Page 17 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Most of these guys complaining that people bought the boost... also buy gold, and pay mages and pallys to boost them. Hypocrites.

Quote Originally Posted by BetrayedOf52 View Post
    Most of these guys complaining that people bought the boost... also buy gold, and pay mages and pallys to boost them. Hypocrites.
    Just last week watched a guy endlessly whine about the boost killing the game, it's about the journey, this isn't the classic they promised us, not everyone can afford boosts! You know, usual stuff.

Next day he had managed to level like, twice max. Mate was boosting me through some dungeons I had quests for, and that exact same guy paid to join. One of the other guys paying for a boost recognized his name from the multi-hour bitch session the day before. Asked how he could afford the boost: "I just bought some gold - it's LITERALLY the only way to level now".
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

Quote Originally Posted by Delia Verana View Post
    Even in the remote Hillsbrad, where I work as an innkeeeper, I have seen a lot of truly disgusting behaviour. I have received mail from my dear friends in Orgrimmar about a worrying trend of people attacking other heroes of their own kind. I did not believe it to be this bad 'till I saw it myself.

THEY ARE SPITTING ON OTHERS! Using all manner of derogatory slurs to insult others. Just because... they are riding a warp stalker? Hmm, I don't know about you but such childish fools are for sure banned from resting in my inn!

For real though, don't be dumb. /spit is one thing, making it automatic is another but going in with whispers and /s on other players' simple purchase is in my opinion and should be a bannable offense. I mean how do you justify it, I am curious? Keeping the hate on the forums is fine I guess but going after other players in game should not be tolerated. You don't like the existence of the deluxe edition, cool, but is this the way to show it?

I really do hope something is done about this. A statement would be brave and it would fuel the fire for sure, but I do not see any justification to harass the players who decided to use their own money on something Blizzard offered them. Keep it cool, rest assured I have a fast copypasta ready for a report when ever I see these heroes. Just don't be dumb.
    its poor people being jealous about those who can afford it.

just ignore them .

To me, the people spitting/harassing those with the deluxe mount are akin to vegans protesting a kids animal farm/petting zoo screaming meat is murder at them.
    It's never going to turn any of them vegan, and only ends up discrediting the screaming participants as unhinged nutcases to everyone else.

Better to leave the deluxies alone, put the effort into something constructive rather than simply making yourself look like a twit.

Also, we forget that towards the later part of TBC the recruit a friend system came in, with the bonus zhevra mount.. So Microtransactions for vanity items were a thing in TBC, as 90% of the people who used RAF just made themselves a second account for the mount and boosting a second character (through towing) rather than actually ever recruiting anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    Yeaaah gonna go ahead and call bs on that one. Never have I seen anything close to jealousy related to a store mount.
    Your selective observations don't mean that they did not witness something.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    its poor people being jealous about those who can afford it.

just ignore them .
    I find assumption that everyone who dislikes those features does not have the disposeable income to purchase those completely retarded.

First off, WoW due to its sub fee is pretty much one of the most expensive games on the market if one does not include MTX, making it in itself already more of a "luxury" game in that aspect.
    Second, the Classic audience in particular is likely slightly more aged, probably around 30, meaning those aren't kids who need to ask their parents for money.

This is such a childish logic to assume that only people complain about something is because they cannot afford it, in a game that frankly is already way too fucking expensive for people that have barely any disposeable income.
    Quote Originally Posted by diarx View Post
    Also, we forget that towards the later part of TBC the recruit a friend system came in, with the bonus zhevra mount.. So Microtransactions for vanity items were a thing in TBC, as 90% of the people who used RAF just made themselves a second account for the mount and boosting a second character (through towing) rather than actually ever recruiting anyone.
    I find this also a strange logic, why not just simply *reintroduce* the same thing?
    That way, Blizzard would avoid all controversy, i doubt you'll have the same debate once they add the store & pets in Wotlk, simply because that's were when those were added back then.

Like, be real, do you really think Blizzard actually feels the urge to justify the deluxe edition other than pure profit?
    As if Blizzard sat there and said "oh, TBC had X and Y, that's why we feel comfortable to add something completely different!", if the Deluxe edition featured nothing but the Netherwing pet (like the TBC CE), i do not believe there would be much of a controversy.

C'mon, the sole reason why Classic didn't have anything similiar is because Blizzard didn't believe there would be anyone but a handful of people playing it.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2021-05-31 at 06:12 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    whales deserve the hate

Quote Originally Posted by Zypherz View Post
    I'm curious, can someone that supports these micro-transactions deem where they draw the line?

For me, buying a level boost is as much of an advantage as buying CE or glad is, as at the end of the day you're paying to skip time and effort; And I genuinely believe that the average person can achieve Gladiator in less time /played than level 60 in classic/TBC if they actually want it.

What would be the line? Is there one? I don't even see buying gear as 'worse' than buying levels tbh.
    I would draw the line at direct power increases at max level. For example store bought gear that's comparable to upper ilvls, end game achievement etc etc. Anything that interfere with the end game loop essentially.

On another note. Lots of people outing themselves being a shitty person by defending bad behaviour. Justifying treating others badly is weird... Be kind.
    Last edited by Kumorii; 2021-05-31 at 06:20 AM.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    How you pay2win in retail? Enlighten me please.
    People seems to have made the mental bridge that the wow token exists for Blizzard to make more money while giving players money to buy boosts and BoEs, ergo P2W.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Only poor people hate on deluxe players. Need a handkerchief? You can buy one from me <3

I really love the fact, that on my server people cry because they see a warpstalker but they themselfs bought a level boost. How do I know? I boosted some of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    Deal with it, it was part of the package.
    Player abuse and behavior is not any part of a fucking package. It's on the player and Blizzard doesn't need to take any responsibility for it except to enforce their own rules.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    I find assumption that everyone who dislikes those features does not have the disposeable income to purchase those completely retarded.

First off, WoW due to its sub fee is pretty much one of the most expensive games on the market if one does not include MTX, making it in itself already more of a "luxury" game in that aspect.
    Second, the Classic audience in particular is likely slightly more aged, probably around 30, meaning those aren't kids who need to ask their parents for money.

This is such a childish logic to assume that only people complain about something is because they cannot afford it, in a game that frankly is already way too fucking expensive for people that have barely any disposeable income.

I find this also a strange logic, why not just simply *reintroduce* the same thing?
    That way, Blizzard would avoid all controversy, i doubt you'll have the same debate once they add the store & pets in Wotlk, simply because that's were when those were added back then.

Like, be real, do you really think Blizzard actually feels the urge to justify the deluxe edition other than pure profit?
    As if Blizzard sat there and said "oh, TBC had X and Y, that's why we feel comfortable to add something completely different!", if the Deluxe edition featured nothing but the Netherwing pet (like the TBC CE), i do not believe there would be much of a controversy.

C'mon, the sole reason why Classic didn't have anything similiar is because Blizzard didn't believe there would be anyone but a handful of people playing it.
    Avoid controversy? Lololol. When raf was introduced it was called the death of the game - pure P2W, the sky was falling and it would be the death of wow.

That's the irony of this entire situation - this EXACT scenario played out back in 2008.
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    People seems to have made the mental bridge that the wow token exists for Blizzard to make more money while giving players money to buy boosts and BoEs, ergo P2W.
    Totally won the game with a pair of boe shoes and some bracers... I'll maybe even lie dead at the entrance of a m+ for 20minutes
    Last edited by Nnyco; 2021-05-31 at 06:49 AM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

To be honest, I tried getting into a Strat grp yesterday for a few hours and was refused entry to basically any group with the question "are you boosted?" or "only 60s, cba with boosted chars".

Really great way to ruin anyone's fun.

I didn't play classic and don't have the time to level a 60 in time for the launch, so paid 49€ for the service Blizzard themselves offers becacuse I want to see the BC launch myself. Surely it will be fun to witness that. But I guess that's enough reason for the "community" to put me on the sideline.

If that's the mindset of the majority of players, I don't think this game is for me.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Avoid controversy? Lololol. When raf was introduced it was called the death of the game - pure P2W, the sky was falling and it would be the death of wow.
    I don't recall much controversy - simply because some people didn't like it, doesn't qualify to call out a controversy in my book.

Putting aside that argument is damn stupid to begin, i already said that i do not predict much drama in Classic Wotlk when they introduce the very same services they introduced in back in 08 / 09.

Why?
    Because that's how it was, so the overdramatization on your part is the usual "oh, people will complain about everything" argument that adds absolutely nothing of value to a discussion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsarez View Post
    I didn't play classic and don't have the time to level a 60 in time for the launch, so paid 49€ for the service Blizzard themselves offers becacuse I want to see the BC launch myself. Surely it will be fun to witness that. But I guess that's enough reason for the "community" to put me on the sideline.
    The simple reality is that boosted characters just plain suck, their gear is equivalent to that of a character in their 30's, barring trinkets.

So, putting stigma of having used the boost aside, those characters are even less useful than hybrid dps were before pre patch.
    Especially now with a lot of returning players, you can just cherrypick your group, why should i invite a person that has
    1.Absolutely trash gear
    2.Possibly no experience (and thus might cause a wipe thanks to pulling packs on accident)
    And playing a boosted character is a huge red flag on both.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2021-05-31 at 07:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Player abuse and behavior is not any part of a fucking package. It's on the player and Blizzard doesn't need to take any responsibility for it except to enforce their own rules.
    I wish people would stop being naive over this.

People overwhelmingly spoke against deluxe edition. What did you really expect? If someone like that can /spit on you or kill you in game because you're riding the lizard to spite you, they will.

Do you know why? Because they can. Good luck convincing blizzard they're breaking the ToS

If you get mad about someone who brought a mount and a level 58 boost then you need to take a long hard look in the mirror. I've never heard something so pathetic in my whole life, people are abusing others over this, I've received an amount of hate over it as well. I personally took some comment to heart, maybe I shouldn't have but what was said was so wrong considering all I did was buy a boost which includes a mount. It's harmless and the people that abuse others over this... well clearly they're virgins.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    How was this never an issue with the other CEs over 16 years?

Yes..even in Vanilla we had a CE..was that acceptable because it "only" had a pet? Pet...mount? What is the difference? Sure, there was no shop, that came in TBC, but even then...I never have hear complaints about CE content, not even about the mount and transmog added in SL (and by then, ppl were having problems with pretty much anything in WoW)

Apart from whatever fallacy it is that wants to make us believe that anyone who buy a CE also "use ... real life money to get 20 accounts and boost your effort free army of profession alts and get rich (ingame) or sell gold to other boosted andies for big returns."
    Don't forget TCG items that arrived in TBC. The mental gymnastics these people go through to ignore the actual paid cosmetics and toys that were available 15 years ago is impressive. "But none of those were a warp-stalker" they are right, deluxe should have contained spectral tigers instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    I don't recall much controversy - simply because some people didn't like it, doesn't qualify to call out a controversy in my book.

Putting aside that argument is damn stupid to begin, i already said that i do not predict much drama in Classic Wotlk when they introduce the very same services they introduced in back in 08 / 09.

Why?
    Because that's how it was, so the overdramatization on your part is the usual "oh, people will complain about everything" argument that adds absolutely nothing of value to a discussion.
    Classic example of "nonono, im going to entirely dismiss your point because thats not how i remember it, and by default, my memory is accurate and yours is not. Sure, it just so happens to line up with my current narrative, but thats simply a coincidence!"

There was HUGE drama over RaF, and to say otherwise when we can see EXACTLY the same drama from this is simply naive.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Classic example of "nonono, im going to entirely dismiss your point because thats not how i remember it, and by default, my memory is accurate and yours is not. Sure, it just so happens to line up with my current narrative, but thats simply a coincidence!"

There was HUGE drama over RaF, and to say otherwise when we can see EXACTLY the same drama from this is simply naive.
    RAF had drama still even well into WOTLK. it was so dumb. lmao