Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zypherz View Post
    If you invest time into getting better at arena you will get gladiator, it's almost inevitable. It would also most likely take the average person less time /played to get glad than it would to get 60. You are paying to skip the time you would have spent grinding; it is not different than paying for a leveling boost.
    youre very ignorant about pvp and arena here. comparing leveling to getting glad is such a wrong comparison, i dont even know how to respond to that.

And yes, that's what I meant. Raiding in vanilla WoW is, for the most part again, a time commitment. Being able to purchase objects that boost your gear up to the minimum required level for a raid is, in my eyes, no different from buying a leveling boost.
    i would agree with you, if we werent at the end of classic. if they offered the boost 1 year ago, i would be very much against it as well.

I don't see where anyone that defends boosts can draw a line, leveling is an integral part of the game and paying to boost is is the same as paying for gear. Gear is a bi-product of tedious weekly grinds, it does not necessarily require more effort than leveling does, nor does it grant you more power than what leveling does.
    again, i dont know how you can hold the game you are defending in so low regard, that you must compare the difficulty of leveling to the difficulty of doing its endgame content.

leveling IS and integral part of the game, but only for "relevant" content. right now, the vanilla leveling content is not "relevant" for me. been there, done that. 15 years ago and 2 years ago. thats where i draw the line.

man i REALLY hope they get a full blown shop in game, mounts, pets, tokens, boosts. all of it. just to see little babies cry about it.

Quote Originally Posted by wizzerdz View Post
    If you think that someone is a scumbag for buying the deluxe edition, then I hate to break it to you but you're projecting. You're the scumbag who's angry at others for buying the edition and you justify your opinion by /spitting on people.

I swear the delusional thought process of some is baffling. You can truly see the nature of the beast in moments like these, much like with the pandemic. Individuals with low emotional intelligence will always resort to personal attacks and harassment because they can't properly express or understand their emotions.
    No, you're projecting and this is your thought process, because I haven't told you mine. You have no idea about my agenda other than I want you out of the game that I paid for.

Why should I explain my emotions or how I feel to you, when I can just /spit on you ingame and clarify my position concisely.

It's not the lack of empathy or sympathy, I just don't like you and I don't have to act like I do.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Oh yes, let's equate behavior that causes depression and might lead people to suicide to some random stranger on the Internet typing /spit while having your character selected.
    A modicum of thick skin is required to survive within society, but calling /spit "harassment" is downplaying actual harassment that seriously harms the mental health of people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    None of those are remotely comparable.
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    Calm your tits there mate, it's a video game.

Are you going to equate PvP in WoW to murder in real life next?
    The only one who can judge what level of toxicity some person considers to be harrasment and what to what extent they must be insulted to actually feel bad is that specific person themselves.

Not any of you three, nor any influencer on youtube, nor anyone else on this forum.

The funniest part about this: claiming that using /spit on people isn't harassment is mutually exclusive with believing that this is a good way of showing your disapproval for the people who have the mount. The original reason why some sad individuals are harassing others like that in the first place...is because they believe harassing others for any reason is justified and is supposed to combat something.

So which is it: /spit isn't harassment, or /spit is harassment and it's a good way to combat store mounts?
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

Quote Originally Posted by WaltherLeopold View Post
    No, you're projecting and this is your thought process, because I haven't told you mine. You have no idea about my agenda other than I want you out of the game that I paid for.

Why should I explain my emotions or how I feel to you, when I can just /spit on you ingame and clarify my position concisely.

It's not the lack of empathy or sympathy, I just don't like you and I don't have to act like I do.
    Well, all I can say is that you have the emotional intelligence of a child to not have a modest sum of decorum about you. If you vehemently believe that you're entitled to show you don't like people in that way, go out and start spitting on people and see where that lands you. You probably also think that the vaccine is an implant for 5G technology, but that's a whole other can of worms!

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    The only one who can judge what level of toxicity some person considers to be harrasment and what to what extent they must be insulted to actually feel bad is that specific person themselves.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nemo_iudex_in_causa_sua

But hey, at least you've exposed yourself as a person whose views violate a fundamental principle of most western justice systems, good to know where people like you stand.
    The funniest part about this: claiming that using /spit on people isn't harassment is mutually exclusive with believing that this is a good way of showing your disapproval for the people who have the mount. The original reason why some sad individuals are harassing others like that in the first place...is because they believe harassing others for any reason is justified and is supposed to combat something.
    I never claimed it's a good way, i'm saying that if you have a problem with "being the victim" of /spit for whatever reasons, you need to grow up and learn to deal with way other people react towards your actions.

These two things are very different.

Not any of you three, nor any influencer on youtube, nor anyone else on this forum.

So which is it: /spit isn't harassment, or /spit is harassment and it's a good way to combat store mounts?
    Actually the fact that we are universally heading in a direction where an individual can have the decisive power to impose upon an entire population to comply with their skewed perception of what is and what isnt harassment is insanely fucked up. So if I consider open world pvp harassment then I can actively report people for killing me on a pvp server?

Well, all I can say is that you have the emotional intelligence of a child to not have a modest sum of decorum about you. If you vehemently believe that you're entitled to show you don't like people in that way, go out and start spitting on people and see where that lands you. You probably also think that the vaccine is an implant for 5G technology, but that's a whole other can of worms!
    Do you also go out everyday in real life and start killing people for honor points? I bloody hope not. Stop equating a video game with real life.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nemo_iudex_in_causa_sua

But hey, at least you've exposed yourself as a person whose views violate a fundamental principle of most western justice systems, good to know where people like you stand.

I never claimed it's a good way, i'm saying that if you have a problem with "being the victim" of /spit for whatever reasons, you need to grow up and learn to deal with way other people react towards your actions.

These two things are very different.
    I don't think you understand what "being a judge in your own case" even is.

/spitting is clearly intended as a form of harassment by the people who are doing it. If it wasn't, they wouldn't be doing it, because their goal is to make someone feel bad for making the purchase. You arguing against that makes completely no sense in this context.

Quote Originally Posted by Delever View Post
    Actually the fact that we are universally heading in a direction where an individual can have the decisive power to impose upon an entire population to comply with their skewed perception of what is and what isnt harassment is insanely fucked up. So if I consider open world pvp harassment then I can actively report people for killing me on a pvp server?
    Pvp is a fully opt-in system in WoW and a feature of a game. Using emotes in an unintended way to insult or harass someone is not. Reading this kind of bullshit gives it away that you're the maga-incel-type gaaamer that the civilized world is trying so hard to get rid of. Of course the person victimized will be the one deciding if they were hurt. Who else do you think should that be? You?
    Last edited by Azerate; 2021-05-31 at 05:55 PM.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

Your strawman is lit.

For the record, i'm not spitting on anyone, i'm spitting on virtual characters in a videogame. You really ought to detach yourself from your online persona.

I think this is hilarious, I love this snowflake world we live in. How an emote in a game that's existed for 17 years can trigger people so much is just.......I love it.

People need to get out more, it's as if they themselves in real life are being spit on. You kids need to learn to detatch yourself from your characters in game. Let me ask you, when someone kills you in pvp do you call 911 to report a murder?

I don't think you understand what "being a judge in your own case" even is.

/spitting is clearly intended as a form of harassment by the people who are doing it. If it wasn't, they wouldn't be doing it, because their goal is to make someone feel bad for making the purchase. You arguing against that makes completely no sense in this context.

Pvp is a fully opt-in system in WoW and a feature of a game. Using emotes in an unintended way to insult or harass someone is not. Reading this kind of bullshit gives it away that you're the maga-incel-type gaaamer that the civilized world is trying so hard to get rid of. Of course the person victimized will be the one deciding if they were hurt. Who else do you think should that be? You?
    Enlighten me on what the intended way is? Because to me it seems like a person repeatedly killing you in a bg and spamming /spit while teabagging you sounds like it could piss off a lot more people than a random /spit while someone walks by you (provided it is not followed by /ws cursing or belittling you because that is indeed actual harassment).

Your strawman is lit.

For the record, i'm not spitting on anyone, i'm spitting on virtual characters in a videogame. You really ought to detach yourself from your online persona.
    If you don't believe you are making people feel at least uneasy, then why are you doing it in the first place? To make them happy? It's either one or another man.

Full hypocrisy on display. Either be a full time asshole and admit that you're trying to bully people for whatever reason, or don't talk BS.

Quote Originally Posted by Delever View Post
    Enlighten me on what the intended way is? Because to me it seems like a person repeatedly killing you in a bg and spamming /spit while teabagging you sounds like it could piss off a lot more people than a random /spit while someone walks by you (provided it is not followed by /ws cursing or belittling you because that is indeed actual harassment).
    I was actually thinking about this myself, and whether this emote should even be in the game at all, and I think there are certain RP-related and consensual contexts that it could work. But seeing the community in wow is so toxic maybe it would be better to remove any such emotes.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

If you don't believe you are making people feel at least uneasy, then why are you doing it in the first place? To make them happy? It's either one or another man.

Full hypocrisy on display. Either be a full time asshole and admit that you're trying to bully people for whatever reason, or don't talk BS.
    It's not hypocrisy, i've outright said I don't want you playing my videogame. Making people feel bad or uneasy isn't a sign of emotional immaturity or believing in conspiracy theories lol.

Should add, i'm not making anyone feel anyhow, taking offense to being spat on in a videogame is a choice.
    Last edited by WaltherLeopold; 2021-05-31 at 06:02 PM.

I was actually thinking about this myself, and whether this emote should even be in the game at all, and I think there are certain RP-related and consensual contexts that it could work. But seeing the community in wow is so toxic maybe it would be better to remove any such emotes.
    Or you know... maybe think about how the world has evolved from casually laughing this off 17 years back to now being triggered by a /spit.

Your strawman is lit.

I don't attach myself to an online persona, I know you're not spitting on anyone IRL, but some can debate that doing something of the sort online can be just as bad. That's why the term cyber-bullying was coined.

the best thing we can do about this, is buy MORE micro transaction when they come. so we get more, and more, and more. keep these cry babies in their basements lmfao

I went through this exact same thing when MoP launched and I made a Blood Elf Monk. I was even kicked from most groups I joined for dungeons.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

It's not hypocrisy, i've outright said I don't want you playing my videogame. Making people feel bad or uneasy isn't a sign of emotional immaturity.
    Is never ok to ask your audience to harass other people.
    You know why?
    There is bound to be a maniac or a stupid person on your followers who will decide to go the extra mile.

Example:
    If Asmongold tells his entire followerbase to spam someone with dog images in social media because he/she is a bitch (female dog)

Is only a matter of time until disaster happens because someone decided to do something "extra"

Never...ever...ever...ever...tell other people to harass someone (-_-) common sense

Quote Originally Posted by OokOok View Post
    I think this is hilarious, I love this snowflake world we live in. How an emote in a game that's existed for 17 years can trigger people so much is just.......I love it.

People need to get out more, it's as if they themselves in real life are being spit on. You kids need to learn to detatch yourself from your characters in game. Let me ask you, when someone kills you in pvp do you call 911 to report a murder?
    It's almost as funny as the people who think they're fighting the power, teaching blizzard or these players some kind of lesson. The idea that this is something worth protesting against is funny, but that people are paying blizzard while they protest people paying more is hilarious.