Page 13 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The best part of /spit is the fact that you can't preemptively ignore it in any really good way, combined with the fact that some people just take massive offense at an ingame emote. I think there might be addons that help you, but 99% of people with the mount won't have any addon. You just have to deal with the fact that people are showing their discontent towards your purchasing choices in a really innocuous fashion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    Classic failed too buddy, without microtransactions lol. There were only a handful of populated servers going into T2 You need to realize that monetization is what keeps the game alive at all, classic or retail, as I already stated, it didn't have egregious pricing to manipulate the players, it wasn't a mandatory max level power increase, it was optional. If the game doesn't make money, the game won't exist, and the small Classic playerbase isn't enough to justify to investors as to why the game should continue getting resources.
    A. Classic has more players than Retail so shut it.
    B. I came from private servers and can go right back. Monetization doesn't keep classic alive, but my desire to play the game does.
    C. If Blizzard didn't bring back classic then they risk losing their copyright, due to private servers. They had no choice but to bring it back.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    This goes all the way back to the celestial steed. CS was an unusual mount that made people inspect and research it when it suddenly started to appear in game. Up until that point mounts were earned in game so CS made you wonder what that person accomplished, but to realize the answer was “they paid $10” was off putting.

The /spit thing is a funny way to show disdain for people who show off that they got suckered into buying a mount.
    But that didn't happen on a large scale. Very rarely someone would say something about them riding the CS. The first time it was actually happening on a large scale was in MoP when they introduced boosts. Trade chat and everyone hated on boosted chars. It was crazy. No one boosted got invited in any group. No one wanted to play with them. Funny to see it happening again.

Quote Originally Posted by Vash The Stampede View Post
    You bought the mount then you're the problem. You think losing over 50% of players on Retail has nothing to do with the monetization of the game? It's why we're here, to avoid you whales. You guys won, you now own Retail WoW. Let us have TBC without any micro-transactions.
    Comments like these are so funny already, and will be even funnier to look back on when TBC Classic is further monetized.

/spit is the suckerpunch of wow. nothing more or less. Many spits! Handle it!

These mounts and other dumb retail-inspired graphics weren't in TBC and they shouldn't be in TBC classic either. It looks like something straight out of WoD or Legion and is pretty aesthetically jarring

Everybody who purchased one is rewarding Blizzard for their defilement of the game, and encouraging further defilement

The /spits will continue until the chumps who bought these mounts go back to retail... so about another month or so
    Subtlety Rogue was an amazing, incredible, unique, and fun spec prior to Legion and BfA

“All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.”

― Douglas Adams

7+ Year Old Account
    Where are you getting this from? As far as I'm aware, there's no evidence that Classic ever surpassed Retail in terms of active players.

C. If Blizzard didn't bring back classic then they risk losing their copyright, due to private servers. They had no choice but to bring it back.
    No, this would not happen. Blizzard could have never released Classic and still maintained their rights over World of Warcraft.
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

I would never harass players over buying the deluxe edition tbh, everyone who didn't think blizzard was going to milk the shit out of classic with microtransactions is hopelessly naive (or spent the last 10 years in a coma).

The decision to add these things was probably made 10 seconds after deciding to re-release vanilla in the first place, so buying the deluxe edition or not buying it won't have any influence on the release of future microtransactions.

B. I came from private servers and can go right back. Monetization doesn't keep classic alive, but my desire to play the game does.
    It really is something when someone speaks so confidently in completely erroneous statements.

The last bit about their copyright being in jeopardy is absolute gold.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    I remember people being kicked from groups and even guilds for buying the transmog helms that were put in the store back in MoP.
    I can believe that. I never bought the helmets back then, but I heard some stories about that.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I love the weakaura and I dont even care about people spending money. I just want to spit on people.

A) Having more or less players is relative when either one of them alone doesn't make enough money to pay for all employees and server costs.
    B) Your singular desire does not keep the game alive, your $14.99 a month, is practically worthless to a company like Blizzard. It would take tens of thousands just to make a dent for them to acknowledge something is a problem, good luck with that argument moving forward lol.
    C) False? They don't just lose copyright lol that's not how intellectual property laws work.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    "She was asking for it the way she was dressed"
    That right there is what you are doing the equivalent of.
    "They knew people hated the mount, so its their fault people are harassing them over it"
    Instead of blaming the victim for "Being a target" why not idk... punish the actual person doing the bad thing?
    also how the fuck does it look out of place, its LITERALLY a model from TBC.
    Yeah people spitting on boosted andies and dumb out of place toys and gimmicks, are totally the same thing as blaming rape victims. I really can't see any difference at all between these situations. This is a useful and informative analogy. I am good at #logic

Also if this model is from TBC, can you kindly inform me what steps were necessary to acquire this retail-looking mount in TBC?

Oh yeah and that gigantic, gaudy, hamfisted dark portal hearthstone, how could I have acquired that in TBC also please??
    Last edited by shoegazing; 2021-05-30 at 11:26 PM.
    Subtlety Rogue was an amazing, incredible, unique, and fun spec prior to Legion and BfA

“All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.”

― Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by shoegazing View Post
    These mounts and other dumb retail-inspired graphics weren't in TBC and they shouldn't be in TBC classic either. It looks like something straight out of WoD or Legion and is pretty aesthetically jarring

Everybody who purchased one is rewarding Blizzard for their defilement of the game, and encouraging further defilement

The /spits will continue until the chumps who bought these mounts go back to retail... so about another month or so
    Hot take, but I think just playing the game classic or retail is enough to tell Blizzard they are doing a good job. The real chumps are the ones that keep complaining while still playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    I would have a larger issue with this whole situation if they were trying to massively take advantage of the playerbase. They're only allowing 1 boost per account, they said that and stuck to it instead of seeing how much money they made the first few days of the boost and just opening the boost up to unlimited per account. And the pricing isn't even egregious. The deluxe edition comes with 2 mounts, one for classic and retail, two toys, the boost, and a month of game time. If you were to calculate what these would cost individually based on blizzards own pricing structure: $25 per mount, $10 per toy, $60 boost, and $15 for a month of game time, totaling $145. I have absolutely no problem with the deluxe edition or the boost, to be frank the leveling experience is left in vanilla, it's not part of the Burning Crusade experience.
    Agree with everything you said here. If this was a free-for-all, with unlimited boosts, it would be an entirely different story. But a few examples of this system being a positive for the TBC community and the game as a whole:

One friend didnt play classic at all - they played it extensively at launch, and cbf doing that all again. They do however have some interest in TBC, and want to play. This allows them to do exactly that, and at a reduced price compared to a AAA new release (they will just get the boost)

Second example is a different friend who played classic a hell of a lot, and suffered some class burnout. They really want to play TBC but again, CBF lvling again just to play tbc. This allows them to keep all the things they worked hard for on their "main", while playing a new class and enjoying everything TBC has to offer from launch, rather than spending a couple weeks starting again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sammonoske View Post
    Hot take, but I think just playing the game classic or retail is enough to tell Blizzard they are doing a good job. The real chumps are the ones that keep complaining while still playing.
    "society could be improved somewhat"

"and yet you still participate in society! how curious! i am very smart!"

― Douglas Adams

/spit is the one thing I could never understand that was in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    There was nothing p2w in WotLK but you can bet that all the character services they added in WotLK Retail will be added in Classic.
    There will be a wow token added in TBC classic, it has already been data mined. And when you combine the WoW Token with GDKPs it is straight up p2w.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWorkingTitle View Post
    If you support that scummy practice then you will be called out for it in-game. Get used to it.
    I think a lot of people in this thread are very confused. Players are not responsible for Blizzard having turned into a company of money-grubbing scumbags incapable of pumping out decent content. Blizzard is responsible.

If the game were in a better place today nobody would spit on anybody for buying premium packages. The thing is, supporting Blizzard as it is now, is almost becoming some sort of badge of dishonor, which tells you A LOT about the real state of the game. When half the player base thinks it’s shameful for the other half to support Blizzard’s financial endeavors, then there’s a real problem.

Toxic corporate behavior: ruining the product, ruining the job, ruining the player community, trading long term benefits for short term money grabs but hey, none of that matters, so long as Bobby gets his $bonus$ for a job well done!

It’s a real cultural problem and “Blizzard” is hardly the only company affected by modern society’s descent into sociopathic levels greed.
    Facilis Descensus Averno

Quote Originally Posted by donjn View Post
    /spit is the one thing I could never understand that was in the game.
    Old blizzard devs realized that psychological reactions of non neurotypical humans is a personal issue and not something everyone else should have to account for.

Sticks and stones and all....