Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

New item level cap in Tazavesh makes it dead on arrival for many mains

We already are in the longest content draught for a first patch ever and it will still take a while for 9.1 to arrive. When it finally arrives, one of the big features will be completely meaningless for many main characters, because it offers no upgrades for them.
    Why exclude a large portion of the playerbase from this content? It's not like the alternatives are abundant.

Inb4 "just do it for the experience, just like raiding."

Yeah kind of weird when mythic itemlevel is available that easily with a bit of time each week thanks to the vault.

I doubt many would say that Shadowlands is worse than BfA but I feel like this is by far the most confusing and senselessly designed expansion yet. There's been so much potentially enjoyable content this expansion completely killed by either a lack of a reward or a really bad reward system.

I've given up trying to figure out their thought process because I'm convinced it doesn't actually exist at this point.

7+ Year Old Account
    If you make the megadungeon too hard, people will complain.
    If you make the megadungeon loot too good, people will complain.
    If you make the megadungeon accessible and good for alts/new players, the wannabe elitists will complain.
    If you make the megadungeon only really reward the mounts and be a challenge without "good epix", people will complain.

Honestly - Blizzard can't win on this one ...

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Yes, most player have 226 gear atm. Every alt is 226.
    Please, provide us you sources. "large portion" seem like a pretty bad lie to me

10+ Year Old Account
    Lighthalzen, the City-State of Prosperity
    they add that scaling in a 0.5 patch for m+
    with a static ilvl, chances seem a quite high for readd of warforge and titanforge

Gating m+ eq with achievements just feel terribly linear and boring.
    love WoWarcraft

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    So what ilv does it drop? According to wowhead it is 184, which indeed sounds crazily low. A german website claims it is 210.

https://www.wowhead.com/guides/tazav...-of-domination
    https://wow.4fansites.de/dungeons-tazavesh.php
    Its 226, so yeah OP kinda has a point.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

It will drop normal raid ilvl, as all megadungeons before it.

At Nathria, Normal/Heroic Raid loot is between 200-220.
    Tazavesh loot is at 226.
    Casual players, the majority, are usually around Normal/Heroic raid loot.

Tazavesh is maybe out for Mythic Raiders, but they're not the majority here.

I guess that sucks for Mythic Raiders if they wanted to grind pre-raid...
    ... but not all Mythic Raiders do, some want to just go in with last tier's gear.

So, do Mythic Raiders want to grind, or don't they?
    Seems people seem to disagree about this lately. Not surprising.

The gear in Tazavesh I think is mostly catch-up.
    If you're missing loot or haven't been around in a while, you can catch up.
    It's not meant to replace for everyone, least of all Mythic Raiders.

Last Tier Mythic Raid loot is kind of meant to be used going into next tier. It's kind of why it's there.
    If you never needed Mythic Raid loot to continue into next tiers, people wouldn't grind it.
    Instead, Mythic raiders would stop immediately once final boss would be dead and say, "eh, it'll be fine, they'll gear us up in next zone."
    There's a reason Mythic Raiders at the high end generally grind out their full BiS --
    -- So they can go into next Tier fully prepared. Without having to Catch Up.
    Which is what Tazavesh gear is. Catch-up. For those who didn't grind.

You have to make a choice - grind in last tier, or grind in Tazavesh.
    Tazavesh is useful to catch up for casual players.
    But for Mythic Raiders the expectation of last tier grind is more prevalent.
    That's the culture. "Be prepared. For anything, at any cost." Mythic Raiding.
    Whether you like it or not, you'd have to change everyone's mentality of Mythic Raiding to adjust this.
    And I think if they could change how everyone felt about Mythic Raiding at this point, they'd be rushing at the chance.

Anyway, if they upped Tazavesh loot, it'd make next Tier loot less good and also make Mythic Raiders have to grind before next raid more, so some there would complain.

Be careful what you wish for.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatNameForSmurfingExTee View Post
    Yes, most player have 226 gear atm. Every alt is 226.
    Please, provide us you sources. "large portion" seem like a pretty bad lie to me
    I have played IMO quite actively throughout the expansion, I have 4 lvl 60 characters with maxed renowns and finished covenant storyline and atleast 1 legendary item, I’ve geared all of them above 200 ilvl, yet I have zero 226 items x)
    Mythic 10 achievement is my best so far. No boosting and no pvp. I shall call myself a hipster from now on since i’m in the minority now muahaha
    Quote Originally Posted by Pie Eater View Post
    Have you read the planned frost mage "nerfs" ?!? It's like nerfing a hangman's rope by coloring it blue.
    Mr. Smith about the cost of Triple-spec
    3k gold right off the bat, about 5 silver a week later.

Tazavash will be released as a M0 dungeon, you can't even go into it M+ until 9.2.

Why would any mythic raider expect gear upgrades from M0? I'm seriously confused by the thread...

Zul'gurub and Zul'aman in Cata are an ever-lasting reminder of why it's great to add a new dungeon in an early patch... but that you should never make progression exclusively bound to that. Mega-dungeons inhabit a strange little space of providing one-off scenery for high-end dungeoneers, progression to a small but not insignificant groups of "casual friends and family" progress groups (who often gear at the slowest rate available) and, perhaps most importantly, catch-up gearing for the capable. Of course, the real advantage, is it front-loads additional content to top up M+ next patch or in a mini-patch between now and 9.2.

In no way is it intended to be a primary method of progression. It's "an experience" that they've bundled some rewards into to fill a fairly niche reward bracket rather than nothing relevant. Sort of like how Karazhan was intended to serve as in early TBC.

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    Tazavash will be released as a M0 dungeon, you can't even go into it M+ until 9.2.

Why would any mythic raider expect gear upgrades from M0? I'm seriously confused by the thread...
    which is exackly why it should have at least 233 itlv - so that people have a reason to do it.

atm its meaningless dead content on arrival

I've seen this complaint already and I completely don't understand it as it's literally the same thing that happened to Mechagon on release. I think the ilvls in comparison between heroic level of the previous raid and Mechagon were pretty much the same as now as well.

It's gonna be just m0. For more hardcore players there will be a hard mode. Then it will enter m+ system in the next patch, I don't see a problem.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

the point of the m0 release for all 3 dungeons (kara,mecha,tazavesh) is to do the hard mode achievement/get pets/get mounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    We already are in the longest content draught for a first patch ever and it will still take a while for 9.1 to arrive. When it finally arrives, one of the big features will be completely meaningless for many main characters, because it offers no upgrades for them.
    Why exclude a large portion of the playerbase from this content? It's not like the alternatives are abundant.
    It is not released yet, is it?
    Adjusting the ilvls is not a hard thing to do, if it turns out you're right.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

I sincerely don't see any problem with this, so normal mode will drop 226? if they add hc/m+ in the future with better gear that would be the perfect setup in my humble opinion

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    I've seen this complaint already and I completely don't understand it as it's literally the same thing that happened to Mechagon on release. I think the ilvls in comparison between heroic level of the previous raid and Mechagon were pretty much the same as now as well.

It's gonna be just m0. For more hardcore players there will be a hard mode. Then it will enter m+ system in the next patch, I don't see a problem.
    well most likely OP expected it would be easy way to full BIS gear, thats probably it, bcs yeah, mechagon (and unless im mistaken karazan) were not really different...
    Last edited by Lolites; 2021-06-06 at 12:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kaelix1 View Post
    I sincerely don't see any problem with this, so normal mode will drop 226? if they add hc/m+ in the future with better gear that would be the perfect setup in my humble opinion
    It's probably mythic only, like karazhan and mechagon, so it's the m0 level that drops 226.

Also, to add to my previous post... 226 is the highest ilvl available in 9.0 (not counting a couple exceptional 233 pieces). Only the more hardcore players are at 226 or higher at the moment. If you think that most people have it, and on multiple alts too, you are either trolling, or completely delusional.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

Quote Originally Posted by thesmall001 View Post
    Zul'gurub and Zul'aman in Cata are an ever-lasting reminder of why it's great to add a new dungeon in an early patch... but that you should never make progression exclusively bound to that.
    The problem with Cata troll dungeons was that they were put into separate Random hc queue, meaning that a). the standard random hc queue was dead and b). people got burnt out by the troll dungeons super fast because they've been doing only those two over and over again.