Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ...
18
26
27
28
29
30
LastLast
  1. #541
    Quote Originally Posted by wizzerdz View Post
    Well, all I can say is that you have the emotional intelligence of a child to not have a modest sum of decorum about you. If you vehemently believe that you're entitled to show you don't like people in that way, go out and start spitting on people and see where that lands you. You probably also think that the vaccine is an implant for 5G technology, but that's a whole other can of worms!
    Do you also go out everyday in real life and start killing people for honor points? I bloody hope not. Stop equating a video game with real life.

  2. #542
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nemo_iudex_in_causa_sua

    But hey, at least you've exposed yourself as a person whose views violate a fundamental principle of most western justice systems, good to know where people like you stand.

    I never claimed it's a good way, i'm saying that if you have a problem with "being the victim" of /spit for whatever reasons, you need to grow up and learn to deal with way other people react towards your actions.

    These two things are very different.
    I don't think you understand what "being a judge in your own case" even is.

    /spitting is clearly intended as a form of harassment by the people who are doing it. If it wasn't, they wouldn't be doing it, because their goal is to make someone feel bad for making the purchase. You arguing against that makes completely no sense in this context.

    Quote Originally Posted by Delever View Post
    Actually the fact that we are universally heading in a direction where an individual can have the decisive power to impose upon an entire population to comply with their skewed perception of what is and what isnt harassment is insanely fucked up. So if I consider open world pvp harassment then I can actively report people for killing me on a pvp server?
    Pvp is a fully opt-in system in WoW and a feature of a game. Using emotes in an unintended way to insult or harass someone is not. Reading this kind of bullshit gives it away that you're the maga-incel-type gaaamer that the civilized world is trying so hard to get rid of. Of course the person victimized will be the one deciding if they were hurt. Who else do you think should that be? You?
    Last edited by Azerate; 2021-05-31 at 05:55 PM.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

    Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

  3. #543
    Quote Originally Posted by wizzerdz View Post
    Well, all I can say is that you have the emotional intelligence of a child to not have a modest sum of decorum about you. If you vehemently believe that you're entitled to show you don't like people in that way, go out and start spitting on people and see where that lands you. You probably also think that the vaccine is an implant for 5G technology, but that's a whole other can of worms!
    Your strawman is lit.

    For the record, i'm not spitting on anyone, i'm spitting on virtual characters in a videogame. You really ought to detach yourself from your online persona.

  4. #544
    I think this is hilarious, I love this snowflake world we live in. How an emote in a game that's existed for 17 years can trigger people so much is just.......I love it.

    People need to get out more, it's as if they themselves in real life are being spit on. You kids need to learn to detatch yourself from your characters in game. Let me ask you, when someone kills you in pvp do you call 911 to report a murder?

  5. #545
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    I don't think you understand what "being a judge in your own case" even is.

    /spitting is clearly intended as a form of harassment by the people who are doing it. If it wasn't, they wouldn't be doing it, because their goal is to make someone feel bad for making the purchase. You arguing against that makes completely no sense in this context.



    Pvp is a fully opt-in system in WoW and a feature of a game. Using emotes in an unintended way to insult or harass someone is not. Reading this kind of bullshit gives it away that you're the maga-incel-type gaaamer that the civilized world is trying so hard to get rid of. Of course the person victimized will be the one deciding if they were hurt. Who else do you think should that be? You?
    Enlighten me on what the intended way is? Because to me it seems like a person repeatedly killing you in a bg and spamming /spit while teabagging you sounds like it could piss off a lot more people than a random /spit while someone walks by you (provided it is not followed by /ws cursing or belittling you because that is indeed actual harassment).

  6. #546
    Quote Originally Posted by WaltherLeopold View Post
    Your strawman is lit.

    For the record, i'm not spitting on anyone, i'm spitting on virtual characters in a videogame. You really ought to detach yourself from your online persona.
    If you don't believe you are making people feel at least uneasy, then why are you doing it in the first place? To make them happy? It's either one or another man.

    Full hypocrisy on display. Either be a full time asshole and admit that you're trying to bully people for whatever reason, or don't talk BS.

    Quote Originally Posted by Delever View Post
    Enlighten me on what the intended way is? Because to me it seems like a person repeatedly killing you in a bg and spamming /spit while teabagging you sounds like it could piss off a lot more people than a random /spit while someone walks by you (provided it is not followed by /ws cursing or belittling you because that is indeed actual harassment).
    I was actually thinking about this myself, and whether this emote should even be in the game at all, and I think there are certain RP-related and consensual contexts that it could work. But seeing the community in wow is so toxic maybe it would be better to remove any such emotes.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

    Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

  7. #547
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    If you don't believe you are making people feel at least uneasy, then why are you doing it in the first place? To make them happy? It's either one or another man.

    Full hypocrisy on display. Either be a full time asshole and admit that you're trying to bully people for whatever reason, or don't talk BS.
    It's not hypocrisy, i've outright said I don't want you playing my videogame. Making people feel bad or uneasy isn't a sign of emotional immaturity or believing in conspiracy theories lol.

    Should add, i'm not making anyone feel anyhow, taking offense to being spat on in a videogame is a choice.
    Last edited by WaltherLeopold; 2021-05-31 at 06:02 PM.

  8. #548
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    If you don't believe you are making people feel at least uneasy, then why are you doing it in the first place? To make them happy? It's either one or another man.

    Full hypocrisy on display. Either be a full time asshole and admit that you're trying to bully people for whatever reason, or don't talk BS.



    I was actually thinking about this myself, and whether this emote should even be in the game at all, and I think there are certain RP-related and consensual contexts that it could work. But seeing the community in wow is so toxic maybe it would be better to remove any such emotes.
    Or you know... maybe think about how the world has evolved from casually laughing this off 17 years back to now being triggered by a /spit.

  9. #549
    Quote Originally Posted by WaltherLeopold View Post
    Your strawman is lit.

    For the record, i'm not spitting on anyone, i'm spitting on virtual characters in a videogame. You really ought to detach yourself from your online persona.
    I don't attach myself to an online persona, I know you're not spitting on anyone IRL, but some can debate that doing something of the sort online can be just as bad. That's why the term cyber-bullying was coined.

  10. #550
    Herald of the Titans The Oblivion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,921
    the best thing we can do about this, is buy MORE micro transaction when they come. so we get more, and more, and more. keep these cry babies in their basements lmfao

  11. #551
    I went through this exact same thing when MoP launched and I made a Blood Elf Monk. I was even kicked from most groups I joined for dungeons.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

  12. #552
    Quote Originally Posted by WaltherLeopold View Post
    It's not hypocrisy, i've outright said I don't want you playing my videogame. Making people feel bad or uneasy isn't a sign of emotional immaturity.
    Is never ok to ask your audience to harass other people.
    You know why?
    There is bound to be a maniac or a stupid person on your followers who will decide to go the extra mile.

    Example:
    If Asmongold tells his entire followerbase to spam someone with dog images in social media because he/she is a bitch (female dog)

    Is only a matter of time until disaster happens because someone decided to do something "extra"

    Never...ever...ever...ever...tell other people to harass someone (-_-) common sense

  13. #553
    Quote Originally Posted by OokOok View Post
    I think this is hilarious, I love this snowflake world we live in. How an emote in a game that's existed for 17 years can trigger people so much is just.......I love it.

    People need to get out more, it's as if they themselves in real life are being spit on. You kids need to learn to detatch yourself from your characters in game. Let me ask you, when someone kills you in pvp do you call 911 to report a murder?
    It's almost as funny as the people who think they're fighting the power, teaching blizzard or these players some kind of lesson. The idea that this is something worth protesting against is funny, but that people are paying blizzard while they protest people paying more is hilarious.

  14. #554
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    I don't think you understand what "being a judge in your own case" even is.
    If you argue that people should be able to weigh how much they've been wronged by another person, you violate that principle, because others need to judge it, not themselves.

    You can dance around it all you like, that doesn't make false.
    If someone goes up to you and says "I don't like you!" and you develop a depression because of it, you won't find a court that's going to take action against this person, no matter how much go on how horribly he wronged you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    because their goal is to make someone feel bad for making the purchase. You arguing against that makes completely no sense in this context.
    Yes, and?
    The same way someone can walk up to me that i should feel bad for wearing blue T-Shirts, because he doesn't like them.
    I just shrug and move on, the intent in both instances is the same.

  15. #555
    Quote Originally Posted by WaltherLeopold View Post
    It's not hypocrisy, i've outright said I don't want you playing my videogame. Making people feel bad or uneasy isn't a sign of emotional immaturity or believing in conspiracy theories lol.

    Should add, i'm not making anyone feel anyhow, taking offense to being spat on in a videogame is a choice.
    Making people want to feel bad means you're a dick, plain and simple. And also, making people feel bad is harassment. Glad you finally admitted it. You spent a lot of time here arguing that people who think /spit is a form or harassment are somehow wrong.

    Quote Originally Posted by Delever View Post
    Or you know... maybe think about how the world has evolved from casually laughing this off 17 years back to now being triggered by a /spit.
    There will always be people that will laugh it off, potentially the vast majority, but there will also always be (and always have been) people who will feel hurt. This has not changed. The only thing that changes, and it's a good thing, is that these days more and more people are starting to acknowledge that.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    If you argue that people should be able to weigh how much they've been wronged by another person, you violate that principle, because others need to judge it, not themselves.

    You can dance around it all you like, that doesn't make false.
    If someone goes up to you and says "I don't like you!" and you develop a depression because of it, you won't find a court that's going to take action against this person, no matter how much go on how horribly he wronged you.

    Yes, and?
    The same way someone can walk up to me that i should feel bad for wearing blue T-Shirts, because he doesn't like them.
    I just shrug and move on, the intent in both instances is the same.
    Not everything in life follows the rules set for courts and the legal system and not everything can be solved with a law of country X. A person can definitely bully another person in ways that would escape the justice system - would that mean the person is not being a dick and a bully? Of course not. The difference between law of a country and rules in a game is that the latter can be more easily changed. And should be, if there's such a need.

    Also - sure, saying something completely harmless and wearing a t-shirt is the same as an act of clearly targeted harassment that everyone in their right mind (including the people doing it) acknowledges as harassment. I'm clearly walking out of this thread with a much-much longer ignore-list, that's for sure
    Last edited by Azerate; 2021-05-31 at 06:17 PM.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

    Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

  16. #556
    I think I’m most surprised that anyone still has emotes showing in their chat window anyway.

  17. #557
    "wahh wahh people are emoting at me, ban them blizzard QQ"

    Really? Get a thicker skin.

  18. #558
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Making people want to feel bad means you're a dick, plain and simple. And also, making people feel bad is harassment. Glad you finally admitted it. You spent a lot of time here arguing that people who think /spit is a form or harassment are somehow wrong.



    There will always be people that will laugh it off, potentially the vast majority, but there will also always be (and always have been) people who will feel hurt. This has not changed. The only thing that changes, and it's a good thing, is that these days more and more people are starting to acknowledge that.
    So just so we are all on the same page here because I feel like I m going insane. We are talking about people using the /spit emote without following up with whispers/death threats etc which is actual harassment correct? And also choosing to not group with said people without telling them anything or cursing etc?
    Because a lot of you here are hard virtue signaling in your attempt to gain moral points in 2021 by validating every insanely sensitive reaction people have. This is actually incredibly belittling and disrespectful to actual victims of harassment and does more to harm them than actually helping. If people are getting legitimately hurt over a random in WoW /spitting on them they need to seek help and I m saying this not to "victim blame" but because they actually need help to function in this world.

  19. #559
    Quote Originally Posted by The Oblivion View Post
    the best thing we can do about this, is buy MORE micro transaction when they come. so we get more, and more, and more. keep these cry babies in their basements lmfao
    "haha I'm blowing hundreds of dollars on virtual pixels, u mad?"

    Yikes.

  20. #560
    I spit on any1 that ganks me if your 60 killing my lvl 30 i am gunna spit on you hell id spit on you in real life given the chance lol i could careless about ppl spitting on me over a mount tho sorry your poor son kek.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •