Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ...
8
9
10
11
12
LastLast
  1. #181
    Quote Originally Posted by marcusblood View Post
    It's still bullshit they make you do stuff most people don't wanna do for flying.

    #FireIon
    .....it's literally just playing the game

    If most people don't want to play the game then we wouldn't even have this discussion

  2. #182
    Quote Originally Posted by Valerossi View Post
    OT: Not a fan of them gating flying for another 2-3 weeks after 9.1 finally drops , just another way to milk this lacklustre expansion.
    It's in x.1 instead of x.2 patch and also it's just the campaign you'd do anyway no stupid daily rep grind for 3 weeks. Definately an impovement, I hope next expansion we'll get in in x.0 after playing through it's campaign.

  3. #183
    Its funny seeing all the people complain about Renown 40 and what will apparently only be needed to get to Renown 44-46? With all the crazy catch up's you blink and can gain multiple levels of Renown with minimal effort. Yet all these people complaining about this "grind" are saying that TBC is amazing?!? Have any of these people played TBC? Are they forgetting the rep grind to just get the keys to be able to do Heroic Dungeons? Or how about the insane attunement questlines/bar needed to fill to even set foot in the raids?!?! If I remember right, though its been forever since I did a TBC raid, I believe everyone in the Raid also had to be attuned or at the minimum completed the initial chains. Or how about the Netherwing rep grind, collecting the few scattered eggs that EVERYONE is also searching for, and you had to of course have flying unlocked to even worry about that..... All of you are complaining about the Shadowland grinds and stuff stuck behind them when they are NOWHERE near as bad as the grinds in TBC, yet you're damning one and praising the other?

  4. #184
    Scarab Lord
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    4,946
    Quote Originally Posted by Walkerbo View Post
    Re-read the second sentence from the blue post.

    Upon completing a quest contained within the "The Last Sigil" storyline, you’ll be rewarded with Memories of Sunless Skies. This consumable item allows all characters on your account to purchase the Riding Skill needed to fly within the four main Shadowlands zones!
    it is worded extremely badly. you need to have purchased expert riding skill (225) to be able to fly in SL which is what they are referring to. I literally just finished the quest on the PTR a couple of minutes ago and used the item and bam! I could fly. so again there is no additional purchase needed of anything to fly in Shadowlands assuming you have already learned how to fly from the riding trainer

  5. #185
    Quote Originally Posted by marcusblood View Post
    It's still bullshit they make you do stuff most people don't wanna do for flying. #FireIon
    You don't want to do dungeons? Raids? World Quests? Story quests? Why are you playing the game if you don't want to do anything it offers? Because after a few weeks renown catch up mechanics will come into play and you'll be able to earn flying from doing anything those mechanics work with. Or you could do two weeks of story quests and Renown quests and have flying.

    Just so you can set on your flying mount while complaining on forums how much you don't want to play the game.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  6. #186
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Renown fucking 40?! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! Holy shit, are they TRYING to make Shadowlands absolute fucking garbage in every way they can?
    40 is the max so far so if ur not at that level and you play since release do one of 2 things. if you bitch about it mean you have more free time then you know what to do with it or .delete ur toon,unsub and never come back
    The difference beteween genius and stupidity... genius has its limit

  7. #187
    basically these threads and comments are usually people complaining of 2 things...
    1) having to actually play the game and it components(which is utterly strange...)
    2) "I'm mad because flying isn't available the instant the patch drops... I'm going to play TBC!...it was so much better!" (really? the gates and grinds there are long and required as well)
    Personally I think most of these people should just go play another game lol

  8. #188
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    Yea im pretty sure that was specially worded to indicate the consumable only grants you the ability to purchase the riding skill for flying like a fucking Costco card. It was unfortunate they omitted what that would be...
    I'm 100% certain you will be wrong as on the PTR the consumable gives you the riding skill at no additional cost. It absolutely was poorly worded.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by musicallittle1 View Post
    I'm not taking anything the wrong way, I'm taking it the "I speak English and this is what they wrote" way. I understand it's a consumable, they wrote it wrong, not just terribly. Flat out wrong, and I don't know why, because the way we all react when they do stuff like that cannot be the desired outcome of any developer lol.

    No need to even use that whole sentence about purchasing. Just say you will receive a consumable that, once clicked, will unlock flying account-wide. Ta-da, I did it for them, nothing confusing in that statement!
    NO you took it hte wrong way. There was absolutely nothing confusing in what they wrote. People just want to throw a fit.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by marcusblood View Post
    It's still bullshit they make you do stuff most people don't wanna do for flying.

    #FireIon
    How dare they make you actually play the game to earn flying. Those fiends!

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    It's in x.1 instead of x.2 patch and also it's just the campaign you'd do anyway no stupid daily rep grind for 3 weeks. Definately an impovement, I hope next expansion we'll get in in x.0 after playing through it's campaign.
    You won't. They have already sated they like how things are set up and what you see this expansion is the future. You are not going to get flying right away anymore.

  9. #189
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    NO you took it hte wrong way. There was absolutely nothing confusing in what they wrote. People just want to throw a fit.
    You just got done saying it was poorly worded. If something is poorly worded then it is by default confusing. At no point does the consumable enable you to purchase something. You use it and get the skill. That is not purchasing. You get the consumable from a quest. That is not purchasing. Stop saying it is both confusing and not confusing depending on the person you reply to.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  10. #190
    catch up mechanic isn't enough. It should drop from every boss kill, every piece of content, etc.

    EXAMPLE: I don't do M+. I refuse to ever step foot in choreghast again. im stuck at about cov 36 because all my guild did is raid mythic at about 8/10 levels before collapsing. No covenant's for me. I'd be forced into hours of content i hate just to catch up and then turn around and grind out for flying.

    Thanks, but no thanks. TBC gives me flying pretty much day 1 without any effort at all other than leveling up. No hoops required, just a "thanks for playing, no here's flying"

  11. #191
    Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    catch up mechanic isn't enough. It should drop from every boss kill, every piece of content, etc.
    If you are behind Renown gains are doubled once patch 9.1 launches. You don't have to jump through hoops to catch up with Renown. You just have to the main activities of the game. You say you are stuck at 36 when that is just 4 behind the current cap. And 8 away from flying once Patch 9.1 launches since it requires 44 renown. It is also silly to say no covenants for you when you've already gain 36 renown and made use of a covenant.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  12. #192
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    If you are behind Renown gains are doubled once patch 9.1 launches. You don't have to jump through hoops to catch up with Renown. You just have to the main activities of the game. You say you are stuck at 36 when that is just 4 behind the current cap. And 8 away from flying once Patch 9.1 launches since it requires 44 renown. It is also silly to say no covenants for you when you've already gain 36 renown and made use of a covenant.
    it's quite simple, it only drops from content that's either below my skill lvl thus i dont see it (normal/heroic clears) or content i don't want to do. which means unless you clear mythic raid you'll never see them without stepping foot into lower raids for hours, or wasting time in choreghast again, or doing M+ which i won't bother with this expansion cuz i don't enjoy them.

    So yeah, i have no real way to get it without wasting half a day's worth of time. Thanks, but no thanks. TBC classic makes it easier

  13. #193
    Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    So yeah, i have no real way to get it without wasting half a day's worth of time. Thanks, but no thanks. TBC classic makes it easier
    You also have no reason to need flying since the content that is "below your skill level" is the only places flying can be used. Callings and the World Boss are fast renown catch ups that are hardly a half a days worth of effort. You are also 4 away from the cap which means you didn't find the content to be beneath your skill level for the first 36 Renown. Weird right?
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  14. #194
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    There are plenty of people who don't no-life the game and aren't at 40. Or people who have taken a break. The grind required for this is actually worse than the profession grinds in the past.
    No life the game? They even have catch-up mechanics in game and have for months. You can be super casual and long since be 40 by now and then some. This means you simply DO NOT ply the game if you haven't been 40 since...oh.....the last 4 months....

    You're just THAT far behind and play THAT little. It's blizzard catering to people who can barely play the game is why it's the shit show that it is.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    There's absolutely no "no-life" required to reach renown 40 at this point in the expansion. You get it passively from literally every source of activity.

    Also: https://www.icy-veins.com/forums/top...g-in-patch-91/

    But I guess it's easier to non stop bitch about something all the time.
    This 100%^^^^^ Their are people that barely play...and they play mostly to bitch that they can't barely play.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by bledgor View Post
    The complaints in this thread are actually fucking sad. "How dare blizzard demand I play the game in order to get things in the game, I should just log in and have everything for free".

    Two weeks into the first big content patch is early for flying. For those of you that "quit" in this thread, do everyone including yourself a favor and stay away from MMO, fully quit the game and don't come to the fansite about it.

    Does seem with them making posts like this that 9.1 is close.



    If these people cant be bothered to do simple story lines and current content (which give you renown) don't think they will enjoy grinding away from rep to do heroic dungeons in an out dated game. Also lol at BC being better than shadowlands, its better than vanilla sure but there is a reason SO MANY changes were made to the game.

    We quit playing retail because it 100% is garbage. And SL's is the worst. BFA was bad. And you think it's going to get better? And to tell people to "go away" because they don't like the bastardized game called retail wow? retail wow is NOT an MMO. It's anything but.

  15. #195
    Quote Originally Posted by Xires View Post
    We quit playing retail because it 100% is garbage. And SL's is the worst. BFA was bad. And you think it's going to get better? And to tell people to "go away" because they don't like the bastardized game called retail wow? retail wow is NOT an MMO. It's anything but.
    What are the requirements for something to be an MMO?
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  16. #196
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    You also have no reason to need flying since the content that is "below your skill level" is the only places flying can be used. Callings and the World Boss are fast renown catch ups that are hardly a half a days worth of effort. You are also 4 away from the cap which means you didn't find the content to be beneath your skill level for the first 36 Renown. Weird right?
    It's basically the week my guild decided we were done with heroic clears. my reknown stopped overnight then. I won't be going into the maw to collect souls, i won't bother with choreghast again, M+ is not content i enjoy, and i don't want to do world bosses or callings every week.

    I don't understand why every single mythic raid boss kill doesn't drop it. It literally is something i won't bother with for a 3-4th expac in a row to do their unnecessary chores to unlock something i should have had day 1, and have already unlocked half a dozen times in the past. It's just incredibly awful game design. 0/10 bad game design.

    It literally is the case that classic TBC is easier to unlock flying in and that costs a fortune, but it is given to you by the time you hit 70 all the same.

    Meanwhile, retail asks me to unlock flying every expac and i'm quite frankly sick of it.

  17. #197
    Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    Meanwhile, retail asks me to unlock flying every expac and i'm quite frankly sick of it.
    Every expansion required you to unlock it.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  18. #198
    To infinity and beyond det's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The forums
    Posts
    37,019
    Quote Originally Posted by froschhure View Post
    Renown is not content! It is the most cheap way to give instructions on top it is heavily time gated, which makes it unplayable in your own pace. If this continues into the next Expansion, kiss wow goodnight
    Ooooooh.....but since ppl like you SEE through the problems and STILL don't quit....nobody ever kisses WoW goodnight. You hate that there is no content and you hate the timegate...but you pay and play. And I totally get your frustration of still being unable to keep your wallet closed and still paying Blizzard.

  19. #199
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Every expansion required you to unlock it.
    that's my point. it used to be just "hit lvl cap, pay your fee" and you were done. that was a simpler and infinitely superior system. The convoluted hoops they ask you jump through since WoD just to fly are absolutely absurd. Simply absurd. Our characters just "forget" how to fly. Bad game design is bad game design.

    and this is like the 4th expac in a row, and the most tedious to unlock it. No thank you.

    When you can say ANYTHING about TBC was easier and less time consuming than retail... it's time to re-evaluate your position on this.

  20. #200
    Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    that's my point. it used to be just "hit lvl cap, pay your fee" and you were done. that was a simpler and infinitely superior system. The convoluted hoops they ask you jump through since WoD just to fly are absolutely absurd. Simply absurd. Our characters just "forget" how to fly. Bad game design is bad game design.
    Our characters always forgot how to fly. They also learned how to fly but couldn't fly in Eastern Kingdoms or Kalimdor. It isn't bad game design just because you don't like it. There are no convoluted hoops to jump through even before Shadowlands. Gaining rep, exploring, doing quests wasn't convoluted. In shadowlands it is even less of an issue because you gain the requirements naturally from playing the game.

    If you aren't willing to play the game just a little bit then you don't even need flying. Because you'll never be willing to use it. Leveling wasn't easier or less time consuming in TBC. Gearing up for a raid wasn't easier or less time consuming. Do you not know that attunements and shadow resist gear were road blocks? Professions are easier to level up now because the levels are per expansion.

    It is time to re-evaluate why you play the game if you need to lie about TBC and refuse to do 99% of the retail portion of the game.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •