Transmogging with old gladiator gear question

Leveling up a hunter for the first time, and while I have a lot of shaman gear to Transmog, I don't have much in the way of hunter stuff. So I'm wondering if some of the tier stuff can be picked up while leveling?

I seem to remember old expansions' pvp sets were being sold for gold with no rating requirement. Is that true? Are they all in one place? Or do I have to find the vendor in the various expansions?

With this new leveling system, it's not clear to me at what point I should be able to start clearing MC and other early raids. If say, I wanted to farm kara gear, should I be setting the timeline to Burning Crusade? Or leave it in the present?

10+ Year Old Account
    1-50 and subsequently 50-60 takes so little time nowadays, its better just to push to level cap. the time spent doing old raids before 60 just isn't worth it.

As far as PVP Gear, all PVP gear is sold with Marks of Honor which you pretty much get from BG win boxes
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Get to 60 then concern yourself with old content. The only people that should care about playing a lower level are herald of the titans players, or twinks with high end level 50 (old 120 bfa gear).

Other than that don’t worry. Marks you get from doing BGs and other pvp content. However, just know that since legion end, the source of marks of honor have been really parse. BFA was good with random BGs, but even now in SL, Blizzard dripfeeds the marks.

As for cost. Ensemble sets for specific class for that season’s set cost 12 marks and for weapon ensemble (you get all weapons except elite) for that entire season it costs 80. You can buy pieces individually but it costs more, really only do that if it costs you less to get the rest of set you have in your bank/bags/void storage than spending the full 12 marks.

Quote Originally Posted by Couchpotato2013 View Post
    Get to 60 then concern yourself with old content.
    I haven't actually bought Shadowlands yet ... waiting for the next sale, so I have plenty of time to kill!

Quote Originally Posted by solinari6 View Post
    Leveling up a hunter for the first time, and while I have a lot of shaman gear to Transmog, I don't have much in the way of hunter stuff. So I'm wondering if some of the tier stuff can be picked up while leveling?

I seem to remember old expansions' pvp sets were being sold for gold with no rating requirement. Is that true? Are they all in one place? Or do I have to find the vendor in the various expansions?

With this new leveling system, it's not clear to me at what point I should be able to start clearing MC and other early raids. If say, I wanted to farm kara gear, should I be setting the timeline to Burning Crusade? Or leave it in the present?
    The old sets are sold but not with gold. There's an item called marks of honor you get from pvp used to buy the old sets. Vanilla and Cata sets are in the pvp hall in Orgrimmar, BC is in Area 52, Wrath is in old Dalaran, MoP is on the wall, WoD is in Warspear, Legion is in new Dalaran, and BFA is in Mugambala.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    The old sets are sold but not with gold.
    Nuts ... could have sworn I remembered years ago buying some outdated pvp gear with gold in Area 52! Oh well, I hate PvP, so I will probably skip the mark grinds for those.

I haven't actually bought Shadowlands yet ... waiting for the next sale, so I have plenty of time to kill!
    I will say one thing, people will be reluctant to invite you into groups for legacy content (non-queueable stuff) since you don’t have a geared 50, and obviously they prefer you to be 60 regardless. But just play how you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Couchpotato2013 View Post
    Get to 60 then concern yourself with old content. The only people that should care about playing a lower level are herald of the titans players, or twinks with high end level 50 (old 120 bfa gear).
    This.

By spending too much time in legacy content without capping your character / possibly doing current endgame you are just wasting too much time and putting too much effort into it.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

Nuts ... could have sworn I remembered years ago buying some outdated pvp gear with gold in Area 52! Oh well, I hate PvP, so I will probably skip the mark grinds for those.
    No.. both are correct. You buy the stated gear with marks but it won't let your mog it. You can buy the replica sets for gold in area 52 but that has a rating requirement on it for purchase.

Well on a side note, I did find some old Tier gear sets on sale for just gold in the Champion's hall, Stormwind. Looks like maybe the firelands set, and some other one. No requirements at all, and equip-able at my level. So that should help round out my hunter transmog a bit.

Timeline doesn't matter for a raid, id assume if you're 10to 15 lvls above the gear required that drops you can solo the content