Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
5
6
14
... LastLast
  1. #61
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    WC3 abilities are utterly irrelevant because they are completely different in WoW. They don't have ANY of those abilities in WoW and Sylvanas is the only unique one. I never said necromancy didn't exist anymore so not only do you not read what people say but you also put words in people's mouths. Typical.

    Sylvanas is the only banshee dark ranger. Literally every single other dark ranger npc is just an undead elf. Nothing special about them. Dark rangers don't have unique abilities like they did in WC3. They don't have mind control and they don't have aoe silence.

    If dark rangers were going to be a class, they would have happened this expansion. They didn't. Give it up. Dark ranger isn't happening especially with Blizzard giving their signature ability to hunters with the new raid.
    What a joke. I can't say of you are actually serious or not.
    War3 abilities are not irrelevant to the dark ranger class because they are litteraly the iconic abilities of the dark ranger class. If you put them out, you have a guy with a bow. It would be like saying paladin are just guys with hammer.

    "Sylvanas is the only banshee dark ranger." Again a freaking joke. I litteraly gave you a list of heroes dark ranger with the dark ranger abilities and suddenly dark rangers have to be "banshee dark ranger" ergo just Sylvanas because it suits your joke of an argument. While many wow dark rangers were probably banshees at the start. Like Sylvanas was. Banshees were the main force of Sylvanas army in war3.

    If demon hunters had to be a class it should have happened during bc. Their signature ability was even given to Warlock. Guess what ? You know what are the next expansions ? Or how it will end ? I don't.

    Once again I don't give a fuck about it being a unique class. Still there is enought material to make it a completely different spec for hunters.
    I just felt the need to point out that your argumentation had absolutely no solid ground.

  2. #62
    I like how this thread started with talking about game mechanics and now its about Dark Ranger class.
    Most dark ranger have no banshee powers, its more some sort of training. They are just some corpse with a bow and a special training.
    Dark Rangers will not happen anytime soon. Probably never.

  3. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellspawn View Post
    I like how this thread started with talking about game mechanics and now its about Dark Ranger class.
    Most dark ranger have no banshee powers, its more some sort of training. They are just some corpse with a bow and a special training.
    Dark Rangers will not happen anytime soon. Probably never.
    ALL dark rangers don't have banshee powers. Sylvanas is literally the only one. But people on these forums aren't going to let a little thing like facts get in the way of pushing for DR to be a full blown class.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Tarba View Post
    What a joke. I can't say of you are actually serious or not.
    War3 abilities are not irrelevant to the dark ranger class because they are litteraly the iconic abilities of the dark ranger class. If you put them out, you have a guy with a bow. It would be like saying paladin are just guys with hammer.

    "Sylvanas is the only banshee dark ranger." Again a freaking joke. I litteraly gave you a list of heroes dark ranger with the dark ranger abilities and suddenly dark rangers have to be "banshee dark ranger" ergo just Sylvanas because it suits your joke of an argument. While many wow dark rangers were probably banshees at the start. Like Sylvanas was. Banshees were the main force of Sylvanas army in war3.

    If demon hunters had to be a class it should have happened during bc. Their signature ability was even given to Warlock. Guess what ? You know what are the next expansions ? Or how it will end ? I don't.

    Once again I don't give a fuck about it being a unique class. Still there is enought material to make it a completely different spec for hunters.
    I just felt the need to point out that your argumentation had absolutely no solid ground.
    Lmfao no. There isn't a single dark ranger that is a banshee outside of Sylvanas. Actually read the lore before making utterly wrong comments. All dark rangers are undead Farstrider rangers. And guess what? Ranger is literally just the quel'dorei word for hunter. It's like how draenei don't have paladins, they have vindicators.

    The only joke here is you. You are disregarding ALL facts just to push for something that would barely even function as a hunter spec let alone an entire class. You accuse me of having no solid ground when you literally haven't posted a single accurate statement.

  4. #64
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    ALL dark rangers don't have banshee powers. Sylvanas is literally the only one. But people on these forums aren't going to let a little thing like facts get in the way of pushing for DR to be a full blown class.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Lmfao no. There isn't a single dark ranger that is a banshee outside of Sylvanas. Actually read the lore before making utterly wrong comments. All dark rangers are undead Farstrider rangers. And guess what? Ranger is literally just the quel'dorei word for hunter. It's like how draenei don't have paladins, they have vindicators.

    The only joke here is you. You are disregarding ALL facts just to push for something that would barely even function as a hunter spec let alone an entire class. You accuse me of having no solid ground when you literally haven't posted a single accurate statement.
    I love how your limited imagination becomes somewhat facts for your argumentation.

    https://wowwiki-archive.fandom.com/wiki/Dark_ranger
    "Many dark rangers are former banshees, however, this does not mean all of them are. The main difference is dark rangers have regained their physical bodies and gained greater powers."
    also
    https://wowwiki-archive.fandom.com/w..._Ranger_Cyndia
    "She fought with the mage against Arthas, but was slain and resurrected as a Banshee"

    Also the war3 dark ranger ability "charm" that is used by multiple named dark rangers heroes is an upgraded banshee's possession power.
    Also no reason that this ability can't be taught.

    Those are facts. You have litteraly nothing.
    Last edited by Tarba; 2021-06-06 at 05:02 PM.

  5. #65
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarba View Post
    I love how your limited imagination becomes somewhat facts for your argumentation.

    https://wowwiki-archive.fandom.com/wiki/Dark_ranger
    "Many dark rangers are former banshees, however, this does not mean all of them are. The main difference is dark rangers have regained their physical bodies and gained greater powers."
    also
    https://wowwiki-archive.fandom.com/w..._Ranger_Cyndia
    "She fought with the mage against Arthas, but was slain and resurrected as a Banshee"

    Also the war3 dark ranger ability "charm" that is used by multiple named dark rangers heroes is an upgraded banshee's possession power.
    Also no reason that this ability can't be taught.

    Those are facts. You have litteraly nothing.
    LOL WOWWIKI. That site is known for being absolute trash. Because they don't acknowledge that the RPG is noncanon. Which information regarding dark rangers being former banshees is ONLY from the RPG. Notice that portion says "citation needed" lmfao.

    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Dark_Ranger_Cyndia
    Cyndia wasn't a banshee lmao. Try using wowpedia in the future because they don't include shit with absolutely no citations. Dark rangers had the ability to charm in WC3 but lost that ability in the transition to WoW.

    YOU are the one that has literally nothing and no facts.

  6. #66
    The Insane Ielenia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    16,598
    Quote Originally Posted by Diaphin View Post
    I think you are talking with very new players who probably only started to play the game with BFA, so they probably don't have much knowledge on how classes are introduced.
    He's been on this website for almost ten years. This "death knights didn't have lich powers before the Wrath expansion" argument is not new to him. He's seen this argument at least once before, because I threw it at him, in the past.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    No they don't. You can literally make yourself look like a dark ranger in game right now as a hunter lmao. They don't have ANY distinct skills that separates them from hunters.
    Aside from banshee abilities, and mind-manipulating magic...

    The ONLY spell they had that hunters have never had is Wailing Arrow and guess what? Now hunters will have it
    Through an item, that going to be replaced by a new one likely still in this very expansion. Also? Remember back in TBC and Illidan's loot? You could get his blindfold, that allowed you to track demons, and you could also get his warglaives, so you, as a rogue, could pretend to be a demon hunter, just like hunters can PRETEND to be dark rangers with Sylvanas' loot.

    Dark rangers aren't fucking happening.
    In your opinion. Others disagree.

    If there was ANY chance, it would have happened this expansion. But with Sylvanas being out of the picture along with Nathanos, there is no way to make more dark rangers.
    Same thing with the demon hunter. "If there was any chance for demon hunters, it would have happened in TBC." Especially since we kill the majority of the demon hunters, and then kill Illidan himself, so technically all chances for a playable demon hunter class died right then and there. And yet we have demon hunters, today.

    And once again, there is absolutely no lore that separates dark rangers from hunters.
    Please tell me where in the hunter class' official lore there's anything remotely like: "These cunning individuals, adept at manipulating opponents, are mainly composed of forcibly raised Farstrider rangers of Quel'Thalas. They now enjoy nothing more than sowing dissension and hatred within the enemy ranks."

    If you actually read the lore, you'd know dark rangers are risen Farstriders, who are all hunters.
    Two things: first, if you actually read the lore, you'd see they're mostly risen Farstriders right now. Nothing stops that from changing in the future, like it happened to other certain classes. And second, the WC3 lore of the death knight was that they were paladins before becoming death knights. But now members of basically any "class" can become a death knight. Sally Whitemane used to be a priest.

    But it's ok. Thankfully people like you aren't getting their way
    Because you say so?

    and Blizzard is further showing us there is no difference between hunters and dark rangers.
    Not really. It's just confirmation bias from you.
    Last edited by Ielenia; 2021-06-06 at 08:36 PM.
    I did a Necromancer thing. Check it out! All feedback welcome!
    I also did a Bard thing! Questions, comments and ideas, all welcome!

  7. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    He's been on this website for almost ten years. This "death knights didn't have lich powers before the Wrath expansion" argument is not new to him. He's seen this argument at least once before, because I threw it at him, in the past.
    I'm not really going to bother from this point on anymore tbh. That person seems to become really emotional which makes it hard to argue and it gives off the same entitlement vibes which I saw with that one person who is constantly advocating for Tinkers.

    Truth be told, Dark Ranger can become a class on the fact alone that Sylvanas is probably the third most famous and popular character in the Franchise, right after Arthas and Illidan. Over the course of BfA and Shadowlands alone, Blizz has build up the concept already by far more in terms of available abilities than was ever done with Death Knights prior. Sylvanas and Nathanos act both as bosses with a whole set of their own skills and abilities which already gives the class potential for a plague based playstyle which utilizes undead pets as well as a shadow-damage necromancy based playstyle.

    The Banshee Form was also updated pretty heavily into something that could be utilized into a class. Prior to BfA, Sylvanas wasn't even depicted as still possessing the ability to be a banshee, which was just an incorporal high elf ghost and the Banshee was very passive. From BfA on, the Banshee Form is an active transformation Sylvanas can untertake which is used very offensively.

  8. #68
    Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    Bad argument.
    no its actually the perfect argument

  9. #69
    Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    no its actually the perfect argument
    The perfect bad argument.

  10. #70
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantazma View Post
    Where are ALL my possible Banshee powers ??
    You don't have them because you're not playing as a banshee.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

  11. #71
    I would go in a complete opposite direction than OP
    I mean... if they are adding this as an one-time skill in an item there is no chance they will introduce Dark Ranger as a class, they just wanted to pay a little homage to the DR fans with this bow and get you some flavor

  12. #72
    The Lightbringer The-Shan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Somewhere in the Badlands
    Posts
    3,916
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    That HotS not WoW. So therefore, it is invalid. Dark rangers also don't have banshee powers. that is something ONLY Sylvanas has. Also, dark rangers have no mind control abilities in WoW.

    Using HotS in a conversation about WoW is beyond asinine.
    way to move the goalpost, admit you are wrong lmao

    durr it uses a bow so its a hunter

    certified pepega moment over here
    thinly veiled high elf thread

  13. #73
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Hunters don't use wild magic. As a matter of fact, Blizzard doesn't really tell us WHAT magic they use. Regardless, from a gameplay and mechanics standpoint, dark rangers are just hunters. And from a lore standpoint, dark rangers are literally nothing but undead Farstrider rangers. So you can try and say they are different all day but you'll be wrong every single time.
    You saying people are wrong every single time doesn't make your points any more valid.

    So... whatever.

    LOL WOWWIKI. That site is known for being absolute trash. Because they don't acknowledge that the RPG is noncanon.
    Not sure what that has to do with anything though, because wether it's canon or not doesn't even really matter. Because the DR hero-class would be the RPG class.
    So what's your point.
    It's how DRs are portrayed in WoW and Warcraft too anyway.

    Not sure what else you need for a class to exist in this game.

    Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    Dark Rangers seems to be more of a faction thing for hunters than a specific class, ingame, though. I don't see any sense in Dark Rangers ever being a playable class, lorewise. Death Knights, Monks and Demon Hunters actually made sense for the expansion they were introduced in. What expansion theme would Dark Rangers be relevant in? Certainly not shadow lands, thats for sure. Some silly goofed up reason like "they're lonely after we killed Sylvanas so they'll join us in 10.0 because reasons"?

    Sylvanas raised loyal NE-DRs after she burned down the tree.
    What made them loyal?
    Didn't really play that part in Wow... but I'd say the death of Sylvanas would actually be a good way to introduce DRs to both factions
    (not that I need them or even want them... just saying the reason isn't any worse than when DKs and DHs showed up on both sides.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2021-06-06 at 11:38 PM.

  14. #74
    Dark Ranger is just a Hunter, the amount of grasping at straws needed to convince someone otherwise is just sad lol.

    Black Arrow was a Hunter talent for like a decade up until BFA. It even summoned a Dark Minion! It returns as Flayed Shot in Shadowlands (shadow damage over time) just without the minion. Now Hunters are getting Wailing Arrow!

    Once you remember that Dark Rangers =/= Banshees there's nothing left of the Dark Ranger that isn't already in Hunter.

  15. #75
    The Lightbringer The-Shan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Somewhere in the Badlands
    Posts
    3,916
    Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    Dark Ranger is just a Hunter, the amount of grasping at straws needed to convince someone otherwise is just sad lol.

    Black Arrow was a Hunter talent for like a decade up until BFA. It even summoned a Dark Minion! It returns as Flayed Shot in Shadowlands (shadow damage over time) just without the minion. Now Hunters are getting Wailing Arrow!

    Once you remember that Dark Rangers =/= Banshees there's nothing left of the Dark Ranger that isn't already in Hunter.
    warlock must equal demon hunter because warlocks had metamorphasis too before they were added right?
    thinly veiled high elf thread

  16. #76
    Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    Dark Ranger is just a Hunter, the amount of grasping at straws needed to convince someone otherwise is just sad lol.

    Black Arrow was a Hunter talent for like a decade up until BFA. It even summoned a Dark Minion! It returns as Flayed Shot in Shadowlands (shadow damage over time) just without the minion. Now Hunters are getting Wailing Arrow!

    Once you remember that Dark Rangers =/= Banshees there's nothing left of the Dark Ranger that isn't already in Hunter.
    Then why is a Dark Ranger something that has to be trained specifically (in lore) and not just a normal marksman/survival hunter which the horde had already plenty.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2021-06-06 at 11:32 PM.

  17. #77
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantazma View Post
    I already proved in the other thread that you are wrong my dude.

    Dark Rangers have "roots" in Hunters but are a totally different class. Also, this isn't the first time Blizzard has given Hunter a DR skill. We already had Black Arrow.
    Demon Hunter's metamorphosis was once Warlock's.

    No longer am I happy if this skill that appeared in the last PTR update is legitimate.

    If Blizzard wants to give Hunter all the skills of a DR I'm happy with that.
    Wrong. It was always a Demon Hunter ability. The Black Harvest studied Illidan and copied him for their version of Metamorphosis.

  18. #78
    Quote Originally Posted by The-Shan View Post
    warlock must equal demon hunter because warlocks had metamorphasis too before they were added right?
    You got it completely backwards, Demon Hunters equaled Warlocks until they got fleshed out in Legion. Illidan's abilities in TBC describe him as a Destruction Warlock, he's flinging fire balls and shadow bolts and summoning demons against you 90% of the time: https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Ill...rage_(tactics) Illidan uses:

    - Flame Crash — Deals 1665 to 1935 Fire damage to the target and leaves a blaze upon the ground.
    - Summon Parasitic Shadowfiend — A parasitic shadowfiend burrows its way through the target, dealing 5400 Shadow damage every 2 sec for 10 sec. When the shadowfiend is finished, it leaves the target and seeks new prey.
    - Fireball — Inflicts 4590 to 6210 Fire damage to enemies within 10 yards of the target.
    - Dark Barrage — A barrage of demonic magic deals 5400 Shadow damage to the target every 1 sec for 10 sec.
    - Agonizing Flames — Deals 7200 Fire damage instantly to all enemies within 5 yards of the target and dealing 64800 Fire damage over 1 min.
    - Summon Shadow Demons — Summons a Shadow Demon. The Shadow Demon will stun a target, then pursue it until death.
    - Shadow Blast — Deals 7800 to 8200 Shadow damage to the target and any enemies within 20 yards of the target.

    Plus, as is already mentioned, lorewise the Warlocks picked up the Metamorphosis skill from Illidan, which kills Warlocks = DH by itself.

    Therefore Dark Rangers equal Hunters.

  19. #79
    Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    You got it completely backwards, Demon Hunters equaled Warlocks until they got fleshed out in Legion. Illidan's abilities in TBC describe him as a Destruction Warlock, he's flinging fire balls and shadow bolts and summoning demons against you 90% of the time: https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Ill...rage_(tactics) Illidan uses:

    - Flame Crash — Deals 1665 to 1935 Fire damage to the target and leaves a blaze upon the ground.
    - Summon Parasitic Shadowfiend — A parasitic shadowfiend burrows its way through the target, dealing 5400 Shadow damage every 2 sec for 10 sec. When the shadowfiend is finished, it leaves the target and seeks new prey.
    - Fireball — Inflicts 4590 to 6210 Fire damage to enemies within 10 yards of the target.
    - Dark Barrage — A barrage of demonic magic deals 5400 Shadow damage to the target every 1 sec for 10 sec.
    - Agonizing Flames — Deals 7200 Fire damage instantly to all enemies within 5 yards of the target and dealing 64800 Fire damage over 1 min.
    - Summon Shadow Demons — Summons a Shadow Demon. The Shadow Demon will stun a target, then pursue it until death.
    - Shadow Blast — Deals 7800 to 8200 Shadow damage to the target and any enemies within 20 yards of the target.

    Plus, as is already mentioned, lorewise the Warlocks picked up the Metamorphosis skill from Illidan, which kills Warlocks = DH by itself.

    Therefore Dark Rangers equal Hunters.
    In what world does that mean "Dark Rangers = Hunters"
    If anything, you are really supporting the case of DRs getting their own playable class.

    "DHs were like Warlocks in the past, but became their own class in Legion after being fleshed out properly"
    but for some reason (because you want to be it that way, basically) this one doesn't work:
    "DRs were like Hunters in the past, but became their own class in XXX after being fleshed out properly"

    The irony in this....

    People are freaking retarded sometimes. It's so obvious that people are just saying shit because they'd rather have a different class... but... that's kinda beside the point. It doesn't make the DR have any less potential as a class on it's own.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2021-06-06 at 11:59 PM.

  20. #80
    The Insane Ielenia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    16,598
    Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    Dark Ranger is just a Hunter, the amount of grasping at straws needed to convince someone otherwise is just sad lol.
    But dark rangers can be their own thing.

    Black Arrow was a Hunter talent for like a decade up until BFA.
    So was the warlock's version of metamorphosis.

    It returns as Flayed Shot in Shadowlands (shadow damage over time) just without the minion.
    That's not the same ability, though. Right?

    Now Hunters are getting Wailing Arrow!
    For as long as they use Sylvanas' bow. Which is likely to be replaced for a stronger bow/crossbow/gun still in this very expansion. Also, rogues could imitate demon hunters by using Illidan's blindfold and Illidan's warglaives.

    Once you remember that Dark Rangers =/= Banshees there's nothing left of the Dark Ranger that isn't already in Hunter.
    Aside from mental manipulation abilities and the ability to summon an undead skeleton from mobs they kill?
    I did a Necromancer thing. Check it out! All feedback welcome!
    I also did a Bard thing! Questions, comments and ideas, all welcome!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •