Page 14 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Arganis View Post
    I think a lot of people in this thread are very confused. Players are not responsible for Blizzard having turned into a company of money-grubbing scumbags incapable of pumping out decent content. Blizzard is responsible.

If the game were in a better place today nobody would spit on anybody for buying premium packages. The thing is, supporting Blizzard as it is now, is almost becoming some sort of badge of dishonor, which tells you A LOT about the real state of the game. When half the player base thinks it’s shameful for the other half to support Blizzard’s financial endeavors, then there’s a real problem.

Toxic corporate behavior: ruining the product, ruining the job, ruining the player community, trading long term benefits for short term money grabs but hey, none of that matters, so long as Bobby gets his $bonus$ for a job well done!

It’s a real cultural problem and “Blizzard” is hardly the only company affected by modern society’s descent into sociopathic levels greed.
    This is such a longwinded post that honestly just boils down to "back in my day, things were far, far better. Music wasn't just noise, people didn't dress silly, and every single person was respectful and kind". When old people say that, they are wrong, and when you make all these grossly exaggerated and overly dramatic statements, it has the same impact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    Hence nobody deserves to be harassed.
    And yet blizzard included the emote to spit on someone, explicitly states that camping and griefing isn't something they consider harassment, etc. Essentially, this is a video game (like you said). Any lack of comradery you feel, ostracization, etc, is on you and not harassment in their eyes.

I petition to remove /hug, it is far too nice. If we are going to eliminate one end of the spectrum, the other should be as well.

Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    Well you are basically ruining the game for others with your "p2w" stuff (boosted characters, profession alts in tbc etc) just use your real life money to get 20 accounts and boost your effort free army of profession alts and get rich (ingame) or sell gold to other boosted andies for big returns.

Ever played a bg these days with all the boosted andies? Yeah much fun to play with even worse people than before. Being able to skip the ~60 hours leveling is just bad and shouldnt even exist. The mount is a big eyesore and feels out of place in tbc.

Your purchase will bring more bad stuff into the shop in the future too. Soon we will get the wow classic token. People who buy the level boost will also probably want to buy gold (and they already do) which will lead to even more bots, thank you!
    Lol this kind of stuff is just hilarious to read especially with all the salty disdain. Vanilla Classic just showed people didn't give a fuck about leveling. 90% of the people I've played with during classic didn't bother do the quests they went full on dungeon with that VANILLA SPIRIT group of 10 people in Scarlet Monastery and so did all the big players who reached R14 / Scarab lord.

People who are bad will stay bad even if they've leveled themself. They'll just take more time to be bad, which is problematic here since people will mainly want to experience BC and not bother themself with Vanilla.

Also out of places shits like spectral tigers were introduced back in late Vanilla / early BC and people didn't even gave a fuck. Deluxe edition is probably what got you BC anyway so you should be thankful to all those people who bought it for the mount instead of spitting on them. And no, I'm not one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    Nah,the issue is that people didn't harass those who bought store pets and store helmets enough back when it started.

This stuff should have been scoured from the start
    Store is a natural evolution of the videogame industry's buisness model. Games are more and more expensives to create so the options were on increasing the base game cost (they did it), the sub cost (they didn't) or something worse. Remember that real ID was meant to be a premium feature ? Also those store would probably have never existed without the store anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Exkrementor View Post
    Yes, original wrath was not pay2win but 2021 retail is. And if they are already selling boosts and mounts in tbc then you can bet your ass they are making wrath classic pay2win.
    How you pay2win in retail? Enlighten me please.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    This is such a longwinded post that honestly just boils down to "back in my day, things were far, far better. Music wasn't just noise, people didn't dress silly, and every single person was respectful and kind". When old people say that, they are wrong, and when you make all these grossly exaggerated and overly dramatic statements, it has the same impact.
    I don’t know what you’re talking about. My point is obvious from the very nature of this thread. People can say Blizzard has bad business practices and blame all their problems on this or that business decision they don’t like but everybody knows the problem goes deeper and Blizzard is hardly the only offender.

You just sound like a child who likes simplified reasoning. You don’t like people who “buy stuff” for the game you don’t buy, therefor you /spit on the scum you feel contributes to ruining your personal gaming experience, hoping somehow that makes them stop... Great dude but that’s fucking juvenile and stupid.
    Facilis Descensus Averno

I don’t know what you’re talking about. My point is obvious from the very nature of this thread. People can say Blizzard has bad business practices and blame all their problems on this or that business decision they don’t like but everybody knows the problem goes deeper and Blizzard is hardly the only offender.

You just sound like a child who likes simplified reasoning. You don’t like people who “buy stuff” for the game you don’t buy, therefor you /spit on the scum you feel contributes to ruining your personal gaming experience, hoping somehow that makes them stop... Great dude but that’s fucking juvenile and stupid.
    People "can say" whatever they want, doesnt make any off it accurate or true. You can claim to know what i like and dont like all you want, again, you are wrong.
    Last edited by arkanon; 2021-05-31 at 12:28 AM.
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hexian View Post
    There will be a wow token added in TBC classic, it has already been data mined. And when you combine the WoW Token with GDKPs it is straight up p2w.
    Probably because the token is in China's classic...probably easier to keep the coding uniform then just have 2 completely different versions

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, but I will still continue to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    Probably because the token is in China's classic...probably easier to keep the coding uniform then just have 2 completely different versions
    There are already 2 completely different versions. So no this is not the reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hexian View Post
    There will be a wow token added in TBC classic, it has already been data mined. And when you combine the WoW Token with GDKPs it is straight up p2w.
    I can't wait to see the prices in the auction house sky rocket and force me to pay higher prices to make my Thunder weapon. I'm on the fence on quitting classic before I get knee deep into it. Maybe call my credit card company and get my $15 back. I'm not getting TBC as far as I'm concerned.

15+ Year Old Account
    People "can say" whatever they want, doesnt make any off it accurate or true.
    So now you’re defending Blizzard? I’m confused, which side of the argument are you on anyway? Sorry but your snarky one line response, deep as it was, isn’t very informative.
    Facilis Descensus Averno

Quote Originally Posted by Vash The Stampede View Post
    I can't wait to see the prices in the auction house sky rocket and force me to pay higher prices to make my Thunder weapon. I'm on the fence on quitting classic before I get knee deep into it. Maybe call my credit card company and get my $15 back. I'm not getting TBC as far as I'm concerned.
    Why are you telling us any of this? If you are going to quit over something that "might" happen, according to some random dude on a fansite forum, then go do it - thats your choice.

- - - Updated - - -

So now you’re defending Blizzard? I’m confused, which side of the argument are you on anyway? Sorry but your snarky one line response, deep as it was, isn’t very informative.
    Defending what? You are living in a dream world were your twisted personal opinions are facts, and swinging wildly at anyone who dare say anything even neutral about Blizzard, let alone positive!

10+ Year Old Account
    Why are you telling us any of this? If you are going to quit over something that "might" happen, according to some random dude on a fansite forum, then go do it - thats your choice.
    Firstly, I just started playing a week ago. Secondly, it depends if Blizzard implements the WoW token. It's better that I found this out now and quit before getting too involved. The moment Blizzard implements the WoW taken then I'm gone. Back to private servers I go.

Firstly, I just started playing a week ago. Secondly, it depends if Blizzard implements the WoW token. It's better that I found this out now and quit before getting too involved. The moment Blizzard implements the WoW taken then I'm gone. Back to private servers I go.
    You havnt found anything out - one person on a random fansite has made a claim - with nothing to support it. You quitting because "some dude on a forum said one day this thing might happen" is entirely illogical and irrational, but its your life, if you want to quit over that, do it - i see no reason to tell people on a fansite you are quitting, especially over something so nonsensical.

I do find it quite amusing that you would look at quitting over this issue, and yet openly comment on attempting to commit fraud as your "solution".

15+ Year Old Account
    Yes, but I will still continue to do so.
    Great. Well, have at it then, if it makes you feel less powerless.

Because that’s what this is about. You, and other people like you, thinking harassing consumers will somehow make Blizzard change their corporate practices, which is just totally fucking stupid.

It’s like yelling at a McDonalds customer for eating something you wish wasn’t on the menu. As if the CEO gives a shit about you acting like an asshole to another customer. You’re both just stupid pay-pigs in his eyes.
    Last edited by Arganis; 2021-05-31 at 12:59 AM.
    Facilis Descensus Averno

You bought the mount then you're the problem. You think losing over 50% of players on Retail has nothing to do with the monetization of the game? It's why we're here, to avoid you whales. You guys won, you now own Retail WoW. Let us have TBC without any micro-transactions.
    Do you actually think this? Like, in your heart of hearts, do you actually think that Classic is supposed to be some monetization-free "DAE OLD BLIZZARD GOOD NEW BLIZZARD BAD" safe haven? Because I promise you Blizzard doesn't give a fuck and if you're continuing to give a company that you disagree with on such a fundamental level money than you're part of the reason they keep pulling shit like this. Either all of it's okay or none of it's okay.

You havnt found anything out - one person on a random fansite has made a claim - with nothing to support it. You quitting because "some dude on a forum said one day this thing might happen" is entirely illogical and irrational, but its your life, if you want to quit over that, do it - i see no reason to tell people on a fansite you are quitting, especially over something so nonsensical.

I do find it quite amusing that you would look at quitting over this issue, and yet openly comment on attempting to commit fraud as your "solution".
    I know that you are only here to argue for the sake of arguing - not to discuss the actual matter, but if you had any technical knowledge you could look the token thing up yourself. The buy token page is there and running, just hidden and you can not make any purchases yet.

Here is an article about it: https://www.icy-veins.com/forums/top...d-not-enabled/

10+ Year Old Account
    You havnt found anything out - one person on a random fansite has made a claim - with nothing to support it. You quitting because "some dude on a forum said one day this thing might happen" is entirely illogical and irrational, but its your life, if you want to quit over that, do it -
    The way things are going with TBC, it wouldn't shock me that Blizzard does implement a Token. I'm keeping my eyes open for it.
    i see no reason to tell people on a fansite you are quitting, especially over something so nonsensical.
    I do, because it spreads awareness. I don't like micro-transactions in my games and I don't like them being sneaked in after the game is launched.
    Less fraud to me than playing TBC with tokens. In the end I'm punished by wasting more of my time because someone else paid money not to waste theirs. Leveling my toon and ganked by a boosted 58. Grinding matts to make Thunder and the prices skyrocket on the AH due to boosts and Tokens. I'm on the moral high ground, not you.

Quote Originally Posted by shoegazing View Post
    "society could be improved somewhat"

"and yet you still participate in society! how curious! i am very smart!"
    Shit comic in its original form and even shittier here. Matt Bors is a hack.