Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dizzyswiftz View Post
    So the link below is from Asmongold, Im not a huge fan of his crazy eyebrows/language choice. But this is actually some semi-decent commentary on Palia; Which is a game I'm fairly excited for.

What do you guys think? Is Palia a game you would play? Personally, I like the new direction that the game is attempting to go in. I just don't really know where a "Story" is going to be incorporated or how in this scenario. The last bit that worries me is "Never dying" I personally enjoy the risk involved in encounters, in game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdU5Ww-9Brw

TLDR; Palia is a game that is coming out, would you play it?
    Wrong section for your thread, but I'll have a peak on the game.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Not sure if I'll like it but for an early alpha version it looks decent. Looks to be a rather chill game with a strong focus on the community which could be a good thing, something we need after all this e-sport obession that a lot of games have now.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apustus View Post
    People complain about doing "chores" in WoW and then get excited when they have to do literal chores like cutting wood, farming and fishing.

Also game looks like hot garbage.
    Not much of a chore if those things are designed to be fun and engaging.

Hence why we call wows chores "chores", because are exactly the opposite.
    They are boring and as engaging as watching paint dry.

Formerly known as Arafal

So the link below is from Asmongold, Im not a huge fan of his crazy eyebrows/language choice. But this is actually some semi-decent commentary on Palia; Which is a game I'm fairly excited for.

What do you guys think? Is Palia a game you would play? Personally, I like the new direction that the game is attempting to go in. I just don't really know where a "Story" is going to be incorporated or how in this scenario. The last bit that worries me is "Never dying" I personally enjoy the risk involved in encounters, in game.

You could've just posted the actual trailer for the actual game from their actual YT channel.

But you chose to link that retard instead. Honestly, who the hell cares what this degenerate reacts to?

OT: Game looks chill, I registered for the pre-alpha yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Not much of a chore if those things are designed to be fun and engaging.

Hence why we call wows chores "chores", because are exactly the opposite.
    They are boring and as engaging as watching paint dry.
    They're called chores because they're a list of simple tasks you do to get your pocket money for a week. Whether you find them interesting or fun depends on how you feel about relatively chill repetitive content, but even the most exciting and engaging content will become humdrum if you do it every day for a few months.

Quote Originally Posted by ArMeD_SuRvIvOr View Post
    Clean? Check.

Saturated colors? Check.

Well defined lines? Check.

Cell shading? Check.

Looking like an average phone game? Check.

Pixar/Disney looking characters and animation? Check.
    Not really seeing Pixar/Disney. Probably closer to Dreamworks if anything. It does look like the game a lot of mobile titles pretend to be before turning out to be another match-3 puzzler or click-and-wait game.

Why do games nowadays have to look eerily similar? This looks like, jacked straight from Freefire/Overwatch/Fortnite/Valorant and countless phone games filled to the brim with microtransactions. It's a no from me dawg. Carebear games ain't my type.
    Games go through changes in fashion just like clothes, music and movies etc. At least the current style is bright and interesting and not the fifty shades of brown we had for what felt like forever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Wrong section for your thread, but I'll have a peak on the game.
    So, looked it through. Looks interesting, though, they need to start to move dangers for the game, as the current info, it is just a MMORPG version of Animal Crossing/Stardew.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Why would you link to an Asmongold reaction to a reaction rather than the actual website? I had to poke around in the description for not one but TWO videos just to get to the source material. Next time, please just link directly to the people who released the actual video, not reactions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Might give it a go, rapidly losing interest in the community of games that have the "go go go go" and min/max mindset, hopefully this doesn't get infected by those types and ruin the game like so many other games.

"Hey guys I don't like that random retarded streamer, but he announced a game in one of his retarded streaming I was watching. A game you can easily find info not related to that said random retarded streamer.
    Here is the link to his retarded video."

Amazing...

As I say, there are lots of excellent programmers and lots of good and great games out there. A lot of them are dead. You need to stand out. The first question I ask is "Why do I NEED to drop all other games to play your game?" I don't see that question answered in the video.

I even give examples of correct responses like:

1. we have by far the best graphics in genre.
    2. we have by far the most frequent content updates in genre.
    3. we have by far the best social tools in genre.
    4. we are the only game in genre truly cross platform across all devices.
    5. we have the only game in genre with the integration into other apps you need.

The video just shows some excellent graphics and promises social.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

5+ Year Old Account
    Whoa, the thread didn't even make it past the first page, and you got all a bunch of online alpha males with Z0mG cArEBearZ gEaM. Although I still think that this should have been posted in the general Video Games Discussion subforum, but w/e.

More on topic, I like the idea of actively discouraging toxicity starting by the very design of the game. I'm not a big fan of the visual style, for what I've seen so far, but it's worth a shot - unless the game is laden with MTX, of course.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    More on topic, I like the idea of actively discouraging toxicity starting by the very design of the game. I'm not a big fan of the visual style, for what I've seen so far, but it's worth a shot - unless the game is laden with MTX, of course.
    You must be careful when discussing "toxicity". There are two definitions.

1. Some say toxicity is players disrupting the game play of other players.
    2. Some say toxicity is an overbearing moderation team that stifles communication and sharing of ideas by injecting politics and real-life controls into every little thing until you can't have fun.

I'm not really sure which side of the aisle you land on, so I assume you aren't even aware there are two definitions.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd probably try it, I enjoy chill games like Stardew Valley.

Looks nice, but it all would depend on what you actually do in the game. A game has to have either a strong adventure component or a good story, the former seems unlikely with fully optional combat, the later as well with being mmo. I'm totally a (modded) minecraft guy, but I need some form of foil/enemy to make my building efforts worth it.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2021-06-04 at 04:00 PM.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

This looks to be a chill RP social type of MMO. I don't think I'm the target audience (I mainly play for PvP).

Honestly a Sims MMO with Genshin Impact visuals doesn't turn me off. People ride or die for this kind of shit, Animal Crossing fanatics are even worse than WoW nerds.

Doesn't look like a game for me and there isn't anything wrong with that. That being said wait to see live gameplay footage mmo projects are notorious for problems.

Not a fan of Animal Crossing, so no - hard pass.

'Palia' is an old south brazilian slang for 'Boring asf'.
    Hopefully the game is gonna be good though.