3+ Year Old Account

Blook DK appreciation thread

I have played every tank, blood DK is the last one I've levelled (at level 52 thus far) and I think, my favorite.

It's really fun.

We have a shitload of cooldowns for every situation.

Taking lots of physical damage? Icebound fortitude for 30% flat damage reduction for 10 seconds (and no stuns), and Rune tap for another 20% which you can use twice. Dancing rune weapon when necessary for even more protection. Magic damage? Anti magic shell for a big absorb, Anti magic zone for another 20% reduction. Also can summon a ghoul and sacrifice it for another 25% hp boost.

That's not even including the self healing. Pop Vampiric blood and a couple Blood boils and Death strikes and you're back to 100% hp. With Will of the necropolis we take 30% less damage when under 30% hp. Once you're that low a couple self heals and you're good to go. I love the synergy between Bonestorm and Swarming mists (venthyr ability). Get to max runic power, hit Bonestorm to get your healing up, then Swarming mists to get your runic power back up. Best of both worlds. It's also a good times to Door of shadows into a group of mobs to take them on.

Then there's the taunts and interrupts. We have 2 taunts, Dark command and Death grip (awesome for casters). And 3 interrupts which are all RANGED! Death grip can interrupt, along with Mind freeze and Asphyxiate. All can be done from 15 yards out.

Most agree we're the least mobile tank, but are we really? Death's advance increases our movement speed by 35% for 10 seconds and during this time nothing can drop our movement speed to less than 100%. Only a 45sec cooldown. Grip of the dead might be the best snare in the game, enemies in our Death and decay are slowed by 90%. We also have Chains of ice to slow individual targets by 70%.

All in all having a lot of fun playing Blood DK. I only play casually so I can't comment on high end content like mythic +15 but for me it's really fun so far.

Hope you are all enjoying it as well!
    Last edited by Niratias; 2021-06-12 at 03:50 PM.
    Blood DK

10+ Year Old Account
    Not much of which really helps in high-end content. As you are lvling, of course it's fun, it's invincible. But once you get out of there? Meh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Blood is fun, but hard to play at high levels due to squishyness and lack of mobility. Damage is also low these days. You have to know where to use your CD's and you have to be fast on reactions so you get the most self healing. Also, bouncing HP gives you a heart attack as the healer, which needs to be aware of your runic power to know when you are in serious trouble.
    There have been 2 damage buffs already, but the problem, imo is that none of the legendaries is very good.

But, definitly fun. I like it a lot. Just seems to bounce between OP and weak easily.

death knight was fun on some xpac, i hope they give us back the Dark Simulacrum, breath sindragosa for tank, buff our damage on some skills like death coil etc
    our only point is our self heal based on damage taken, but just it, even our mastery sucks, heart strike only hit 2 mobs, bone shield is good, but Marrowrend sucks in aoe

even with grip + taunt you will have problems in mythic +, death strike is amazing but useless for damage rotation, because you cant risk use your runic power to damage and die when need runic power

I got all tanks with mythic 15+, my main dk got every dugeon on 18's (all done in one week), but i just want to do more, like on WoD expansion

some specs are not just so fun, but its the same for almost every spec, it hard to see ppl playing the whole xpac in same spec
    Last edited by Guidance; 2021-05-31 at 02:29 AM.

enjoy while you dont engange high end content

You have to go Kul Tiran, so you can haymaker a mob away and then death grip them back before they land.

Until you do that, you haven't experienced everything DK has to offer........
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Niratias View Post
    Most agree we're the least mobile tank, but are we really? Death's advance increases our movement speed by 35% for 10 seconds and during this time nothing can drop our movement speed to less than 100%. Only a 45sec cooldown. Grip of the might be the best snare in the game, enemies in our Death and decay are slowed by 90%. We also have Chains of ice to slow individual targets by 70%.
    They really are the least mobile though; monks have multiple charges of an instant dash, paladins have a multiple charge better move speed buff, warriors have a multiple charge instant gap closer and another leap, druids have a gap closer and groupwide move speed buff, and DH have a multiple charge gap closer that also does DPS.

Grip of the Dead's slow also decays over the duration of your Death and Decay so while it's extremely potent at the start it rapidly falls off and becomes nothing special unless you know how to game it properly with moving mobs into it right before the DnD expires to get the max slow to stay on them the entire time, but that's a whole different ball game of optimization that most people don't want to mess with.

Blood DK is very FUN to play, and probably my favorite tank overall as well. It's just unfortunately not as powerful as the other tanks for the most part. Lack of mobility in a meta where kiting larger packs of mobs is the preferred method of clearing higher keys means that they're not going to be as useful in high end M+ dungeons and other tanks are far better at taking and mitigating hits when it comes to raiding as well. Blood can have solid AoE damage, especially as a Venthyr specced into Bonestorm but the other tanks can do more damage as well. There's really not much outside of personal healing that blood does better than any other tank honestly, and even then you'd be better off just mitigating the damage in the first place most of the time.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by orgonutil View Post
    enjoy while you dont engange high end content
    Fair enough. However, I defeated Ragnaros, Nefarion and C'Thun in OG Vanilla. I tanked +15's as a Druid in Battle for Azeroth.

These days I'm getting older and just want to play the game for you know, fun. So probably just heroics, LFR and quests. So far, really enjoying it.
    Last edited by Niratias; 2021-05-31 at 08:40 PM.
    Blood DK

BDK has quite a few issues at the moment compared to other specs. A lot is tied into the gutting of our mastery like this video explains.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_RH...OxLVWq94AaABAg

Quote Originally Posted by Niratias View Post
    Fair enough. However, I defeated Ragnaros, Nefarion and C'Thun in OG Vanilla. I tanked +15's as a Druid in Battle for Azeroth.

These days I'm getting older and just want to play the game for you know, fun. So probably just heroics, LFR and quests. So far, really enjoying it.
    Ah good, then you won't have any issues. Enjoy

I really liked the style and background of the DK, I fully intended to main it in SLs, but reality was sobering.

The dungeons were horribly tuned for Tanks, with mobs killing you in seconds if you facetank and that was especially true for the DK (with low armor), which is really not a class fitting the Kiting Meta we have atm (low mobility and need to be in melee for Boneshield and Death Strike). The result was that DHs with their hopping around are the kings of Tanking M+, while the Juggernaut of Death was doomed to either play an extremely hectic playstyle by more or less facetanking and healing as fast as the GCD allowed or being sidelined.

Things have changed a bit since then, but the general problems still remain and the damage is done. Personally, after trying Monk tanking again and feeling still very squishy in M+ I gave up on the role. Blizzard obviously screwed up the tuning in M+ with damage being so insane that few Tanks can handle it at all.

I switched to the other side of the ilse and keep tanks alive as healer now. Much more relaxing.

my current gripe with BDK isnt that its undertuned or not meta.
    Its that 100% of its itemization comes from PvP, but zero effort is being made to make the spec PvP comfortable.

In fact, its being lazily nerfed in PvP via coding shortcuts intended to nerf Frost/Unholy in 9.1.
    Strangulate range, Aura Range, and deletion of Transfusion(This talent NEEDS to be moved to Blood)
    Just lazy coding. They arent even keeping Blood in mind whatsoever, even though PvP is where our gear comes from.

I have been trying quite hard for the past few months to put attention on this conundrum. Blood DK NEEDS Transfusion, so that it can be realistically PvP playable(Not neccesarily "meta", but playable.).

Make Forum posts bois.
    Give BDK Transfusion.

SL is too main spec centric to just turn around and say "PvP as Frost to get the gear you need for Blood.". That is unacceptable.