Page 24 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by greysaber View Post
    What's with the 'Andy' thing.

Is this a zoomer thing, like Chad and Stacy?
    Asmongold/Twitch thing, I think.

Like calling people "Classic Andy," "Boosted Andy," "Weeb Andy,"

Take thing with negative connotation/add negative connotation and then tack "Andy" at the and of it. I don't really get it either.

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    They're not protecting their IP very well right now, I just saw an ad on youtube for a private server

Lmao
    They are protecting it fine. That private server will be taken down soon, just as all the rest eventually were.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Delever View Post
    What? What are you smoking? People have been saying this for years and it has only been getting worse. Started from helmets, went to pets, to mounts, to boosts and now even to legit buying gold. The last thing remaining is buying gear directly which is effectively achievable through buying gold anyway. And the fact that this is starting to creep into classic is the epitome of clown fiesta.
    Buying gold has always been in the game and regardless of it being legal, people have done it. A fella I used to know bought like 100K in TBC so he could buy boosts for everything from the War Bear to BT clears. The fact that buying it direct cannot get you banned just brought people into the light with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pregnant Orc View Post
    Original Store mount community reaction

Nothing new under the sun. Store mounts have been frowned on since their first incarnation. Now one is being brought out ahead of time just to milk some cash.

Never having to buy ground mounts again on any alt is a pretty minor "P2W" with quotation marks as it's a convenience rather than actual win but still.
    Lol

I was playing wow actively during the spectral's steed release. Wasn't watching youtubers back then and was only using youtube for some musicvideos.

I bought the spectral steed on release and I remember the whole Daralan populated by them. Like 3 other people from my guild back then got it as well, rest either didn't care or disliked the looks of it. Hadn't seen anyone shaming or attacking people for it.

Please stop presenting Youtube videos as "community reaction". It's a reaction of that specific creator and his followers. Totalbiscuit was a great content creator but his early years aged pretty badly. Glad he changed his mind on many topics as time passed by.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    I know that you are only here to argue for the sake of arguing - not to discuss the actual matter, but if you had any technical knowledge you could look the token thing up yourself. The buy token page is there and running, just hidden and you can not make any purchases yet.

Here is an article about it: https://www.icy-veins.com/forums/top...d-not-enabled/
    YOu might actually want to read the post:

but some argue this is most likely just due to the fact that the Chinese version of Classic already has a WoW Token, so the equivalent page was made by default (or by mistake) for NA and EU as well.
    So, you really have no evidence at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Hauzhi View Post
    Many people against boosts, store mounts and similar stuff complain but then proceed to go out and spend money on useless crap on their daily lifes and no one is spiting on them.

Its just a generation of spoiled kids with no life.

I don't blame anyone for taking advantage of the boost if they can justify that ridiculous price to themselves. Totally their choice. The leveling experience is tedious as fuck. It helps new players I guess. You will know your abilities like second nature after you've killed 1000's of mobs leveling up. Anyone who has played for years doesn't need that kind of grind.

Anyhoo I'm not seeing this spitting / harassment thing on EU servers either. Atleast on Pyrewood EU. Is it mainly a U.S thing?

EDIT: Or maybe a PvP server thing. Yea I can imagine the idiots that play on those servers acting like dumb little jealous kids.
    Last edited by whywhatwhowhenhow; 2021-05-31 at 02:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    This is an ignorant generalization because many players who use the boost will be players who played back in the day. Good players do use boosts you know, right? It's also just as childish.
    Cry more. You can decide to boost for any reason, and I can decide not to play with boosters for any reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you cant handle /spit, then log off the internet

Quote Originally Posted by Zeanix View Post
    awww did you get your feelings hurt? are you sad that people don't validate your purchase?

Grow up kid.
    Coming from the people that are upset blizzard sold a mount, aaawh did the ceo hurt your feelings by trying to get more profit out of his product boehoe grow up kid.

Quote Originally Posted by Alatie View Post
    Coming from the people that are upset blizzard sold a mount, aaawh did the ceo hurt your feelings by trying to get more profit out of his product boehoe grow up kid.
    Licking billionaire corporate fatcat CEO boot

Very brave

Quote Originally Posted by Hauzhi View Post
    Actually it is. Whats the argument against store mounts and boosts? Care to explain how its not comparable to buying a bunch of useless crap, usually overpriced?
    The analogy is not the same for the simple reason that retail exists for this. People who decided to play classic vehemently despise these additions and practices. You can buy all the useless shit you want in so many other games. But when a game that was made for a demographic that despises these additions because they fundamentally alter the games premise it is different.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsarez View Post
    A whale? You mean more like a semi-millionaire? Do you have any clue how expensive it would be to buy mythic carry(s) until you're equipped, using gold bought through tokens? You might as well just straight out buy a full battle.net account with mythic gear if you have that much money to spare.

On classic tokens don't even exist, so you gotta grind for that gold.

- - - Updated - - -

Nobody is asking for any rights. Stop being so damn toxic.

The irony of saying that doesn't hurt you?
    Not sure how to tell you this- you dont need to be a millionaire to buy a mythic geared toon illegally. Nor anything close to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Delever View Post
    The analogy is not the same for the simple reason that retail exists for this. People who decided to play classic vehemently despise these additions and practices. You can buy all the useless shit you want in so many other games. But when a game that was made for a demographic that despises these additions because they fundamentally alter the games premise it is different.
    Why do people assume WoW was created with some motive other than to make money?

They sold. They absolutely didn’t have to. They had hundreds of millions in revenue and a rapidly growing base.

And from a design perspective, WoW was created with significantly lower barriers to player success than EQ. They wanted growth and that’s it.

Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    Why do people assume WoW was created with some motive other than to make money?

They sold. They absolutely didn’t have to. They had hundreds of millions in revenue and a rapidly growing base.

And from a design perspective, WoW was created with significantly lower barriers to player success than EQ. They wanted growth and that’s it.
    Everybody wants growth and profit. Nobody claims otherwise. But there are some practices that start to lean on the greedy side of things which also resonate terribly with players. Loitering past versions of the game with modern practices is one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    Nah,the issue is that people didn't harass those who bought store pets and store helmets enough back when it started.

This stuff should have been scoured from the start
    This. End thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    The simple reality is that boosted characters just plain suck, their gear is equivalent to that of a character in their 30's, barring trinkets.
    The boost gear is, looking at the fresh boosts around the hunter trainer in SW, closer to Uldaman gear than 30 gear. It's far from ideal for 58 but unless you're playing a squishy with no battlefield control or a tank spec, it'll do you fine enough to start questing in EPL and plugging into BRD groups. A few trips through BRD should get a fresh boost enough gear and practical experience that the only way people can tell you have a boost in your account is if you ride the warpstalker.

Mind, I don't have one nor have any plan to get one, so I'm just napkin mathing it based on the stats from inspecting and running on the assumption most or all of your abilities are ranked up to the max for 58.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Detritivores View Post
    This. End thread.
    People have been on this train since 2008, it hasn't worked in 13 years and trying the exact same thing for 13 years insinuates either obsessive tendencies or an inability to learn from experience.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    The boost gear is, looking at the fresh boosts around the hunter trainer in SW, closer to Uldaman gear than 30 gear.
    I'm not going to argue over every single piece, some pieces are plain worse than items from level 20 dungeons, others are a bit better.

Putting aside that "Uldaman" is as vague as you can get as this dungeon notoriously has one of the biggest levelgaps in the entire game.
    It's far from ideal for 58 but unless you're playing a squishy with no battlefield control or a tank spec, it'll do you fine enough to start questing in EPL and plugging into BRD groups. A few trips through BRD should get a fresh boost enough gear and practical experience that the only way people can tell you have a boost in your account is if you ride the warpstalker.
    Feel free to direct that reply to the person that wanted to join a strat group on a 58 boosted character.

People have been on this train since 2008, it hasn't worked in 13 years and trying the exact same thing for 13 years insinuates either obsessive tendencies or an inability to learn from experience.
    I should elaborate since I was just stealing the previous posters idea...

The point that I think they were making and that I agree with is that because this wasn't met with strong opposition from the beginning, we are all responsible that it has progressed this far.

I have a very clear memory when the helmets were released of sitting in vent (yes, I'm old) with my guildies and everyone agreeing to deliberately boycott those helmets, both the free one and the purchasable ones. We all felt it was the beginning of a bad thing for our favorite game. And we were not wrong. That is the sentiment I was affirming. Not that it's cool to be mean to people today, but that this is the end result of not revolting hard enough when this process started.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Detritivores View Post
    I should elaborate since I was just stealing the previous posters idea...

The point that I think they were making and that I agree with is that because this wasn't met with strong opposition from the beginning, we are all responsible that it has progressed this far.

I have a very clear memory when the helmets were released of sitting in vent (yes, I'm old) with my guildies and everyone agreeing to deliberately boycott those helmets, both the free one and the purchasable ones. We all felt it was the beginning of a bad thing for our favorite game. And we were not wrong. That is the sentiment I was affirming. Not that it's cool to be mean to people today, but that this is the end result of not revolting hard enough when this process started.
    My main takeaway here is vent is old and I'm going to go have a mild existential crisis now.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Low Hanging Fruit View Post
    Not sure man. It seems to be pretty effective. March on the white house thread we got going here because of it. You almost seem to want to make it a hate crime.
    Not a hate crime persay, but it is worth asking whether there is any purpose to this protest other than to push hatred further into the community. Given that Blizz isn't going to take away store mounts or make them accessible in game and that people really can't refund their mounts once it's done, it seems to me to be solely a harassment campaign to shame people into not using what they paid for and instead giving Blizz free money. I'd argue a better use of time would be to push Blizz in places like forums & Blizzcon rather than spending time harassing people who just want to have fun with what they bought.