Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Just like the store items, the TCG items were created as ideas without a general plan of use. The designers sometimes during downtime, create things, and sometimes the higher-ups like it enough to not skip it, and add it to the store (or TCG pile as back in the day).

Wouldn't mind the ability to mute accounts, even to the point of flagging accounts for further investigation. Problem with that is still to find the people worth the investment.
    Then add them to the game...? i dont get why because it was personal initiative it then has to be a cash shop thing. Its like all your logic stems from the point of blizzard being a helpless penniless orphan.

Should also note that, in no way, should the way to fight gold selling, which is a problem but not hugely wide spread, be to make it substantially easier to do.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Do what any other MMO does and get staff that actually work against it?
    But they do have that? They just can't be everywhere? Just like all other MMO's has such staff that can't be everywhere to stop their problems of such.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Wouldn't we be back where we were in 2005 eventually? With sites selling gold illegally? Maybe you think gold has no value today...but guilds in the world first race would still buy BoEs on the AH and ppl would still want to make gold for insane mounts like the Brutosaur.

That apart - I use the gold I make in game to pay my sub...so I am happy that the token exists. Would piss me off if it was removed just because some folks lose sleep whether the game is p2w by their own interpretation.

And I honestly wouldn't even care if it turns out that you are right and the game is p2w. Because what would change for you personally? You either did quit the game out of disgust already anyhow...or you are disgusted and still give your money to Blizzard.

As for the people who don't think it is p2w?My guess is that even if Blizzard came out and said "Ok..we admit...it is p2w"...they would probably just /shrug and continue to play.

As I see it, there is not a lot of incentive for Blizzard to remove the token.
    Getting back to 2005 would be nice wow's community has only decayed since then. Method cheating by buying gold has always been a thing but its a perk of being blizzards pr team.

I just rather the game be improved rather then made into the whore of Babylon

- - - Updated - - -

But if we just removed the token, then it would just be exclusive P2W for the ones who hold TCG items still, as they can earn a massive amount of gold for real money too. There is no real way to stop it. The game involves the actions of humans, and thus things that break rules will appear.
    Make all the tcg mounts obtainable via boss drops or rep items. its easy to do...

15+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard has always worked against third party sellers of gold. It has never stopped people from using gold to purchase advantages. The token only allowed Blizzard to get a $5 commission and didn't change anything else. It was the player driven economy that took advantage of gold. Remember that a token doesn't create any gold but only transfers it around.

So anytime someone uses a token to get gold and then uses that gold to buy something it is all being supplied by players.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Spears View Post
    Then add them to the game...? i dont get why because it was personal initiative it then has to be a cash shop thing. Its like all your logic stems from the point of blizzard being a helpless penniless orphan.
    Oh, that'll be great to see people's reaction once the Spectral Tiger Mount appears on the store, or farmable from a rare. We already saw people being rather disgruntled about getting TCG items from the TBC Classic pack.

If it wasn't added to TCG or the shop, it wasn't added to the game at all. They explained at a BlizzCon that they literally have piles of assets that the teams have worked on on the side without it fitting to the main project or the future ones, and thus it wouldn't be used, unless for the goodie in the store (since TCG is not printing anymore).

- - - Updated - - -

Make all the tcg mounts obtainable via boss drops or rep items. its easy to do...
    Oh, that'll be great to see people's reaction once the Spectral Tiger Mount appears on the store, or farmable from a rare. We already saw people being rather disgruntled about getting TCG items from the TBC Classic pack.

Honestly, I don't mind myself, just - it'll be a shit show of massive proportions.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

If it wasn't added to TCG or the shop, it wasn't added to the game at all. They explained at a BlizzCon that they literally have piles of assets that the teams have worked on on the side without it fitting to the main project or the future ones, and thus it wouldn't be used, unless for the goodie in the store (since TCG is not printing anymore).

- - - Updated - - -

Honestly, I don't mind myself, just - it'll be a shit show of massive proportions.
    They added tcg mounts into the game already...also no company just throws away assets because they cant cash shop... thats utterly moronic if you legitimately hold that opinion...

"Hey boss I made a handful of new mounts to add diversity and depth to the game!"

" sorry tim we don't have a cash shop delete those assets"

Who honestly thinks that is the reality?

I think they can hire a few at slave labor price as a intern position to improve their game...
    You do realize we're in the middle of a labor shortage, right? So many people are making more money from UE benefits due to COVID that nobody wants to work. I don't exactly think that people will be chomping at the bit for a job whose description is, "slave labor intern position."

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    You do realize we're in the middle of a labor shortage, right? So many people are making more money from UE benefits due to COVID that nobody wants to work. I don't exactly think that people will be chomping at the bit for a job whose description is, "slave labor intern position."
    They are already...

You've yet to field a single suggestion on what Blizzard could do to stop gold selling.

- - - Updated - - -

They are already...
    How does this address what I said in any way, shape or form?

10+ Year Old Account
    They added tcg mounts into the game already...also no company just throws away assets because they cant cash shop... thats utterly moronic if you legitimately hold that opinion...

"Hey boss I made a handful of new mounts to add diversity and depth to the game!"

" sorry tim we don't have a cash shop delete those assets"

Who honestly thinks that is the reality?
    Where did I say they threw them away?

As well, with the launch of TBC Classic, they are even reusing TCG loot as reward (they even did for the recent charity).

- - - Updated - - -

Let's not bring in the politics on this. Some should just make fair work contracts. Now, back to the topic.

You've yet to field a single suggestion on what Blizzard could do to stop gold selling.

- - - Updated - - -

How does this address what I said in any way, shape or form?
    I mean i have you not being able to follow along isnt a me issue...

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    You're smart enough to realize...what?
    It's minimal to be able to disenchant every quest item you get? It's minimal to be able to skin every beast you kill? It's minimal to be able to mine/gather every node you see?

That's what you consider minimal? That sounds more like you just don't care about it while leveling and consider it "minimal" because YOU think it's not important. Has nothing to do with intelligence.

What are you even talking about?

I bring up old professions and everything because that's what you skip by getting a boost. Yes, you can go back to it, but then you still end up having to spend the time you paid to skip in the end. Even if it's less to you because you're a higher level, it's still additional time. And it's directly related to the boost.

Your example of gear has nothing to do with it. You get handed pretty awful gear when you boost. You're reaching in the first place to try to compare it to gear, because heroic gear is what you use to get into mythics. You don't use a level 50 boost to get into mythics. It's not comparable at all. You may think it's some great point, but it's pretty flawed because of that.
    Who cares about old professions? Professions are worthless anyway. Any player will tell you boosting is 100x more effective for gold making. And professions while leveling take time away from being able to level your character. There is nothing stopping you from going back once max level and doing old professions and you'll have max flying speed. Plus, professions are separated by expansion now. You dknt need to level old professions anymore.
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2021-06-04 at 07:36 PM.

And I'm just going to be the prick and say, you aren't buying gold from Blizzard, though. This is why I don't see the token as P2W.
    Blizzard is facilitating the transaction and condoning it, that's what I don't like. But I get why they did it, fraud and botting from gold farmers, and pragmatically I think it was probably the right decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Blizzard is facilitating the transaction and condoning it, that's what I don't like. But I get why they did it, fraud and botting from gold farmers, and pragmatically I think it was probably the right decision.
    Thank god there isn't any botting anymore....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Aye. People may not like it, but it was either that, or let the gold sellers run rampant like they used to.

I never got the mentality that if you can't fix a problem 100% its not worth doing at all. If you removed the token you would stop a massive amount of people buying gold with money. Yes not all of them but the grand majority will not risk their accounts.
    You'd also have a sway of people leaving the game because they can no longer play for "free", with these people also being WoW's highest subscription payers. There's not many things I can say with absolute certainty are never going to happen, but the WoW token being removed is one of them.

I've already given my stance on P2W multiple times this thread, but in addition to what I've previously said, I'll say this: P2W will only be an issue for me if they add things to the store that offer player-power that simply isn't obtainable in-game. Something like a store mount that goes beyond 310%, or an armour piece that's better than everything in-game.

If that were to ever happen, I'd be the first to say WoW is P2W.
    Last edited by Toybox; 2021-06-04 at 07:42 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thank god there isn't any botting anymore....
    Token or no token, the botting will be there as long as there are lazy people believing they are entitled to do it because else they lose out on things when sleeping or working, or losing out on their possible income. Even with the new system, bot creators just make new systems too.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Hm...bit of an evasive manoeuvre imho. And what is this "Method cheating by buying gold" all about? It is also an extra weird example, because Limit won the last World First, right? So no matter how much Method "paid", they didn't "win". So much for "pay to win"

But let me ask you directly: Do you still play that p2w game that you so despise? Does it offer so much more that you enjoy that you can look the other way?

Glad for this answer, because it tells me the problem is parts of the community. No matter what you think about it being better in 2205. People are shit, will cheat and do whatever it takes to get ahead. This is why I think removing the token will solve nothing.
    I don't really get the mentality of "well things are shit but your willing to bare it so let them be shit" either to be blunt.

Let's not bring in the politics on this. Some should just make fair work contracts. Now, back to the topic.
    I don't necessarily think it's "politics" to observe that if the proposed solution is, "just hire more GMs" that said GMs aren't exactly something that they'd be able to materialize from thin air. Arguments on forums tend to promote these types of solutions then once you begin to bring up pesky factors such as "reality" they immediately retract to, "well it's just a suggestion." I don't think this really helps move things along...but that's just me.