Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    As I say, there are lots of excellent programmers and lots of good and great games out there. A lot of them are dead. You need to stand out. The first question I ask is "Why do I NEED to drop all other games to play your game?" I don't see that question answered in the video.

I even give examples of correct responses like:

1. we have by far the best graphics in genre.
    2. we have by far the most frequent content updates in genre.
    3. we have by far the best social tools in genre.
    4. we are the only game in genre truly cross platform across all devices.
    5. we have the only game in genre with the integration into other apps you need.

The video just shows some excellent graphics and promises social.
    Delusional.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Although I love housing I don't see the point of basically a housing only game where you can't be more creative than just picking where you want your sofa or how many you want.

Also romancing npcs in an mmo is strange. It kinda worked in STO since the story basically has you as the main character. Not sure how thats going to work when your just a random reawakened human. Also why does there need to be romance in a kid looking game anyways?

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryFromHumanResources View Post
    I'm surprised at the backlash to be honest. I dig the artstyle and on the whole it seems very charming and wholesome.

I'm excited personally and I don't think a game has to be avant-garde levels of unique to be good or succesful.

My Time At Portia/Breath of the Wild/Stardew Valley/Animal Corssing mixed into one (hopefully) well made game is absolutely enough to catch my interest.
    My Time at Sandrock is coming out soon. I can't wait.

OT: if it makes me feel the same way Stardew and Portia do, I'm all over it. Especially Stardew, I can listen to the friggen menu song for hours. All hail the concerned ape.
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Delusional.
    Pretty much. @Kokolums I went with the everyday definition nowadays, I don't know where exactly you pulled those definitions of yours out of.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

10+ Year Old Account
    Signed up for the alpha. Looks like a relaxing game so worth a shot for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can easy just host a Staxel server and get the same experience.

Here is the trailer btw:

I do see some wildstar inspiration, but my biggest dislike you can only play as a boring human.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Thanks for bringing this to my attention, looks like some sort of harvest moon/stardew valley MMO. I'll definitely keep an eye out for it.

- - - Updated - - -

As I say, there are lots of excellent programmers and lots of good and great games out there. A lot of them are dead. You need to stand out. The first question I ask is "Why do I NEED to drop all other games to play your game?" I don't see that question answered in the video.

I even give examples of correct responses like:

1. we have by far the best graphics in genre.
    2. we have by far the most frequent content updates in genre.
    3. we have by far the best social tools in genre.
    4. we are the only game in genre truly cross platform across all devices.
    5. we have the only game in genre with the integration into other apps you need.

The video just shows some excellent graphics and promises social.
    From this video, the answer to that question for me would be:

I want to be able to play Stardew Valley with my friends, but not only when we are all available at the same time, and this seems to offer that

I enjoyed the preview. Kudos to development team and also the graphic designers who rarely gets the credit.

It boggles my mind how wow developers are so obsessed creating dark and depressing environments. You can be a hero without going full psycho!

10+ Year Old Account
    This isn't the forum to find people who'd be into that game. Look, Animal Crossing was HUGE in the last year, as were things like Stardew Valley. But they appeal to a very different set of people than serious WoW players (and you're not here if you're not on the serious end of the curve).

Would I play it? Nah. But I totally agree with OP that the MMO genre needs to do things like this. There are only so many people who want to play a combat oriented, high fantasy MMO and most of those people play WoW or, perhaps FF.

Look at all the 'WoWkillers" that have come out - they are all dead or insignificant in terms of their impact because it's almost impossible to create a game that is kind of like WoW but different and have it compete. People always talk about missing features or other things that WoW has accumulated over 15+ years and that no new game can launch with.

A very different MMO, though, will appear to a very different set of people and might achieve success on that parallel track. Or, if there aren't many people in that market, not.

- - - Updated - - -

Because it's a stupid question. People don't need to drop other games to play a new game. They just need to decide the new game is worth some of their time. THEY DO. Not you. Not I. Not everyone. Just enough people to make it a success.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    This isn't the forum to find people who'd be into that game. Look, Animal Crossing was HUGE in the last year, as were things like Stardew Valley. But they appeal to a very different set of people than serious WoW players (and you're not here if you're not on the serious end of the curve).
    The OP posted this into WoW General so he definitely posted this in the wrong forum. I guarantee that if he posted this in the Video Game section there would be a lot more positive comments.

You must be careful when discussing "toxicity". There are two definitions.

1. Some say toxicity is players disrupting the game play of other players.
    2. Some say toxicity is an overbearing moderation team that stifles communication and sharing of ideas by injecting politics and real-life controls into every little thing until you can't have fun.

I'm not really sure which side of the aisle you land on, so I assume you aren't even aware there are two definitions.
    A bit oversimplified and the second one seems to be a very niche definition with a smell of sour grapes about it, but as they were talking about the state of players in a game it seems likely the person you quoted would be following your first definition.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Phayde View Post
    Can't watch the vid as my "Block Asmongold" browser extension prevents it, but I went and watched the announcement trailer. Graphics look interesting, but I'm not sure I'd be into the game itself. It looks like it could be loaded with microtransactions.
    Every time someone promotes some content, like a new game or preview of new content, and it links to an Asmongold video, I downvote the video and consider blocking the person that linked it. I had no idea there was an extension that could do this (BlockTube), but I sure am glad you gave me the idea to go out and look for it.

In terms of the game, it definitely doesn't look like something I'd play for long, if at all. I got into WoW because the story and lore was so in-depth and incredible. I stuck with it because the combat and gameplay wasn't terrible. The main point is that there was conflict to drive me further into the game.

A game with no conflict just doesn't seem like my idea of fun. See, even 'instant reward' games like Heroes of the Storm, or SC2, or LoL, or Overwatch all have conflict as the core element of the game. A game which requires more time investment like WoW also has that conflict, but it's not as in-your-face from the start. It reaches a consistent level and stays there, and it also has other aspects... but without the conflict, the game would be significantly more dull.

The trailer doesn't indicate what the game is about, except that you can build a house, and that there are weapons in the game (as evidenced by the trio running at the end). Other people also touched on it, but it looks like a mobile game ad, though one with a decent budget. Maybe that's intended, but it really does give off a vibe that it's going to be heavily monetised by microtransations in order to plant more crops, upgrade your house, etc. That may not be the case, and only time will tell.

Of course, some people will enjoy it. The aesthetic is pleasing, but it also blends in with so many games these days. Compare it with Blizzard's art styles, and it's significantly brighter, saturated and more cartoony. That's not a complaint, merely an observation.

I understand not every game needs conflict. Plenty of them work without it, but I always hoped that while ex-blizzard devs wouldn't try to take on WoW, that they'd instead use some of the pillars that made WoW great in it's early days, and do a modern take on them.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Because it's a stupid question. People don't need to drop other games to play a new game. They just need to decide the new game is worth some of their time. THEY DO. Not you. Not I. Not everyone. Just enough people to make it a success.
    Its not a stupid question. It is a very valid question. Because there are a slew of good and great games that go unplayed and unnoticed. Making a great game isn't enough. You need to stand out.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Seems comfy and chill, I'm cool with it.

lol They literally made a carebear MMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Syn20 View Post
    Every time someone promotes some content, like a new game or preview of new content, and it links to an Asmongold video, I downvote the video and consider blocking the person that linked it. I had no idea there was an extension that could do this (BlockTube), but I sure am glad you gave me the idea to go out and look for it.
    There isn't actually an extension, just being a little wishful dreaming on my part, or my natural reaction to people linking certain internet personalities.

What is the actual content once you've grinded all the stuff to decorate/build your home? Maintenance mode on your farm?

Quote Originally Posted by Nightstalker View Post
    What is the actual content once you've grinded all the stuff to decorate/build your home? Maintenance mode on your farm?
    They've said they'll be expanding with new features/systems, seems like it's a game a lot less about "grinding XYZ" or "hitting max level" and more focused on like, chilling and enjoying some non-combat activities and socializing.

I'm kinda glad to have more options where we're not murder-hobo's, especially good looking options.

Not for me.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    So I got curious and looked around there site and I’m wondering if any one else could find any of the “ex blizzard” devs. Info on there site is sparse but all I could find is some people who worked at riot and other small studios and all google brings up is articles saying they have blizzard devs but with no names or sources.