Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Anything not purely cosmetic, anything that has impact on player power, is pay2win. That's the definition. So WoW is pay2win. But it isn't black and white, selling gold and level boosts like WoW is better than selling raid gear or whatever. It still sucks, though.
    And if the token didn't exist, would people stop doing it? I'll give you a hint: The answer is no.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    And if the token didn't exist, would people stop doing it? I'll give you a hint: The answer is no.
    Entirely irrelevant, the issue isnt that you can buy these things with gold, but that you can get the gold with money.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Spears View Post
    I think buying runs is the most popular thing to get with the token. Ive had a few buys book runs after their pay days. I might bemoan the system but since we are stuck with it I might as well profit off it.
    Of all my sales of the tokens, the gold has gone to everything but boosts, though. From supporting RP events to completing that one annoying profession, or even giving money away to people who could use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Anything not purely cosmetic, anything that has impact on player power, is pay2win. That's the definition. So WoW is pay2win. But it isn't black and white, selling gold and level boosts like WoW is better than selling raid gear or whatever. It still sucks, though.
    (The bold part) That is purely how I've seen P2W always, gear, buffs, and things the bring you through current content.

As for the boost, eh, that is the grey zone. You do not get an advantage in current content but you do get to skip old content, so it is a bit 50/50..

And I'm just going to be the prick and say, you aren't buying gold from Blizzard, though. This is why I don't see the token as P2W.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Entirely irrelevant, the issue isnt that you can buy these things with gold, but that you can get the gold with money.
    So, like you've been able to do even before the token, both following the ToS and breaking the ToS.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alydael View Post
    Yes, it is.
    1) You can use $$$ to buy a token which is equal to WOW gold.
    2) WOW gold can buy you: BOE gear and boosts (more gear).
    You can basically use $$$ to buy raid achieves (AOTC, KSM) and gear now.
    Blizz does nothing to stop the boosting because it drives token sales (goto line 1)
    Alydael already typed what I wanted to in a more coherent way so i'll just quote them.

Oh okay, so anything that detracts from the fact that the game has been loosely "pay2win" since the beginning of time is irrelevant! No, the only thing that matters is EVIL MR. BLIZZARD is using BAD CAPITALISM to profit from something that people did anyway. EVIL BLIZZARD SUCKS! GRR I HATE CAPITALISM!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Of all my sales of the tokens, the gold has gone to everything but boosts, though. From supporting RP events to completing that one annoying profession, or even giving money away to people who could use it.

(The bold part) That is purely how I've seen P2W always, gear, buffs, and things the bring you through current content.

As for the boost, eh, that is the grey zone. You do not get an advantage in current content but you do get to skip old content, so it is a bit 50/50..

And I'm just going to be the prick and say, you aren't buying gold from Blizzard, though. This is why I don't see the token as P2W.

- - - Updated - - -

So, like you've been able to do even before the token, both following the ToS and breaking the ToS.
    The boost absolutely is not a gray area. It is blatantly increasing character power for money. Just because you or other people view it as trivial doesn't change the fact you are buying player power. Nothing in game allows you to skip 50 levels of content like the boost does.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Its something blizzard should have fought rather than roll over and accept.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    The boost absolutely is not a gray area. It is blatantly increasing character power for money. Just because you or other people view it as trivial doesn't change the fact you are buying player power. Nothing in game allows you to skip 50 levels of content like the boost does.
    Ah yes, can we get @Rhole to dispense his knowledge of all things leveling boost related? I think we need to rehash that argument for the next 12 pages.

Oh okay, so anything that detracts from the fact that the game has been loosely "pay2win" since the beginning of time is irrelevant! No, the only thing that matters is EVIL MR. BLIZZARD is using BAD CAPITALISM to profit from something that people did anyway. EVIL BLIZZARD SUCKS! GRR I HATE CAPITALISM!!!
    No, blizzard should have fought their game being p2w, instead of embracing gold selling they should have kept fighting it. You're applauding them not giving a fuck.

Right, I forgot. They're a multi dollar game company. If they wanted to they could just make buying WoW gold a bannable offense and then instantly everybody would stop doing it!

15+ Year Old Account
    Ah yes, can we get @Rhole to dispense his knowledge of all things leveling boost related? I think we need to rehash that argument for the next 12 pages.
    You are still that salty and can't even get my username correct. Lol.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Right, I forgot. They're a multi dollar game company. If they wanted to they could just make buying WoW gold a bannable offense and then instantly everybody would stop doing it!
    So you are, regardless, admitting its p2w. You're just defending p2w as being fine.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    You are still that salty and can't even get my username correct. Lol.
    Of course they're salty. You have legitimate points and they don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    This thread needs to settle down. Make your points constructively and civilly, without the excessive rancor and implied insults.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    Well. We can agree on that. Just do not think people who has TCG items, or who can only pay for the game with gold will agree.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

So you are, regardless, admitting its p2w. You're just defending p2w as being fine.
    I'm neither defending P2W nor am I saying that the game is P2W. I'm asking you to actually provide a solution to this problem that isn't just "Blizzard should stop it because they're Blizzard and Blizzard can do anything because Blizzard is Blizzard."

Quote Originally Posted by Alydael View Post
    Yes, it is.
    1) You can use $$$ to buy a token which is equal to WOW gold.
    2) WOW gold can buy you: BOE gear and boosts (more gear).
    You can basically use $$$ to buy raid achieves (AOTC, KSM) and gear now.
    Blizz does nothing to stop the boosting because it drives token sales (goto line 1)
    thats not pay 2 win....shit you can earn way more gold in game if you know what you're doing lol

I mean there is a clear difference between working to stop it and having the first 30 post in lfg selling boosts and trade chat being near unusable...

15+ Year Old Account
    No, blizzard should have fought their game being p2w, instead of embracing gold selling they should have kept fighting it. You're applauding them not giving a fuck.
    But if using gold is pay to win then how can they actually fight that with out removing gold?
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

I'm neither defending P2W nor am I saying that the game is P2W. I'm asking you to actually provide a solution to this problem that isn't just "Blizzard should stop it because they're Blizzard and Blizzard can do anything because Blizzard is Blizzard."
    Get active gm moderation of trade chat and lfd/lfg The game shouldn't be overflowing with spam.