system (Guild Runs, Mythic +, etc.) will not utilize the vote-kick system. Instead those groups will have one party leader that controls who gets invited or removed."

    https://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/52363

    You can't find anywhere where Blizzard states anything whatsoever about that you have a right to be invited to other people's groups.
    You can't find anywhere where Blizzard states anything whatsoever about how you should make groups and how you shouldn't make groups.
    Blizzard has since day 1 given 100% free reins to the players on how they make their own groups.
    But since day 1 entitled and toxic players have tried to guilt-shame other players to invite them to their groups.

  18. #478
    Quote Originally Posted by Delever View Post
    How is buying gold cosmetic?
    >Be a whale
    >Spend thousands on lvl boost and tokens
    >use money from tokens to buy carries through content
    >Acquire best gear in the game through getting carried

    Is this clear enough?
    A whale? You mean more like a semi-millionaire? Do you have any clue how expensive it would be to buy mythic carry(s) until you're equipped, using gold bought through tokens? You might as well just straight out buy a full battle.net account with mythic gear if you have that much money to spare.

    On classic tokens don't even exist, so you gotta grind for that gold.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by T-34 View Post
    So you can't link me where Blizzard states how Classic is "supposed to be played". I didn't expect any different.
    Requirements does not equal "right to be invited". Only entitled people would demand and feel entitled to be invited to other people's groups and/or try to control how other people play together.

    Let me link you the only place where Blizzard mentions player created groups:

    " Voted out of group before I could finish quest
    Removed to make space for guild member
    Kicked from a Mythic+ group before receiving loot

    Note: Groups formed outside of the queue system (Guild Runs, Mythic +, etc.) will not utilize the vote-kick system. Instead those groups will have one party leader that controls who gets invited or removed."

    https://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/52363

    You can't find anywhere where Blizzard states anything whatsoever about that you have a right to be invited to other people's groups.
    You can't find anywhere where Blizzard states anything whatsoever about how you should make groups and how you shouldn't make groups.
    Blizzard has since day 1 given 100% free reins to the players on how they make their own groups.
    But since day 1 entitled and toxic players have tried to guilt-shame other players to invite them to their groups.
    Nobody is asking for any rights. Stop being so damn toxic.

    Only entitled people would demand and feel entitled to be invited to other people's groups and/or try to control how other people play together.
    The irony of saying that doesn't hurt you?

  19. #479
    Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    Isnt the crafted sets in at p1? In that case shadoweave/mmoncloth/whatever they where called shoulders are probably a lot better.

    i know for my hunter there is basicly nothing from classic thats better.

    But there are some individual pieces ye
    Yes crafted sets are much better. Most dungeon gear isn't though. It's either marginally better, kinda the same or a little bit worse. This is looking at pieces individually, when you factor pre-existing enchants(that most people won't bother to reenchant, like head, gloves, weapon, shoulder and legs) and set bonuses from t3, you will see a lot of people raiding t4 with their BiS items from classic.

    Also, I would advise more casual players not to expect crafting those tailoring sets any time soon. You are dealing with gold inflation and a lot of competition for farming spots.

    I wouldn't be surprised to see primal mights going for 1k gold the first few weeks and some crafted items need like 5 of those
    Last edited by tikcol; 2021-05-31 at 01:37 PM.

  20. #480
    Quote Originally Posted by un_known View Post
    Just on the premise that boosted characters will get better gear than those who slogged their way to 60 “the normal way” and they had to grind for gear.

    And the way I remember it, T3 was replaced when they did T4 (even then they had to hotfix items from karazhan due to T3 still being better by leaps and bounds) T2 replaced with HC gear and T1 replaced with 68-70 questing gear
    My point was that even with marginally better gear from the boost, you'd still be replacing it instantly seeing as even raiding gear won't last long into the expansion. At least this would have made the point moot that people don't want to play with booster chars because their gear is bad. As if the gear from leveling is superior or something.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •