Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    I'd encourage you to re-read my reply. Focus in on the part where I said that was intentional.
    It doesnt make the point you think it does lol. Not by a long shot

Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    It doesnt make the point you think it does lol. Not by a long shot
    Cool, thanks for your feedback.

Ill take "things people say when they cant justify their dogshit arguments after being backed in a corner" for $400

Ill take "things people say when they cant justify their dogshit arguments after being backed in a corner" for $400
    You could also choose to read any of the other dozens of posts in this thread where I clarified my position.

10+ Year Old Account
    The goalposts have shifted so hard in this thread it's not even about the original topic anymore. It was done on page one.
    Remember: Words are not violence.
    Make your own groups!!!

Is very nuanced.

Is all about the "reasonability" of the time saved to get the power over others in PvP.

For example, it takes you 1 year of playing everyday of FIFA to get a all star team.
    Thats not...reasonable.

So...this is the reason why this page have 160 pages...amongst other reasons.

You could also choose to read any of the other dozens of posts in this thread where I clarified my position.
    Your takes are awful, truly. Theyre full of non-sequiturs and sprinkled with fallacy. Digging any deeper into your posts on this discussion, is a complete waste of time. Theyre just trash.

Your takes are awful, truly. Theyre full of non-sequiturs and sprinkled with fallacy. Digging any deeper into your posts on this discussion, is a complete waste of time. Theyre just trash.
    lmfao okay. You could, you know, come up with an actual counter argument too.

lmfao okay. You could, you know, come up with an actual counter argument too.
    I did and this was your response:
    Do you need me to break down the sequence of events?

Or should I lean into the part where I said, "Digging any deeper into your posts on this discussion, is a complete waste of time. Theyre just trash."?

I did and this was your response:

Do you need me to break down the sequence of events?

Or should I lean into the part where I said, "Digging any deeper into your posts on this discussion, is a complete waste of time. Theyre just trash."?
    I'm asking you to discuss an actual argument I'm making instead of a dumb fucking meme that was intentionally bad (to prove a point). Dismissing all of my posts in this topic as "trash," is a very blatant cop-out.

I'm asking you to discuss an actual argument I'm making instead of a dumb fucking meme that was intentionally bad (to prove a point). Dismissing all of my posts in this topic as "trash," is a very blatant cop-out.
    Digging any deeper into your posts on this discussion, is a complete waste of time. Theyre just trash.
    Nah, Ill just wait for your next dogshit point and ridicule you for that one too. "To prove a point" lmao... ooookay..

Nah, Ill just wait for your next dogshit point and ridicule you for that one too. "To prove a point" lmao... ooookay..
    Oh, oh... I know this one!

:^)

Oh, oh... I know this one!

:^)
    Oh damn, yeh man... you really backed me into a corner by countering the argument that I didnt make, nor did you counter lmao. Youre a clown.

Oh damn, yeh man... you really backed me into a corner by countering the argument that I didnt make, nor did you counter lmao. Youre a clown.
    I mean, you seem to be arguing that you don't need to argue against an argument I did make so that you can ::checks notes:: ridicule an argument I didn't make. Man, this is confusing.

I mean, you seem to be arguing that you don't need to argue against an argument I did make so that you can ::checks notes:: ridicule an argument I didn't make. Man, this is confusing.
    I can see youre confused. We can slow down, if youd like. Make it easier for you.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    It is so bad in fact that it has become one of the most P2W MMOs out there.
    Even people who hate WOW know that statement is bullshit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your hypothetical is easy to defeat since a majority of boosting communities still use RMT transactions to this day. Just like they did before the WoW token existed. Removing the WoW token does nothing other than take away a way for a lot of people to pay for their monthly subscription. It doesn't remove boosting, it doesn't diminish any of the "P2W" aspects of the game you dislike. Your problem isn't the WoW token, it's capitalism. And guess what? We live in a society my dude, deal with it.

Got any sources (other than "dude trust me") that the WoW token has "became the main driver and focus of revenue from WoW in Blizzard's eyes"?

Totally. "The vast majority" is RMT because the thousands of gold boosts spammed in every corner of the game everyday are somehow the minority. Again that fantastic logic. In your fantastic world average people would chose extra risks for rmt instead of buying token with Blizzard's cheers and seals of approval.

And finally the typical shill " bro do you have the affidavits from Kotick and ATVI accountants for that obvious common knowledge ? "

Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    Totally. "The vast majority" is RMT because the thousands of gold boosts spammed in every corner of the game everyday are somehow the minority. Again that fantastic logic. In your fantastic world average people would chose extra risks for rmt instead of buying token with Blizzard's cheers and seals of approval.

And finally the typical shill " bro do you have the affidavits from Kotick and ATVI accountants for that obvious common knowledge ? "
    There aren't "extra risks" with RMT these days. Buying a boost with RMT from a boosting community is about as legitimate as buying a WoW token. (And, like I said, cheaper and more immediate than the Blizzard alternative.) There's no need to compromise accounts anymore because two expansions of being able to farm infinite gold have given these communities enough virtual capital to last a million lifetimes. The boosting communities only pay the people who do the boosts in gold so there's multiple levels of culpable deniability. Don't believe me? Here's ex-raid leader of Method (now Echo) saying they bought gold from a boosting community that got shut down for RMT last year.

Still don't believe me? Go ahead and check out the names of all the top boosting communities. They're all Chinese. Wonder why that is?

Keep in mind, also, that I'm not saying that there aren't people who do buy WoW tokens for boosts. I'm sure these people exist. But I don't think it's nearly as endemic as you seem to think it is, especially given how legitimate boosting for RMT is these days. You could make a compelling argument that the token has helped create legitimacy for RMT boosting and I'd be inclined to agree with you there but, again, this is more of a hollow rebuke of capitalism than it is the token itself.

And finally, in the absence of an actual argument, you've decided to call me a shill and pretend that your baseless accusation is "common knowledge."
    Last edited by Relapses; 2021-10-16 at 01:31 PM.

If spammed promotions and adverts show something is done by a majority, then the majority of players in Vanilla were buying gold and character boosts. Personally though I don't think you can really gage how much something is used based on how often it is advertised.

Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    The token never created boosting. Boosting predates tokens. And if you honestly believe that without the token, boosting would die, you're completely delusional.
    I never said boosting would dissappear, boosting as you said, has always existed, but not to the degree we see today. The only way these boosting communities survive is because people who dont have time to play the game pay real money for gold that can be used for boosts.

It's the very definition of pay to win.

Boosting was a thing pre-token, but it was reserved to the people who played the auction house or farmed their ass off. Not just joe schmo who wanted to drop a 100 bucks to get his alts geared in a week.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    The sky is not the limit with the token though. Other players farming the gold is. It is possible for tokens to sell out and have none available for purchase.
    It's circular, so infinite really.

I sell a token to you for gold, i give the gold from the token to you for a boost, repeat.