Page 1 of 2
LastLast

I should I try out LoL?

Im almost scared to ask this.

One streamer I have been watching suddenly started playing LoL and has been doing so for a while now. I had not even seen the game before that, but I did spend time playing HOTS when it was still relatively new. I was never very good at it, but I liked trying out stuff and stay at my extremely casual level.

So yeah, I got that moba itch back. I hear LoL is extremely toxic, but if I go in knowing that, Im not sure I care much about it. I'm actually considering getting the game.

... Or should I just give up on the idea and get as far away as possible?

better try and see how you like it

Try dota, I think you will like it more. And every hero is free so you can try all of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Morae View Post

One streamer I have been watching suddenly started playing LoL and has been doing so for a while now. I had not even seen the game before that, but I did spend time playing HOTS when it was still relatively new. I was never very good at it, but I liked trying out stuff and stay at my extremely casual level.

So yeah, I got that moba itch back. I hear LoL is extremely toxic, but if I go in knowing that, Im not sure I care much about it. I'm actually considering getting the game.

tbf every moba community is extremely toxic due to the nature of the genre. The genre is by nature extremely competitive and with the anonymity offered to you by the internet it truly brings the worse in people.
    For example I ve been playing LoL for several years. Even now in my late 20s, due to how limited my time is, if someone starts trolling in a game (not playing bad, talking about legit trolling like griefing etc) then I get the urge to be toxic even though I try to not be.
    Its a fun game though with a lot of champ variety and a very interesting universe and lore. I d say give it a go but if you have friends that play it try to play with them most of the time. The learning curve is steeper than hots and you ll be getting pummeled for a long time before getting the hang of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Morae View Post

I tried LoL a long awhile back and I wouldn't really recommend it. I found moba game play to be really boring until about 3/4ths of the way into the match, but by then it ends pretty fast. It gets old fast standing around last hitting mobs and playing tag until you actually have a character built, only to play for like 5 more minutes before it's over and you get to repeat the boring bits.

Add in the community factor and you just end up with... well, a boring game that's full of toxic pieces of shit. If you aren't a streamer or playing for an esports team I can't see how the game could possibly be fun, but everyone is different, this is just how I felt about it. It's free so never hurts to try.

Well I tried out LoL about a year ago. You have to do matches against AI at first. I get in and pick Darius, my group is chatting a bit. One guy was talking about how his old account was banned and he is making a new one. His name? Gayf*g. I'm thinking "well it won't be long till his new account is banned." Anyways everyone calls a lane and I say "okay, all the lanes are called, where am I supposed to go?" No answer. I just go mid. This guy starts flaming me! Its vs AI! I'm pretty sure we could have half the team afk and still win...

I'll play autochess sometimes with friends but other than that I haven't touched it since.

Of course, League of Legends is a very interesting and entertaining game, but the community in League of Legends is incredibly toxic and just unpleasant. People deliberately spoil your game because you play well. So I don't advise it.

yes!It's been a few seasons, but it's still doable!

amazing that looks nice

Ohh...LOL...it is one of the first online games for me, I spend so many hours in it...it is not toxic too much and I really love the characters(they've got a lot of videos and them are awesome) and their history(btw, Arcane- one love)

All moba type games have "toxic" people. Every pvp game does. Dont let that get in your way of trying a new game. Mute people if you have to. Just keep in mind that games like League will have a learning curve to them.

I've been considering getting started with LoL as well, but am unfortunately thin-skinned. Reading these comments, I guess LoL isn't for me x) That's a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by GamingStudy View Post
    I've been considering getting started with LoL as well, but am unfortunately thin-skinned. Reading these comments, I guess LoL isn't for me x) That's a shame.
    To be honest, I recently watched Arcane and decided to give it a go for the first time ever. I have to say, I am 50 games in and I only saw someone acting like an idiot once. The big caveat is that I only play against AI bots, but generally when I mention that I am noob people either say nothing (they are also noobs) or are at least ok with it.

Having said that, I assume that if I try PvP (I don't really plan to do so) then I might see a different picture. But so far it's been great tbh

Not played LoL since they added Jihn, had every Champion and Runes unlocked prior to then. Been playing it for years till then.

You can play against AI to learn the basics, and unranked against players till you feel comfortable enough to play Ranked... which is honestly no different to unranked in the lower brackets though you might come across "smurfs" (seal clubbers).

The game has an absolute ton of Champions, which can be quite daunting to know all their abilities to play against. And the various builds one can do with. Learn the shop so you ain't spending ages window shopping.

Take the toxicity with a grain of salt, most online games nowadays have that.

You are late to the party.
    Only smurf and toxic people now.

Too many champions. Too confusing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    I tried LoL a long awhile back and I wouldn't really recommend it. I found moba game play to be really boring until about 3/4ths of the way into the match, but by then it ends pretty fast. It gets old fast standing around last hitting mobs and playing tag until you actually have a character built, only to play for like 5 more minutes before it's over and you get to repeat the boring bits.

Add in the community factor and you just end up with... well, a boring game that's full of toxic pieces of shit. If you aren't a streamer or playing for an esports team I can't see how the game could possibly be fun, but everyone is different, this is just how I felt about it. It's free so never hurts to try.

Exactly how I feel about LoL.

By the time I've had the gear and start to have fun, the game is over in a few minutes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Misume View Post
    The day the Mythic Progression Thread isn't 95% trolling is the day Prime comes back to power.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post

I find the Jungler role to be most fun, ambushing lanes.

LoL is great, but it's nothing like Heroes of Newerth (also MOBA). Sadly that game has closed officially :/

Joining LoL now is bad idea. It is like joining WoW right now. Too many elitists, too much stuff to learn --> toxicity aimed at you.
    There will be no fun.
    Only boring grind towards being toxic min maxxer.

Quote Originally Posted by aceofs View Post
    amazing that looks nice
    Yes, nice game, but Dota is no worse.