Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ...
18
26
27
28
29
30
LastLast
  1. #541
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    Thats a lot of text to justify bullying, even adding in an attack at the victims at the end to complete the bullying.
    Imagine having to explain to a psychologist how you got traumatized by people (that you can block) using an emote on you in a video game. Humanity has been progressing in interesting ways.

  2. #542
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    If you can't handle mobbing, leave your job
    If you can't handle bullying, quit your school
    If you can't handle sexual harassment, don't leave your house

    oh wait...
    Calm your tits there mate, it's a video game.

    Are you going to equate PvP in WoW to murder in real life next?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Delever View Post
    Imagine having to explain to a psychologist how you got traumatized by people (that you can block) using an emote on you in a video game. Humanity has been progressing in interesting ways.
    We've had people in this thread equate it to bullying, mobbing, murder, humiliation, and even bloody rape. Believe it or not

    "She was asking for it the way she was dressed"
    That right there is what you are doing the equivalent of.
    "They knew people hated the mount, so its their fault people are harassing them over it"
    Instead of blaming the victim for "Being a target" why not idk... punish the actual person doing the bad thing?
    also how the fuck does it look out of place, its LITERALLY a model from TBC.

  3. #543
    Quote Originally Posted by TrollHunter3000 View Post
    This is literally a thread about TBC so why the fuck would I not be talking about TBC. It's factually the top 1% right now in classic TBC, again, the subject of this thread. Pretty sure it's also always been 1% with top .1% being rank 1 titles since they removed battlegroups.

    Regardless, 2400 rating in arena is still no where close to the 50% mark. The average player does not make it to 2400 and will not make it. Saying if they put enough time into it they will make it would mean they are not an "average" player.

    You fundamentally do not understand what the word "average" means.
    The 'average' player doesn't even reach level cap in the first place, so how is that relevant? I'm saying that the nearly anyone is capable of it with time, in the same way that if you decided to go running every other day you would naturally get better at it without much of a thought.

    I also thought that in my previous posts I've made it pretty clear that I was talking about TBC and retail in parallel since I also quoted KSM and CE, but I guess not.
    Last edited by Zypherz; 2021-05-31 at 05:24 PM.

  4. #544
    Quote Originally Posted by Zypherz View Post
    I didn't reference R1, world first or MDI; I said gladiator. There's a big difference.

    CE, gladiator and KSM is a time commitment and nothing more, you do not need to be some sort of prodigy to reach these levels and nearly anyone can do it in a reasonable time frame. The point that i'm trying to make is that most content, regardless of if it's at max level or not, boils down to time commitment.

    Frankly, I'm surprised more people haven't asked for gear boosts. After all, having gear doesn't mean you can clear the content right? Why do you care if someone else has BIS gear, how does it affect you (/s)? Gear is an inevitability in the same way that max level is if you just play the game. The big difference being that having 60 levels on a player has much more impact than having a few item levels does.

    I also disagree that many people will spend more time at max level than leveling on vanilla versions of the game, don't the majority of players not even hit level cap?

    I just don't see the difference between an item level boost and a leveling boost. I don't see it at all.
    It took a few months at most for casual people to hit 60. It will take more than a few months to compete for the top 0.5% for glad (LK) - or whatever competitive segment you’re interested in, and you’ll be competing against people who’ve invested thousands of hours pvping to get there.

    I think what you’re missing is that it’s actively against Blizzard’s interests to sell max level gear. It leaves you less inclined to play, and disrupts the economy. If you’ve never bothered to run a GDKP, it’s actually pretty chill and a great way to earn gold.

    People seem to be eager to assume Blizzard is full of idiots, despite the fact they’ve kept a 15+ year old MMORPG insanely popular. I don’t agree with a lot of the shit that’s been done, but I feel safe assuming they have the data to validate the impact of the cash shop. A great example is the number of people in these threads that were making the same claims in WotLK about the shop killing WoW, but here they are, still playing.

  5. #545
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    Thats a lot of text to justify bullying, even adding in an attack at the victims at the end to complete the bullying.
    There is a difference between getting bullied and just being thinskinned.

    Seriously, try that in real life, call the police whenever someone even slightly offends you and watch the reaction from the police and even surrounding people.
    There's even an emote in WoW that will convey their reactions: /faceplam

  6. #546
    Quote Originally Posted by Zypherz View Post
    If you invest time into getting better at arena you will get gladiator, it's almost inevitable. It would also most likely take the average person less time /played to get glad than it would to get 60. You are paying to skip the time you would have spent grinding; it is not different than paying for a leveling boost.
    youre very ignorant about pvp and arena here. comparing leveling to getting glad is such a wrong comparison, i dont even know how to respond to that.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zypherz View Post
    And yes, that's what I meant. Raiding in vanilla WoW is, for the most part again, a time commitment. Being able to purchase objects that boost your gear up to the minimum required level for a raid is, in my eyes, no different from buying a leveling boost.
    i would agree with you, if we werent at the end of classic. if they offered the boost 1 year ago, i would be very much against it as well.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zypherz View Post
    I don't see where anyone that defends boosts can draw a line, leveling is an integral part of the game and paying to boost is is the same as paying for gear. Gear is a bi-product of tedious weekly grinds, it does not necessarily require more effort than leveling does, nor does it grant you more power than what leveling does.
    again, i dont know how you can hold the game you are defending in so low regard, that you must compare the difficulty of leveling to the difficulty of doing its endgame content.

    leveling IS and integral part of the game, but only for "relevant" content. right now, the vanilla leveling content is not "relevant" for me. been there, done that. 15 years ago and 2 years ago. thats where i draw the line.

  7. #547
    Herald of the Titans The Oblivion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,858
    man i REALLY hope they get a full blown shop in game, mounts, pets, tokens, boosts. all of it. just to see little babies cry about it.

  8. #548
    Quote Originally Posted by Delever View Post
    The analogy is not the same for the simple reason that retail exists for this. People who decided to play classic vehemently despise these additions and practices. You can buy all the useless shit you want in so many other games. But when a game that was made for a demographic that despises these additions because they fundamentally alter the games premise it is different.
    Ok purists. Lets all play classic with 4:3 monitors, minimum settings and 15 fps.

    By the way, I didnt saw vanilla talents in classic. Just the last patch of the game, wich was at the time, a major change comparing to the most time classic existance.

    Also these purists have to disable weak auras and all that jazz... Remove wowhead etc etc

    So much bs...

    I didnt even played classic, neither going into tbc. Been there, done that.
    Just giving my opinion.

  9. #549
    Quote Originally Posted by wizzerdz View Post
    If you think that someone is a scumbag for buying the deluxe edition, then I hate to break it to you but you're projecting. You're the scumbag who's angry at others for buying the edition and you justify your opinion by /spitting on people.

    I swear the delusional thought process of some is baffling. You can truly see the nature of the beast in moments like these, much like with the pandemic. Individuals with low emotional intelligence will always resort to personal attacks and harassment because they can't properly express or understand their emotions.
    No, you're projecting and this is your thought process, because I haven't told you mine. You have no idea about my agenda other than I want you out of the game that I paid for.

    Why should I explain my emotions or how I feel to you, when I can just /spit on you ingame and clarify my position concisely.

    It's not the lack of empathy or sympathy, I just don't like you and I don't have to act like I do.

  10. #550
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Oh yes, let's equate behavior that causes depression and might lead people to suicide to some random stranger on the Internet typing /spit while having your character selected.
    A modicum of thick skin is required to survive within society, but calling /spit "harassment" is downplaying actual harassment that seriously harms the mental health of people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    None of those are remotely comparable.
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    Calm your tits there mate, it's a video game.

    Are you going to equate PvP in WoW to murder in real life next?
    The only one who can judge what level of toxicity some person considers to be harrasment and what to what extent they must be insulted to actually feel bad is that specific person themselves.

    Not any of you three, nor any influencer on youtube, nor anyone else on this forum.

    The funniest part about this: claiming that using /spit on people isn't harassment is mutually exclusive with believing that this is a good way of showing your disapproval for the people who have the mount. The original reason why some sad individuals are harassing others like that in the first place...is because they believe harassing others for any reason is justified and is supposed to combat something.

    So which is it: /spit isn't harassment, or /spit is harassment and it's a good way to combat store mounts?
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

    Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

  11. #551
    Quote Originally Posted by WaltherLeopold View Post
    No, you're projecting and this is your thought process, because I haven't told you mine. You have no idea about my agenda other than I want you out of the game that I paid for.

    Why should I explain my emotions or how I feel to you, when I can just /spit on you ingame and clarify my position concisely.

    It's not the lack of empathy or sympathy, I just don't like you and I don't have to act like I do.
    Well, all I can say is that you have the emotional intelligence of a child to not have a modest sum of decorum about you. If you vehemently believe that you're entitled to show you don't like people in that way, go out and start spitting on people and see where that lands you. You probably also think that the vaccine is an implant for 5G technology, but that's a whole other can of worms!

  12. #552
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    The only one who can judge what level of toxicity some person considers to be harrasment and what to what extent they must be insulted to actually feel bad is that specific person themselves.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nemo_iudex_in_causa_sua

    But hey, at least you've exposed yourself as a person whose views violate a fundamental principle of most western justice systems, good to know where people like you stand.
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    The funniest part about this: claiming that using /spit on people isn't harassment is mutually exclusive with believing that this is a good way of showing your disapproval for the people who have the mount. The original reason why some sad individuals are harassing others like that in the first place...is because they believe harassing others for any reason is justified and is supposed to combat something.
    I never claimed it's a good way, i'm saying that if you have a problem with "being the victim" of /spit for whatever reasons, you need to grow up and learn to deal with way other people react towards your actions.

    These two things are very different.

  13. #553
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    The only one who can judge what level of toxicity some person considers to be harrasment and what to what extent they must be insulted to actually feel bad is that specific person themselves.

    Not any of you three, nor any influencer on youtube, nor anyone else on this forum.

    The funniest part about this: claiming that using /spit on people isn't harassment is mutually exclusive with believing that this is a good way of showing your disapproval for the people who have the mount. The original reason why some sad individuals are harassing others like that in the first place...is because they believe harassing others for any reason is justified and is supposed to combat something.

    So which is it: /spit isn't harassment, or /spit is harassment and it's a good way to combat store mounts?
    Actually the fact that we are universally heading in a direction where an individual can have the decisive power to impose upon an entire population to comply with their skewed perception of what is and what isnt harassment is insanely fucked up. So if I consider open world pvp harassment then I can actively report people for killing me on a pvp server?

  14. #554
    Quote Originally Posted by wizzerdz View Post
    Well, all I can say is that you have the emotional intelligence of a child to not have a modest sum of decorum about you. If you vehemently believe that you're entitled to show you don't like people in that way, go out and start spitting on people and see where that lands you. You probably also think that the vaccine is an implant for 5G technology, but that's a whole other can of worms!
    Do you also go out everyday in real life and start killing people for honor points? I bloody hope not. Stop equating a video game with real life.

  15. #555
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nemo_iudex_in_causa_sua

    But hey, at least you've exposed yourself as a person whose views violate a fundamental principle of most western justice systems, good to know where people like you stand.

    I never claimed it's a good way, i'm saying that if you have a problem with "being the victim" of /spit for whatever reasons, you need to grow up and learn to deal with way other people react towards your actions.

    These two things are very different.
    I don't think you understand what "being a judge in your own case" even is.

    /spitting is clearly intended as a form of harassment by the people who are doing it. If it wasn't, they wouldn't be doing it, because their goal is to make someone feel bad for making the purchase. You arguing against that makes completely no sense in this context.

    Quote Originally Posted by Delever View Post
    Actually the fact that we are universally heading in a direction where an individual can have the decisive power to impose upon an entire population to comply with their skewed perception of what is and what isnt harassment is insanely fucked up. So if I consider open world pvp harassment then I can actively report people for killing me on a pvp server?
    Pvp is a fully opt-in system in WoW and a feature of a game. Using emotes in an unintended way to insult or harass someone is not. Reading this kind of bullshit gives it away that you're the maga-incel-type gaaamer that the civilized world is trying so hard to get rid of. Of course the person victimized will be the one deciding if they were hurt. Who else do you think should that be? You?
    Last edited by Azerate; 2021-05-31 at 05:55 PM.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

    Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

  16. #556
    Quote Originally Posted by wizzerdz View Post
    Well, all I can say is that you have the emotional intelligence of a child to not have a modest sum of decorum about you. If you vehemently believe that you're entitled to show you don't like people in that way, go out and start spitting on people and see where that lands you. You probably also think that the vaccine is an implant for 5G technology, but that's a whole other can of worms!
    Your strawman is lit.

    For the record, i'm not spitting on anyone, i'm spitting on virtual characters in a videogame. You really ought to detach yourself from your online persona.

  17. #557
    I think this is hilarious, I love this snowflake world we live in. How an emote in a game that's existed for 17 years can trigger people so much is just.......I love it.

    People need to get out more, it's as if they themselves in real life are being spit on. You kids need to learn to detatch yourself from your characters in game. Let me ask you, when someone kills you in pvp do you call 911 to report a murder?

  18. #558
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    I don't think you understand what "being a judge in your own case" even is.

    /spitting is clearly intended as a form of harassment by the people who are doing it. If it wasn't, they wouldn't be doing it, because their goal is to make someone feel bad for making the purchase. You arguing against that makes completely no sense in this context.



    Pvp is a fully opt-in system in WoW and a feature of a game. Using emotes in an unintended way to insult or harass someone is not. Reading this kind of bullshit gives it away that you're the maga-incel-type gaaamer that the civilized world is trying so hard to get rid of. Of course the person victimized will be the one deciding if they were hurt. Who else do you think should that be? You?
    Enlighten me on what the intended way is? Because to me it seems like a person repeatedly killing you in a bg and spamming /spit while teabagging you sounds like it could piss off a lot more people than a random /spit while someone walks by you (provided it is not followed by /ws cursing or belittling you because that is indeed actual harassment).

  19. #559
    Quote Originally Posted by WaltherLeopold View Post
    Your strawman is lit.

    For the record, i'm not spitting on anyone, i'm spitting on virtual characters in a videogame. You really ought to detach yourself from your online persona.
    If you don't believe you are making people feel at least uneasy, then why are you doing it in the first place? To make them happy? It's either one or another man.

    Full hypocrisy on display. Either be a full time asshole and admit that you're trying to bully people for whatever reason, or don't talk BS.

    Quote Originally Posted by Delever View Post
    Enlighten me on what the intended way is? Because to me it seems like a person repeatedly killing you in a bg and spamming /spit while teabagging you sounds like it could piss off a lot more people than a random /spit while someone walks by you (provided it is not followed by /ws cursing or belittling you because that is indeed actual harassment).
    I was actually thinking about this myself, and whether this emote should even be in the game at all, and I think there are certain RP-related and consensual contexts that it could work. But seeing the community in wow is so toxic maybe it would be better to remove any such emotes.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

    Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

  20. #560
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    If you don't believe you are making people feel at least uneasy, then why are you doing it in the first place? To make them happy? It's either one or another man.

    Full hypocrisy on display. Either be a full time asshole and admit that you're trying to bully people for whatever reason, or don't talk BS.
    It's not hypocrisy, i've outright said I don't want you playing my videogame. Making people feel bad or uneasy isn't a sign of emotional immaturity or believing in conspiracy theories lol.

    Should add, i'm not making anyone feel anyhow, taking offense to being spat on in a videogame is a choice.
    Last edited by WaltherLeopold; 2021-05-31 at 06:02 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •