Page 25 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeanix View Post
    awww did you get your feelings hurt? are you sad that people don't validate your purchase?

Grow up kid.
    Coming from the people that are upset blizzard sold a mount, aaawh did the ceo hurt your feelings by trying to get more profit out of his product boehoe grow up kid.

Quote Originally Posted by Alatie View Post
    Coming from the people that are upset blizzard sold a mount, aaawh did the ceo hurt your feelings by trying to get more profit out of his product boehoe grow up kid.
    Licking billionaire corporate fatcat CEO boot

Very brave

Quote Originally Posted by Hauzhi View Post
    Actually it is. Whats the argument against store mounts and boosts? Care to explain how its not comparable to buying a bunch of useless crap, usually overpriced?
    The analogy is not the same for the simple reason that retail exists for this. People who decided to play classic vehemently despise these additions and practices. You can buy all the useless shit you want in so many other games. But when a game that was made for a demographic that despises these additions because they fundamentally alter the games premise it is different.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsarez View Post
    A whale? You mean more like a semi-millionaire? Do you have any clue how expensive it would be to buy mythic carry(s) until you're equipped, using gold bought through tokens? You might as well just straight out buy a full battle.net account with mythic gear if you have that much money to spare.

On classic tokens don't even exist, so you gotta grind for that gold.

- - - Updated - - -

Nobody is asking for any rights. Stop being so damn toxic.

The irony of saying that doesn't hurt you?
    Not sure how to tell you this- you dont need to be a millionaire to buy a mythic geared toon illegally. Nor anything close to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Delever View Post
    The analogy is not the same for the simple reason that retail exists for this. People who decided to play classic vehemently despise these additions and practices. You can buy all the useless shit you want in so many other games. But when a game that was made for a demographic that despises these additions because they fundamentally alter the games premise it is different.
    Why do people assume WoW was created with some motive other than to make money?

They sold. They absolutely didn’t have to. They had hundreds of millions in revenue and a rapidly growing base.

And from a design perspective, WoW was created with significantly lower barriers to player success than EQ. They wanted growth and that’s it.

Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    Why do people assume WoW was created with some motive other than to make money?

They sold. They absolutely didn’t have to. They had hundreds of millions in revenue and a rapidly growing base.

And from a design perspective, WoW was created with significantly lower barriers to player success than EQ. They wanted growth and that’s it.
    Everybody wants growth and profit. Nobody claims otherwise. But there are some practices that start to lean on the greedy side of things which also resonate terribly with players. Loitering past versions of the game with modern practices is one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    Nah,the issue is that people didn't harass those who bought store pets and store helmets enough back when it started.

This stuff should have been scoured from the start
    This. End thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    The simple reality is that boosted characters just plain suck, their gear is equivalent to that of a character in their 30's, barring trinkets.
    The boost gear is, looking at the fresh boosts around the hunter trainer in SW, closer to Uldaman gear than 30 gear. It's far from ideal for 58 but unless you're playing a squishy with no battlefield control or a tank spec, it'll do you fine enough to start questing in EPL and plugging into BRD groups. A few trips through BRD should get a fresh boost enough gear and practical experience that the only way people can tell you have a boost in your account is if you ride the warpstalker.

Mind, I don't have one nor have any plan to get one, so I'm just napkin mathing it based on the stats from inspecting and running on the assumption most or all of your abilities are ranked up to the max for 58.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Detritivores View Post
    This. End thread.
    People have been on this train since 2008, it hasn't worked in 13 years and trying the exact same thing for 13 years insinuates either obsessive tendencies or an inability to learn from experience.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    The boost gear is, looking at the fresh boosts around the hunter trainer in SW, closer to Uldaman gear than 30 gear.
    I'm not going to argue over every single piece, some pieces are plain worse than items from level 20 dungeons, others are a bit better.

Putting aside that "Uldaman" is as vague as you can get as this dungeon notoriously has one of the biggest levelgaps in the entire game.
    It's far from ideal for 58 but unless you're playing a squishy with no battlefield control or a tank spec, it'll do you fine enough to start questing in EPL and plugging into BRD groups. A few trips through BRD should get a fresh boost enough gear and practical experience that the only way people can tell you have a boost in your account is if you ride the warpstalker.
    Feel free to direct that reply to the person that wanted to join a strat group on a 58 boosted character.

People have been on this train since 2008, it hasn't worked in 13 years and trying the exact same thing for 13 years insinuates either obsessive tendencies or an inability to learn from experience.
    I should elaborate since I was just stealing the previous posters idea...

The point that I think they were making and that I agree with is that because this wasn't met with strong opposition from the beginning, we are all responsible that it has progressed this far.

I have a very clear memory when the helmets were released of sitting in vent (yes, I'm old) with my guildies and everyone agreeing to deliberately boycott those helmets, both the free one and the purchasable ones. We all felt it was the beginning of a bad thing for our favorite game. And we were not wrong. That is the sentiment I was affirming. Not that it's cool to be mean to people today, but that this is the end result of not revolting hard enough when this process started.

Quote Originally Posted by Detritivores View Post
    I should elaborate since I was just stealing the previous posters idea...

The point that I think they were making and that I agree with is that because this wasn't met with strong opposition from the beginning, we are all responsible that it has progressed this far.

I have a very clear memory when the helmets were released of sitting in vent (yes, I'm old) with my guildies and everyone agreeing to deliberately boycott those helmets, both the free one and the purchasable ones. We all felt it was the beginning of a bad thing for our favorite game. And we were not wrong. That is the sentiment I was affirming. Not that it's cool to be mean to people today, but that this is the end result of not revolting hard enough when this process started.
    My main takeaway here is vent is old and I'm going to go have a mild existential crisis now.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by Low Hanging Fruit View Post
    Not sure man. It seems to be pretty effective. March on the white house thread we got going here because of it. You almost seem to want to make it a hate crime.
    Not a hate crime persay, but it is worth asking whether there is any purpose to this protest other than to push hatred further into the community. Given that Blizz isn't going to take away store mounts or make them accessible in game and that people really can't refund their mounts once it's done, it seems to me to be solely a harassment campaign to shame people into not using what they paid for and instead giving Blizz free money. I'd argue a better use of time would be to push Blizz in places like forums & Blizzcon rather than spending time harassing people who just want to have fun with what they bought.

Quote Originally Posted by Rageadon View Post
    If you cant handle /spit, then log off the internet
    If you can't handle mobbing, leave your job
    If you can't handle bullying, quit your school
    If you can't handle sexual harassment, don't leave your house

oh wait...
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

Quote Originally Posted by wizzerdz View Post
    The reasoning behind the harassment is fucking pathetic. I've devised a quick FAQ to help those frustrated with the boosts.
    What if I just think you're a scumbag due to nothing of the below and want you make you feel miserable for paying for a mount and I don't think you should have nice things in my videogame?

My main takeaway here is vent is old and I'm going to go have a mild existential crisis now.
    I still own our vent server. Sometimes I log in just to hear ye olde ptt noise while i'm in this fucking discord nightmare.

Edit: Up until this xpac we used to make people download vent 3.0 (not even the current version) to raid with us.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post

oh wait...
    Oh yes, let's equate behavior that causes depression and might lead people to suicide to some random stranger on the Internet typing /spit while having your character selected.
    A modicum of thick skin is required to survive within society, but calling /spit "harassment" is downplaying actual harassment that seriously harms the mental health of people.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Oh yes, let's equate behavior that causes depression and might lead people to suicide to some random stranger on the Internet typing /spit while having your character selected.
    A modicum of thick skin is required to survive within society, but calling /spit "harassment" is downplaying actual harassment that seriously harms the mental health of people.
    People have literally killed themselves because of bullying on the internet... but I guess anything to justify bullying right?

I await your response which I'm sure will only prove my point.

High Overlord
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2 View Post
    It objectively is not P2W.
    The top 0.0001% of the game use it to get a headstart, but that's all. And all the world-first racers do it.
    And even for normal players, the best it gets you is a slightly easier entry into normal raiding.

That doesn't buy you a win. It buys you time.
    If you "lose" to someone because they spent real money to get shitty AH gear you're just a bad player.
    No, i seem to remember when Complexity-Limit hit the BoE threshold, Stone Legion Generals just stopped fighting and let them win. /s

Quote Originally Posted by phattsao View Post
    Cry more. You can decide to boost for any reason, and I can decide not to play with boosters for any reason.
    IN your effort to lord superiority, you missed the point I was making. You ignorantly claimed that everyone who boosts is a bad player. Well, the majority of people boosting here likely played back in the day and are very good players. So, you are walling yourself off from a good number of good players because of the need to be a special snowflake. I can call that childish for any reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post

oh wait...
    None of those are remotely comparable.