Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Hunters don't use necromancy, though. Dark rangers do. Also, your images are 404'ed.
    Wowpedia says undead hunter's followed Sylvanas in her necromantic footsteps and have a picture of a undead hunter letting off a dark purple shot which is similar In color to the ones dark rangers show.

The pictures are also just taken from the Darkranger page you can see they use Purple shots/have a purple Aura and even Sylvanas uses a purple shot in the video I linked. No where in any of the dark ranger stuff is there black magic with Green.

Also were just gonna ignore that you were wrong about the deathknight Training ground/boot camp then?
    Last edited by Lorgar Aurelian; 2021-06-10 at 07:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post

Dark Rangerbros.. it's over...
    Shovel spec when?
    OT: Wasn't this thread supposed to be about a spell being tied to a weapon? As I recall, many Legion weapons had spells tied to them, some even became talents or SL leggo effects later.
    If we get a full 9.2 patch, I'ma laugh when Hunters have to keep their Sylvy bow for M+ with equip swap macros for their real weapon. Hunter having access to a pseudo solar beam is pretty neat.
    That being said, I'm willing to bet gold that Wailing Arrow becomes a talent for Hunter in 10.0
    Edit: I'm retarded and forgot gear swapping was removed for BFA? Pls no @ me.
    Last edited by DazManianDevil; 2021-06-10 at 08:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantazma View Post
    It's in wowhead:

New general skill:
    Wailing Arrow : Fire and enchanted arrow, dealing (185% of Attack power) Shadow damage to your target and an additional (75% of Attack power) Shadow damage to all enemies within 8 yds of your target. Targets struck by Wailing Arrow are silenced for 5 sec.
    100 yard ranged (100 yard?? o__O)

This skill belongs to Sylvanas in the HOTS game.
    I had already heard that it would be a unlocked skill if you caught the legendary bow in the new Raid. But it looks like they decided to make it a "general skill".

https://ptr.wowhead.com/news/patch-9...stincts-322661

Meh, here I had hoped for Dark Ranger to be a 4th spec for rogue. A ranged with stealth.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by DazManianDevil View Post
    That being said, I'm willing to bet gold that Wailing Arrow becomes a talent for Hunter in 10.0
    It's possible, but I honestly doubt it. I mean, Sylvanas' bow and back piece don't land in the came category as ability-giving items such as Legion's artifact weapons, in my opinion. If you ask me, they're in the same category as Illidan's blindfold and Warglaives of Azzinoth, and Thunderfury. Which is why I find it highly unlikely that the bow's and cloak's abilities will become actual hunter abilities in the next expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    It's possible, but I honestly doubt it. I mean, Sylvanas' bow and back piece don't land in the came category as ability-giving items such as Legion's artifact weapons, in my opinion. If you ask me, they're in the same category as Illidan's blindfold and Warglaives of Azzinoth, and Thunderfury. Which is why I find it highly unlikely that the bow's and cloak's abilities will become actual hunter abilities in the next expansion.
    Yeah, the cloak is pretty mindless. Sure I'll take the free dps but it's not even a button.
    Wailing arrow however is beefy, hits really hard ST with built in cleave damage and a 5 second silence.
    If it was brought in as a talent later I could see them removing the damage component but having it be a ranged silence in one of the utility rows.
    Time will tell, though I find it funny now that I think about it, all hunters got the Thori'dal bow effect in Cata :3

Just thinking...
    In the physical theory of multiverses maybe there is a parallel reality where there is no Death Knight Class in WoW (after all, they are just warriors udeads with some frost skills) and this thread is about a new 9.1 sword and this sword gives the Warrior the skill "Breath of Sindragosa".
    In this "parallel reality" all 10,000 arguments typed in this thread are identical.
    Last edited by Fantazma; 2021-06-11 at 06:29 PM.

4th spec dark rangers will never happen. how you gonna have 1 spec make you undead randomly lol.

Quote Originally Posted by DazManianDevil View Post
    Yeah, the cloak is pretty mindless. Sure I'll take the free dps but it's not even a button.
    Wailing arrow however is beefy, hits really hard ST with built in cleave damage and a 5 second silence.
    If it was brought in as a talent later I could see them removing the damage component but having it be a ranged silence in one of the utility rows.
    Time will tell, though I find it funny now that I think about it, all hunters got the Thori'dal bow effect in Cata :3
    If-- and that is a big "if" in my opinion-- Wailing Arrow ends up becoming an actual hunter class ability in the following expansion, I am certain that Blizzard is going to change the damage type of the ability (from shadow to nature, or physical, or fire, something the hunter already uses) and also change the name of the ability to better fit the hunter's theme.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    The fact that hunters are getting what so many people declare is something only dark rangers have just proves dark rangers aren't unique. They're literally just undead hunters with a different name.
    This comment didnt age well... and thats because it wasnt even well to begin with.

There were many abilities back in the day which were given to the new classes... like metamorphosis and death coil.
    Others aswell such as death and decay is consecration but you can place it and Blur is literally evasion, Chaos Nova is identical to Shadowfury but not placeable.

I guess Deathknights are just edgy paladins and Demonhunters are edgy rogues.

Quote Originally Posted by Otaka View Post
    This comment didnt age well... and thats because it wasnt even well to begin with.

There were many abilities back in the day which were given to the new classes... like metamorphosis and death coil.
    Others aswell such as death and decay is consecration but you can place it and Blur is literally evasion, Chaos Nova is identical to Shadowfury but not placeable.

I guess Deathknights are just edgy paladins and Demonhunters are edgy rogues.
    If you utterly disregard lore and gameplay mechanics, sure. Your comments about DKs and DHs is correct. But thankfully more logical people don't disregard those things. Both from lore standpoints and how they function in game through NPCs, dark rangers and hunters are the exact same.

Quote Originally Posted by Otaka View Post
    I'm not following the argument here.
    Warlocks, DK's and Dh's aren't 'new classes' they all existed pre WoW. Not to mention giving locks coil and meta was just blizzard being shortsighted and they paid for it in the long run (I mean there is still locks seething about meta today).
    Hell DnD is older than conc since it's a WCIII spell anyway and blur is pretty obviously based on the DH's WCIII passive skill which is ironically called evasion.
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    4th spec dark rangers will never happen. how you gonna have 1 spec make you undead randomly lol.
    The same way light forged priest have a spec that makes them shadow when in lore lightforged touching shadow makes them explode?

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    The same way light forged priest have a spec that makes them shadow when in lore lightforged touching shadow makes them explode?
    it would be like death knight being a paladin spec because arthas was a paly turned dk. they would have to come up with some shadow hunter spec that isn't a real dark ranger but still shoots shadow magic arrows or something.

no way they ever add demon hunters. warlocks already have metamorphosis. DH are just edgy rogues anyway.
    Edgy rogues that are actually better than rogues at that.

7+ Year Old Account
    it would be like death knight being a paladin spec because arthas was a paly turned dk. they would have to come up with some shadow hunter spec that isn't a real dark ranger but still shoots shadow magic arrows or something.
    Or you know like a Lightforged having a spec that would make them explode due to conflicting magics, but they'd never make a Jump that large surly.

Or you know like a Lightforged having a spec that would make them explode due to conflicting magics, but they'd never make a Jump that large surly.
    Can Lightforged not play as a shadow priest right now?

EDIT: That was your point ignore me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

nobody cares about some random lightforge allied race. they arent gonna make a spec that makes you suddenly undead.

7+ Year Old Account
    nobody cares about some random lightforge allied race. they arent gonna make a spec that makes you suddenly undead.
    I mean lightforged made it into the game where dark rangers haven't so it seems more people care about one then the other.

I mean lightforged made it into the game where dark rangers haven't so it seems more people care about one then the other.
    What kind of reasoning is that?

One is a class, the other is a "skin".

Dark rangers are in the game as a skin as well.
    That being said, a DR Hunter-class skin with new spell effects would be cool too.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2021-06-12 at 10:58 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    What kind of reasoning is that?

One is a class, the other is a "skin".

Dark rangers are in the game as a skin as well.
    That being said, a DR Hunter-class skin with new spell effects would be cool too.
    In the case of a 4th Spec DR would likely just be a reskin of pre legion survival something they could have absently have done in legion, They didn't care enough to.