Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Ever since "You think you do, but you don't" and then doing a 180 - I don't think anyone knows what is or will be possible.

I still rule out Classic+ for example. But hell...anything might happen. Blizzard failed to make the next big Juggernaut with Titan and salvaged Overwatch from it, but all we now have is sequels to all their franchises. And remasters. And Classic versions.

I also don't think they will stop at WotLK (though it "feels" natural) - but you don't make business decisions on "feel". If the TBC CE sells and Classic TBC generates income...as long as there is money to be made from nostalgia...they will do it.

...maybe even in a way that you suggested.
    Given how (By the sub numbers alone, really) WoTLK had a massive pull for many; I also do not think they will pause after WoTLK as that re-release is likely to pull in a rather sizeable crowd: After which I think they are likely to carry on. Nostalgia alone is something which likely can drive much of the engine but yeah it would be interesting to see how it pans out. I honestly feel so certain of that WoTLK will happen now that I'm more excited to see what the next announcement will be:
    Full stop. Cata next or maybe full throttle?

But casting a more decisive judgment call on this is not something I'll do til after I see how WoTLK ends up going.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Well, I tried. Hopefully one day you'll be able to form your own opinions instead of relying on other people to tell you how to think.
    I tried as well. I pray that you will gain the ability to see a thread for what they are in the future and not twist them out of context and put words in others mouths to justify your baseless claims. Good luck out there, make sure to keep that MMOC Bingo chart open as you do easily add check-markers too it.
    The funniest jokes on MMO-Champ in order: (This signature is not calling out anyone in SPECIFIC and is thus not breaking any rules)
    1: All the moderators that does not know how to handle this webpage.
    2: Whoever set up the auto-bot that does not know the rules.
    3: The rules and guidelines themselves.
    Speaking of jokes:https://i.imgur.com/MaBzzAR.png

Depending how your filters work ... this forum has been anti anything since I joined here. Ofc if you are one of the anti ppl....you might however think this forum is "white knighty".

Thing is...we usually don't get "I love this game so much I could cry" threads, but rather critical threads...and then some ppl come in to debate it.

Which used to be a good thing. But now people seem to be unable to stand a different opinion..so the opposite site needs to be labelled "hater" or "corporate shill".

As far as humans and debates on the level that pubs, (game) forums et al offer, we basically often just come across ast assholes and idots with a primitive "us vs them" mentality. This is TOTALLY not to flame or personally attack anyone....and I sure have my own share of blame in it.

I find this in movie debates, DIY forums, sports forums, hiking forums etc.

Baffling...but apparently this is what we are.
    I might make a discussion topic on this but I recently watched a YT video by Drew Gooden that kind of resonated with me. It was about SNL and how people seem to think the current season is dogshit but that some other seasons were objectively better. It's crazy how similar the criticisms people have of modern WoW mirror those that people make about SNL. The whole video is pretty good but the part from 30:47 onwards is especially prescient.
    Last edited by Relapses; 2021-06-05 at 05:48 PM.

is people dont realise that the game is brain dead and there is more better games out there ?

the only things devs do since years is just put some new quest, some new islands there and there a few cinematic and that all, people not stopping paying them for the lazy job they do is beyond me lol
    blizzard is just a cash cow for activision since years, today. they have no soul at all since a few years, its why game like ff14 become more popular and game like ashe of ccreation will probably make wow a worse game unless blizzard decide to finally make a wow2, because only a real total remake could save the game at this point

SNL isn't a thing where I live, but I will give the video a shot.

I think the ridiculousness of forums debates really became apparent when I recently dug into the debates that actually exist between people who love to hike long distances. Hopefully it is a big and happy community, but comments in forums and under youtube videos are so much about a flame war between ppl who like to hike with their standard gear vs Ultralight gear hiking.

Maybe I should just see this in the light of "If these are all the problems that we have today, we are truly blessed"
    Honestly, discussion forums like this one are not nearly as common these days as they were in the past (you know, when these forums first came into existence). In fact, in another decade or so they'll probably be extinct. These days, most people simply seek echo chambers in the form of subreddits or Discord servers where they don't have to have any of their viewpoints challenged and instead get to commiserate with one another about how they all agree that {x thing} sucks.
    Last edited by Relapses; 2021-06-05 at 06:01 PM.

#fingerscrossed
    Mm, this is veering pretty off-topic at this point but I think the consolidation of viewpoints and insular nature of information consumption that our society is imposing on itself is breeding a culture anti-intellectualism that is going to be pretty tough for future generations to right the course on. I worry when people are so caught up in validating their feelings that they don't even consider the possibility of outside influence.

But yeah, #TooManyVersionsOfClassicSucks or something.

"I don't like the current expansion so instead of quitting the fucking game like a rational, sane human being I'm going to write a 500-word blog post about what I'd do if I were Mr. Blizzard."

To address your very boring suggestion, however: Having two versions of WoW that cannibalize their audience is bad enough, let alone 8.
    People want things. People would like to add suggestions for things. Why bother bitching at it?

Newsflash: 14 years old content gets cleared within hours of reaching appropriate level and gear levels by players who have been practicing it for the past 10 years.

More at 11: Players thiking they are world class because some have achieved the feat.

Quote Originally Posted by Knight Meta View Post
    B: Shadowlands is losing players steadily anyway now as the game is being treated as a joke.
    source: dude trust me
    we know SL lost players after expansion release and got to "normal" pre-expansion numbers (which happens EVERY EXPANSION), and we have no further information since... or do you actualy have any legitimate data?

yes, longer x.0 will cost them some people, most of who will return for 9.1 anyhow, but we have no clue how many that actualy is... for all we know SL can be doing better than previous expansions...

- - - Updated - - -

not a single day goes without a sizable vocal bunch of the "audience" of this game saying "The game is going to shit,
    yeah, and its usualy the same tiny fraction of loud fools repeating the same shite, bcs if they left to them it means everyone hates the game...

- - - Updated - - -

"I am certain Blizzard too knows that SL is being looked at by many as a joke"
    blizzard is aware people whine about SL
    blizzard is also aware, unlike you it seems, people did whine about EVER SINGLE EXPANSION BEFORE, every single one, even the most revered WOTLK...
    Last edited by Lolites; 2021-06-05 at 07:15 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by greysaber View Post
    1. no that is a horrible idea

2. just because 20-30 absolute no-lifers can clear content in one day (for absolutely no reason other than to say they did it), doesn't mean a company with millions of customers should cater to those few basement dwellers.
    ah yes, the basement dwellers that live in flats/houses and have jobs as well as potentially family lives, you talking about those kinds of 'basement dwellers' here?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    source: dude trust me
    we know SL lost players after expansion release and got to "normal" pre-expansion numbers (which happens EVERY EXPANSION), and we have no further information since... or do you actualy have any legitimate data?

yes, longer x.0 will cost them some people, most of who will return for 9.1 anyhow, but we have no clue how many that actualy is... for all we know SL can be doing better than previous expansions...

- - - Updated - - -

yeah, and its usualy the same tiny fraction of loud fools repeating the same shite, bcs if they left to them it means everyone hates the game...

- - - Updated - - -

blizzard is aware people whine about SL
    blizzard is also aware, unlike you it seems, people did whine about EVER SINGLE EXPANSION BEFORE, every single one, even the most revered WOTLK...
    are you genuinely this dense and blind?, i'm asking due to the fact that there were a lot of media articles, and some were written by trusted and respected outlets, about the fact that WoW and shadowlands specifically had lost HALF its total playerbase since launch, and that player numbers were dwindling based on insider reports which were corroborated, so yes we have 'data' as you put it, and it's clear for anyone to see that the game is is hanging on by a thread, and that the massive revenue generated by the game is coming from a miniscule %age of people whaling on everything they can get their hands on, as well as the super casual crowd who rarely play the game etc.

Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    are you genuinely this dense and blind?, i'm asking due to the fact that there were a lot of media articles, and some were written by trusted and respected outlets, about the fact that WoW and shadowlands specifically had lost HALF its total playerbase since launch
    i see you are one of those people who stop reading when they find first sentance that agrees with them...
    bcs if you were not, and you would continue to read the article about SL loosing the 40-ish % players, you would get to the sentance saying after that loss SL is on NORMAL, PRE-EXPANSION NUMBERS, and how this matches after-release fall on previous expansions...

ffs this happens every expansion, and in smaller size every patch, how dense YOU are to not notice the same thing happening for over a decade?!

if you have any DATA (not "someone said so", thats not data, thats rumor) afterwards, please share, id like to see them... if you dont then stop pretending you do have anything more than rumors and guesswork...
    Last edited by Lolites; 2021-06-05 at 07:50 PM.

"I don't like the current expansion so instead of quitting the fucking game like a rational, sane human being I'm going to write a 500-word blog post about what I'd do if I were Mr. Blizzard."

To address your very boring suggestion, however: Having two versions of WoW that cannibalize their audience is bad enough, let alone 8.
    The MMO champion forums are some of the most toxic forums in all of the internet when it comes to angry mentally ill people.

Imagine getting this mad and zippy over some guys opinion.

Also imagine thinking the solution for everyone who is upset about the trajectory of the current game is to "durrhurr quit" when those people probably have already committed 15 of their finest years to said game.

So many comments on this forum and I have to ask..

Why so mad about other people sharing their opinions?

Let me guess... 4 inches.
    RRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEE

Quote Originally Posted by JustinJgh View Post
    The MMO champion forums are some of the most toxic forums in all of the internet when it comes to angry mentally ill people.

Imagine getting this mad and zippy over some guys opinion.

Also imagine thinking the solution for everyone who is upset about the trajectory of the current game is to "durrhurr quit" when those people probably have already committed 15 of their finest years to said game.

So many comments on this forum and I have to ask..

Why so mad about other people sharing their opinions?

Let me guess... 4 inches.
    Projection much? The only one who seems upset here is you. Excuse the fuck out of me for not being impressed by this guy's terrible suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinJgh View Post
    imagine thinking the solution for everyone who is upset about the trajectory of the current game is to "durrhurr quit" when those people probably have already committed 15 of their finest years to said game
    imagine staying and playing the game even though you dont enjoy it for years...
    but i do agree, its stupid to think everyone who doesnt like where the game is heading should leave, but is it more stupid than expect the game to change to your liking despite crapload of people still enjoying it?

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    imagine staying and playing the game even though you dont enjoy it for years...
    but i do agree, its stupid to think everyone who doesnt like where the game is heading should leave, but is it more stupid than expect the game to change to your liking despite crapload of people still enjoying it?
    This is where you lost 95% of the people reading this forum. In their mind, nobody could possibly be enjoying WoW in its current state. After all {insert twitch/YT celebrity here} said that the game is in a shitty state and, like, would somebody just go on the internet and tell lies?

7+ Year Old Account
    are you genuinely this dense and blind?, i'm asking due to the fact that there were a lot of media articles, and some were written by trusted and respected outlets, about the fact that WoW and shadowlands specifically had lost HALF its total playerbase since launch, and that player numbers were dwindling based on insider reports which were corroborated, so yes we have 'data' as you put it, and it's clear for anyone to see that the game is is hanging on by a thread, and that the massive revenue generated by the game is coming from a miniscule %age of people whaling on everything they can get their hands on, as well as the super casual crowd who rarely play the game etc.
    Ok, and these trusted and respected outlets sources are? Because we still didn't get direct answer to that question.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Ok, and these trusted and respected outlets sources are? Because we still didn't get direct answer to that question.
    there was an analyst company called SUPERDATA, you may have heard of them, they reported that WoW:Shadowlands had lost more than 40% of it's total playerbase in the first few months after the game released, since then there's been articles and posts relating to this topic that have tracked since that story broke and it's even more now with 'estimates' to be around 50-55% of the total playerbase now gone, furthermore, in the most recent earnings call to investors activision blizzard lost more than 45% of it's total MAU's year over year, the majority of that suspected to be from WoW as the numbers are too high to be any of the other franchises outside of maybe overwatch or hearthstone, and with a new release for hearthstone showing growth it's unlikely to be that franchise causing the drop in players and there's not enough players in the remaining franchises combined that could account for the drop in player numbers.

there was an analyst company called SUPERDATA, you may have heard of them, they reported that WoW:Shadowlands had lost more than 40% of it's total playerbase in the first few months after the game released, since then there's been articles and posts relating to this topic that have tracked since that story broke and it's even more now with 'estimates' to be around 50-55% of the total playerbase now gone, furthermore, in the most recent earnings call to investors activision blizzard lost more than 45% of it's total MAU's year over year, the majority of that suspected to be from WoW as the numbers are too high to be any of the other franchises outside of maybe overwatch or hearthstone, and with a new release for hearthstone showing growth it's unlikely to be that franchise causing the drop in players and there's not enough players in the remaining franchises combined that could account for the drop in player numbers.
    a lot of player leave some time after expansion launch, it has been like that since forever for every expansion and the is nothing to worry about

In other words, they guessed.

Quote Originally Posted by JustaWarlock View Post
    All the brainless idiots spoutng "tbc cleared day 1" dont even realise the only thing that was cleared is a 10man raid, a single boss 25man raid and a 2 boss 25man raid. None fo the actuall proper raid instances yet.
    Looking forward to you explaining that when SSC and TK are cleared on day one that people don't realise that the proper raids have been cleared yet.

- - - Updated - - -

In other words, they guessed.
    These companies don't guess. They estimate and forecast. Sometimes they are way out but mostly they are accurate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

there was an analyst company called SUPERDATA, you may have heard of them, they reported that WoW:Shadowlands had lost more than 40% of it's total playerbase in the first few months after the game released
    and that is EXACTLY the article i was talking about that mentioned that after that loss SL is IN NORMAL NUMBERS, and the fall is roughly the same as with EVERY EXPANSION... are you even reading what i write before responding to it with the same bullshit??

“World of Warcraft player numbers fell back to normal levels as the excitement around November’s Shadowlands expansion subsided. From November to January, revenue fell by 61% and user numbers declined by 41% (these figures do not include China). This roughly matches the pattern seen for the past several expansions, though Shadowlands had a bigger launch."
    https://massivelyop.com/2021/02/24/s...t-shadowlands/

not even adresing the "estimates", "suspected" and rest of the shite you wrote, i asked for data you provided nothing but GUESSWORK, so not gonna even bother, its clear you want to push the OPINION of SL doing and being bad, so im just gonna ignore you...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gourbaak View Post
    a lot of player leave some time after expansion launch, it has been like that since forever for every expansion and the is nothing to worry about
    it was literaly said in the article with superdata info that after that loss they are at NORMAL numbers and its roughly the same fall as with every expansion...
    but hey, one sentance said something rogoth agreed with so he didnt bother reading further...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    These companies don't guess. They estimate and forecast. Sometimes they are way out but mostly they are accurate.
    fair enough, and they said themselves after the "fall" SL is in normal numbers and its the same thing happening as every expansion...
    Last edited by Lolites; 2021-06-06 at 05:53 AM.