Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    ummm they kinda did admit failure they literally gave a refund to anyone who wanted one
    While saying that they regret that it didnt meet the expectations of the players, such a non-apology that they might as well called everyone whiny bitches. Remember that they not only released a sub-par remaster, they also permanently deleted the old client so you cant even go back to superior version.

WC3 Roc and The Frozen Throne is an iconic and phenomenal game that it deserves to be in anyone's library, if for some reason you have lost the original CDs (as i did), reforged is a good alternative.

I bought Reforged and i did not refund and i do not regret it, it is what i expected from the start to be, i did not feel cheated and i really wanted it to be in my library once again.

If you are someone that care about the RTS genre and you have not played WC3 yet (that would be insane), do yourself a favor and just buy this game.

Quote Originally Posted by ek0zu View Post
    WC3 Roc and The Frozen Throne is an iconic and phenomenal game that it deserves to be in anyone's library, if for some reason you have lost the original CDs (as i did), reforged is a good alternative.

I bought Reforged and i did not refund and i do not regret it, it is what i expected from the start to be, i did not feel cheated and i really wanted it to be in my library once again.

If you are someone that care about the RTS genre and you have not played WC3 yet (that would be insane), do yourself a favor and just buy this game.
    reforged is not an alternative

alternative is to *snip* old version and play it normally without need to stay online 25/8 and paying money to someone who ruined "iconic and phenomenal" game

Don't advocate/promote piracy, please. -Edge
    Last edited by Edge-; 2021-06-16 at 04:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you wanna just play the Campaign its fine, but don't go near the Multiplayer :P

Quote Originally Posted by Trbn View Post
    reforged is not an alternative

alternative is to torrent old version and play it normally without need to stay online 25/8 and paying money to someone who ruined "iconic and phenomenal" game
    yeah that too :P

Quote Originally Posted by BeepBoo View Post
    They basically never actually salvage shit, though. They either abandonware™ it, or they say "we know this stuff is crap, wait till next expansion where we'll fix it for sure!" (proceeds to introduce new system that is essentially the same thing, only half-giving players what they want and usually causing new problems in the process).
    Admitting failures and fixing failures are two entirely different things. The post I quoted stated Blizzard has too big of an ego to admit their failures, which simply is not true.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    While saying that they regret that it didnt meet the expectations of the players, such a non-apology that they might as well called everyone whiny bitches. Remember that they not only released a sub-par remaster, they also permanently deleted the old client so you cant even go back to superior version.
    Once again, apologizing for something is not the same as admitting a failure. You people really need to learn the meanings of words before you make arguments that are beside the point of a statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Neuroticaine View Post
    Once again, apologizing for something is not the same as admitting a failure. You people really need to learn the meanings of words before you make arguments that are beside the point of a statement.
    "We are sorry that we didnt meet your (overblown) standards" is not an apology.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The-Shan View Post
    wasnt the team for this disbanded?
    Actually they make fusion of D3, W3 Refunded and HOTS making into one. So i don't except any patches anymore. Last time i've played, still no option to play custom campaings, unless they are maked using Refunded editor like Invasion Of Kalimdor revamped.

However, i must say, the guy who maked this, did quite well job.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sadly it is seems almost completely abandoned, the game that put them on the map was not even considered important enough for them as it cannot be monetized enough.
    So it is not worth buying still sadly, really want to play through it all again but it just feels wrong to reward them with that amount of money for a game in such a state.

It is most likely a symptom of what the culture is like at blizzard nowadays, this is an interesting read on that https://massivelyop.com/2021/06/04/b...-blizzard-2-0/

Link to bloomberg article in the massively one, because that is where i picked it up from.
    “My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Sadly it is seems almost completely abandoned, the game that put them on the map was not even considered important enough for them as it cannot be monetized enough.
    So it is not worth buying still sadly, really want to play through it all again but it just feels wrong to reward them with that amount of money for a game in such a state.

It is most likely a symptom of what the culture is like at blizzard nowadays, this is an interesting read on that https://massivelyop.com/2021/06/04/b...-blizzard-2-0/

Link to bloomberg article in the massively one, because that is where i picked it up from.
    Yeah, Blizzard doesn't seem to care about their image at all these days. WC3 Refunded was a quick cash grab and there's no money in trying to fix the game. No one is going to buy it anyways after what they did to the game so they'll just leave it to rot. It's almost symbolic of the degeneration of this once great company; not even Warcraft 3, the game that got so many people attached to Blizzard's IPs gets spared from their greed.

I'm afraid the roots won't heal this time.
    The absolute state of Warcraft lore in 2021:
    Kyrians: We need to keep chucking people into the Maw because it's our job.
    Also Kyrians: Why is the Maw growing stronger despite all our efforts?

10+ Year Old Account
    I will never understand how this happened, really. They shat all over a gold mine and blamed someone else for the stink. Not only they failed literally every expectation, but they also destroyed their legacy, because apart from graphics, Reforged is a downgrade from classic W3.

I can only shrug at this idiocy. Shrug and find classic W3 through.. other means, since my 100% legit copy of the old version, bought with my money, has been neutralized by the current abomiantion.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormwolf64 View Post
    They can refuse to admit whatever they want, doesn't change that more or less everyone views it as a failure. Arrogance should have it's limits, and they should show some goodwill towards their customers, which is a lot more fruitful in the long run.
    It's probably the case of game deemed not worth being fixed. It earned w/e money it could (has no micro-transactions to my knowledge so no recurring $) before going into top 10 worst games of the year of pretty much every reviewer so fk it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    I will never understand how this happened, really. They shat all over a gold mine and blamed someone else for the stink. Not only they failed literally every expectation, but they also destroyed their legacy, because apart from graphics, Reforged is a downgrade from classic W3.

I can only shrug at this idiocy. Shrug and find classic W3 through.. other means, since my 100% legit copy of the old version, bought with my money, has been neutralized by the current abomiantion.
    Inexperienced team + huge time pressure. At least it seems that they learned their lesson looking at early impressions of D2: Resurrected.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post

Diablo Immortal presentation is Blizzcon is what happened. They cannibalized the RTS team to boost production on Shadowlands, D4, and OW2. Heroes of the Storm was the visible victim of that "reshuffle", but Reforged was under that team as well. How do I know this? Heroes devs said publicly on the subreddit that there was overlap on the teams before the whole thing fell apart.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    It's probably the case of game deemed not worth being fixed. It earned w/e money it could (has no micro-transactions to my knowledge so no recurring $) before going into top 10 worst games of the year of pretty much every reviewer so fk it.

- - - Updated - - -

Inexperienced team + huge time pressure. At least it seems that they learned their lesson looking at early impressions of D2: Resurrected.

I'd still appreciate a "Sorry guys, we fucked up. We took some shortcuts to rush it out the doors to reduce development time and cost. Here's your money back and we'll promise to never repeat this in the future. Also, Warcraft 3 original Bnet is restored"

A nice start. But you know, who gives a fuck about lowly customers so they'll never feel the need to do anything like that or actually be held accountable for deceitful behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormwolf64 View Post
    I'd still appreciate a "Sorry guys, we fucked up. We took some shortcuts to rush it out the doors to reduce development time and cost. Here's your money back and we'll promise to never repeat this in the future. Also, Warcraft 3 original Bnet is restored"
    They did literally everything except the last part

They just can't get anything right with War3 after The Frozen Throne.
    Remember, they also failed to see the potential of custom games and sat on fucking Dota for about a decade before its creators went to Valve (and then they lost it in court).

Their thought process in the decisions about online play and custom games in Reforged should've been enough for everyone to realise they're getting screwed. Since Team 1 is dissolved now, do not expect anything beyond minor balance changes to heroes.

It was never really in a bad state tbh. People just had different expectations to what the product actually was.

It got a lot of hate for not remastering every cinematic, but come on. We see them once and forget about them, it's not important.
    It sucks that they changed the ToS so that they "own" every mod, but it doesn't affect 99.99% of players.

I enjoy reforged and the updated graphics and I can only recommend it.

EDIT: I also totally agree that the "fusion" of the original WC3 into Reforged was a terrible move. Pretty dumb for people not wanting Reforged to still download a 20GB+ game to play the "original". But I guess it was the easiest way for cross-play between the old and new, which is a fantastic addition.
    Last edited by Acelius; 2021-06-14 at 07:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Acelius View Post
    EDIT: I also totally agree that the "fusion" of the original WC3 into Reforged was a terrible move. Pretty dumb for people not wanting Reforged to still download a 20GB+ game to play the "original". But I guess it was the easiest way for cross-play between the old and new, which is a fantastic addition.
    I think this is the main part of why people are so ticked off. If the new one had just been meh, then whatever. People would have played the old client. But they essentially erased one of the biggest RTSs in the past 18 years. Not to mention you have to sail the high seas if you want to play any of the custom campaigns ever again.
    Last edited by Nerraw; 2021-06-14 at 08:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    It's really quite something when you consider contracting a studio to be a "lesson learnt", especially if you consider the Diablo Immortal saga of "close to release" to "under review" to "nowhere to be found".

Quote Originally Posted by Acelius View Post
    It was never really in a bad state tbh. People just had different expectations to what the product actually was.
    I feel like the expectation was that it wouldn't perform worse than the game that already existed is not an unrealistic expectation.
    I know you said you think fusing the games was a bad idea (because it was) I'm not trying to suggest you didn't but I've still gotta say defending the game does not pass the vibe check.

I as someone who has owned this game for 19 years can no longer play the 'good' version in multiplayer with my friends and when my CD's invariably die I will no longer be able to play the 'good' version of WCIII (legally) at all.
    It's absolutely bonkers that blizzard has essentially removed the legal option to buy and play the game that essentially established the company for this clanger. If nothing else, from a games preservation standpoint blizzard, is practically pissing on its own history.
    Charging money so that fans can play a worse version of a game that already exists (while retroactively removing said game from existance) is so farcical it's practically self-parody.
    Hell, it's an achievement all on its own they managed to take a 19-year-old game that's so robust it ran like butter even then (even modded to the gills) and somehow made it run worse on modern hardware and still had the gall to unironically release it as a product people should pay money for.
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?