Page 74 of 113 FirstFirst ...
24
64
72
73
74
75
76
84
... LastLast
  1. #1461
    Quote Originally Posted by Hauzhi View Post
    Ye. You get the rating but you arent winning anything.
    Someone else is carrying that person in the arena.
    When they leave the arena to the open world, its just a loser with high rating.

    And buying tokens for gold to buy gear to make quests its the ultimate definition of loser. I dont understand why you worry about p2w to make quests. Since everyone can make those.

    Anyway. From your arguments I can just guess you are either to young or delusional.

    Beeing a winner its not about "getting there", its more about "how you do it".
    yeah no, that's just your opinion not grounded in fact, reality or the clearly defined meaning of certain words.

  2. #1462
    Immortal Nnyco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Haomarush
    Posts
    7,707
    Quote Originally Posted by Stardrift View Post
    So what you mean is.. the game is pay to win lmao. Buy currency that buys you power. As in.. like.. buying something.. to win..? The stretching and strawmanning in this thread is pretty funny.
    He said while simultaneously stretching the strawman.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

  3. #1463
    The Undying Gehco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    FEEL THE WRATH OF MY SPANNER!!
    Posts
    33,668
    Good morning, so we're now at the following within the ToS...

    ... It is direct P2W to purchase a boost from the shop.
    ... It is indirect P2W to purchase a token from the shop.
    ... It is indirect P2W to sell a token from the shop.
    ... It is indirect P2W to purchase a token from the auction house.
    ... It is indirect P2W to convert a token from the auction.
    ... It is indirect P2W to receive gold that has been generated from the sales of a token via the sale of a different item.
    ... It is indirect P2W to use the token to buy game-time, thus forcing your P2W opinion on people who wish to enjoy a game.
    ... It is indirect P2W to purchase a service with a converted token.
    ... It is indirect P2W to purchase a product with a converted token.
    ... It is indirect P2W to purchase a player-operated service with gold from the token sale, or gold acquired from the sale of another item bought with token gold.
    ... It is indirect P2W to not use a credit card/debit card/Pay Pal.
    ... It is indirect P2W to purchase an item from the shop with your credit card/debit card/Pay Pal.
    ... It is indirect P2W to purchase 60-day game-time with credit card/debit card/Pay Pal.

    ... It is not P2W to purchase a service from the shop, unless you have purchased a token, and converted it to Battle.net Currency, then it is indirect P2W.
    ... It is not P2W to subscribe to World of Warcraft since it is a service.

    So, after this tiresome discussion, the topic as currently concluded to have been P2W since October 2006, and since then has infected everyone, and apparently according to some, everyone who has done any form of trading has supported P2W even if they do not claim so, meaning the people who claim this, has been supporting P2W themselves by logging in.

    With this notion, the token is also the most inclusive mechanic Blizzard has included since people have the freedom to either pay the game with real money currency or with in-game currency. So you could say, inclusion is winning, so P2W too.
    Stuff can be fixed, just get enough glue or duct tape!
    Roses are red, mana is blue. Suramar Guards, Will always find you!

  4. #1464
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Good morning, so we're now at the following within the ToS...

    ... It is direct P2W to purchase a boost from the shop.
    Yes
    ... It is indirect P2W to purchase a token from the shop.
    No. this is also direct P2W.
    ... It is indirect P2W to sell a token from the shop.
    same as above, you buy a token to sell it
    ... It is indirect P2W to purchase a token from the auction house.
    No this is Pay 2 play, the player buys a token in order to play the game
    ... It is indirect P2W to convert a token from the auction.
    No, you do not gain an advantage from buying a token, you either get gametime or shopmoney
    ... It is indirect P2W to receive gold that has been generated from the sales of a token via the sale of a different item.
    That depends on who are the beneficiaries
    ... It is indirect P2W to use the token to buy game-time, thus forcing your P2W opinion on people who wish to enjoy a game.
    No, and the second part of the sentence is not related to the first, this is a non argument.
    ... It is indirect P2W to purchase a service with a converted token.
    No, by turning your gold into a token and converting it into money is not P2W. it doesn't provide any advantage in any game.
    ... It is indirect P2W to purchase a product with a converted token.
    Nope
    ... It is indirect P2W to purchase a player-operated service with gold from the token sale, or gold acquired from the sale of another item bought with token gold.
    No this is direct P2W, if the gold was used to buy items to reach a certain ilvl in order to get into a grp it would be more indirect.
    ... It is indirect P2W to not use a credit card/debit card/Pay Pal.
    No because these things aren't a game.
    ... It is indirect P2W to purchase an item from the shop with your credit card/debit card/Pay Pal.
    It's direct P2W to buy an item from the ingame shop. buying a tshirt isn't P2W it's just a transaction.
    ... It is indirect P2W to purchase 60-day game-time with credit card/debit card/Pay Pal.
    No this is Pay 2 Play.
    ... It is not P2W to purchase a service from the shop, unless you have purchased a token, and converted it to Battle.net Currency, then it is indirect P2W.
    if you buy a character boost you're engaging in a P2W purchase. if you buy a tshirt you're not.
    ... It is not P2W to subscribe to World of Warcraft since it is a service.
    It's pay 2 play

    So, after this tiresome discussion, the topic as currently concluded to have been P2W since October 2006, and since then has infected everyone, and apparently according to some, everyone who has done any form of trading has supported P2W even if they do not claim so, meaning the people who claim this, has been supporting P2W themselves by logging in.

    Okay this is a very disingenuous response which clearly shows your colors. You don't have to partake in this discussion, it's not relevant, it's not going to change anything in the world. It's might be tiresome because you're arguing from a position of loose ground and each time your arguments get dismantled you have to regroup and make up new arguments, while the other side had facts to back up their opinions.

    Peoples opinions on P2W don't matter. If someone argues that trading is supporting P2W they're an idiot, this is not a solid argument it's a fallacy you don't have to give it merit. The loopy logic you employ thereafter falls into the same category of nonsense.




    With this notion, the token is also the most inclusive mechanic Blizzard has included since people have the freedom to either pay the game with real money currency or with in-game currency. So you could say, inclusion is winning, so P2W too.
    This is a false equivalency, "this notion" has no relevancy with inclusivity at all. Only people who are already playing world of warcraft have a use for tokens and boosts. they're already included. them engaging in these P2W schemes does in no way shape or form change the inclusivity. Also people who pay for their game time with gold had to have paid for their first month minimally. You cannot start this game F2P and then continue it by farming gold. (there is a gold cap on F2P accounts that's lower then the token price)
    Last edited by P for Pancetta; 2021-06-10 at 11:56 AM.

  5. #1465
    The Undying Gehco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    FEEL THE WRATH OF MY SPANNER!!
    Posts
    33,668
    Quote Originally Posted by P for Pancetta View Post
    This is a false equivalency, "this notion" has no relevancy with inclusivity at all. Only people who are already playing world of warcraft have a use for tokens and boosts. they're already included. them engaging in these P2W schemes does in no way shape or form change the inclusivity. Also people who pay for their game time with gold had to have paid for their first month minimally. You cannot start this game F2P and then continue it by farming gold.
    The list is literally built up of statements recently made or developed within the discussion of this thread where statements such as using the token to play the game was P2W, and using currency coming from a sale of the token, was P2W, and so on.

    As well, direct P2W means Blizzard gives you the advantage/benefit/power/whatever - indirect means you take your token, and trade it for gold and use it on something else - and someone then made the follow-up, that it is Pay2Win to receive that gold in a trade or service.
    Last edited by Gehco; 2021-06-10 at 11:57 AM.
    Stuff can be fixed, just get enough glue or duct tape!
    Roses are red, mana is blue. Suramar Guards, Will always find you!

  6. #1466
    Bloodsail Admiral
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    1,220
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Do not fret. I hate editing MMO-C posts on the phone as well.


    Well, if all the TCG items are just BoP it wouldn't be included in P2W unless you believe in "visual advantages" but it is the part that some TCG loot is made specifically with trading in mind (BoE's).


    Well, Blizzard doesn't advertise their tokens, though. That is one of the interesting things. Considering how hostile and invasive 3rd parties were, and we're talking real players and 'companies' trying to pawn off what they can.
    I suppose it maybe depends on what the “win” is then? I know I raid mythic not for powerful gear but for transmog (as well as the sense of cooperating, something WoW seems to have lost with a shift to competitive but that’s a different topic). Like if my CM gear and CM weapons, alongside with MT weapons went on the store I would be pissed. Getting that gear for transmog was my win, and if someone can just buy that, to me that is the P2W. Maybe I am just moving the goal posts? But that’s the way I see it.

  7. #1467
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    The list is literally built up of statements recently made or developed within the discussion of this thread where statements such as using the token to play the game was P2W, and using currency coming from a sale of the token, was P2W, and so on.

    As well, direct P2W means Blizzard gives you the advantage/benefit/power/whatever - indirect means you take your token, and trade it for gold and use it on something else - and someone then made the follow-up, that it is Pay2Win to receive that gold in a trade or service.
    Who cares if that's what people have said? doesn't make them right. Nor do these unfounded opinions prove that you are right, and neither do they disprove the P2W schemes present in WoW.

    The buying of gold is already a direct P2W, even if you turn it all into grey items and delete them you still engaged in a direct P2W scheme.

  8. #1468
    Herald of the Titans
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Taco Bell
    Posts
    2,576
    Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    Yes, vanilla was P2W too. Who doesn't know someone who sold their accounts for cash? That was super common until WOTLK, when they cracked down on account-selling somewhat. My buddy sold his AQ geared lvl 60 before TBC came out, bought a motorcycle. Account buying is P2W, probably one of the earliest forms.
    I don't think this fits even the broadest of P2W definitions. IMO, P2W needs to have some officially sanctioned aspect.
    I'm a crazy taco.

  9. #1469
    The Undying Gehco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    FEEL THE WRATH OF MY SPANNER!!
    Posts
    33,668
    Quote Originally Posted by P for Pancetta View Post
    Who cares if that's what people have said? doesn't make them right. Nor do these unfounded opinions prove that you are right, and neither do they disprove the P2W schemes present in WoW.
    I did not say I was right, it was an overview of the discussions developed.

    In my own book, boost is direct P2W (though minor) and the token would be at a stretch, indirect P2W (as it was brought in about 50 pages ago in the thread, else, it wouldn't have been P2W at all, unless we used the 'indirect' term) but opens up to way too many variables.

    Literally, the main reason I joined in this discussion, but I knew some would be in an uproar of the token, and reminiscence of the 'old days' yet it was P2W there too, except from launch in 2004, to September 2006.

    Quote Originally Posted by P for Pancetta View Post
    The buying of gold is already a direct P2W, even if you turn it all into grey items and delete them you still engaged in a direct P2W scheme.
    The token is not direct P2W, if you purchased your gold directly from Blizzard it would be direct. All you purchase is tradeable game-time.

    The only thing I know I'm right about is if the token is a form of P2W, then the tradeable TCG loot is as well.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by tacoloco View Post
    I don't think this fits even the broadest of P2W definitions. IMO, P2W needs to have some officially sanctioned aspect.
    Nah, if we stay within the ToS, it was P2W since October 2006.
    Stuff can be fixed, just get enough glue or duct tape!
    Roses are red, mana is blue. Suramar Guards, Will always find you!

  10. #1470
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    I did not say I was right, it was an overview of the discussions developed.

    In my own book, boost is direct P2W (though minor) and the token would be at a stretch, indirect P2W (as it was brought in about 50 pages ago in the thread, else, it wouldn't have been P2W at all, unless we used the 'indirect' term) but opens up to way too many variables.

    Literally, the main reason I joined in this discussion, but I knew some would be in an uproar of the token, and reminiscence of the 'old days' yet it was P2W there too, except from launch in 2004, to September 2006.


    The token is not direct P2W, if you purchased your gold directly from Blizzard it would be direct. All you purchase is tradeable game-time.

    The only thing I know I'm right about is if the token is a form of P2W, then the tradeable TCG loot is as well.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Nah, if we stay within the ToS, it was P2W since October 2006.
    The token is direct P2W your opinion is irrelevant.
    The TCG lootcards are more complicated, Tcg cardpacks did not guarantee a lootcard. It's not P2W but it is a form of gambling. Peer reviewed research has shown a clear correlation between spending patterns on booster style games and problematic gambling behavior
    Last edited by P for Pancetta; 2021-06-10 at 12:35 PM.

  11. #1471
    Quote Originally Posted by Necrosaro123 View Post
    Winning is many things on the game, it has been described many times on this Thread. Winning can be anything the player desires and can be paid in Gold to the AH and other players to achieve it.
    Except for all the things I described that can't be bought...

  12. #1472
    Quote Originally Posted by Stardrift View Post
    I mean.. Purchase currency with real life cash, use currency to purchase carries/mythic gear off AH. By definition, it's P2W. Doesn't matter what's inbetween. At the end of the day, you're still paying cash for power.
    Sure it does. The currency and the system for that currency matter. If gold was given out in a trickle and primary gained by micro transaction then it would be pay to win. If it was sourced by Blizzard it would be closer to pay to win. If the win was coming from Blizzard it would be pay to win.

    As it is the win comes from players after using a normal in-game currency. It doesn't matter the source of that currency as we all pay at some point in order to get gold. Because of the subscription price right? If the subscription price has not made the game pay to win then obviously indirect links to real money are not relevant.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    You haven't answered the question. You made a claim without any proof and you expect to dazzle us with words that mean nothing. Your argument of "it's easy to get a token every week" has been shot to pieces.
    "I also told you that I can't estimate the times but told you that I can sometimes clear a zone of Anima quests before my HS is off cool down"
    "It was pretty easy to clear the 11 or so Anima quests up each day in an hour of play. Even opening chests can work towards requirements on some callings to make it even faster."

    I answered it. I just didn't give the answer you and him were apparently looking for. My estimate of up to 2,500 is not wrong. You can get 1,500 to 2,500 so when talking about ranges you include the low end and the top end. Right? Both you and him are looking for any little detail so you can shout at the top of your lungs how wrong it is. When it still doesn't change that there is a relatively easy way to get at least 150k a week.

    Is it practical for everyone? Nope. But that wasn't the original question was it? Let me guess you don't even know the original question right? Why didn't you attack the other poster for not answer questions as well? Weird right?

    Have you played the game recently to time how long it takes to do a calling? You don't need to be a raider in order to do World Quests quick. World Content gear tops off at 194 with Covenant gear at 196. It is extremely easy to gear alts to out gear world content. 190 is not very under geared for world content. You clearly have not played the game recently at all if you think that is the case. I also never said it was casual. I said after set up it is relatively easy to do a calling which it objectively is. 3 chests or rares is easy. 4 to 5 world quests is easy. Two floors of Torghast is easy (layer 1). All of the callings are easy.

    If you struggle, even at 190 gear, to finish any calling then the problem is skill level of the player and not the game.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  13. #1473
    Quote Originally Posted by P for Pancetta View Post
    The token is direct P2W your opinion is irrelevant.
    I'm saying the token is not direct P2W and your opinion is irrelevant. See...?
    Why do you think you are right and others are wrong when we are discussion opinions? (Did you train with @TheRevenantHero)
    Apparently there is no correct widely accepted answer to this because P2W is (seems to be) a very subjective topic, depends how everyone sees it as everyone has a different view of what "win" means.

    There used to be quite a short answer to it but now everyone and their dog knows better...
    “Two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am not yet completely sure about the universe. - Albert Einstein”
    -------------------------------------------------

  14. #1474
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretorian View Post
    I'm saying the token is not direct P2W and your opinion is irrelevant. See...?
    Why do you think you are right and others are wrong when we are discussion opinions? (Did you train with @TheRevenantHero)
    Apparently there is no correct widely accepted answer to this because P2W is (seems to be) a very subjective topic, depends how everyone sees it as everyone has a different view of what "win" means.

    There used to be quite a short answer to it but now everyone and their dog knows better...
    The only people who don't call WoW p2w are Blizzard diehards who refuse to say anything negative about WoW.

  15. #1475
    The Undying Gehco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    FEEL THE WRATH OF MY SPANNER!!
    Posts
    33,668
    Quote Originally Posted by P for Pancetta View Post
    The token is direct P2W your opinion is irrelevant.
    So, game-time is direct P2W, is what you are saying? You aren't getting gold directly from Blizzard, but from a player, so indirect.

    Quote Originally Posted by P for Pancetta View Post
    The TCG lootcards are more complicated, Tcg cardpacks did not guarantee a lootcard. It's not P2W but it is a form of gambling. Peer reviewed research has shown a clear correlation between spending patterns on booster style games and problematic gambling behavior
    It is gambling, and if you won a tradeable item, you could take it to the game, and get gold for it, so indirect P2W.

    Is the item approved by Blizzard? Yes.
    Is the item designed and generated by Blizzard? Yes.
    Is the item produced by Blizzard? No, it is commissioned to another company.
    Is the item able to be purchased with real money currency? Yes.
    Is the item subject to gambling? Yes.
    Is the item able to be claimed in-game? Yes.
    Is the item able to be traded in-game? Yes, some are made with the intention to be traded, not all.
    Is the item able to be sold for gold in-game? Yes

    So, with more steps, is the TCG BoE item a product approved by Blizzard with the ability to be sold by a person who paid real money currency to earn gold? Yes.

    So, with fewer steps, is the Token item a product approved by Blizzard with the ability to be sold by a person who paid real money currency to earn gold? Yes.

    Or is it the steps that do not make it P2W? Because, a person can legally, without breaking ToS, make more steps to handle a token.

    The sheer fact that it is gambling, and still gives you an advantage in-game if you win makes it much worse than a token.
    Last edited by Gehco; 2021-06-10 at 03:08 PM. Reason: Fixed tagging
    Stuff can be fixed, just get enough glue or duct tape!
    Roses are red, mana is blue. Suramar Guards, Will always find you!

  16. #1476
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    The only people who don't call WoW p2w are Blizzard diehards who refuse to say anything negative about WoW.
    P2W: you're a shitty player -> you pay for boost -> you're powerful.
    WoW: you're a shitty player -> you pay for boost -> you're a shitty player with achievement.

  17. #1477
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretorian View Post
    I'm saying the token is not direct P2W and your opinion is irrelevant. See...?
    Why do you think you are right and others are wrong when we are discussion opinions? (Did you train with @TheRevenantHero)
    Apparently there is no correct widely accepted answer to this because P2W is (seems to be) a very subjective topic, depends how everyone sees it as everyone has a different view of what "win" means.

    There used to be quite a short answer to it but now everyone and their dog knows better...
    Because we invent words to mean certain things, P2W is a business model, with a specific meaning. wow uses this business model as a part of their game. We're not talking about religion here or fiction. We're not discussing opinions we're discussing a common business model in video game design.

    There is a correct widely accepter answer to what P2W is. The reason people disagree has nothing to do with fact but feeling, evident by the fact that the only evidence deniers have posted so are anecdotes (that disprove their point).

    Now you come in here and deliver 0 facts and instantly start attacking me personally. and then reassert your fiction by reposting an already debunked opinion.

    The definition of the word win has also been debunked, pay2win is about creating an unfair advantage. win-conditions are personal so even the smallest unfair advantages can attributed to this description yet.

    You're arguing like religious lunatic about existence of god (employing the same strawman's and circular reasoning) about something that actually provably exists, can be quantified and measured and studied because we've defined it.

    Your smiles should be crying.

  18. #1478
    Quote Originally Posted by P for Pancetta View Post
    The definition of the word win has also been debunked, pay2win is about creating an unfair advantage. win-conditions are personal so even the smallest unfair advantages can attributed to this description yet.
    Win conditions are not personal. Those are defined by the game you are playing. A person can create their own conditions but that doesn't change those set forth by the game. The same is true for Pay to Win. The win portion has a definition that is independent of personal goals.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  19. #1479
    Quote Originally Posted by iinverse View Post
    P2W: you're a shitty player -> you pay for boost -> you're powerful.
    WoW: you're a shitty player -> you pay for boost -> you're a shitty player with achievement.
    This is pretty much the mentality of the WoW fanboys in this thread.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Win conditions are not personal. Those are defined by the game you are playing. A person can create their own conditions but that doesn't change those set forth by the game. The same is true for Pay to Win. The win portion has a definition that is independent of personal goals.
    So basically you're saying p2w doesn't exist. And that's utterly asinine.

  20. #1480
    Quote Originally Posted by Stardrift View Post
    I mean.. Purchase currency with real life cash, use currency to purchase carries/mythic gear off AH. By definition, it's P2W. Doesn't matter what's inbetween. At the end of the day, you're still paying cash for power.

    - - - Updated - - -



    See above.

    Also, completing a raid is also winning. Paying cash, receiving gold, then spending it on someone to carry you to the end of a raid is also winning. Begins with pay, ends with win.

    /Thread
    Good morning Stardrift

    Anyways, I'm not sure what your post says, I've already said that if you define p2w = winning = success then in your opinion wow will be p2w. Everyone has their own opinion of the meaning.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •