Page 19 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Some of us are collectors, I have every CE of the game and since there wasn't a physical CE release of classic tbc, I bought the digital CE, not my fault it came with a boost and a mount.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsarez View Post
    A) The dungeon is in my book in fact not a max level dungeon. From 58 already would work, and 59 in fact works perfectly fine.
    Strat is effectively a maxlevel dungeon, alongside Scholo, DM:N and UBRS.

It's technically marked as 58-60, but even in Classic, you had a hard time getting invited on a noncapped character unless you were a healer.
    You can complain about it but that's how it was in Classic and even Vanilla for that matter.

This is literally authentic behavior on the communities end.
    B) Strat is absolutely low skill and level 60 T3 chars can be just as much of a wipe cause as anyone else, especially when they're overzealous gogogogo type of players.
    It is, but it's hardly a mechanical check, it's really just "know there are pats and which packs you can skip", putting aside that having overgeared characters naturally allows you to survive some mistakes.
    If you have an overgeared Fury Warrior, that will just destroy entire packs themselves as long as the healer lives and has mana, that's a huge boost.

Gear just enables you to survive some stupid mistakes, pulling one pack too many when you have low dps simply spells doom because your healer will go oom, putting aside whether the people are actually capable of keeping threat off the healer.
    C) Waiting for the "one stronger guy" is a shotgun argument. You could say that for literally anything. Level 12 questing? Why would I form a group with you? There is a level 13 out there who is stronger than you.
    Because people are easily available right now, as i've told you.

When i make a group for a 5man dungeon, i even get 2 people instantly whispering at 1AM on a working day, a few days ago i filled an UBRS group from 3/10 to 10/10 within 3 minutes.
    When i get this many people, i will certainly pick the ones that allow me to heavily reduce the time it takes to run a dungeon.

Again, doing a dungeon with a geared group or a group full of boosted characters is a day and night difference, simply because everything dies so much faster, healer doesn't have to constantly sit down and reg and you can survive certain mistakes and it increases the possibility that these people are familiar with some mechanics of the dungeon or even the simple fact that mobs that run towards pack to "add" them need to be killed ASAP.
    A level 60 who needs to go to these dungeons for gear won't help clear it faster than what my 59 character would in any meaningful way.
    The level 60 is objectively stronger than you and likely has superior gear than a boosted character.

So yes, they will help to clear the dungeon much faster.

@Kralljin again why would a geared 60 want to join these dungeons? People with gear good enough to make a difference don't need it. You won't have many applicants with Raid gear wanting to join your UBRS/Strat/whatever group. Everything else below raid gear is just about on par with the boosted gear, except if you have pre-raid BiS. Which at this point in time is questionable why you would even want to spend time going for that.

Do you literally ask people "what is your gear?" before you invite someone? I've been rejected because I've boosted the character, not because my gear is too low.

Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    And yet its true. Cycle looks like this: Get boosted, buy gold from other boosted bot chars, spend gold in gdk runs / arena carries. Whine that there is no content in this game on the forum, quit and play retail - come back to wrath to buy boost - repeat.

Forgot to add "buy wow marks to get gold - get boosted in retail content" but you should already notice the trend in the cycle .
    You can make anything sound convincing if you aren't constrained by facts.

It is very very simple. Don't group with boosties/lizard owners, refuse them from groups and just don't say a single word. You re actively lynching supporters of cancerous practices without having a single bannable trace on you. Working like a charm so far.

10+ Year Old Account
    Needs to keep happening imo, Blizzard have all these recolored mounts for different achievements/vendors/rares but didn't stop to think about maybe using the store mounts they implement as some sort of rare mount obtained in-game through an achievement or rare 0.5% drop rather than the store. They give the paying subscriber reskinned/recolored shit for playing the game but the unique mounts? Pay up buddy.

And do you know why they'll keep doing that crap? Because you, the person being spat on, like 1000s of others, is continuously encouraging the shitty practice by shelling out money for these store items.

Let me tell you the actual reason why people refuse to play with boosted chars: because they assume we're shit. And they think that spending 100+ hours autoshotting mobs in the open world somehow makes you a better player and would magically prepare you for entry level dungeons. Flash news, it doesn't. Doing a dungeon prepares you for the dungeon. And any character in WoW isn't a racing car and certainly not as hard to master as one.

And lets not forget about the absurd amount of people who got their level 60 paladins/shamans within a few days after pre-patch hit by buying boosts through dungeons with gold. Nobody seems to have an issue with that. But paying the equivalent of less than 1 hour of my salary to be lv 58? Literally worse than being a dictator.

Let me tell you the actual reason why people refuse to play with boosted chars: because they assume we're shit. And they think that spending 100+ hours autoshotting mobs in the open world somehow makes you a better player and would magically prepare you for entry level dungeons. Flash news, it doesn't. Doing a dungeon prepares you for the dungeon. And any character in WoW isn't a racing car and certainly not as hard to master as one.

And lets not forget about the absurd amount of people who got their level 60 paladins/shamans within a few days after pre-patch hit by buying boosts through dungeons with gold. Nobody seems to have an issue with that. But paying the equivalent of less than 1 hour of my salary to be lv 58? Literally worse than being a dictator.
    The boost in itself is not the issue. The game requires 0 skill to play at classic/tbc level of play anyway. Leveling will not make you magically better. The notion of supporting such practices is the problem. It brings forth a cascading series of effects that will creep their way into being the norm very very fast in a version of the game that did not include any.
    Do you remember how micro-transactions started? Helmets were added to the cash shop end of wrath. People started saying this was the first iteration to test the waters for micro-transactions and people were calling them madmen and irrational. Then we slowly got pets, mounts, boosts and even something I never thought I d see in this game... buying gold.
    If you think this is where it stops with classic you are sadly mistaken. And this is the reason why people dont want to group with boosters.

Quote Originally Posted by Delever View Post
    The boost in itself is not the issue. The game requires 0 skill to play at classic/tbc level of play anyway. Leveling will not make you magically better. The notion of supporting such practices is the problem. It brings forth a cascading series of effects that will cripple their way into being the norm very very fast in a version of the game that did not include any.
    Do you remember how micro-transactions started? Helmets were added to the cash shop end of wrath. People started saying this was the first iteration to test the waters for micro-transactions and people were calling them madmen and irrational. Then we slowly got pets, mounts, boosts and even something I never thought I d see in this game... buying gold.
    If you think this is where it stops with classic you are sadly mistaken. And this is the reason why people dont want to group with boosters.
    It's literally a one time boost. You cannot do it more than once. So who cares? Blizzard wants to lower the entry barrier to Burning Crusade to get these people to play who didn't want to or who didn't have the time to play classic. Brining more people into the community.

Allowing access to players who don't feel that leveling for 100+ hours in irrelevant content is the epitome of fun is a good thing, not a bad thing.

Pretending that it's now already set in stone that buying boosts to 58 will become a baseline shop feature is fear mongering, nothing else.

Also, this is disgusting:

The notion of supporting such practices is the problem.
    You blame the community to take what is offered by blizzard and want to punish the players instead of unsubbing and actually punishing the company offering the services that you have a problem with? This is the definition of being toxic.
    Last edited by Tsarez; 2021-05-31 at 09:05 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow players being toxic? Well colour me surprised that’s new! /S

Community is a cesspit and always has been, I’ve heard so many stories like this - the helms, the sparkle pony.. the list is endless and elitist asshats will says find something to be toxic to other players about.

Having to level though classic is a ball ache - fuck that noise the option to 1 time boost isn’t a bad idea - not that I’ll be using it or playing TBC.

Glad I play FFXIV tbh it’s refreshing the difference in community is night and day.

And before I get flamed I still have a retail sub and still actively play the game because the small slice of community I am a part of is actually decent.
    Last edited by Jaelian; 2021-05-31 at 09:07 AM.

Hunter| Warlock | Shaman | Paladin
    "In the light.. We are one"

Harassment over deluxe edition should result in a ban? No, not really.
    What is certainly true is that the deluxe mount is an ugly mutation, and shouldn't be in the game.

This is literally retail M+ behavior creeping into a game that was supposed to be different.
    You can take the retail out of the game but you can't take the retail out of the player. :^)

10+ Year Old Account
    people shouldnt be banned for spitting on others and others shouldnt cry because people dont like their shiny $70 dollar mount. this sentiment of hating others for store bought shit started way back when they introduced those shitty transmog helms, which they did end up taking off the store but not likely due to the complaints. people will always bitch and moan about others buying cosmetic shit regardless of the game and they take it out on the people who partake in whatever dumb cosmetic shit is the latest trend. at the same time, the people who buy the dumb cosmetic shit will act like fucking pariahs and cry woe is me because someone else doesnt like the shiny pixels that they bought and dont even own.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

This is literally retail M+ behavior creeping into a game that was supposed to be different.
    Could you be so kind to link me where Blizzard states how Classic was/is supposed to be "different"?
    Could you also be so kind to link me where Blizzard states what criteria you are supposed to use when you make your own group, both in Retail and in Classic?

- - - Updated - - -

You don't have the right to be invited to other people's group.
    Other people can invite or not invite you on based on whatever criteria they want.

If someone doesn't want to invite boosted people to his group then Blizzard 100% supports him in that. Whether that is stupid or not is a completely different matter.

...here's a lovely idea, anyone harassing anybody over having the deluxe should quite possibly just grow up. Novel idea huh?

7+ Year Old Account
    Imagine defending paypigs.
    Imagine defending retards who buy 70$ cosmetics to a 15yo re-released game.
    Imagine defending whales that buy anything blizzard shits on the table.
    Keep it up.
    Let them feel the hate.
    Legion is the worst expansion
    BFA=Blizzard Failed Again
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment..._google_trend/

Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2 View Post
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    Im sick of playing with people who are to poor to afford cosmetic items in a 16 year old game.

People who are to poor not to buy them should ne banned until they buy them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    I have no respect for people who show how poor they are by not buying them. People who do not use microtransactions should be banned for clearly being to poor.
    I'm amazed that both of you think that not wanting to bring real money to buy things in a video game you allready have to buy and pay a monthly subscription for, is connected to being poor. While it's more like having a brain, self respect and values.

Quote Originally Posted by shoegazing View Post
    Yeah people spitting on boosted andies and dumb out of place toys and gimmicks, are totally the same thing as blaming rape victims. I really can't see any difference at all between these situations. This is a useful and informative analogy. I am good at #logic

Also if this model is from TBC, can you kindly inform me what steps were necessary to acquire this retail-looking mount in TBC?

Oh yeah and that gigantic, gaudy, hamfisted dark portal hearthstone, how could I have acquired that in TBC also please??
    1. its the same style of blaming the victim because "they asked for it"
    2. its not just /spitting, people are getting harrased on mass, being kicked from groups and ninja looted, all because they use a mount.

also how the fuck is it retail looking? its literally a fucking TBC model.
    also this hearthstone was literally in the TCG, of course added after TBC, but TBC had a giant hearthstone of its own, the ethereal hearthstone.

Do you literally ask people "what is your gear?" before you invite someone? I've been rejected because I've boosted the character, not because my gear is too low.
    If a 58 without a guild whispers you, you know they're boosted.
    It's pretty simple, i can't be arsed to check their gear, but not being 60 and wanting to get invited to a dungeon what most people only do at cap is certainly a red flag for being a boosted character.
    People with gear good enough to make a difference don't need it. You won't have many applicants with Raid gear wanting to join your UBRS/Strat/whatever group.
    People having a modicum of blue gear from BRD / LBRS / Quests / Craftables >> Boosted characters.
    Boosted character has trash gear, it goes hand in hand.
    If one managed to hit 60 and get a modicum of gear, that character is hardly different from a nonboosted character and thus i don't care.
    And they think that spending 100+ hours autoshotting mobs in the open world somehow makes you a better player and would magically prepare you for entry level dungeons. Flash news, it doesn't.
    I think it does, most people however have the assumption that everyone has inherit knowledge of the game, which is just not true.

People that leveled their characters organically at least encountered basic mechanics such as mobs running away = very bad or even something such as interrupts.
    It doesn't mean they mastered those mechanics, but i think there is a difference between fucking something up or actually learning a mechanics when you're in the dungeon.

After all, the the blockade of the boost is the willingness to pay up, not the completion of a basic trial.
    First off, a lot of people would have liked to see dungeon boosting fixed but it's strictly speaking authentic behavior on the game's part, Blizzard simply chose not to fix it.

Second, those people actually leveled characters that fast aren't the kind of people that pug dungeons, they likely join a guild / gdkp to gear up their Shaman / Pallies, they're completely out of the loop here.
    So even if some people would want to ostracize them, they would never get the chance.

Thirdly, people that get boosted usually farmed their gold on their main, so it's more of a catchup for alts, they also have the gold to purchase a modicum of items once their character hits the cap to be stronger than a boosted character.
    After all, they are familiar with gearing a character in classic and know where to easily grab some solid upgrades.

Buying something such as Devilsaur set is a huge upgrade for any Melee dps, but the prices at which the set sells aren't that easy to buy for a person that has no Classic gold on their account, especially as now most people hoard their gold like dragons.

For example, i did Strat Live with a Ret Pally yesterday who was 60, he wore some craftable items, AV Spear and other decent BoE's.
    Overall, did reasonable damage, was a solid guy, 10/10 would invite again.

I'm not defending dungeon boosting, but it needs to be reiterated that it's frankly an unintended loophole that gets mercilessly exploited by players (because the most degenerate boosting always abuses some form of pathing issue), altough people that abuse it are primarily people that have already played Classic extensively, because buying boosts especially right now sure as shit is not cheap.

Finally, while not related to dungeons itself, boosted characters are an absolute plague in Bg's.
    When you enter a battleground and see 1/3 of your team is a boosted character, you know you already lost, any remotely Classic geared character just cuts them down like a scythe goes through weed.
    Especially on Horde side where you have queues around 20 minutes, that just stings very badly and absolutely fuels a very negative sentiment towards boosted characters.

I don't care about boosted characters in AV, but in WSG / AB, those characters are just deadweight and absolutely ruin my experience.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2021-05-31 at 10:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vash The Stampede View Post
    A. Classic has more players than Retail so shut it.
    B. I came from private servers and can go right back. Monetization doesn't keep classic alive, but my desire to play the game does.
    C. If Blizzard didn't bring back classic then they risk losing their copyright, due to private servers. They had no choice but to bring it back.
    A: source pls
    B: then why do you play on classic servers anyway? blizz is such a naughty naughty company, why do you support this? dont you have any principles?
    C: wrong. they just need to DEFEND their ip. they could just sue every private server and their rights would be protected. no need for their own servers.