Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Exclamation What are blood elves and draenei who are not 70 going do

Isn't it going to be a really terrible feeling for them if they are stuck in Stranglethorn Vale or Barrens while the majority of playerbase is entering the dark portal.

Feels like it makes 2 classes of subscriber here.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Selvari7 View Post
    Isn't it going to be a really terrible feeling for them if they are stuck in Stranglethorn Vale or Barrens while the majority of playerbase is entering the dark portal.

Same thing they did when BC was released and they couldn't even play them til the game launched.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

ppl will be jumping into this game at various stages, my bro levelled a belf pala to 60 in about a week. it would have been easy to get to 60 if you made one of these new races a week ago.

but besides that mmos thrive on waves of ppl going through the game and having ppl at all stages of progression. there will always be someone levelling up to 60 and 70. even if that is someones alt.

the content is phase locked and phase 1 has a heavy emphasis on 5 man content. you can't get left behind. or miss out on much. because there won't be a t5 until several months from now, maybe not even until fall or xmas.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2021-05-31 at 04:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Heathy View Post
    ppl will be jumping into this game at various stages, my bro levelled a belf pala to 60 in about a week. it would have been easy to get to 60 if you made one of these new races a week ago.

but besides that mmos thrive on waves of ppl going through the game and having ppl at all stages of progression. there will always be someone levelling up to 60 and 70. even if that is someones alt.
    How many hours did your bro put in daily to get to 60. How many people with a career are going to be able to do that.

How many hours did your bro put in daily to get to 60. How many people with a career are going to be able to do that.
    Nothing will happen to them. They will enter BC a bit later, but nobody should really care about it. People who have a career that stops them from running after world first achievements will not care that they're behind. To them BC is what it is. A pastime.

I'm level 10, zero fucks given that I won't be going through the portal for a while, it'll allow the rush to pass.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    how did they do it when TBC was released?
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

my bro is a special case since he already has like 5x 60s and the pala isn't the first one hes taking to 70. its not the amount of time more that he knows where to level and waste as little time as possible. the exp needed to 60 has been lowered so there should be ample quests to reach certain thresholds and move on or unlock more dungeons with more quests. thats what I do, quest get all the dungeon quests, do the dungeon, move on and repeat in the next area. if you don't have much time just remember to log off at inns so you get double xp, run a dungeon when you log back in again. you can save pretty much entire levels of double exp and make certain slow points faster. I think it was pretty slow to 50 but after 50, you have ST and BRD so you get those last 10 levels really fast.

at 45 you have zul farrak and you can run that a few times to get to like 48, then you have maraudon. it is slow upto 40-50 and just gets easier to level because there are more places to go. you get these massive chunks of exp at different times because you end up cashing in 5 or so dungeon quests. this happens quite often from 1-60. get questie that'll make levelling a breeze, you'll always be able to see where quests are for your level and plan a route through. you'll also be able to see quests you might not have known you can do. any hidden ones off the beaten path you'll be able to see. also helps you know when you can start to move into other zones because you start seeing quests popping up on the map.

I don't think the game is really catering toward ppl with careers its like a tried and true time waster and or a social tool with a game attached to it. it has a pacing that is deliberate.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2021-05-31 at 04:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Phayde View Post
    I'm level 10, zero fucks given that I won't be going through the portal for a while, it'll allow the rush to pass.
    Exactly right. I will log in for a few minutes to witness the shitfest that is the launch, and then log off. I'll be back to level in about 2 or 3 days later, when people are past the starting zone.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account

Here are a few points:

1- TBC will be out for 2 years. Being a couple of weeks behind at the beginning will mean nothing in a month.

2- The amount of xp needed to level to 60 has been cut by around 30%

3- The elite quests have all been replaced by normal mobs, so the need to group up is overall alleviated.

4- At the end of the day, it's their choice to start over because they absolutely want to play a blood elf or draenei. If being ahead of the curve that important for them, their either could play their lvl60 right away, or should have rushed to lvl60 in the 2 weeks.

If anything, he will probably save himself from a lot of frustration by avoid the big rush through the Dark Portal. Let the crowd rush in first for nothing!

Group up with people and get to leveling. It's the way it was meant to be played.

You're not going to be "left behind" no matter when you end up hitting 70.

Guilds still run T4 raids even during Black Temple/Sunwell tiers, and will regularly take people who just finished gearing from heroics.

This is also disregarding that, for a lot of classes, they have multiple slots that are BiS from crafting until T6.

10+ Year Old Account
    If its THAT important to you then you would already be 60. Not to mention you wont miss much if youre behind 2-4 weeks, people in tbc had no problems and they had to start leveling when it launched, not prepatch.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

If 2 weeks isn't enough with TBC's nerfed leveling, then you would be in no rush to get to Outland.
    Past that, this is why they sold the boost or allowed you to transfer your former Classic main.

Play that day 1 if you really don't want to be leveling on launch night.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

They are going to keep leveling, because that's what they wanted to do.

It's not two classes, it's simply people opting to play a little differently.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    Same thing they did when BC was released and they couldn't even play them til the game launched.
    The problem this time around is that there is tons of BE / Draenei who mage boosted to 60. I even saw i paladin Draenei on Pyrewood EU last week with close to full naxx gear, Sulfuras and quite a bit of T3. Disgusting.

I feel bad for BE/Draenei who played the game the way it should and won't find a raid spot because of dudes who AFKed at the entrance of dungeons for day paying gold / RMT got there first. I am happy i took the decision to not level a Draenei shaman after all (i am anti-boosting. Mage ones even more than Blizz ones).
    Last edited by Gratlim; 2021-05-31 at 04:55 PM.

What would you prefer to have? A career or a level 60 blood elf paladin? Someone with a level 60 blood elf paladin isn't entitled to a career, just as someone with a career isn't entitled to a level 60 blood elf paladin.

It's a video game.

Oh no, what will people with very limited time to play but already have level 60 characters going to do when the majority are raiding kara and they are still in Zangarmarsh?

it shouldn't be harder to progress through t4 though since, karazhan is 10 man, you don't have much competition for loot you might not have any. similarly since raiding kara and clearing grulls and mags is probably only going to take up a few hours of the week, the bulk of t4 is probably going to be spent getting saved to all of the heroics, since they reset daily. so you're going to spend more time doing 5 mans than you will doing kara and the rest of t4. this is even assuming you can be bothered to do that heroic sprint and try to get saved to them all. for me, there are some nice pieces of gear here and there but I have t3 so beyond the odd piece I don't really want to farm heroics I don't need. everyone who doesn't have t3, will farm heroics because the epic pieces that drop at the end are pretty much on par with t3. there isn't much difference in the gear besides sockets and enchants. the base items aren't automatic upgrades in most cases. I could potentially skip a lot of heroic farming and perhaps only doing the ones that drop an epic peice that is better than t3, trinkets and epic gems. the actual gear I don't really need to farm for. I feel pretty confident that I could tank karazhan in the gear I have and it wouldn't be a whole lot different to if I were in full heroic gear. or dungeon blue set.

atlas loot has been updated at this point and i've had a peek through the loot lists, comparing t3 to the heroic gear is so-so, again there are a few bits of gear that would be better with nice gems and good enchants but for the most part the upgrades are mediocre at best. kara has better off set gear (rings/trinkets) at least for me. I don't see it taking many resets to be done with t4. no where near as many as it took to be done with bwl or aq40 thats for sure. it'll be challenging to replace t3, the 6pt warrior t3 set bonus gives us 5% hit on all our attacks, thats 5% hit I don't need. or 5% hit i do need to replace it. meanwhile the armor value only starts to add up after you've replaced several parts. with most of the heroic epic items having the same armor value as t3. basically with each upgrade only being about a 100 to 200 armor upgrade, you need to replace about 5 pieces of gear to gain 1000 armor. which amounts to basically fuck all damage reduction. those who have t3 already have some amount of an advantage in the sense that the gear is good enough to progress t4 without much farming normals and heroics. ppl worried about being left behind, if you weren't progressing through classic you didn't get the gear that would give you an edge.

likewise few guilds are going to have 10 ppl atttuned to karazhan in week 1, there will be some but I don't see the majority getting saved in week 1. getting 10 ppl to 70 and then doing the attunement, its possible just unlikely. you've got more chance of getting 25 ppl to 70 and doing grull seeing as there is no attunement there.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2021-06-01 at 06:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gratlim View Post
    The problem this time around is that there is tons of BE / Draenei who mage boosted to 60. I even saw i paladin Draenei on Pyrewood EU last week with close to full naxx gear, Sulfuras and quite a bit of T3. Disgusting.

I feel bad for BE/Draenei who played the game the way it should and won't find a raid spot because of dudes who AFKed at the entrance of dungeons for day paying gold / RMT got there first. I am happy i took the decision to not level a Draenei shaman after all (i am anti-boosting. Mage ones even more than Blizz ones).
    The dude who AFKed is likely a class or race reroll, who would have “taken up a raid spot” on their Vanilla Classic main anyway...
    "Auto-correct is my worst enema."