View Poll Results: At what time will classic-first 70 happen?

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • By 7 pm PDT June 1 (hax)

    1 1.59%
  • By 8 pm

    2 3.17%
  • 10 pm

    4 6.35%
  • Midnight June 2

    19 30.16%
  • 2 am

    6 9.52%
  • 4 am

    1 1.59%
  • 6 am

    7 11.11%
  • 8 am

    1 1.59%
  • 10 am

    2 3.17%
  • Noon

    8 12.70%
  • 2 pm

    1 1.59%
  • 4 pm

    3 4.76%
  • 6 pm

    1 1.59%
  • 8 pm

    0 0%
  • 10 pm

    0 0%
  • Midnight June 3

    1 1.59%
  • Before Noon June 3

    2 3.17%
  • After Noon June 3

    1 1.59%
  • June 4

    1 1.59%
  • June 5 or later

    2 3.17%
Page 1 of 4
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    At what time will classic-first 70 happen?

    Answers in real life time and date so server stability is a factor.
    17 hazed on the Golemagg "cinematic": https://i.imgur.com/nlZM3cj.jpg

  2. #2
    Scarab Lord
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    4,959
    6-8 hours after servers come back up I reckon. There will be a group who have their route planned out to a T and will easily do it in that time

  3. #3
    I have such a hard time writing intelligent poll choices because I'm not a speed runner or follow those circles, and the strategies have evolved SO much. But I also have to throw in a few options for the servers not even being up.
    17 hazed on the Golemagg "cinematic": https://i.imgur.com/nlZM3cj.jpg

  4. #4
    probably at around 9-10

    all quest ready is almost 62 then 8 level mob tagging and grinding gg

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Uselessrouge View Post
    probably at around 9-10

    all quest ready is almost 62 then 8 level mob tagging and grinding gg
    All quest ready is almost 62? 60-62 is over a million exp, what quests give 40k exp each? Full Vanilla quests giving even 61 is a stretch, as that requires 25 quests that all give 20k each, and I'm not aware of a single quest that does that.

  6. #6
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Location
    Huelva (Spain)
    Posts
    442
    That no lifer Jokerd will be 70 in the first day.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Nak88 View Post
    That no lifer Jokerd will be 70 in the first day.
    Half of my guild will be 70 in the first day and we are a casual raiding guild. It's really just grinding a bunch of dungeons for 12ish hours straight and that's it.

    The winner is probably going to be some guy who has 50 friends running around with him. Maybe 8ish hours?
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    All quest ready is almost 62? 60-62 is over a million exp, what quests give 40k exp each? Full Vanilla quests giving even 61 is a stretch, as that requires 25 quests that all give 20k each, and I'm not aware of a single quest that does that.
    You just farm quest items that don't require you to have the quest in your quest log. Take quest and instantly turn it in on tbc release...

  9. #9
    Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    5,932
    Rofl 8 hours. You might be mixing it with modern wow.
    None will do it under maybe 20 hours and that is with lots of help form others so I don´t even consider it real.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    All quest ready is almost 62? 60-62 is over a million exp, what quests give 40k exp each? Full Vanilla quests giving even 61 is a stretch, as that requires 25 quests that all give 20k each, and I'm not aware of a single quest that does that.
    You haven't prepared much for TBC releases, have you? I have over 50 quests worth of turn in to do on launch, and i'm not even close to being amongst the crazy prepared ones. Many have calculated that they are going to be halfway into lvl61 30min after launch from turning in quests all over the world, with summoning team at every corner of the world.

    I think a speedrunner will get this done under 4 hours. After seeing how insanely fast some people managed to kill Ragnaros 2 years ago, If Magtheridon/Gruul/Kara isnt cleared within 12 hours, i'll be dissappointed.

  11. #11
    Merely a Setback Queen of Hamsters's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    I commute between Sweden and Crown Falls.
    Posts
    28,433
    I don't really have a grasp on this, tbf. Prior to Classic's release, I knew full well that the speed record on Pservers was 4 days, so I could go with that as the timespan in which someone driven would reach 60.

    TBC has just 10 levels to get through and I've never really discussed Pserver culture for TBC, so no idea... I'mma just put out a wild stab and say 12 hours.

    I'm more interested to see how much attention it'll be getting on Twitch. Another 1-million viewership record?

    Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    Rofl 8 hours. You might be mixing it with modern wow.
    None will do it under maybe 20 hours and that is with lots of help form others so I don´t even consider it real.
    ...

    Reaching max level is objective, no matter how they got there, as long as it was done within what's possible by the rules of the game.

    Also, Classic says hi. People were vastly overestimating how much time it'd take to reach 60 for the grinders. TBC doesn't even have half the levels nor zones of Classic.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2021-06-01 at 12:43 PM.
    Liberté, égalité, fraternité
    ⭑・゚゚・*:༅。.。༅:*゚:*:✼✿ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ✿✼:*゚:༅。.。༅:*・゚ ゚・⭑
    "I need to boycott Blizzard!! I know, I'll go play an MMORPG made by Amazon instead! Hurr durr!"

  12. #12
    I mean this is totally important lmao
    Who hasn't prepared for this moment to be the first level capped player in 14 year old game that has a life span of 24 months?
    Major priority

  13. #13
    Around 10-12 hours assuming a group can kill around 10-15 mobs per minute in an instance.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    All quest ready is almost 62? 60-62 is over a million exp, what quests give 40k exp each? Full Vanilla quests giving even 61 is a stretch, as that requires 25 quests that all give 20k each, and I'm not aware of a single quest that does that.
    There are some quests that don't need to be picked up beforehand, like turning in the gear tokens for zg, cloth turn in quests. But yeah, close to 62 is pretty unlikely.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Nak88 View Post
    That no lifer Jokerd will be 70 in the first day.
    His job is streaming though?

  15. #15
    so.. 12Am = 00:00 right?

    So 7pm should be 0700.. but apparently its 1900? Why are measuring time in boiled hotdogs per baseball game again?

    Im guessing sub 20hours for "normal" leveling (not group effort to level 1 guy like out of group tagging and stuff like that, thats an irrelevant feat imo).

    What is really interesting is the fastest solo or group that reaches 70. i think 20 hours should be doable for an organized very fast dungeon group, will be interesting to see.

    Then theres also the possibility of some insane solo farming from mages. Judging from videos seen of some slavepen pulls, i think a solo mage could be beating even the superorganized dungeon groups.
    Last edited by Aphrel; 2021-06-01 at 01:23 PM.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Bramickias View Post
    You haven't prepared much for TBC releases, have you? I have over 50 quests worth of turn in to do on launch, and i'm not even close to being amongst the crazy prepared ones. Many have calculated that they are going to be halfway into lvl61 30min after launch from turning in quests all over the world, with summoning team at every corner of the world.

    I think a speedrunner will get this done under 4 hours. After seeing how insanely fast some people managed to kill Ragnaros 2 years ago, If Magtheridon/Gruul/Kara isnt cleared within 12 hours, i'll be dissappointed.
    30 min lmao its gonna take you hours to hand all those quests in. its a waste of time and was proven so on the beta.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by owbu View Post
    Half of my guild will be 70 in the first day and we are a casual raiding guild. It's really just grinding a bunch of dungeons for 12ish hours straight and that's it.

    The winner is probably going to be some guy who has 50 friends running around with him. Maybe 8ish hours?
    then you would be 70 the second day not the first

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Uselessrouge View Post
    probably at around 9-10

    all quest ready is almost 62 then 8 level mob tagging and grinding gg
    you and 5k other ppl good luck
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Batman View Post
    Sounds like a euphemism for real life. We throw money at the rich, in hopes that we will someday be rich, and then we get hookers to piss on us. That's what trickle down economics really is.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Bramickias View Post
    You haven't prepared much for TBC releases, have you? I have over 50 quests worth of turn in to do on launch, and i'm not even close to being amongst the crazy prepared ones. Many have calculated that they are going to be halfway into lvl61 30min after launch from turning in quests all over the world, with summoning team at every corner of the world.

    I think a speedrunner will get this done under 4 hours. After seeing how insanely fast some people managed to kill Ragnaros 2 years ago, If Magtheridon/Gruul/Kara isnt cleared within 12 hours, i'll be dissappointed.
    I don't think 12 hours is possible but speed runners may do a 24 hour clear on Karazhan.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    I don't really have a grasp on this, tbf. Prior to Classic's release, I knew full well that the speed record on Pservers was 4 days, so I could go with that as the timespan in which someone driven would reach 60.

    TBC has just 10 levels to get through and I've never really discussed Pserver culture for TBC, so no idea... I'mma just put out a wild stab and say 12 hours.

    I'm more interested to see how much attention it'll be getting on Twitch. Another 1-million viewership record?



    ...

    Reaching max level is objective, no matter how they got there, as long as it was done within what's possible by the rules of the game.

    Also, Classic says hi. People were vastly overestimating how much time it'd take to reach 60 for the grinders. TBC doesn't even have half the levels nor zones of Classic.
    The guys that got 60 early did it using an exploit. There was a problem with dungeons allowing raid groups in and the exp not being penalized. I can't remember the exact details of this but this contributed greatly to how fast people leveled up.

  18. #18
    Bloodsail Admiral MuricaIsDead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    The 3rd World
    Posts
    1,087
    Imagine thinking this matters... Especially the 2nd time around...

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Skandulous View Post





    then you would be 70 the second day not the first
    We have 24 hours here in Germany since we start at 0:00 not sure who and where jokerd is and if the guy I quoted meant something else than 24h.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

  20. #20
    Probably 6-8 hours.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •