Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    Meanwhile, retail asks me to unlock flying every expac and i'm quite frankly sick of it.
    Every expansion required you to unlock it.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Every expansion required you to unlock it.
    that's my point. it used to be just "hit lvl cap, pay your fee" and you were done. that was a simpler and infinitely superior system. The convoluted hoops they ask you jump through since WoD just to fly are absolutely absurd. Simply absurd. Our characters just "forget" how to fly. Bad game design is bad game design.

and this is like the 4th expac in a row, and the most tedious to unlock it. No thank you.

When you can say ANYTHING about TBC was easier and less time consuming than retail... it's time to re-evaluate your position on this.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    that's my point. it used to be just "hit lvl cap, pay your fee" and you were done. that was a simpler and infinitely superior system. The convoluted hoops they ask you jump through since WoD just to fly are absolutely absurd. Simply absurd. Our characters just "forget" how to fly. Bad game design is bad game design.
    Our characters always forgot how to fly. They also learned how to fly but couldn't fly in Eastern Kingdoms or Kalimdor. It isn't bad game design just because you don't like it. There are no convoluted hoops to jump through even before Shadowlands. Gaining rep, exploring, doing quests wasn't convoluted. In shadowlands it is even less of an issue because you gain the requirements naturally from playing the game.

If you aren't willing to play the game just a little bit then you don't even need flying. Because you'll never be willing to use it. Leveling wasn't easier or less time consuming in TBC. Gearing up for a raid wasn't easier or less time consuming. Do you not know that attunements and shadow resist gear were road blocks? Professions are easier to level up now because the levels are per expansion.

It is time to re-evaluate why you play the game if you need to lie about TBC and refuse to do 99% of the retail portion of the game.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    There are plenty of people who don't no-life the game and aren't at 40. Or people who have taken a break. The grind required for this is actually worse than the profession grinds in the past.
    no life?

You're just whining to whine at this point.

Even the most casual of casual had over SIX MONTHS to get renown 40.

Give me a break.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Xires View Post
    No life the game? They even have catch-up mechanics in game and have for months. You can be super casual and long since be 40 by now and then some. This means you simply DO NOT ply the game if you haven't been 40 since...oh.....the last 4 months....

You're just THAT far behind and play THAT little. It's blizzard catering to people who can barely play the game is why it's the shit show that it is.

- - - Updated - - -

This 100%^^^^^ Their are people that barely play...and they play mostly to bitch that they can't barely play.

- - - Updated - - -

We quit playing retail because it 100% is garbage. And SL's is the worst. BFA was bad. And you think it's going to get better? And to tell people to "go away" because they don't like the bastardized game called retail wow? retail wow is NOT an MMO. It's anything but.
    Cool story bro, glad you could clarify for everyone that SL isn't an MMO. Seriously, piss off if you dont think its an MMO, no one is forcing you to be here spreading your misery onto others so you can get some sick satisfaction about sucking the enjoyment other players have for the game. I still believe it is an MMO, I don't think it was bastardized, I think it was changed by the overwhelming requests of the community over the years.

Do I think all changes were good? No, but majority of them were. I do think it has been a long initial patch, but I am not such a child to ignore the slow down caused by covid, and so I've reduced my wow time and am enjoying other games.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Classic has flying, it just has bugger all content.

- - - Updated - - -

That is objectively incorrect.
    You're confusing your opinion with fact again. I think flying improves content because it lessens travelling. If you want to "experience" you have the option to not fly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    It literally tells you the quest rewards you with a consumable that allows you to purchase the riding skill. IN other words, the consumable is the cost and a quest reward. So, it does in fact unlock flying.
    It actually says "Upon completing a quest contained within the "The Last Sigil" storyline, you’ll be rewarded with Memories of Sunless Skies. This consumable item allows all characters on your account to purchase the Riding Skill needed to fly within the four main Shadowlands zones!".
    Und wenn du das Spiel verlierst, ganz unten stehst, dann stehn wir hier und sing Borussia - Borussia BVB!

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Smeller View Post
    It actually says "Upon completing a quest contained within the "The Last Sigil" storyline, you’ll be rewarded with Memories of Sunless Skies. This consumable item allows all characters on your account to purchase the Riding Skill needed to fly within the four main Shadowlands zones!".
    it's poorly worded but you don't need to purchase anything

Quote Originally Posted by Smeller View Post
    And when you consume the item, you purchase the riding skill. PTR proves it. As I said, it is poorly worded, but there is no extra cost. Go to the PTR and see for yourself.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Our characters always forgot how to fly. They also learned how to fly but couldn't fly in Eastern Kingdoms or Kalimdor. It isn't bad game design just because you don't like it. There are no convoluted hoops to jump through even before Shadowlands. Gaining rep, exploring, doing quests wasn't convoluted. In shadowlands it is even less of an issue because you gain the requirements naturally from playing the game.

If you aren't willing to play the game just a little bit then you don't even need flying. Because you'll never be willing to use it. Leveling wasn't easier or less time consuming in TBC. Gearing up for a raid wasn't easier or less time consuming. Do you not know that attunements and shadow resist gear were road blocks? Professions are easier to level up now because the levels are per expansion.

It is time to re-evaluate why you play the game if you need to lie about TBC and refuse to do 99% of the retail portion of the game.
    Our characters NEVER forgot how to fly. When you purchased flying, or got it with Pathfinder, you learned to fly in that designated zone. Nowhere else. You never forgot to fly there as you have been able to fly everywhere you unlocked it since you unlocked it. For you to forget how to fly, you would have to have been grounded without flying in a zone you already unlocked it in.

15+ Year Old Account
    And when you consume the item, you purchase the riding skill. PTR proves it. As I said, it is poorly worded, but there is no extra cost. Go to the PTR and see for yourself.
    You learn it. You don't purchase it. Stop using the poor wording yourself.

- - - Updated - - -

Our characters NEVER forgot how to fly. When you purchased flying, or got it with Pathfinder, you learned to fly in that designated zone. Nowhere else. You never forgot to fly there as you have been able to fly everywhere you unlocked it since you unlocked it. For you to forget how to fly, you would have to have been grounded without flying in a zone you already unlocked it in.
    Every flying skill in the game is about learning to fly in the new climate. So we forget everything that could translate to almost the exact flying skills when going to a new location. This isn't speaking about the mechanics of flight but the "roleplay/lore" of flight.

Stopped playing since bfa but kept up to date with shadowlands.

Uhm, flying for all accounts is nice, but would be better if it wasn't time gated. Bring out an expansion where people either have to collect something in that zone so that they can fly in that zone with just that character, or let the players grind from the very start to get flying for their entire account. At the very least they'll have something to do while lvling or waiting for their mythic plus grp to get full instead of running in circles in their cities.

So in summary, flying good but the very late patch where it comes with it is bad.

God, august for just 9.1, that's basically 8 months.

Quote Originally Posted by bledgor View Post
    Cool story bro, glad you could clarify for everyone that SL isn't an MMO. Seriously, piss off if you dont think its an MMO, no one is forcing you to be here spreading your misery onto others so you can get some sick satisfaction about sucking the enjoyment other players have for the game. I still believe it is an MMO, I don't think it was bastardized, I think it was changed by the overwhelming requests of the community over the years.

Do I think all changes were good? No, but majority of them were. I do think it has been a long initial patch, but I am not such a child to ignore the slow down caused by covid, and so I've reduced my wow time and am enjoying other games.
    I don't play retail because it isn't an MMO. Piss off? Sounds like you're a little butt hurt that people don't like your trash game that has NO CONTENT.

Sucking the enjoyment out of players? Blizzard did that when they catered to YOUR LFR ass.

Changed with the overwhelming requests of the community? No it did not. Blizzard tried to cater to people who don't play and don't "have time" for MMO's. So retail WoW is anything but an MMO and if you think retail is an MMO...then you've never played an MMO.

As it is...Burning Crusade is out...and THAT is an MMO.
    Now head on back to your LFR and LFD que's where you will play with people you'll never see again and ever had to even say a word to.
    It was changed because blizzard thought that they could expand their playerbase and they were wrong.
    It is why they stopped reporting their quarterly numbers after Cataclysm.
    It is why they even had a recent blue post where they bragged that subs were down...but profit was up. (people who PAY for shit in game like mounts for example).
    When classic dropped the number of subs tripled.
    We went from Naxx to TBC and you are still on patch 9.0 waiting to do 9.1 where all they've done is create new systems designed to make things dumb...and then sell you a system to counter it...and then they call it "content".
    Yeah...retail is NOT an MMO by almost any measurement of what an MMO is. And catering to a bunch of people who NEVER HAD TIME TO PLAY...only made it to where blizzard has catered to NOBODY.
    BFA was bad. but SL's was the last straw. Retail sucks...and like you....it can piss off.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bledgor View Post

Slow down caused by covid? You're buying that excuse? Funny how only blizzard was effected so negatively. Maybe they are behind because they had to put extra resources into BFA to unFUCK the sorry system they had in bfa. Remember when your necklace was nothing more then a stat stick? And your azerite armor had 3 rings and shitty traits all around? Yeah....they had to unfuck that and because of that...they were put behind on SL's.
    And then they had to come up with another system for 8.3.
    Yeah, blizzard wastes a lot of time with bad development....but funny how ONLY Blizzard was affected in such a huge way...and other gaming company's weren't.
    But keep drinking that kool-aid. And you be sure to wear a mask for the rest of your life.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I almost feel this is too little too late. 9.1 took waaay too long (IMO) to come out. I stopped playing a few months ago, but my 6 month sub goes till end of August I think. So I'll log in and raise my renown from like 33 or 34 to 40, but I just don't have the energy to play the game like I did when the xpact first came out.

I'm (somewhat) excited for 9.1 because I want to see the story, see the new TG content, new zone, etc. and flying will be nice in the older zones, but I really hope 9.2 doesn't take as long to come out as 9.1 did.

Quote Originally Posted by Xires View Post
    I don't play retail because it isn't an MMO. Piss off? Sounds like you're a little butt hurt that people don't like your trash game that has NO CONTENT.

Sucking the enjoyment out of players? Blizzard did that when they catered to YOUR LFR ass.

Changed with the overwhelming requests of the community? No it did not. Blizzard tried to cater to people who don't play and don't "have time" for MMO's. So retail WoW is anything but an MMO and if you think retail is an MMO...then you've never played an MMO.

As it is...Burning Crusade is out...and THAT is an MMO.
    Now head on back to your LFR and LFD que's where you will play with people you'll never see again and ever had to even say a word to.
    It was changed because blizzard thought that they could expand their playerbase and they were wrong.
    It is why they stopped reporting their quarterly numbers after Cataclysm.
    It is why they even had a recent blue post where they bragged that subs were down...but profit was up. (people who PAY for shit in game like mounts for example).
    When classic dropped the number of subs tripled.
    We went from Naxx to TBC and you are still on patch 9.0 waiting to do 9.1 where all they've done is create new systems designed to make things dumb...and then sell you a system to counter it...and then they call it "content".
    Yeah...retail is NOT an MMO by almost any measurement of what an MMO is. And catering to a bunch of people who NEVER HAD TIME TO PLAY...only made it to where blizzard has catered to NOBODY.
    BFA was bad. but SL's was the last straw. Retail sucks...and like you....it can piss off.
    WHo made you sole arbiter of what an MMO is? Nobody whcih means your opipnion is irrelevant. IT is defined as an MMO no matter how you try to claim otherwise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    There are plenty of people who don't no-life the game and aren't at 40. Or people who have taken a break. The grind required for this is actually worse than the profession grinds in the past.

You are seriously under estimating how easy it is to get to level 40 right now. Almost 3 months ago the catch-up made it and almost non-issue.

The embellishment of "people who don't no-life" is real, because you can put in 1-2 hours every 2 days and still make it to level 40 if you are actually playing the game and not fucking around doing profession grinds.

Bloodsail Admiral Smallfruitbat's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    There are a lot of legitimate criticisms that can be levied at WoW but bitching about level 40 renown is not one of them. If you did the quests as they were released it was like an hour a week, maximum. Now there are catch up mechanics as well.

15+ Year Old Account
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Updated June 10: The description for Memories of Sunless Skies has been revised to clarify that players with Expert Riding Skill can fly in Bastion, Maldraxxus, Ardenweald, and Revendreth. Characters that do not have Expert Riding Skill will still need to purchase it.
    They clarified the terrible wording.

This seems so easy and people are still complaining? I stopped playing back in March and was able to get to 39 (playing very casually). Sounds like people just want to hit max level and get flying for free.

I would prefer them to go back to tbc days and charge like 500k gold to fly. No quests, no timegating, just if you have the gold then you're in the sky.

Nah, I'm good. Having a blast in FFXIV.

Quote Originally Posted by bobrock1982 View Post
    Nah, I'm good. Having a blast in FFXIV.
    I'm right there with you! I would literally level CNJ to 60 rather than push through any of this because it would hurt less.

Yeah yeah yeah, casual blah blah whatever. I have limited time because now that we're loosening restrictions, four...five?....of my clinical trials are ramping back up and that work will burn most of my days. I'm also Kyrian, so my story campaign is gated behind mandatory dungeon content that I have no chance of doing because I'm 3x the age of the average player and my tolerance for edgelords and suicidal Paladins died waaaaaay back in Naxx. Along with the raid. A lot.

TLDR: Your artificially inflated grind is bad and you should feel bad.