Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Not super stoked to be honest. DLSS wasn't a major game changer for me and made the overall picture quality look blurry. I preferred to keep it off and various other settings to get the performance I wanted.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BeepBoo View Post
    They're pretty damn close if you turn off AA (which.. the entire point of 4k is to no longer need aa due to pixel density).
    Having recently switched from 4k60 to 1440p160, I can 100% promise, 4K will not magically remove the need for anti-aliasing. There was still a noticeable difference with and without anti-aliasing. Not as big of a difference as it makes at lower resolutions, but, but we don't have the pixel density yet at 4K, especially if you choose to game on displays larger that 27"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    It would help if people remembered that names are irrelevant and it is the place in the product stack that matters. The 3080Ti’s place in the stack is the Halo product (as the 2080Ti was last gen). The 1080Ti was NOT the Halo product - the Titan Xp was. The 1080Ti was the penultimate/enthusiast card, which is the spot filled by the 2080 and 3080 in those stacks. If you look at the pricing (MSRP, ofc, current pricing is just chaos), the 1080Ti, 2080, and 3080 are all about the same price (699$ for all three).

So its really more about the place in the stack, not the name. The names change. Especially if were talking about AMD. Stick to like-for-like comparisons within the product stack.
    Yeahno...

1080Ti used pinnacle chip same as Titan of that generation with all the cores unlocked. In fact it was actually better than said Titan due to bumped clocks.

Then later on Titan XP was released as a fix to 1080Ti actually being better than Titan, with a tiny sliver more cores.

Same as 3090 vs 3080Ti now.

Overall, my whole point is that I always bought top end for gamers until this cursed generation.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2021-06-15 at 10:02 AM.