Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Question #KarmaIsReal? Boaters Harass Family Moments Before Vessel Catches Fir

Hope everyone had a safe and fun Long Weekend.
    It's always been a given to me; when there's a fellow hiker, camper, boater in distress you help them out. But what if those people were just harassing or threatening you moments earlier?

Boaters who allegedly shouted slurs at a boat that had Pride flags on it, got a taste of humble pie recently when they had to be rescued by the very group they had been harassing.

Boaters who allegedly shouted slurs at a boat that had Pride flags on it got a taste of humble pie recently when they had to be rescued by the very group they had been harassing.

TikToker @Uhohbigboi was out on the lake with his family for Memorial Day when they ran into some boaters who apparently objected to the rainbow flag flying from their boat. The boaters allegedly shouted gay slurs at the LGBTQ+-supporting family and circled their boat in Moses Lake, Washington.

The TikToker captured some of the harassment on video. In the viral video, which has been viewed over 4.9 million times since being posted on Monday, a woman can be seen giving the finger to the boaters.

The video then cuts to the boaters in the water as their boat had “blew up.” The video shows their boat engulfed in flames and heavy smoke.

“We safely got them out of the water immediately. We were nicer than they were,” the caption on the video reads.

I love the rural parts of that state. Even though they dont love us back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh lord..

Can't believe I laughed so much..

Almost woke up my kid.

This is the perfect example of karma doing its job!

Haha, brilliant!

Even better when watching the little clip of video!
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Did they actually check for official records? Because "tiktokers" are notorious fakers for whatever bullshit they want to get clicks for. The coincidence here seems rather suspicious, also the video has more cuts than a duck that got sucked into the turbine of a plane..
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

7+ Year Old Account
    “We safely got them out of the water immediately. We were nicer than they were,”
    These are exemplars of the LGBT community. They helped people even though they disagreed with their ideology. Now the rest of the community will be inspired by them to do the same. When you help folks you disagree with then you make them your friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Did they actually check for official records? Because "tiktokers" are notorious fakers for whatever bullshit they want to get clicks for. The coincidence here seems rather suspicious, also the video has more cuts than a duck that got sucked into the turbine of a plane..
    Given the videos, that's a ton of effort (and money) for some fake internet points.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Given the videos, that's a ton of effort (and money) for some fake internet points.
    People spend plenty of money on fake “internet points/sympathy”, I can recall a few fake hate crimes.

Granted it would be amusing if this is true but I wouldn’t be surprised if it was faked.

I wouldn't have denied them some healthy swimming.

Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    When you help folks you disagree with then you make them your friends.
    Yeah, no.

“The passengers were quite rude, shouting over us, ignoring my [inquiries] about their well being when on the 911 call and smoking a Vape pen on our boat without even so much as asking if they could; several passengers of our boat have asthma,” Robbie told The Post.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...ng-prideflags/
    Quote Originally Posted by Adolecent View Post
    I'm getting infracted by an American moderator on an American topic promoting/advocating weapons on a childrens forum, what else to expect on an American forum. I'm done here and i'm going to leave you one thing to remember:
    [extremely graphic picture of dead children]
    Hope you sleep well. With the lack of empathy the majority of you show i guess that won't be a problem. BB

Quote Originally Posted by Rustedsaint View Post
    People spend plenty of money on fake “internet points/sympathy”, I can recall a few fake hate crimes.

Granted it would be amusing if this is true but I wouldn’t be surprised if it was faked.
    Exactly, definitely a schadenfreude moment, but I'm generally cautious when it comes tiktok as it's full of fake stuff. Burning down an old scrap boat would hardly make the cut as far as expenses go.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Fire on that boat looks completely staged. That's a lot fire on otherwise small boat. Almost as it was purposefully filled with extra burning material.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Quote Originally Posted by Azadina View Post
    Fire on that boat looks completely staged. That's a lot fire on otherwise small boat. Almost as it was purposefully filled with extra burning material.
    Could be fake, but its a small gasoline boat. Some people arent the smartest, mabye they keep a gasoline tank on it to not have to doc and refuel. Just takes some little spill on the floor and some dumb ass to drop like a cigarette on it to start some intense burning.

10+ Year Old Account
    These are exemplars of the LGBT community. They helped people even though they disagreed with their ideology. Now the rest of the community will be inspired by them to do the same. When you help folks you disagree with then you make them your friends.
    No you don't you only tolerate the stupidity of those who take now responsibility for their actions often like Trumpsters and the idiots who boat sank
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Law kinda forces you to help people in distress, mate. They had no choice.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    For people not familiar with party boat culture. Having a cooler filled with flavored vodka, fireballs, and Jägermeister ... is totally normal. Fireworks, also not uncommon.

If you really want to "keep it real" ... you sometimes have a stripper pole on your boat.

No end to the amount of weird shit people will put on their boat.

This might surprise you, but most boats are made out of materials that aren't exactly resistant to fire. One of the greatest hazards on the water is actually fire, gasoline, plastics, woods, insulation, paint etc most of that stuff will go up in a blaze as soon as you fart on it. Considering the hull in the rear of the boat in the picture is visibly on fire that boat is probably mostly made out of plastics and fiberglass.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post

umm so you got some proof to back this up because most states do not have any kind of law that makes this a requirement. you are in a few states are required to rescue if you are the reason for the thing that caused the distress like you being involved in a car accident.

The only other place where its is when you have a relationship with that person, like your child.

Are you making shit up? Way to push bullshit to diminish the great thing they did.

Cause the closest things on the books in that state is.. being required to call for help if you are involved. Since they didn't crash into each other they are technically not involved, they did not even have legal liability to have to call 911/coast guard/etc.

RCW 9A.36.160
    Failing to summon assistance.
    A person is guilty of the crime of failing to summon assistance if:
    (1) He or she was present when a crime was committed against another person; and
    (2) He or she knows that the other person has suffered substantial bodily harm as a result of the crime committed against the other person and that the other person is in need of assistance; and
    (3) He or she could reasonably summon assistance for the person in need without danger to himself or herself and without interference with an important duty owed to a third party; and
    (4) He or she fails to summon assistance for the person in need; and
    (5) Another person is not summoning or has not summoned assistance for the person in need of such assistance.

Also the few states that have a law will allow for you to not help when it puts yourself in danger. Those people on the other boats could have easily claimed this just based on the possible dangers caused by the people in the other boat.

Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

This I have to correct. Unless they are your children, you caused the person to be in distress through your own actions or a worker of yours that you pay(duty to care/rescue), there is no law in the US that requires someone to help someone else, even if they are on the verge of dying. There are laws that prevent from being sued if you do help someone but that is a different story.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    (3) He or she could reasonably summon assistance for the person in need without danger to himself or herself and without interference with an important duty owed to a third party; and
    (5) Another person is not summoning or has not summoned assistance for the person in need of such assistance.
    This makes it sound like you need to be a Mage or a Warlock.

"Here, you're hungry? Let me summon some food for you."

Quote Originally Posted by gondrin View Post
    This makes it sound like you need to be a Mage or a Warlock.

"Here, you're hungry? Let me summon some food for you."
    fucking monk hater!! i can summon a chicken type creature to run around and heal people like a spaz!!!
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    umm so you got some proof to back this up because most states do not have any kind of law that makes this a requirement. you are in a few states are required to rescue if you are the reason for the thing that caused the distress like you being involved in a car accident.

The only other place where its is when you have a relationship with that person, like your child.

Are you making shit up? Way to push bullshit to diminish the great thing they did.

Cause the closest things on the books in that state is.. being required to call for help if you are involved. Since they didn't crash into each other they are technically not involved, they did not even have legal liability to have to call 911/coast guard/etc.

RCW 9A.36.160
    Failing to summon assistance.
    A person is guilty of the crime of failing to summon assistance if:
    (1) He or she was present when a crime was committed against another person; and
    (2) He or she knows that the other person has suffered substantial bodily harm as a result of the crime committed against the other person and that the other person is in need of assistance; and

Also the few states that have a law will allow for you to not help when it puts yourself in danger. Those people on the other boats could have easily claimed this just based on the possible dangers caused by the people in the other boat.

This I have to correct. Unless they are your children, you caused the person to be in distress through your own actions or a worker of yours that you pay(duty to care/rescue), there is no law in the US that requires someone to help someone else, even if they are on the verge of dying. There are laws that prevent from being sued if you do help someone but that is a different story.
    46 U.S. Code § 2303

(a)The master or individual in charge of a vessel involved in a marine casualty shall—
    (1)render necessary assistance to each individual affected to save that affected individual from danger caused by the marine casualty, so far as the master or individual in charge can do so without serious danger to the master’s or individual’s vessel or to individuals on board; and
    (2)give the master’s or individual’s name and address and identification of the vessel to the master or individual in charge of any other vessel involved in the casualty, to any individual injured, and to the owner of any property damaged.
    (b)An individual violating this section or a regulation prescribed under this section shall be fined not more than $1,000 or imprisoned for not more than 2 years. The vessel also is liable in rem to the United States Government for the fine.
    (c)An individual complying with subsection (a) of this section or gratuitously and in good faith rendering assistance at the scene of a marine casualty without objection by an individual assisted, is not liable for damages as a result of rendering assistance or for an act or omission in providing or arranging salvage, towage, medical treatment, or other assistance when the individual acts as an ordinary, reasonable, and prudent individual would have acted under the circumstances.
    46 U.S. Code § 2304

(a)
    (1)A master or individual in charge of a vessel shall render assistance to any individual found at sea in danger of being lost, so far as the master or individual in charge can do so without serious danger to the master’s or individual’s vessel or individuals on board.
    (2)Paragraph (1) does not apply to a vessel of war or a vessel owned by the United States Government appropriated only to a public service.
    (b)A master or individual violating this section shall be fined not more than $1,000, imprisoned for not more than 2 years, or both.
    46 U.S. Code § 2301

Except as provided in sections 2304 and 2306 of this title, this chapter applies to a vessel operated on waters subject to the jurisdiction of the United States (including the territorial sea of the United States as described in Presidential Proclamation No. 5928 of December 27, 1988) and, for a vessel owned in the United States, on the high seas.
    Those waters subject to the jurisdiction of the United States naturally include all lakes and inland waters. No, I'm not talking out of my ass. I rarely do, actually. I just know how laws work, I know that some laws and concepts are universal. That's why I can make these claims and then simply dig for the respective US code when people like you claim I'm making shit up.

There is a concept in law called "judiz", I haven't found a translation for it, but basically it describes a person's natural intuition about a legal decision. Some people are better at "guessing" the legal nature of a thing and others are really fucking bad at it.

You two somehow wanted to believe a hero story (mind you, they're still fucking heros, this doesn't take away from it at all) and happily wanted to sacrifice your own critical thinking for it. It happens, no big deal. Additionally you two were looking in the wrong spot, an understandable mistake.
    Last edited by Slant; 2021-06-03 at 08:54 PM.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

46 U.S. Code § 2303

46 U.S. Code § 2301

Those waters subject to the jurisdiction of the United States naturally include all lakes and inland waters. No, I'm not talking out of my ass. I rarely do, actually. I just know how laws work, I know that some laws and concepts are universal. That's why I can make these claims and then simply dig for the respective US code when people like you claim I'm making shit up.

There is a concept in law called "judiz", I haven't found a translation for it, but basically it describes a person's natural intuition about a legal decision. Some people are better at "guessing" the legal nature of a thing and others are really fucking bad at it.

You two somehow wanted to believe a hero story (mind you, they're still fucking heros, this doesn't take away from it at all) and happily wanted to sacrifice your own critical thinking for it. It happens, no big deal. Additionally you two were looking in the wrong spot, an understandable mistake.
    The problem with this is that it only involves vessels involved in the event(maritime casualty).
    https://www.law.cornell.edu/cfr/text...occurs%3B%20or

The thing is, that would only generally pertain to the boat that caught on fire as the other boat had nothing to do with that as they didn't cause the fire. Hence why they are not duty bound to help if they wanted to.

The problem with this is that it only involves vessels involved in the event(maritime casualty).
    https://www.law.cornell.edu/cfr/text...occurs%3B%20or

The thing is, that would only generally pertain to the boat that caught on fire as the other boat had nothing to do with that as they didn't cause the fire. Hence why they are not duty bound to help if they wanted to.
    I agree, I included another section that may be more applicable, but of course now we can debate what "at sea" means. In Canada it absolutely includes inland waters, for example. But it's certainly not as clear as you guys thought it was. And I'm fairly certain I would be able to get a case through where this results in a duty to assist. I reject the idea that these guys pose a danger, btw. They're drowning, have no weapons and no evidence of violent tendencies except a middle finger and some obscenities. If that constitutes a danger, society would have to shut down. I see worse stuff on my way to work every day.