Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    The "WORLD" of "WARCRAFT"

    Just scrap both.

    The World isn't interactive at all. Phasing, War mode, everything is scaled. There's just no sense of adventure and exploration. The zones have becoming smaller and smaller each expansion. Horrible to navigate on top. Mobs scattered everywhere.
    There's no danger, the game feels like a downgraded Sandbox MMO.

    There's no immersion either and the story of this expansion is downright horrible.

    What made the story of World of Warcraft so good is told in its name.
    A world of conflict between various races.
    Quite simple really. I do not care about following the Avenger's team of Warcraft once more. I do not give a crap about Anduin, I do not care about Jaina, I do not care about Thrall, I certainly do not care about Baine.
    I do not care about their dialogue, their voices. I just want to adventure, explore and interact with the world. Not these fantastic heroes, almos the Avenger team on Azeroth.

    I think the writer's reflect that nature. All Blizzard could scrape together as a writing team were some self virtueing people on Twitter, and you know how obsessed those lunatics are with Marvel and other pop culture trash.

    I'm saying that the writer's are incompetent and that they do not care about the Warcraft IP, they care more about their self virtueing morals on Twitter, gathering likes on Social Media. They go back and change lore that they did not create. They constantly retcon stuff. They bring in dead characters because the incompetency of them that they can't write new characters.

    Also the copypasted systems and them not even trying anymore just really shows. You can really see them just making decisions like "let's artificially time-gate as much content so these suckers will continue playing and stay subbed"
    "yeah we'll just throw in a few mounts and transmog pieces, no need to even implement a story or anything, just MOGS MOUNTS AND CHEEVOS"

    Maybe that's the nature of the average MMO player aswell.
    When I played the original AV, I Felt like a soldier on the battlefield. Gaining reputation with the Stormpike/Frostwolves. Getting rewarded for my feats on the battlefield. In the end, I was allowed to buy a really good weapon, and not only that, I was rewarded a Stormpike Ram/Frostwolf mount. Not only were mounts hard to get, I was allowed to buy them for a lesser fee because of the hard work I put in.

    And now, "lol just get renown from everything bro, just get it so you can get this fucking bear and several recolours of it lmao, also here's some transmog I guess"

    It's so blatant that the game is ran by corporations nowadays for maximum profit.
    This game doesn't feel like a World.
    There's no Warcraft either.

    The lore is shit, the immersion is shit. There's only repetitive shit to do in this game.

  2. #2
    The only thing that is blatant is that you need to stop playing and search for another game or hobby that makes you happy

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Overlordd View Post

    The lore is shit, the immersion is shit. There's only repetitive shit to do in this game.
    No sensible being cares about this stuff, just release raids every 6 months, give us a few mini ones now and then also, hell even better, scrap all the irrelevant My Little Pony irrelevant lore stuff and fire all the devs that arent part of ability creation and dungeon/raid content.

    Leave your house and go do something else other than caring how pixels talk to each other.

  4. #4
    Over 9000! Soon-TM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Netherstorm
    Posts
    9,259
    Quote Originally Posted by Wuusah View Post
    The only thing that is blatant is that you need to stop playing and search for another game or hobby that makes you happy
    That advice was certainly unsolicited, and it in no way addresses the OP's points, either to agree or disagree.

    I certainly share many of the OP's feelings especially the Avengers Team lmao. The Fab Four, i.e. Andy, Jaina, Thrall and Baine (five if we include Sylv) are an utter bore to watch and contribute nothing to make the World of Warcraft feel more like... a world, instead of a page from some lame comic.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    Leave your house and go do something else other than caring how pixels talk to each other.
    Imagine people caring about the story. In a RPG. You will teach them!
    If the Janitor managed to pwn Azeroth:

    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    "Die, wold soul of *incomprehensible mumbling* with your death my plan to *incomprehensible mumbling* finally fullfilled and *incomprehensible mumbling*!"

  5. #5
    So, consider your options here.

    1) Don't play. This is the simplest one. If you dislike the game and the direction it has taken, simply don't play it. Step away from the game, don't let the bitterness take you. Use your time someplace else.

    2) Play Classic. Since you seem to have enjoyed the game in the past, you can recapture that feeling by playing one of the versions of Classic. You'l get the more immersive and social world, without some of the mechanics that seem to irritate you.

    3) Give your feedback to Blizzard. Will this accomplish much? Maybe not, but if you make it constructive as opposed to... well... this... at least there is a chance it gets read and acknowledged.

    But bitching about the state of the game on a third party forum with a rambling blog post just isn't going to accomplish anything. It's just noise. Don't get me wrong, I largely agree with you. I'm not subbed right now for a very good reason. But posts like this one don't actually do anything as there's nothing constructive that's going to come out of a giant rant.

  6. #6
    The "PREMISE" of this "THREAD" is "I HAVE NOTHING TO ACTUALLY TALK ABOUT" with a dash of "BLIZZARD BAD" and you expect people to take you seriously with this?
    Last edited by KOUNTERPARTS; 2021-06-05 at 01:42 PM.

  7. #7
    Immortal Nnyco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Haomarush
    Posts
    7,842
    So what you wanna discuss? Seems like your mind is set in stone, just quit the game and stop being so misserable.

    Or just play classic where lore was so much richer like illidan is bad now, random mad orcs and dont forget mustache twirling arthas popping up every 5minutes during questing but doesnt kill you.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Wuusah View Post
    The only thing that is blatant is that you need to stop playing and search for another game or hobby that makes you happy
    I mostly agree with the OP. WoW is just another victim of Disneyfication. It's sad, but I also agree with your post: move on, OP. There are greener pastures out there. Nothing to be gained by clinging to your drug and std infested ex despite all the love, money, and advice you gave them.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    So what you wanna discuss? Seems like your mind is set in stone, just quit the game and stop being so misserable.

    Nothing. OP doesn't want to discuss anything. He's about to get banned again for these threads and we won't hear from him for another month until this thread is reposted under a new title.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    That advice was certainly unsolicited, and it in no way addresses the OP's points, either to agree or disagree.
    There are no points to address because there is no discussion to be had here. Someone who writes such a lengthy post about how shit the game is, has made up their mind long ago but for some reason just refuses to move on.

  11. #11

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Overlordd View Post
    Just scrap both.

    The World isn't interactive at all. Phasing, War mode, everything is scaled. There's just no sense of adventure and exploration. The zones have becoming smaller and smaller each expansion. Horrible to navigate on top. Mobs scattered everywhere.
    There's no danger, the game feels like a downgraded Sandbox MMO.
    True. The game needs more interactivity than just being this static world that never changes (unless it is patched-in).

    I do not agree about Phasing, War Mode and Scaling, though. Phasing allows for story progression, War Mode allows more server integration and Scaling makes it so you're not this godly figure, going through enemies like they were butter.

    There's no immersion either and the story of this expansion is downright horrible.

    What made the story of World of Warcraft so good is told in its name.
    A world of conflict between various races.
    Quite simple really. I do not care about following the Avenger's team of Warcraft once more. I do not give a crap about Anduin, I do not care about Jaina, I do not care about Thrall, I certainly do not care about Baine.
    I do not care about their dialogue, their voices. I just want to adventure, explore and interact with the world. Not these fantastic heroes, almos the Avenger team on Azeroth.
    I think it is true. The game lacks immersion. This could be solved with some more interactivity, rather than being bound to patch/expansion storytelling.

    Even though i agree the races' conflicts are the heart of this game, there's so much Blizzard can do with it. There is a need for other elements of storytelling.

    I think the writer's reflect that nature. All Blizzard could scrape together as a writing team were some self virtueing people on Twitter, and you know how obsessed those lunatics are with Marvel and other pop culture trash.

    I'm saying that the writer's are incompetent and that they do not care about the Warcraft IP, they care more about their self virtueing morals on Twitter, gathering likes on Social Media. They go back and change lore that they did not create. They constantly retcon stuff. They bring in dead characters because the incompetency of them that they can't write new characters.
    Well, apparently, this game was based on Marvel more than i thought. Garona=Gamora, Thanos=Gul'dan, Celestials=Titans...

    But yeah, i'm pretty much over with all of this love and peace bullshit that is going on right now. It doesn't stand true to the ideals of the game. It is part of this generation's high morals and ideals, which should stay out of this game's fantasy and story.

    Basically, i don't really care about them bringing back dead characters back to life. Because those characters were great. Whether it is Illidan, Guld'an, Hellscream or anyone else that is part of the game's core fantasy. Definitely prefer them over these lovey-dovey Jaina, Baine, Anduin and Thrall characters.

    Also the copypasted systems and them not even trying anymore just really shows. You can really see them just making decisions like "let's artificially time-gate as much content so these suckers will continue playing and stay subbed"
    "yeah we'll just throw in a few mounts and transmog pieces, no need to even implement a story or anything, just MOGS MOUNTS AND CHEEVOS"

    Maybe that's the nature of the average MMO player aswell.
    When I played the original AV, I Felt like a soldier on the battlefield. Gaining reputation with the Stormpike/Frostwolves. Getting rewarded for my feats on the battlefield. In the end, I was allowed to buy a really good weapon, and not only that, I was rewarded a Stormpike Ram/Frostwolf mount. Not only were mounts hard to get, I was allowed to buy them for a lesser fee because of the hard work I put in.

    And now, "lol just get renown from everything bro, just get it so you can get this fucking bear and several recolours of it lmao, also here's some transmog I guess"
    I agree. Doing Artifact power grind, and them introducing azerite power grind and Anima power grind and marketing them as new features is getting pretty annoying. Same goes for time-gating. It's pretty much a way to preserve subscribers, rather than improving on gameplay.

    You don't know how right you are about mounts and transmog. Patch 9.1 showcase in Blizzcon was pretty much that. Loads and loads of reskinned mounts and transmogs, instead of actual gameplay and story. It's rather irritating how they buy the playerbase that easily and cheaply.

    I remember being able to mount only towards level 40 and 60 and actually working pretty hard to attain gold to buy them in the first place. Nowadays, mounts have no prestige to them. Everyone has them, and plenty of them. No one really works that hard to get them in the first place, not in terms of gold or level. They are no longer a status symbol of a player like they used to be.

    It's so blatant that the game is ran by corporations nowadays for maximum profit.
    This game doesn't feel like a World.
    There's no Warcraft either.

    The lore is shit, the immersion is shit. There's only repetitive shit to do in this game.
    I can sum it in one sentence: It has become a mobile game more than anything.

    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    I certainly share many of the OP's feelings especially the Avengers Team lmao. The Fab Four, i.e. Andy, Jaina, Thrall and Baine (five if we include Sylv) are an utter bore to watch and contribute nothing to make the World of Warcraft feel more like... a world, instead of a page from some lame comic.


    *4

    Quote Originally Posted by Dazmalak View Post
    I mostly agree with the OP. WoW is just another victim of Disneyfication.
    That's exactly the word i was looking for. Disneyfication. Blizzard has turned this game into a children only game. Starting with the removal of the word bitch from Garrosh's phrase to accommodate for one of the developers' son, to the cringeworthy dialogue in 9.1 where Tyrande is being purged of her Night Warrior powers, encouraged by her friends to renounce all hatred and vengeance for peace and love.
    Last edited by username993720; 2021-06-05 at 03:38 PM.
    I'm tempted to apply for a moderator position, just so i can go moderator on your asses.

  13. #13
    Let's rename the game because one angry gamer wants it that way
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

    Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

  14. #14
    Warchief Freedom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Texas, USA
    Posts
    2,154
    I was going to make a "witty reply" about "The 'SHITTY BAIT POST' of the 'ORIGINAL POSTER'" but then found myself agreeing with most of what was said. I felt this way about Legion, that immersion was being fractured by the increasingly in your face "This is a videogame that you are playing; good luck getting immersed in the world of a dungeon with our shitty M+ UI always reminding you this is an artificial reality construct and hairline fracture any ability you have to get lost in the world."

    The Didneyification of things doesn't help either; I've heard of children's cartoons that are more gritty and edgy than modern WoW. And it's not like WoW did gritty and edgy that well in the first place.

    I'd say your best bet would be to quit like I did or try Classic WoW, but it's likely stuff you've already done before. From what I understand about the Classic community, it's far too sweaty and srs bsns over ancient content for me to ever imagine having a good time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

  15. #15
    Over 9000! Soon-TM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Netherstorm
    Posts
    9,259
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Let's rename the game because one angry gamer wants it that way
    No one talked about renaming the game, but some people don't even care to make a witty strawman

    Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    That's exactly the word i was looking for. Disneyfication. Blizzard has turned this game into a children only game. Starting with the removal of the word bitch from Garrosh's phrase to accommodate for one of the developers' son, to the cringeworthy dialogue in 9.1 where Tyrande is being purged of her Night Warrior powers, encouraged by her friends to renounce all hatred and vengeance for peace and love.
    But they have no qualms throwing the word "genocide" every now and then, maybe because SJW's get their pants wet with it, and also because muh morally grey world

    Quote Originally Posted by Wuusah View Post
    There are no points to address because there is no discussion to be had here.
    Certainly there are, you just didn't bother thinking, see e.g. @username993720 's post. You just wanted to act smug out of some weird sense of superiority, but you do you...
    If the Janitor managed to pwn Azeroth:

    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    "Die, wold soul of *incomprehensible mumbling* with your death my plan to *incomprehensible mumbling* finally fullfilled and *incomprehensible mumbling*!"

  16. #16
    Brewmaster Malania's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Newcastle, UK
    Posts
    1,498
    Play something else.

  17. #17
    Disagree with all of this, and its pretty clear to me you are not thinking with a passion for this game.
    Maybe time for a break.

    Anyway, for anyone else, I will say I recommend starting from scratch on a lot of this.
    I might have agreed with the world not feeling engaging until I recently started doing Nomad Leveling challenges.
    Basically, you agree to use only ground mounts, no flight paths, no portals, and no hearth stones.
    Everywhere you go you go on the ground yourself.

    It REALLY starts to make you notice the little things in the game and has given me an entirely fresh perspective.

    It starts to really accentuate the lore too, which I previously did not care about at all and probably also would have agreed with being bad.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

  18. #18
    It seems to me that you need to find a new game, i know of a few Crpg's that you might like

  19. #19
    almost all his thread are closed because they are all troll or bait thread but he is still not permabanned, why ? https://www.mmo-champion.com/search....rchid=67391330

  20. #20
    As negative as it sounds, the OP is somewhat right. Not caring about the story and characters is a personal thing, but the world feeling not important is a true thing. Every expansion we are getting less, smaller zones. Everything needs to scale. I understand the reasoning of why it needs to but it takes away of immersion. The reason we feel the lack of content is because downright 50% of the game's content is been thrown out the window once you reach level 60. There is no reason to be in the world other then the god awful world quests. I can't put exactly my finger on it but in other games it's an entire adventure to be in the wild. In WoW it feels really obnoxious and the need for flying and speed increasing traveling confirms that.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •