Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    So sorry this isn't a post about the semantics of "world first" or "classic first" but out of curiosity what kind of comp did they use, did they struggle with any bosses, did they stack consumes crazy, or did the bosses just sort of fall over?
    Raid bosses will always be very similar so long as encounter design requires DPS to always be pumping 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by garicasha View Post
    So sorry this isn't a post about the semantics of "world first" or "classic first" but out of curiosity what kind of comp did they use, did they struggle with any bosses, did they stack consumes crazy, or did the bosses just sort of fall over?
    They wiped 8 times on Magtheridon.

Yes they used a lot of consumables, and eight hunters.

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    This thread is literally in the "classic wow" section of the forum, everything is about classic no need to mention it specifically.
    That’s just an inference and doesn’t take away from the title.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    Hunh it's gotta be a bit of a buzzkill to get a classic-first Magtheridon kill...and not parse 100? How's that even work lol, viewed the log after other people had done it?
    Raid bosses will always be very similar so long as encounter design requires DPS to always be pumping 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    Idk why people are so bitter. Who cares if people cleared the current tier 2 days in?
    They aren't bitter, it's just mainly retail players trying to take any pretext to go shit on Classic. It's been the case since before Classic even released, the butthurt is real.
    Meanwhile, 95 % of players aren't even in Netherstorm yet, I'm having an absolute blast to the point that I'm whining because I need to go work and stop geeking all day, and I see people wiping regularly in NORMAL instance.
    Raid content will be plenty "hard enough" for the overwhelming majority of people and probably even "downright hard" for, dare I say, a good amount of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    Ah, the usually idiotic thread filled with 90 % of retards who try to act all vindicated because people who already did the content, are among the best players of the world and have been able to prepare for it, down to optimizing their leveling path, for months, manage to do it quickly
    And still manage to wipe to... not clicking cubes.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

I always thought the sports-world obsession with moronic "first ever" stats (x player is the first to ever score 15 3-pointers in a home game while wearing black shoes and scoring 10 assists and 5 rebounds) because I didn't think anyone was actually interested.

And then along comes "world first" on content that was already cleared 14 years ago.

Look, whatever, you want to say it's a "TBC Classic world first", fine. Will you also celebrate and make a thread about the "world first mythic sire 9.1" when the new patch comes out? Did anyone call it a new "world first" when someone cleared x raid on a newly released server back in actual TBC/Wrath? It's like those people who find the most niche possible game that no one else plays and then start "speedrunning" it so they can say they have the world record at it... Congrats I guess, but 99.99% of everyone who has ever played a videogame doesn't care.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    And still manage to wipe to... not clicking cubes.
    Maybe it means the fight isn't as easy as it's laughed to be then.

Or they're not very good, hence why they're struggling with an easy mechanic in TBC Classic instead of doing mythic on retail.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    Or they're not very good, hence why they're struggling with an easy mechanic in TBC Classic instead of doing mythic on retail.
    If you say so. Wouldn't want to stand between you and your denial.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    pshaw, l2click

oh the fight is easy no getting around that

but that doesnt mean people dont make silly mistakes or arent taking it seriously for the first few times,i mean method and limit have their fair share of examples of silly mistakes on even easier stuff than clicking a cube

our guild got helya mythic down in like top 100 eu,we got a world first speed kill in en,killed kj before the nerfs(hardest shit i ever done by the end of it i was on autopilot)

so fairly decent group you would think?well those same players wiped for 2 hours on nythendra >_<

and I see people wiping regularly in NORMAL instance.
    I mean, you see people failing +12s regularly. Says more about the people than they instance - not to say that normal instances are actually hard (I wiped like 15 times yesterday in normal HoA) because people interrupting is not an option and butt pulling/people thinking that they can pull for the tank and there it is.

Tho that is HoA exceptionally - multiple patrols and lots of trash in the way. Havent wiped in PF/Mists at all.

I don't think anyone plays TBC for cutting edge "challenge" unless you are speedrunning. TBC has superior average player progression where the raids aren't too hard so you can attain your BiS by playing, unlike retail, if you struggle, gear won't carry at all unless you are already good enough and lets face it, character progression in retail is shit and most of competitive people view lack of gear as a block towards their goals, not a progression path - including myself, I hate that my BiS trinket drops from raid which I don't do, so it just obstructs me from pushing as hard as I could in m+.
    Obviously there are other systems which people like, but in regards to raiding it challenges you plenty, but it's not out of your reach unless you play the game by clicking your spells slower than GCD and backpaddle/keyboard turn.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    so fairly decent group you would think?well those same players wiped for 2 hours on nythendra >_<
    This. Most wipes we had in EN raid was 30-40 I believe besides one boss. Xavius was killed like a joke on 7th pull BUT we had 140 wipes on Nightmare dragons. I can't remember what the issue was there, but it was add/boss positioning and control. And according to many people that boss was easier than spider/ilgy/Cenarius/Xav.

Anyway, those wipes mean nothing in raiding. I can remember myself in TBC, playing shadow priest with healing gear because I wanted to help.
    Trading my T4 items for protection warrior tierset as a furry warrior because I wanted to survive longer and my friend told me to do the same thing as he did. And we were raiding ZA, we were doing Gruul, Kara. First boss in BT after they lifted attunements. Maybe Supremus too? I can deffo remember us getting fucked in RoS.

I mean if I could do SOME of the fights back then, I don't know what I would be able to do now

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    oh the fight is easy no getting around that

but that doesnt mean people dont make silly mistakes or arent taking it seriously for the first few times,i mean method and limit have their fair share of examples of silly mistakes on even easier stuff than clicking a cube
    Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    I mean, you see people failing +12s regularly. Says more about the people than they instance
    The problem is that going for this, nothing is ever hard, and "difficulty" becomes nonsensical. Most video game forums ends up as a contest of humblebragging where everything is easy and only people being bad or not paying attention fail. I trust more reality check and how often people actually wipe or die, and try not to simplify difficulty to "easy and hard and nothing in-between".

If top players extremely invested in the game die 8 times on a fight during a world first race, I'd say the fight is maybe not "that faceroll easy". This doesn't translate in "tHe hard3st F1ghT 3v3r !", this just means that most players will have a decent or hard challenge with it, which seems to fit "difficult" much more than the constant one-upmanship on the forums.