10+ Year Old Account

Question How could something so simple take so long to add?

I am talking about the planned Reconnect Button on the Login Screen. It's WAY overdue and should've been added a long time ago.

Hopefully Classic and TBC Classic get one too.

No more having to reboot the game or reenter your password to log back in ^_^
    ...Ok, time to change the ol' Sig ^_^

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

Thanks for this thread. I actually unsubscribed from WoW until they add this game-breaking feature.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurabolt View Post
    I am talking about the planned Reconnect Button on the Login Screen. It's WAY overdue and should've been added a long time ago.

Eh. Not really needed for me but it is a good QOL item.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

7+ Year Old Account
    OH NO! I have to spend less then thirty seconds to relog.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Battle.net Launcher signs you in automatically once you hit "Play." So, just close the game and hit Play.
    "We learn from history, that we learn nothing from history." - George B. Shaw

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkeymootwo View Post
    Are you getting disconnected sooooooooooo much that you feel this should be any sort of priority?
    I wouldn't if Offline Play were possible personally.
    ...Ok, time to change the ol' Sig ^_^

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

5+ Year Old Account
    Oh they actually add it? It used to take me like 1 minute or more to log back in. Guess the best change i've seen in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by dfsdfvh View Post
    Oh they actually add it? It used to take me like 1 minute or more to log back in. Guess the best change i've seen in a while.
    Says a lot about the current state of wow lol.

"something so simple" -- OP who very clearly did not major in computer science.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Quote Originally Posted by Aurabolt View Post

Remember, that Ion promised to add switching to other character without relog?

There is actually problem with reconnect. It's insecure. Client has to store auth data in order to implement this feature. And this auth data can be stolen and used on another computer.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

7+ Year Old Account
    I agree that this is infuriating.
    Actually the game should make an effort to automatically reconnect, just throw me another loading screen or something..
    I don't even remember my password anymore, so this always leads to alt+f4 > press play on battle.net anyway..

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remember, that Ion promised to add switching to other character without relog?

There is actually problem with reconnect. It's insecure. Client has to store auth data in order to implement this feature. And this auth data can be stolen and used on another computer.
    Switching char without relog should be less of a security issue, though, as you are already logged in.

Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    "something so simple" -- OP who very clearly did not major in computer science.
    Yo chill, hes obviously talking conceptually.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeymootwo View Post
    Are you getting disconnected sooooooooooo much that you feel this should be any sort of priority?
    at the moment? no
    during first week or two of new patches? absolutely
    not to mention the increased likelihood of dcs on PTR and for addon developers/testers while testing their latest changes

is it the most annoying issue in the game? not by a longshot
    is it really annoying every time it does happen? yes
    how long has it taken to address it? oh about a decade and a half... so yeah, it really does feel like an "about damn time" moment

Quote Originally Posted by Xosimos View Post
    The Battle.net Launcher signs you in automatically once you hit "Play." So, just close the game and hit Play.
    Basically this.

Just X out of the game and click play on b-net again, that's basically your reconnect right there.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well what about you make a post to blizzard about the other small and easy to add things you think should be added already instead of, you know, shitposting on mmo-c.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..