Page 1 of 15
... LastLast

"Palia" Made by Ex Blizzard Devs

So the link below is from Asmongold, Im not a huge fan of his crazy eyebrows/language choice. But this is actually some semi-decent commentary on Palia; Which is a game I'm fairly excited for.

What do you guys think? Is Palia a game you would play? Personally, I like the new direction that the game is attempting to go in. I just don't really know where a "Story" is going to be incorporated or how in this scenario. The last bit that worries me is "Never dying" I personally enjoy the risk involved in encounters, in game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAVeOxnPzhE

TLDR; Palia is a game that is coming out, would you play it?

Mod Note: Put in a link to the official trailer instead. That way discussion can be over the game and Asmongold.
    Last edited by Edge-; 2023-11-15 at 08:16 PM.

The no combat thing turns me off. Looks like a harvest moon/animal crossing online hybrid.

Not really seeing how this is a WoW thread

Can't watch the vid as my "Block Asmongold" browser extension prevents it, but I went and watched the announcement trailer. Graphics look interesting, but I'm not sure I'd be into the game itself. It looks like it could be loaded with microtransactions.

Not my cup of tea, no.

Which is great if you want to play that and don't mind zero action games.

People complain about doing "chores" in WoW and then get excited when they have to do literal chores like cutting wood, farming and fishing.

Also game looks like hot garbage.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    the Announcement trailer just look like every mobile game ad ever.

Wow, this is completely worthless.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by delus View Post
    The no combat thing turns me off. Looks like a harvest moon/animal crossing online hybrid.
    That's ironically exactly what interests me in it. The idea of a 'chill and vibe,' community-focused MMO is something the genre really needs to breath some fresh air into it, especially since almost every MMO since Ultima Online has been combat-oriented. An MMORPG built around exploration, social bonds, and building up your homestead will also appeal to a very wide audience young and old, similar to Animal Crossing's massive breadth of appeal.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Stood in the Fire ArMeD_SuRvIvOr's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Clean? Check.

Saturated colors? Check.

Well defined lines? Check.

Cell shading? Check.

Looking like an average phone game? Check.

Pixar/Disney looking characters and animation? Check.

Why do games nowadays have to look eerily similar? This looks like, jacked straight from Freefire/Overwatch/Fortnite/Valorant and countless phone games filled to the brim with microtransactions. It's a no from me dawg. Carebear games ain't my type.
    Last edited by ArMeD_SuRvIvOr; 2021-06-04 at 02:26 PM.
    Really sucks if they start to limit their vision for an expansion just to get the next one out faster.
    BLOOD DPS. Never forget. Still campaigning to get you back, babe.

It seems a bit funny that ex-Blizzard devs would make a game that's based around one of the more requested features for WoW.

Doesn't really interest me though honestly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like a fortnite mmo
    Whether the world's greatest gnats, or the world's greats heroes, you're still only mortal!

I'd give it a go, always up for a laid back game... but if becomes a MTX fiasco like Shop Titan (on Android) fuck that.

Not my thing but I wish them luck. Looks like one of those zen games people do to just relax.
    Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    Which one of those ropes can I hang myself with

7+ Year Old Account
    So, from what's shown it's basically a Animal Crossing/Stardew Valley-esque game in MMO format?

Idk how to feel about that.
    I do like the art style tho, looks cute.

Formerly known as Arafal

I will give it a go.

But it needs to be very, VERY enjoyable to win me over the No-Combat type deal.

It looks like a game that's trying to avoid toxic competitiveness. For that reason alone, I registered at the pre-alpha link.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apustus View Post
    People complain about doing "chores" in WoW and then get excited when they have to do literal chores like cutting wood, farming and fishing.
    It doesn't feel like a chore if the mechanics are fun.

"The combat in the game is entirely optional and avoidable. There’s no combat PvP, merely friendly competition. The devs stressed that it’s not meant to be a pressure-filled environment, and players won’t need to worry about death."

There is combat, but it's optional. Since this thread is going to get filled to death with comments saying there's no combat
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle