Page 6 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by athleet View Post
    blizzard literally put the emote in teh game, you think they'll ban you for using it?

if i /wave or /bow or /salute too many times on a dwarf as a night elf will ion stumble down and drop the banhammer on me? prolly not

there are simple rules in wow
    wake up and own noobs
    go hop on the boat and hang out with the captain capn

[=
    like i said,i dont know what the op faced,if it was only some /spit or rp-esque ''insults'' ofc they wont have issues

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by athleet View Post
    lol people are out of control.

boosts are w/e

bc is a lot about rep grinds and farming, boosting a char doesnt really matter to me, i got a free one for buying the game.

gonna use to it play with my friend on a different server who's in another country rn

gonna lvl my mage on the low pop server and then xfer to play with my friends at 70.

dont think that any of these scenarios ruins the game

getting trolled and camped and greifed is part of the game, get fucking good or go play minecraft

[8
    how can someone get good against camping?is it alt f4?its alt f4 isnt it?

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    How was this never an issue with the other CEs over 16 years?

Yes..even in Vanilla we had a CE..was that acceptable because it "only" had a pet? Pet...mount? What is the difference? Sure, there was no shop, that came in TBC, but even then...I never have hear complaints about CE content, not even about the mount and transmog added in SL (and by then, ppl were having problems with pretty much anything in WoW)

Apart from whatever fallacy it is that wants to make us believe that anyone who buy a CE also "use ... real life money to get 20 accounts and boost your effort free army of profession alts and get rich (ingame) or sell gold to other boosted andies for big returns."
    Noone is upset about the mount/pet... its the BOOST, which is totally contradictory to LITERALLY EVERYTHING Classic WoW was, that is the problem. The mount is just a visible symbol to people that advertise you are part of the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Ehrenpanzer View Post
    Noone is upset about the mount/pet... its the BOOST, which is totally contradictory to LITERALLY EVERYTHING Classic WoW was, that is the problem. The mount is just a visible symbol to people that advertise you are part of the problem.
    This is what I had assumed. That it's not the mount people hate but what it represents- somebody who has the mount must also have the boost.

5+ Year Old Account
    My dear, tell me where is your Inn located then I shall come and help you removing this refuse from your sight! No further deluxe will be given to their kind. I assure you!
    Last edited by Progenitor Aquarius; 2021-05-30 at 04:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    You can literally buy gear. Method spent ten thousand euros to buy BoEs in Nyalotha. Saying this is not p2w is pretty delusional.
    Like i said. Yes it is possible. And i actually even wrote exactly what you said. You didn't read anything hm?

Have you ever met anyone ingame who actually geared up using RL money? Top ß,00001% maybe use it because they make more money of it afterwards through adds. But even if you do it you do not win. You have great gear but you won't be able to kill aynthing in PvE/PvP without someone Boosting you. And it is obvious for everyone who plays with you.

The P2W aspect of wow is unobtainable by the normal player. Simple as that.

Also i would coin it more as pay 2 gear... because you won't get anything out of it. You do not play anything you could win. Because you can't no matter how much gear you buy.
    Method etc buy out the auctionhouse. But mosty of their gear comes from splitruns.

People always make it out as if i have 100 Dollars lying around i can suddenly be top 1% in the game everywhere when it is simply not possible.

its the BOOST, which is totally contradictory to LITERALLY EVERYTHING Classic WoW was, that is the problem.
    This isn't a problem. Anyone who says it is is lying.
    The people who cry "#nochanges" are the same who use 20 addons to make every aspect of the game easier, including addons that were never available at the time.
    Also, the boost is for TBC, not Vanilla. Nothing you do before lvl 58 is relevant for TBC.

I love the mount, I'll ride it all expansion laughing at the peasants without one.

This kind of player behaviour is excellent. If Blizzard caves in and pushes these horrible things into their games, people are right to be angry about it. As long as they don't break ToS, I don't really see how it is an issue. However, it's funny and insightful to see how zealous people become when you do anything that comes close to slightly limiting/endangering their freedom to consoom...

"The hope for future generations has always resided in mortal hands."

The absolute state of Warcraft lore in 2021:
    Kyrians: We need to keep chucking people into the Maw because it's our job.
    Also Kyrians: Why is the Maw growing stronger despite all our efforts?

the boost is not really contradictory for tbc classic,people want to play tbc classic for the 60+ experience,not the azeroth one,only draenei and blood elves fall under the tbc lvling experience pre outlands

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    You can literally buy gear. Method spent ten thousand euros to buy BoEs in Nyalotha. Saying this is not p2w is pretty delusional.
    It objectively is not P2W.
    The top 0.0001% of the game use it to get a headstart, but that's all. And all the world-first racers do it.
    And even for normal players, the best it gets you is a slightly easier entry into normal raiding.

That doesn't buy you a win. It buys you time.
    If you "lose" to someone because they spent real money to get shitty AH gear you're just a bad player.

10+ Year Old Account
    As if people being jealous is something new in this game? The people who are rude cant fathomly believe someone "wastes" SEVENTY ENTIRE DOLLARS!!!! on a game. Yet they can't seem to comprehend that for some (most) people that play this game, they wouldn't even notice if $70 went out of their bank account. At all.

Tldr poor people being jealous of people with normal incomes.
    Hi

Literally all but 6 weeks of Classic WoW was Mage dungeon boosting. Classic WoW was about abusing archaic game design through more informed play/itemization to make a literal joke of the content.

Every aspect of Classic has been “how quickly can we accomplish this”, and people are all up in arms that Blizzard responded.

The “joy in struggle” is absolutely 100% a facade that people use to make it seem more pure than it was.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    This kind of player behaviour is excellent. If Blizzard caves in and pushes these horrible things into their games, people are right to be angry about it. As long as they don't break ToS, I don't really see how it is an issue. However, it's funny and insightful to see how zealous people become when you do anything that comes close to slightly limiting/endangering their freedom to consoom...
    Lol, that's delusional. Many things against the ToS are immoral. Leaving keys just as they are popped isn't against the ToS but it's still a shitbag move. And so is treating other players badly, be it through randomly ignoring them or kicking them out of groups.

If you want the community to get more toxic, congrats. You're on the right path.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarba View Post
    Good. It should have always been like that.
    I have no respect for companies using microtransactions and even less for people who embrace it. Wow included. They are the scum of videogame industry.
    Im sick of playing with people who are to poor to afford cosmetic items in a 16 year old game.

People who are to poor not to buy them should ne banned until they buy them.
    Last edited by Utrrabbit; 2021-05-30 at 04:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    harassment is already bannable.

Classic community seem great though, levelheaded nice people.
    Yep, you know it was awesome back then too! Todays wow is so toxic, but with classic everyone automatically softens up when they enter classic mode!

Quote Originally Posted by Delia Verana View Post
    Even in the remote Hillsbrad, where I work as an innkeeeper, I have seen a lot of truly disgusting behaviour. I have received mail from my dear friends in Orgrimmar about a worrying trend of people attacking other heroes of their own kind. I did not believe it to be this bad 'till I saw it myself.

THEY ARE SPITTING ON OTHERS! Using all manner of derogatory slurs to insult others. Just because... they are riding a warp stalker? Hmm, I don't know about you but such childish fools are for sure banned from resting in my inn!
    Yes, YES! Here down in the swamps there are people running around with awesome looking Warp Stalkers. They keep going in and out of some big door just 5 miles from here.

I can't wait to get hold of one!
    Last edited by Doffen; 2021-05-30 at 04:57 PM.

Leveling is the most boring part of the game. I'm glad boosting exists. Managed to level to 60 in classic because my class fit into those dungeon aoe cleaves.

I wish boosts were cheaper or free though. But I still much rather grind IRL money and buy a boost than do the same crap again and again that I did 15 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by starstationprofm View Post
    Lol, that's delusional. Many things against the ToS are immoral. Leaving keys just as they are popped isn't against the ToS but it's still a shitbag move. And so is treating other players badly, be it through randomly ignoring them or kicking them out of groups.

If you want the community to get more toxic, congrats. You're on the right path.
    Only toxic more towards a very specific group of people that I don't really care about.
    The absolute state of Warcraft lore in 2021:
    Kyrians: We need to keep chucking people into the Maw because it's our job.
    Also Kyrians: Why is the Maw growing stronger despite all our efforts?

Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    Nah,the issue is that people didn't harass those who bought store pets and store helmets enough back when it started.

This stuff should have been scoured from the start
    Uhhh yeh they were lol. "TRH" if you played then. you know what that stand for and people banned people with it from groups and guilds.

At the time of TBC release majority of the player base had multiple high level characters. What they do with the boost which is believe restricted to 1 per account, is allowing returning players who had 0 interest in classic to instantly step into the TBC era content.

And its still close to the OG game experience, since neither Belf nor Draenei can be boosted.

looking down and loathing people who take part in microtransaction is pretty justified