Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    Maybe by your definition, and that's fine, but it's not to me
    Pay money, receive currency, spend currency on power from AH or carries. P2W. There is no other way to define it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Necrosaro123 View Post
    The Token is an "indirect" way of P2W too. And like @Stardrift mention in such a simple way....Pay Money and Win. You pay money, you get Gold, you Win. Simple as that.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for making it clear and simple. That is right. Pay and Win tons of gold with the Token.

- - - Updated - - -

Keep trolling like that and you may get banned. There is nothing constructive on that.
    It's like trying to explain to a customer why they can't get a refund on something. It goes in one ear, out the other. Just keep repeating the fact until they either give up or finally understand lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cuppy View Post
    Can still use that freely farmed gold to get money, pay to get paid
    /thread

Exactly, no one owes me anything.
    You said I would be called an idiot because I state my opinion as a fact yes? But somehow my anecdotal evidence aka fact, is not accepted.
    Yep, this is why I had to take an infraction. Do you see who I'm dealing with? I'm dealing with flat earthers here, who say a lot of things, and keep to their entitled opinion despite the facts I gave you.

Let's see here "Your personal experience with his game is entirely irrelevant to this discussion." Then what are these experiences of pay to win you talk about? Are they not personal experience? Those things suddenly became facts?
    There is a word for this type of behaviour, I'm sure you can help me with this one.

Sure. And you yourself are so deep in some weird conspiracy theory limbo you cannot get out.
    Man I gave you examples. I asked you questions. These are things you should really, and I mean really consider when you are having a discussion other than arguing is green color better than orange.
    I'll give you another chance, I know you will just quote my post with another "dude lol, blablaam blablaaaa" because these things I ask you prove me correct, and you cannot answer these questions I ask you, I know man, it's internet. You don't owe me anything, I don't owe you anything, but if you think there is a fool in this conversation, I'm pretty sure I know who that is.
    Nevertheless here it goes. Answer this:
    Which game you think is not pay to win?

Also, read this and give me an opinion:

You claim the game is pay(paying money) to win(to achieve your "win", whatever that is)
    I show you this player who did not pay to "win", but still "won". It is a fact, simple as that. Do you understand what is the difference between a fact and an opinion?
    It's true, and it's right here for you laid out in the simplest form I can come up with.
    I'll make you another example, where I use something that is really pay to win.
    You claim this game-X is pay to win.
    I play the game and die to an enemy. I read that I have to stun this said enemy. I have to get "stun the opponent for 5 seconds" skill from the shop. This is the only way I can stun my enemy in this game.

Did you read it? I bet you did, and I also bet you didn't answer anything. Wow I got so trolled, wow man, you clearly.... won.... These forums are... write to win
    Pay money, receive gold, buy carries or AH gear. P2W.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by P for Pancetta View Post
    This is a troublesome statement, you're saying that your opinion are more important that anything else. The words that you typed afterwards are words but they do not come together to form a coherent sentence. And i've provided you with many facts and sound arguments,
    Look, what I meant there was that what I provided (examples of other games, this game played to the max without paying etcetc) is more than just saying "pay to win".
    I'm an example guy, and I use exaggerated examples to make people to see my point (Like the meth thing, you can switch the meth to apples if you think it was an overdoing).
    I, by no means don't intent, or mean to say that my opinions(now, opinions as in green is better colour as blue) are any more valuable than other opinions.
    I'm sorry if I came up wrong, english is not my native language, but I try to make up my wrongdoings here.
    But as said, I don't think this is a discussion of opinion, or if it is, my point of every game being pay to win is valid, whereas it sure is my opinion and we can all have one, and the discussion is therefore obsolete. There's nothing to discuss, about opinions.
    This is why I say it is a fact that this is not pay to win game, because many points people here have given, I prove it wrong by telling you about my brother.

This is another fallacy, which you seem to have confused with arguments. First of money can't actually get you anything you desire. Secondly you don't seem to grasp what I said at all. I do realize that I didn't set any win-condition you claim to be mine, neither did I say they can be directly translated to real life as you're doing here. And who's this streetfighter guy who's apparently very good but will stoop down to your level to create a profile that would be entirely unexceptional? And next time just cut out the fanboi part as it makes you look like a nutjob.
    Well we can go nitpicking about the money part and what it can buy, but it's not a thing to discuss here.
    Are you seriously asking about the street fighting guy? Ok let's make it simple once again. If I make a post here where I offer someone, anyone to play my steam account street fighter game to get me all achievements, it's pay to win just like wow boosting is. If you think otherwise please state why, why is it different?
    Why does fanboi makes me look like a nutjob? As far as I know people tend to dismiss many things including heheh, facts when they "realize" someone is a fanboi. I just don't want to wake up to 20 post quotes saying that blizz fanboi is here again, because it's just waste of space and time and everything.

I don't have to take any of this into consideration, because it's nonsensical drivel. Even if one person pays to get a 1 day advantage that's a P2W situation.
    You can google it if you want to know more about it it's all out there for free. the time investment isn't relevant in this discussion, weither you bypass 1 hour of grinding or 1 month of grinding you're paying for an advantage over another player and thats P2W.
    I just don't consider it a real pay to win situation because (see, I explain why I don't consider something relevant) the time consumed by this game is so large, that an 8 hour advantage is just nothing, especially it's IMO not something to say the whole game is pay to win, as it gives such marginal advantage. I'm not even sure what is the advantage here, you lvl up faster than someone else, fine, and what? But as I said earlier, I'm willing to agree this is pay-to-win if you consider instant lvl60 as win.
    Still, I don't think that this minor convenience makes the game pay to win. You paid for 8 hours, you won nothing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stardrift View Post
    More like give anus to get a carry from raidteam, or trade anus to BoE gear. "GA2W"
    Quote Originally Posted by Pie Eater View Post
    Have you read the planned frost mage "nerfs" ?!? It's like nerfing a hangman's rope by coloring it blue.
    Mr. Smith about the cost of Triple-spec
    3k gold right off the bat, about 5 silver a week later.

Pay money, receive currency, spend currency on power from AH or carries. P2W. There is no other way to define it.

- - - Updated - - -

It's like trying to explain to a customer why they can't get a refund on something. It goes in one ear, out the other. Just keep repeating the fact until they either give up or finally understand lol

- - - Updated - - -

I placed my definition a while back

"You can buy things unobtainable in game without paying that makes you more powerful than nonpaying players"
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

I love how the vast majority of people saying it's not pay to win just have the argument of "I personally don't think skipping 50 level of content for $60 is an advantage so therefore it's not."

Yes, but the fanboy defense brigade will insist that it's not because you can't buy a big giant button that you push to instantly win the whole game.

Quote Originally Posted by Delano View Post
    Yes, but the fanboy defense brigade will insist that it's not because you can't buy a big giant button that you push to instantly win the whole game.
    A problem you'll have is defining "winning" when it comes to wow.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Look, what I meant there was that what I provided (examples of other games, this game played to the max without paying etcetc) is more than just saying "pay to win".
    I'm an example guy, and I use exaggerated examples to make people to see my point (Like the meth thing, you can switch the meth to apples if you think it was an overdoing).
    I, by no means don't intent, or mean to say that my opinions(now, opinions as in green is better colour as blue) are any more valuable than other opinions.
    I'm sorry if I came up wrong, english is not my native language, but I try to make up my wrongdoings here.
    But as said, I don't think this is a discussion of opinion, or if it is, my point of every game being pay to win is valid, whereas it sure is my opinion and we can all have one, and the discussion is therefore obsolete. There's nothing to discuss, about opinions.
    This is why I say it is a fact that this is not pay to win game, because many points people here have given, I prove it wrong by telling you about my brother.

Well we can go nitpicking about the money part and what it can buy, but it's not a thing to discuss here.
    Are you seriously asking about the street fighting guy? Ok let's make it simple once again. If I make a post here where I offer someone, anyone to play my steam account street fighter game to get me all achievements, it's pay to win just like wow boosting is. If you think otherwise please state why, why is it different?
    Why does fanboi makes me look like a nutjob? As far as I know people tend to dismiss many things including heheh, facts when they "realize" someone is a fanboi. I just don't want to wake up to 20 post quotes saying that blizz fanboi is here again, because it's just waste of space and time and everything.

I just don't consider it a real pay to win situation because (see, I explain why I don't consider something relevant) the time consumed by this game is so large, that an 8 hour advantage is just nothing, especially it's IMO not something to say the whole game is pay to win, as it gives such marginal advantage. I'm not even sure what is the advantage here, you lvl up faster than someone else, fine, and what? But as I said earlier, I'm willing to agree this is pay-to-win if you consider instant lvl60 as win.
    Still, I don't think that this minor convenience makes the game pay to win. You paid for 8 hours, you won nothing.

- - - Updated - - -

More like give anus to get a carry from raidteam, or trade anus to BoE gear. "GA2W"
    GA2W is the best thing I've heard, thanks

- - - Updated - - -

I placed my definition a while back
    Doesn't matter what your definition is. I could say my definition of P2W is if you so much as look at a product and think of buying it, the game is P2W, then cite it in a discussion as if it has any weight.

Still won't change the fact that the definition of P2W is pay money, receive power. Doesn't matter what's inbetween those two points. Because at the end of the day? You're still paying real money to get ahead of the curve in a video game.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    Except it was done in droves by the shady third party sites sad fact is the supply and demand are going to be there no matter what. Difference is

1. Safer lil Timmy isn't getting his identity stolen or scammed cause he wanted to buy gold

2. Better for Blizz (money goes to them)

3. Better for players allows them to literally go F2P if they so choose

The big issue is the trade chat and group finder spam....
    By that logic, Blizzard should be selling bots in the store, since people are doing it in droves anyway, potentially compromising their accounts by shady third party software. Better for the player to pay for a Blizzard-endorsed bot once, and make a nifty sum of gold (i.e. game time and other goodies) rather than resorting to questionable tools - or accepting that your in-game purse will never be on par with legal botters'.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

You provided anecdotes that in no way shape or form proved your point. As I said before you can play most P2W games without paying. It's also very clear that English isn't your native language as you often write the exact opposite of what you're trying to convey (like the street fighter guy).

There isn't a single game in this world that's a pure P2W game. It's an aspect that can get added to games. What you're doing here is saying look at all these other parts that are not P2W and thus the game is not P2W, But things aren't simple like that, Wow can both be an MMORPG and a P2W game.

You were nitpicking about the money in your previous post. I merely refuted your claim. You again seem to misunderstand what I said your capacity for holding normal conversations and understanding even the most simple concepts seems severely impaired. And yes paying someone to win for you irl is paying to win, a genius revelation on your part. Yet again it's not relevant to the topic at hand.

That's cool and all, but that's an irrational opinion to hold . An 8 hour advantage is an 8 hour advantage and if you paid for it it's Pay 2 Win no matter how trivial the advantage. an instant lvl 60 is a win to some people and a loss to others who can't afford it.
    Last edited by P for Pancetta; 2021-06-10 at 12:04 AM.

you can use real money to buy boosts and stuff but money doesnt give you anything you cant get in game...
    actually you need to pay to play anyway and you cant win if you cant play so yes it is pay to win

It is pay to getting BiS items, yes. At least for some slot it is the case. Those items you can buy on the auction house for ingame currency. This currency you can buy for real money!

Those Items make your character more valuable when it comes to joining a PvE/PvP Raid or Party. Therefore it is Pay2Win. Thanks are going out to greedy Activision, who fckng up our beloved WoW more and more, year by year.

Doesn't matter what your definition is. I could say my definition of P2W is if you so much as look at a product and think of buying it, the game is P2W, then cite it in a discussion as if it has any weight. [/I]
    Oh and whose definition does? I'd like a link
    My Collection

10+ Year Old Account
    You provided anecdotes that in no way shape or form proved your point. As I said before you can play most P2W games without paying. It's also very clear that English isn't your native language as you often write the exact opposite of what you're trying to convey (like the street fighter guy).

There isn't a single game in this world that's a pure P2W game. It's an aspect that can get added to games. What you're doing here is saying look at all these other parts that are not P2W and thus the game is not P2W, But things aren't simple like that, Wow can both be an MMORPG and a P2W game.

You were nitpicking about the money in your previous post. I merely refuted your claim. You again seem to misunderstand what I said your capacity for holding normal conversations and understanding even the most simple concepts seems severely impaired. And yes paying someone to win for you irl is paying to win, a genius revelation on your part. Yet again it's not relevant to the topic at hand.

That's cool and all, but that's an irrational opinion to hold . An 8 hour advantage is an 8 hour advantage and if you paid for it it's Pay 2 Win no matter how trivial the advantage. an instant lvl 60 is a win to some people and a loss to others who can't afford it.
    Allright, you won mate. It's clearly pay to win.
    I'm off to play the game now, without paying a dime, while winning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pie Eater View Post
    Have you read the planned frost mage "nerfs" ?!? It's like nerfing a hangman's rope by coloring it blue.
    Mr. Smith about the cost of Triple-spec
    3k gold right off the bat, about 5 silver a week later.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodmoth13 View Post
    you can use real money to buy boosts and stuff but money doesnt give you anything you cant get in game...
    actually you need to pay to play anyway and you cant win if you cant play so yes it is pay to win
    lol all games you pay for are p2w, I like it
    My Collection

If I want to have my BiS Ring I need to spend gold for it on some classes/specs. Same with other Items/Slots. And thanks to actiblizzard you can legaly buy gold for real cash, which is a nogo in every mmorpg.

So stop arguing, since it is not possible to grind those items easily like you could if they would drop in a M+ Dungeon.
    Last edited by spasut; 2021-06-10 at 12:38 AM.

That's how I do it too. But I can still say it's a P2W game. Another great example is Assasins Creed (all the last ones) a single player game with amazing P2W elements.

Quote Originally Posted by Delano View Post
    Well the actual issue is people claiming that you need to "win" for something to be considered P2W, because you know, it has the word "win" in it. What it REALLY means is to gain an advantage.

- - - Updated - - -

I think 90% of the confusion here comes down to what P2W actually means, with many hiding behind "but you dont WIN". I would like to present a few scenarios that may or may not be considered P2W, and my opinion on them:

1) Items that can ONLY be purchased with real money, and cannot be obtained in game, AND are equivalent or better than high end items in game. For me, this is without a doubt P2W.

2) The same items as above, the only difference is they are obtainable through gameplay. This is still P2W in my book.

3) Indirect item purchase from the in game store through "premium" currencies that are purchased with real money, and then used in game to purchase items. This is the same as above, just with an extra step.

4) Indirect item purchase from other players, using a currency that can be purchased in game - this is wow - exchange your money for gold, use that gold to purchase items from other players. In this scenario not only can those items be obtained in game, but it is actually a requirement that someone obtain the item and then decide to sell it in game. This is what we are ultimately discussing now.

5) 3rd party purchases that go directly against the TOS of the game - paying money for carries, purchasing items or characters of ebay, etc etc. This is not P2W, as it is expressly forbidden by the developers.

6) Cosmetic only items, similar to other games offering skins, that have zero gameplay implications - a normal mount is fine, one that has vendors and auctioneers or consumables, that is a bit of a grey area.

In all these scenarios you can replace "items" with services that allow you much faster gearing / leveling / boosting, and I don't believe that changes anything. I think the reason there is some debate about whether selling tokens and using that gold to buy items from other players is P2W is that everyone has access to those items, and for a player with millions of gold, it probably doesnt seem P2W at all, as they simply buy the items with the gold they have earned in game. The main difference between 3 and 4 is that in 3, the items are right there, on the store, ready to be purchased at any time for a fixed price by any player, while in 4, someone has to go out, complete the content, obtain the item, and decide to sell it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

Can I with a wow token use the gold from that to buy ahead of the curve, gear, consumable, or the highest pvp rating? If yes, then it is p2w as I have technically completed the hardest content not through skill but with my credit card.

With that in mind, does me skipping a large chunk of the leveling have the same affect? Yes and it is p2w. As it means I narrow the gap from having to level from 1-60 to instead 50-60 and also means I can sooner accomplish a goal of paying gold from a token for a carry of the harder content to get ahead of the curve.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    3) Indirect item purchase from the in game store through "premium" currencies that are purchased with real money, and then used in game to purchase items. This is the same as above, just with an extra step.
    And what if that premium currency can be also purchased from other players but not with money ex selling items you farm in game?
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    And what if that premium currency can be also purchased from other players but not with money ex selling items you farm in game?
    I have absolutely no idea what you are asking here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.