View Poll Results: What do you think will happen/want to happen?

Voters
178. You may not vote on this poll
  • Classic+

    32 17.98%
  • Cata with changes

    20 11.24%
  • Stop after WoTLK

    95 53.37%
  • None/other (reply!)

    31 17.42%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
... LastLast
  1. #21
    Dreadlord
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    8.6 LY away from home
    Posts
    930
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    The only thing "classic" means is it denotes the re-release of an old expansion. Yall are just adding weird meanings of your own to the definition that it has nothing to do with.

    They could just keep re-releasing older expansions, if there is enough demand, and calling them "X Classic" up to Shadowlands Classic. It has absolutely nothing to do with any of these weird criteria
    you have it backward.

    BLIZZARD'S use of 'classic' is incorrect. Those of us that are using it to denote the game that maintained the 'essence' of vanilla, are using it correctly.

    You probably wouldn't understand. You're likely the type that doesn't see an apple when they close their eyes and think of the word 'apple'... Just a black hole of emptiness where an imagination possibly once existed...

    TL;DR: the word classic =/= revamp.

  2. #22
    Herald of the Titans Dartz1979's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Azeroth
    Posts
    2,912
    I would love to see transmog be a mainstay feature for every version of the game would be nice.
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

    Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by The-Shan View Post
    ...
    Cata was ok by it's end. It's Vanilla's character power + WotLK level of damage in 4.0-4.1, that was terrible. If Blizzard would completely skip first raid tier and give appropriate gear to players while leveling - Cata would be 100% ok. But MOP Classic without modifications isn't possible, yeah.

  4. #24
    Hey... it's this thread again.

  5. #25
    Classic+ just isn't happening. It would require Blizzard to create content for both modern WoW and "Classic+". Considering how fucking awful the last 2 expansions have been, they're not going to make Classic+

  6. #26
    Banned sam86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    WORST country on earth (aka egypt)
    Posts
    7,980
    i doubt they will continue with Cata, they will either risk and go to MoP immediately (which may be success), or just stop completely
    But if they go cata it will mostly kill classic
    As for new updates to old exps, don't see that ever, at best they will just leave those servers up forever, just keeping server and its maintenance costs too low to bother remove it

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Cata was ok by it's end. It's Vanilla's character power + WotLK level of damage in 4.0-4.1, that was terrible. If Blizzard would completely skip first raid tier and give appropriate gear to players while leveling - Cata would be 100% ok. But MOP Classic without modifications isn't possible, yeah.
    while i didn't play Cata after its first patch, Dragon Soul is easily and obviously the worst raid in warcraft history with least effort done in it
    So how exactly was cata good by its end when it holds the record of worst raid ever? And also i don't know pvp by end patch, i know that even its 2nd patch (firelands) frost mages were still broken OP and dominate 1v1
    Heck at launch in Cata u win or lose cata 'wintergrasp' version depending which faction has more frost mages, they were that broken

  7. #27
    "Cata with Changes" makes no sense, as it was the zones and raids that made Cata fall on its face, not any system designs. How do you change Cata without completely redesigning Dragon Soul from the ground up?

    Classic+ isn't happening, either. Anything that requires actual dev time simply isn't going to happen. They already can't keep up with retail development, I don't think adding another niche product to their to-do list is a good idea. People would be more than happy to keep playing Vanilla-WotLK seasonal realms... which is basically free for Blizzard to implement.

  8. #28
    I will return to WoW when Classic launches Mists of Pandaria without the WoW Token, which was the point where I quit.

    Until then, I don't care.

  9. #29
    Merely a Setback Queen of Hamsters's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    I commute between Sweden and Crown Falls.
    Posts
    28,410
    They can stop at MoP Classic. I'm trying TBC, not bothering with WOTLK, Cata? Umm... No, but MoP? Yes. I'd spend considerable amounts of time up in there.

    Quote Originally Posted by greysaber View Post
    Eventually, the original wow/storyline is going to end/run out of story.

    I mean, what else is there after this? Blizzard should completely revamp the entire post-wrath story. Complete rewrite and different direction, starting with skipping deathwing, pandas and time travel; scrap all that and go straight to legion after Wrath.
    No thank you, MoP was amazing, for those of us not bothered by/able to see past the Pandaren.
    Liberté, égalité, fraternité
    ⭑・゚゚・*:༅。.。༅:*゚:*:✼✿ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ✿✼:*゚:༅。.。༅:*・゚ ゚・⭑
    "I need to boycott Blizzard!! I know, I'll go play an MMORPG made by Amazon instead! Hurr durr!"

  10. #30
    Their endgame will most likely be to create a classic option for all previous expansions and then add the migration option to live when a new expansion is launched, to instantly "archive" the current expansion and give players choice. essentially after that happens, expansions left behind just need automated responses for tickets and basic life support which is minimal and blizz can just forget about them while focusing on the main game.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    while i didn't play Cata after its first patch, Dragon Soul is easily and obviously the worst raid in warcraft history with least effort done in it
    So how exactly was cata good by its end when it holds the record of worst raid ever? And also i don't know pvp by end patch, i know that even its 2nd patch (firelands) frost mages were still broken OP and dominate 1v1
    Heck at launch in Cata u win or lose cata 'wintergrasp' version depending which faction has more frost mages, they were that broken
    It had lazy design, yeah, but it's game and in most cased gameplay >> design. At least it was playable. It's much worse, when ton of effort is put into making game, but there is no actual game to play.

  12. #32
    Cata but no world revamp. Give us an endgame hub, and the water raid alongside Firelands. Give us a proper redo of Dragon Soul. Have us fight DW's human form after the back fight. Something cool. No pixie dust Kamehameha.

    And most importantly - NO forcing DK specs into singular roles. Let them be tank/DPS.
    Last edited by Stardrift; 2021-06-02 at 05:22 AM.

  13. #33
    1 classic version per expansion
    how hard is it to realize

  14. #34
    It cost them almost nothing to keep going. They’re literally just moving the older games to an updated engine and re-releasing shit.

    I would not be the slightest bit surprised if they keep going and going.

    Why wouldn’t they? It’s basically free money with little to no downside.

  15. #35

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by greysaber View Post
    you have it backward.

    BLIZZARD'S use of 'classic' is incorrect. Those of us that are using it to denote the game that maintained the 'essence' of vanilla, are using it correctly.

    You probably wouldn't understand. You're likely the type that doesn't see an apple when they close their eyes and think of the word 'apple'... Just a black hole of emptiness where an imagination possibly once existed...

    TL;DR: the word classic =/= revamp.
    "Classic" is an opinion of taste. There is no such thing as a wrong opinion of taste.

    Not that any of your prattle matters. World of Warcraft Classic is corporate branding and can be pretty much whatever it wants.

  17. #37
    Banned sam86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    WORST country on earth (aka egypt)
    Posts
    7,980
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    It had lazy design, yeah, but it's game and in most cased gameplay >> design. At least it was playable. It's much worse, when ton of effort is put into making game, but there is no actual game to play.
    so which raid is worse than DS ?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo03 View Post
    It cost them almost nothing to keep going. They’re literally just moving the older games to an updated engine and re-releasing shit.

    I would not be the slightest bit surprised if they keep going and going.

    Why wouldn’t they? It’s basically free money with little to no downside.
    its mmo game, so it still risks
    the risk here is diving classic players even more, we already see that some players will stay vanilla while some go TBC, now add wrath and u'll get some stay classic and tbc
    Now get cata - an exp already no one requesting - and u divide playerbase even more, it will reach degree where u can't even form a raid team
    imo they should skip cata and go to MoP directly, then skip WoD and go to Legion directly, then stop (I admit WoD did have great raids, but the exp is still so hated that even re-release it is a big risk)
    And at that rate doubt anyone will request SL-classic again either

  18. #38
    I think they will stop at Wrath because that’s the end of the classic era of WoW. But I hope they continue onto Classic Mists of Pandaria, even though I don’t see there being a lot of interest in a classic cataclysm

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Stardrift View Post
    Cata but no world revamp.
    Is this possible? The leveling zones were added onto the map during the revamp. How would they add say Gilneas + worgen without editing silver pine forest in anyway?? Add gobs but not edit Orgrimmar or Azshara? Just wouldn’t work.
    avatar by artist astri lohne

  19. #39
    Its not really realistic to expect them to go on after WoTLK for mainly 2 reasons:

    1.) While there are clearly audiences that want these later expansions its pretty clear that the demand is nowhere near the same and pservers are a good indication. Mists and cata had been almost perfected in pservers and were still not popular enough eventually leading to closure.

    2.) The excessive fragmentation of the playerbase. We re already seeing this happen with TBC and classic. While its still the early days and the hype train is pouring into TBC, I doubt classic will reach amazing numbers again. Some people will however go back to classic eventually thus splitting the playerbase between 2 expansions. When adding WoTLK into the mix this will push the split even further and each subsequent expansion after would do the same. The only way I would see this working is via progression servers ala EQ.

  20. #40
    My bet is they'll do what they did for BC and keep some servers locked to previous xpac. By the time Cata or MOP hits, there'll be servers for each xpac that people can choose to play on.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •