Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    I don't think you understand what "being a judge in your own case" even is.
    If you argue that people should be able to weigh how much they've been wronged by another person, you violate that principle, because others need to judge it, not themselves.

You can dance around it all you like, that doesn't make false.
    If someone goes up to you and says "I don't like you!" and you develop a depression because of it, you won't find a court that's going to take action against this person, no matter how much go on how horribly he wronged you.
    because their goal is to make someone feel bad for making the purchase. You arguing against that makes completely no sense in this context.
    Yes, and?
    The same way someone can walk up to me that i should feel bad for wearing blue T-Shirts, because he doesn't like them.
    I just shrug and move on, the intent in both instances is the same.

Quote Originally Posted by WaltherLeopold View Post
    It's not hypocrisy, i've outright said I don't want you playing my videogame. Making people feel bad or uneasy isn't a sign of emotional immaturity or believing in conspiracy theories lol.

Should add, i'm not making anyone feel anyhow, taking offense to being spat on in a videogame is a choice.
    Making people want to feel bad means you're a dick, plain and simple. And also, making people feel bad is harassment. Glad you finally admitted it. You spent a lot of time here arguing that people who think /spit is a form or harassment are somehow wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Delever View Post
    Or you know... maybe think about how the world has evolved from casually laughing this off 17 years back to now being triggered by a /spit.
    There will always be people that will laugh it off, potentially the vast majority, but there will also always be (and always have been) people who will feel hurt. This has not changed. The only thing that changes, and it's a good thing, is that these days more and more people are starting to acknowledge that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    If you argue that people should be able to weigh how much they've been wronged by another person, you violate that principle, because others need to judge it, not themselves.

You can dance around it all you like, that doesn't make false.
    If someone goes up to you and says "I don't like you!" and you develop a depression because of it, you won't find a court that's going to take action against this person, no matter how much go on how horribly he wronged you.

Yes, and?
    The same way someone can walk up to me that i should feel bad for wearing blue T-Shirts, because he doesn't like them.
    I just shrug and move on, the intent in both instances is the same.
    Not everything in life follows the rules set for courts and the legal system and not everything can be solved with a law of country X. A person can definitely bully another person in ways that would escape the justice system - would that mean the person is not being a dick and a bully? Of course not. The difference between law of a country and rules in a game is that the latter can be more easily changed. And should be, if there's such a need.

Also - sure, saying something completely harmless and wearing a t-shirt is the same as an act of clearly targeted harassment that everyone in their right mind (including the people doing it) acknowledges as harassment. I'm clearly walking out of this thread with a much-much longer ignore-list, that's for sure
    Last edited by Azerate; 2021-05-31 at 06:17 PM.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

I think I’m most surprised that anyone still has emotes showing in their chat window anyway.

"wahh wahh people are emoting at me, ban them blizzard QQ"

Really? Get a thicker skin.

Making people want to feel bad means you're a dick, plain and simple. And also, making people feel bad is harassment. Glad you finally admitted it. You spent a lot of time here arguing that people who think /spit is a form or harassment are somehow wrong.

There will always be people that will laugh it off, potentially the vast majority, but there will also always be (and always have been) people who will feel hurt. This has not changed. The only thing that changes, and it's a good thing, is that these days more and more people are starting to acknowledge that.
    So just so we are all on the same page here because I feel like I m going insane. We are talking about people using the /spit emote without following up with whispers/death threats etc which is actual harassment correct? And also choosing to not group with said people without telling them anything or cursing etc?
    Because a lot of you here are hard virtue signaling in your attempt to gain moral points in 2021 by validating every insanely sensitive reaction people have. This is actually incredibly belittling and disrespectful to actual victims of harassment and does more to harm them than actually helping. If people are getting legitimately hurt over a random in WoW /spitting on them they need to seek help and I m saying this not to "victim blame" but because they actually need help to function in this world.

Quote Originally Posted by The Oblivion View Post
    the best thing we can do about this, is buy MORE micro transaction when they come. so we get more, and more, and more. keep these cry babies in their basements lmfao
    "haha I'm blowing hundreds of dollars on virtual pixels, u mad?"

Yikes.

I spit on any1 that ganks me if your 60 killing my lvl 30 i am gunna spit on you hell id spit on you in real life given the chance lol i could careless about ppl spitting on me over a mount tho sorry your poor son kek.

Quote Originally Posted by Clarinet View Post
    foxxy is basically no longer a fox - more like a badger this game

Quote Originally Posted by Zypherz View Post

Frankly, I'm surprised more people haven't asked for gear boosts. After all, having gear doesn't mean you can clear the content right? Why do you care if someone else has BIS gear, how does it affect you (/s)? Gear is an inevitability in the same way that max level is if you just play the game. The big difference being that having 60 levels on a player has much more impact than having a few item levels does.
    Goodness gracious this disingenuous slippery slope is as tired today as it was when people first started claiming the sky was falling when they put the celestial steed on the store. And those stupid hats. Has the sky fallen?

Quote Originally Posted by perkocet View Post
    Goodness gracious this disingenuous slippery slope is as tired today as it was when people first started claiming the sky was falling when they put the celestial steed on the store. And those stupid hats. Has the sky fallen?
    Has it not gotten far worse?

Please link me to the BIS gear you can get off the Blizzard Shop. I have all day so take your time!

Please link me to the BIS gear you can get off the Blizzard Shop. I have all day so take your time!
    >Purchase token
    >Sell for gold
    >Buy Mythic Nathria loot run

There ya go

Harassment, really? I see it as PvP tbh. Just like ganking someone in felwood, /spitting on you, makes you my content.

>Purchase token
    >Sell for gold
    >Buy Mythic Nathria loot run

There ya go
    How is this linking what I asked you to? I love the quick and confident response though.

It has, because the people who are mad about it do stupid shit like this instead of taking a meaningful action, like quitting the game and telling blizzard why, then sticking to that.

If they lost players in droves to game store stuff they'd stop, but instead you fools drum up controversy, draw more attention to their paid services, make buying store mounts some kind of moral issue people can stand on both sides of (which I'm betting helps sales more than hurts), and keep right on paying them.

And in like a week you poor things will run out of steam and move on to whatever the next thing you want to ineffectually protest is.

How is this linking what I asked you to? I love the quick and confident response though.
    You want me to provide you the link for the token? Like the fuck you on about?
    I was 100% sure you d reply this exact thing just so you re not proven wrong.
    Just because the gear is not DIRECTLY sold according to you it has not gotten worse? because that was my original question.

Are people here seriously validating the idea of:

"Is totally ok to tell people to harass someone or a group if is harmless"

What could possibly go wrong? Is harmless, right?
    Are you new to planet earth or something?

Quote Originally Posted by The Oblivion View Post
    the best thing we can do about this, is buy MORE micro transaction when they come. so we get more, and more, and more. keep these cry babies in their basements lmfao
    Yes please, let's make it a battle. You swipe your credit time every time I /spit you in game. Let's see who runs out of resources first.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaktar View Post
    It has, because the people who are mad about it do stupid shit like this instead of taking a meaningful action, like quitting the game and telling blizzard why, then sticking to that.

If they lost players in droves to game store stuff they'd stop, but instead you fools drum up controversy, draw more attention to their paid services, make buying store mounts some kind of moral issue people can stand on both sides of (which I'm betting helps sales more than hurts), and keep right on paying them.

And in like a week you poor things will run out of steam and move on to whatever the next thing you want to ineffectually protest is.
    That's because people who are butthurt over cosmetic mtx are a strict minority of loud assholes. Them leaving means nothing so they are trying to make noise instead. Toxicity always gets more attention. The vast majority either doesn't care and doesn't buy, or buys something from time to time and plays the game.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

I cant wait til the token ends up in NA for classic fuck all the whiners

Quote Originally Posted by Clarinet View Post
    foxxy is basically no longer a fox - more like a badger this game

A person can definitely bully another person in ways that would escape the justice system - would that mean the person is not being a dick and a bully?
    The point is that attempting constrain such a behavior is unnecessarily restrictive and ultimately not forceable.
    Of course not. The difference between law of a country and rules in a game is that the latter can be more easily changed. And should be, if there's such a need.
    Because it's damn stupid to do so.
    What do you expect Blizzard to do?
    Ban everyone that uses the /spit emote?
    So if someone steals herbs in front of me, i type /spit, i am going to receive a temporary ban / warning?

Sure sounds just.

What are the other options, remove the /spit emote?
    Okay, then people will just type "/e spits on you" in the future.

What then, ban that as well?
    Okay, people will use /insult.

Sounds like an amazing plan.
    Also - sure, saying something completely harmless and wearing a t-shirt is the same as an act of clearly targeted harassment that everyone in their right mind (including the people doing it) acknowledges as harassment.
    That person clearly targets people wear a blue shirt and no sane person will take action against it in an enviroment where the option exists to remove any interaction with that person (=ignore list).
    I'm clearly walking out of this thread with a much-much longer ignore-list, that's for sure
    Imagine employing this strategy in WoW, odd concept, i know.