Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisnumbers View Post
    no one says tbc is hard.
    I mean.. This guy does:

Quote Originally Posted by Jdance View Post
    Yes I guess these people are le creme of the crop. I'd argue that a boss like mag is at least a 200+ pull Fiesta for the majority of the guilds out there though. It looked super intense watching it earlier.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm still level 63 playing hard-core, so we will see

That guys next response is literally going to be gatekeepinf existence

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    Still, even then i keep underestimating the world 1st racers
    I would've guessed at least a 20-25hours leveling time alone even for the sweaty ppl. This was impressive for sure.
    Why would you expect 20-25 hours today when it was already 22h back in the day ?

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    Yeah.. 15 years ago when it was relevant maybe. Now it´s about having fun. It´s not fun to "kill" all the fun within one day...
    And some people find it fun to be the best, fastest, strongest, even in something that has been done before.
    People today still play chess, kalaha and other games that are 1000's of years old.
    It is about being competitive. Either a person is competitive and wants to be the best he can be or a person isn't competitive and doesn't want to be the best he can be.

You should remember that your fun isn't everybody's fun. It might even be that your "fun" is the "fun" of the minority. Or not, who knows.
    I could just as well write: "Now it is about having fun. It is no "fun" to be intentionally bad at a game". But I didn't, because I know that fun is subjective.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by T-34 View Post
    Because some people find it fun to be 1st?
    The desire to be the best, fastest, richest, strongest, getting all the ladies etc. is what have driven humanity from shitting in caves to where we are now.
    Absolutely, and this will also be the end of humanity because one day a genius comes up with a plan to turn oxygen into something you no longer have the right to use without paying. But that is fine, because this genius is only driven by the need to be the richest, because it’s ”fun”.
    Peak of humanity and a grrrrrrreat market, enjoy!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pie Eater View Post
    Have you read the planned frost mage "nerfs" ?!? It's like nerfing a hangman's rope by coloring it blue.
    Mr. Smith about the cost of Triple-spec
    3k gold right off the bat, about 5 silver a week later.

10+ Year Old Account
    Does anyone really care? It's basically down to whoever no lifes the most and gets to 70 and near 70 first as the content is still quite trivial compared to the content we've been used to over the years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    I think Brutallus will fall over from class stacking if anything else. At least the guild on my server never did a whole lot of class stacking.
    Indeed, neither did we and we had to kite him when he hit berserk on our first kill \o/

Pretty sure we're gonna see Warlocks, Mages and Hunters being the most played classes. Though IIRC hunters drop off the DPS meters towards the end of TBC, whilst Warlocks climb? Perhaps Rogues are better than hunters with glaives..

But seeing a shitton of Warlocks and Mages, for sure.

Kinda the same with dps warriors in classic, I sure as hell didn't see many of those back in the old days..
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Cuppy View Post
    Absolutely, and this will also be the end of humanity because one day a genius comes up with a plan to turn oxygen into something you no longer have the right to use without paying. But that is fine, because this genius is only driven by the need to be the richest, because it’s ”fun”.
    Peak of humanity and a grrrrrrreat market, enjoy!
    What? This... No words...

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    Indeed, neither did we and we had to kite him when he hit berserk on our first kill \o/

Pretty sure we're gonna see Warlocks, Mages and Hunters being the most played classes. Though IIRC hunters drop off the DPS meters towards the end of TBC, whilst Warlocks climb? Perhaps Rogues are better than hunters with glaives..
    Warlocks and Rogues scale incredibly with gear this expansion and end up top by miles, but you're right about the Hunters starting off with.

Rogues with Glaives, DST and Madness and Warlocks with the offhand from Winterchill, Skull of Gul'dan and (forgot what the other bis trinket for Destro was - Shrunken head from ZA?) simply aren't catchable at most efficient group composition

Oh hey, the rush mindset back at it again!

Having level 70 that early just means that explotiative or clever use of game mechanics were used, nothing impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    It´s sad that people rush through it. What´s the point on it.
    It's fun. You are competing against other players, not bosses.

Obviously there are "it has been done 15years ago" bla bla bla. You weren't competing against other players on the same level. It's like saying like "well, people ran ultra-marathon X years ago so it does not matter" - It does, because it's not the run which provides the competition now, it's the participants.

It's always prestigious to do something for the first time - i.e. swim across the sea and whatnot, but you can find prestige in execution/speed too. 3 People kill Onyxia for example, Darksouls Speedrun too.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    That's not what ''world first'' means tho lol. It's a you-first at best

So people are already clearing the raids about 24 hours after release of the expac? What's harder? Leveling or end-game raiding in tbc?
    "World first TBC CLASSIC Gruul kill"
    so yes it is still world first.
    its not the world first GRUUL kill but its the world first CLASSIC GRUUL kill

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    It's fun. You are competing against other players, not bosses.

Obviously there are "it has been done 15years ago" bla bla bla. You weren't competing against other players on the same level. It's like saying like "well, people ran ultra-marathon X years ago so it does not matter" - It does, because it's not the run which provides the competition now, it's the participants.

It's always prestigious to do something for the first time - i.e. swim across the sea and whatnot, but you can find prestige in execution/speed too. 3 People kill Onyxia for example, Darksouls Speedrun too.
    People like to play the game in different ways, not that surprising. The majority of the players has a pretty chill / casual approach though, I would assume? Casuals are a majority on retail, but I'm actually not sure how it's at for classic as I haven't really played it..?

Is the min/maxing part of the playerbase in classic a majority? It's what made me not want to play classic actually, the fact that there's so much of that stuff going on, the twitch infestation, the boosting, etc. I know boosting existed in vanilla mind you, but not to the extent I've seen on twitch/youtube etc.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    People like to play the game in different ways, not that surprising. The majority of the players has a pretty chill / casual approach though, I would assume? Casuals are a majority on retail, but I'm actually not sure how it's at for classic as I haven't really played it..?

Is the min/maxing part of the playerbase in classic a majority? It's what made me not want to play classic actually, the fact that there's so much of that stuff going on, the twitch infestation, the boosting, etc. I know boosting existed in vanilla mind you, but not to the extent I've seen on twitch/youtube etc.
    I don't think that there is difference between Classic content min-max and casual retail content min-max. When it comes to being competitive gameplay it probably worse in Classic due to there being clear winners/loosers while in retail I can still kick ass in higher level m+ as a non-meta spec and not feel any repercussions. Ofc when you go into 23+ it's more or less meta only besides some extraordinary class players.

To clarify "casual content min-max" - mean basically no min-maxing. I can play any class any spec and everyone is ok.
    I met some entitled people in classic tho, but just brushed it off as "you have to play classic this way" player. Was pretty surprised that actually dungeons are pretty easy as long as you use your spells correctly, barely any hard CC is needed, just interrupts/kiting. Quite a few wipes due to butt-pulling when you do high level dungeons with low level players but most of the people were chill about it too.

Can't comment on raiding content. Most raids are EPGP/Boost runs and me being new to classic couldn't enter. Tho I imagine being pretty easy due to bosses having no mechanics.
    Last edited by erifwodahs; 2021-06-03 at 12:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by OCoyne View Post
    The speculation was Slave Pens tagging. A very common exploit when levelling a Death Knight when WOTLK first came out where you'd enter SP with a group, leave the group, tag the mobs and let the other 4 people kill the mobs within the 60 seconds time period before you're hearthed out for leaving the group and then re-invited again to reset the timer to receive maximum exp.

It's certainly a bannable offence, I got banned for it myself when I levelled my DK on WOTLK release (72 hour ban - Extreme cases of it had their levels rewinded back to the start of the exploiting). Whether it's true or not that the exploit was used we'll never know.
    There was also the bug with item restoration and layering/repeat quest turn-ins. Nobody was streaming but 60-63 in 30 min is insanely fast.

15+ Year Old Account
    Holy shit, amazeballs! It's almost like they've all done it before and are using 15 years of data, tactics and private server experience! But no... That would be silly.

Come on guys, at this point they're like world 20,000th. It's fun for the guys to do it, but that's about it.
    Last edited by Malania; 2021-06-03 at 01:59 PM.

All tbc bosses will die in one day... and that’s ok too. People have had 15 years to study, practice and memorize every detail of every fight

And yet, somehow, it’s still more satisfying than mythic raid retail kills. And the gear is more valuable and has more longevity which is important. Gear doesn’t become invalidated come t5 or t6 patch like a patch does tor retail gear.

What people like about classic is the structure... the feel of an rpg. Gear that matters. Etc. not the boss difficulty

There's never going to be any significant "race" or challenge in re-released content. There is no progress, you already know literally everything you can possibly know about every fight. At best it's considered reclearing farm content on alts.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

Hehehe im still 20% short of level 62.

People make unreasonable sacrifices for this.

How's the progression looking ?

How many pulls on Gruul?