Page 1 of 18
... LastLast

The problem with alliance bias.

Here we are in Shadowalnds and still none of the problems the Horde has are fixed.
    Alliance has:

better cities
    better characters
    more development
    more zones
    better immersion
    better world building
    and is generally hailed as the cradle of civilisation on Azeroth.

Horde always gets shafted and ends up holding the short end of the stick. If we want to make the game equal we need to give the Horde a huge boost.

Horde needs:

a huge boost in their leader cast.
    a new style of architecture for the race who used to be savages.
    the remaining parts of the core races to join the playable Horde. In this case the Gurubashi tribe, the Amani tribe, the Grimtotem tribe and the remains of the dark and fel Horde.
    being allowed to kill some Alliance heroes so that the blue team suffers real defeats.
    do these Blizzard and the game counts as being fixed.

For the Horde! Lok’tar!

So bring in folks who were hostile to the Horde?

Nah, Silvermoon especially needs to stay well clear of dark and fel Horde.

Don't want colour variations of Troll and don't want to feel like I'm always playing the villain, when I play Blood Elves and Nightborne, who have done what they could to survive under hard times.

Naah Horde need to go back to the old days, when they where the "evil" choice and that was accepted and even a big part of why some people picked them.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanaria View Post
    So bring in folks who were hostile to the Horde?

Nah, Silvermoon especially needs to stay well clear of dark and fel Horde.

Don't want colour variations of Troll and don't want to feel like I'm always playing the villain, when I play Blood Elves and Nightborne, who have done what they could to survive under hard times.
    The Horde in bfa was broken beyond repair. My takes can fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by Grazrug View Post
    Here we are in Shadowalnds and still none of the problems the Horde has are fixed.
    Alliance has:

better cities
    better characters
    more development
    more zones
    better immersion
    better world building

Horde always gets shafted and ends up holding the short end of the stick. If we want to make the game equal we need to give the Horde a huge boost.

Horde needs:

the remaining parts of the core races to join the playable Horde. In this case the Gurubashi tribe, the Amani tribe, the Grimtotem tribe and the remains of the dark and fel Horde.
    being allowed to kill some Alliance heroes so that the blue team suffers real defeats.

For the Horde! Lok’tar!
    Counter there is horde bias. lets go point by point.

better cities:
    you still have: silvermoon, lorderaon is blight but undead can live there after its cleaned, ogrimmar, thunder bluff, dezalor, suramar, high mountain, goblin city.
    Alliance has: exodar, iron forge, stormwind, boralus and mechagon.

So number wise you win. But lets look at the qaulity. I think you mean looks, functionality etc. Both exodar and silvermoon cross eachother out in both regards. Would give silvermoon being more pretty award. But i not.

So that leaves ironforge, stormwind and boralus and mechagon. The last one is still not really there yet after its civil war. Boralus and dezalor also cross each other out.

So that leaves ironforge and stormwind vs lorderaon, ogrimmar, thunder bluff, suramar , high mountain and goblin city. Yeah even if half the horde ones suck. if the rest is still on par with the alliance . the horde wins this one easy.

1 point for the horde

better characters: Depens on what you call better. Yes we have more alive ones. But the amount of story/use of them is way less then the horde. In the last few expansions i have spent more time with thrall, saurfang, sylvannas then i have with any alliance leader. But ours are still alive.
    I would call this one a draw.

more development:
    what does this even mean? allied races you get all new druids forms that where really new and not just reskins. Story wise you are also infront on many aspects. So be more clear...what do you mean with that? Last few expansions its been about horde cities getting raided, horde attacking , horde heroes and horde villians?

more zones: euuhhh what? you have the whole of kalimidor after the burning of teldrassil and destroying ashenvale/darkshore. And you have the top part of EK 2. So you have 1 continent + some zones on the other ones. So you win that with ease.

1 point for the horde

better immersion: Again a very what does this even mean story. I guess you mean, the story draws you in more. Has more to do with you as a faction. Yeah there i think it is a bit better for the alliance.

1 point for the alliance

better world building: again, huh? your kidding right? We are mostly just there to push the horde story forward. Anduin was just there to open the gate for saurfang. It was saurfangs quests. In most big lore things the alliance can be replaced by a random faction in the last few expansion. The horde can not.

other point for the horde

and is generally hailed as the cradle of civilisation on Azeroth: both lore and non lore wise that would be the trolls.

1 point for the horde

so 4 vs 1. horde wins. hell better racials ( even blizzard said at last blizzcon there is something off there :S).

your wish list:

a huge boost in their leader cast. I agree, but the alliance needs more stories around there hero's. This expansion is the first 1 in a while where both factions are dealing with a alliance hero. And hell he is being mind controlled by the bad guy and has only shown up in some cutscenes. While the horde boss is a full on raid boss using the alliance hero as a Add :S:S

a new style of architecture for the race who used to be savages. wait what? If you do not like the look, do not join the horde. the horde is about that look. And btw silvermoon?

the remaining parts of the core races to join the playable Horde. In this case the Gurubashi tribe, the Amani tribe, the Grimtotem tribe and the remains of the dark and fel Horde. i agree. But the same could be said for allliance. Wilde hammer dwarfs, high elves. And dude..you guys atleast got your trolls and upright orcs etc. We got zealot space goats and emo discarded blood elves ( oohh and fat humans).

being allowed to kill some Alliance heroes so that the blue team suffers real defeats. Varian, and just got teldrassil burned to a crisp. Several of our well know alliance members where killed in darkshore. Suffer real defeats. Have you even played BFA? we pretty much lost most of the time there.

do these Blizzard and the game counts as being fixed. nope even more bias for the horde then. I think you should really play a alliance hero from 0 to 60 and do all the lore stuff. believe me i have done it for both sides. and some of your list is just really BS.

Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    Naah Horde need to go back to the old days, when they where the "evil" choice and that was accepted and even a big part of why some people picked them.
    According to Statistics,

16% of total realm pops are Blood Elves.

About 5-7% for Orcs/Tauren/Undead/Trolls.

Blood Elves, the one core non-monstrous race on Horde, is literally three times as popular than the competition, basically making up nearly half of the Horde by itself.

You can prefer the monstrous angle if you want, hell I do too, but the non-monster options are strictly more popular.

The Horde in bfa was broken beyond repair. My takes can fix it.
    No they don't.

It appeases those people who want stupid faction expansions after faction expansions. Haven't you got it yet...? Faction war expansions are a disaster! I don't want anymore and my races' cities still stand.
    Silvermoon and Suramar are the two cities that I care about and they are still around.

Nobody ever wins in an faction war expansion - they need to be made history.

Your "problems" are entirely subjective.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryzeth View Post
    Your "problems" are entirely subjective.
    The Alliance won. The Horde lost. Alliance bias ruins the game.

Alliance has:

better cities
    better characters
    more development
    more zones
    better immersion
    better world building

Horde needs:

For the Horde! Lok’tar!
    can alliance get more ppl playing them then? horde should get everything alliance may have all that but horde has bigger player bease coz of the racial screw up

Silvermoon and Suramar still stand.

I count that as pure victory for the Horde.

Honestly - destroying the Undercity is a good move. How uncouth for Elves to go into a city of ugly corpses and walking through sewers.
    Last edited by Tanaria; 2021-06-03 at 10:31 AM.

Bloodsail Admiral Smallfruitbat's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, the horde needs a bit more development as do some of the less prominent alliance races but there are only so many hours you can fit in. Blizzard pick one or two characters and then forget about the rest, unfortunately they tend to have significantly more humans and orcs at the forefront.

When was the last time we had some character development for Baine; apart from being kidnapped? I cannot remember who the chief Panda's are supposed to be? Overall, they could do better.

won what? bfa...you mean where we lost kalimidor and lost 3 zones. 1 that is burned to a crisp...yeah that is winning :P

Some innovation in architecture would be good. Those spiky huts and tents got really old, especially compared to stuff like Suramar. It's ridiculous really. Orc/trolls/tauren should catch up with the rest of the world.

Bloodsail Admiral Smallfruitbat's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bagina View Post
    Some innovation in architecture would be good. Those spiky huts and tents got really old, especially compared to stuff like Suramar. It's ridiculous really. Orc/trolls/tauren should catch up with the rest of the world.
    I spent very little time in Thunder bluff, maybe I'm missing something but the aesthetic always feels perfect for the race.

Quote Originally Posted by baskev View Post
    won what? bfa...you mean where we lost kalimidor and lost 3 zones. 1 that is burned to a crisp...yeah that is winning :P
    3 zones? Teldrassil I'll grant you, but the Alliance canonically won both warfronts and to my knowledge still hold Lordaeron.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    They were never the "evil" choice. Well, under Garrosh and Sylvanas maybe, but in general, the original intent was to show that neither the Alliance nor Horde was good or evil, but members of each faction fell could be seen as such.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    >Alliance Bias
    >Sylvanas being the main focus for 2 expacs now.

Quote Originally Posted by Razion View Post
    According to Statistics,

16% of total realm pops are Blood Elves.

About 5-7% for Orcs/Tauren/Undead/Trolls.

Blood Elves, the one core non-monstrous race on Horde, is literally three times as popular than the competition, basically making up nearly half of the Horde by itself.

You can prefer the monstrous angle if you want, hell I do too, but the non-monster options are strictly more popular.
    Evil does not equal monstrous.

Although evil is the wrong word. Barbarian is more accurate.

Horde constantly shitting on the Aliance since Cata, nuking and burning cities (Theramore, Teldrassil, Lordaeron) and game is Ali biased.. yee sure dude