Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I'm 223 and will still do it. Don't need loot for fresh content. Alts will enjoy the catchup, main will like the achievs, and its fun new content while doing the competitive stuff.

Im ilvl 230 on my main and my 3 alts are 220-226 :P I will still do it because its fun
    Shadowlands - Server first 60 Rogue on Tarren-Mill EU
    Classic - Server first 60 Rogue on Gandling EU
    Server first Ragnaros, World 6th

Quote Originally Posted by Alydael View Post
    Very few people are 226 item level. If you look at the stats, less than 15% of the player base have even cleared H Sire and some of those (probably a nice amount) are carries. H Sire is only 220. So even of those 15% that did clear H Sire. Most of those are prob not 226 either. This new Mythic Mega Dungeon will have upgrades for more than 90% of the player base. That's fair and far from "doa." I am willing to bet that a ton of people will be running it and it will be one the patch's favorite features.
    It also apparently comes with hard modes that drop 233 (the item level dropped by Sire Mythic) according to wowhead: https://www.wowhead.com/news/hard-mo...rd-mode-322936
    Last edited by Butler to Baby Sloths; 2021-06-20 at 06:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    If you make the megadungeon too hard, people will complain.
    If you make the megadungeon loot too good, people will complain.
    If you make the megadungeon accessible and good for alts/new players, the wannabe elitists will complain.
    If you make the megadungeon only really reward the mounts and be a challenge without "good epix", people will complain.

Honestly - Blizzard can't win on this one ...
    Pretty much this. I'm convinced at this point the attitude at Blizzard is this..."Why? 'Cause FUCK 'EM, THAT'S WHY!"

Quote Originally Posted by Alydael View Post
    Very few people are 226 item level. If you look at the stats, less than 15% of the player base have even cleared H Sire and some of those (probably a nice amount) are carries. H Sire is only 220. So even of those 15% that did clear H Sire. Most of those are prob not 226 either. This new Mythic Mega Dungeon will have upgrades for more than 90% of the player base. That's fair and far from "doa." I am willing to bet that a ton of people will be running it and it will be one the patch's favorite features.
    I'm curious where you are getting these "stats" you are basing your entire point on. Considering you shaved that number by at least 40% compared to nearly every achievement tracking source found on the first 3 pages of multiple different searches on google.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbleach View Post
    I can't think of too many times new content like a 5 man came out... that had upgrades that my main could use, outside of mythic plus seasonal change. Either, the items were basically the same ilvl to what I had, or was barely better, or slightly worse. Always tends to be the case. I was always a raider. It's content to take your alt through. I wonder how many brain cells you guys would have lost if the difficulty was the same as it is now or lesser, and it gave 240 gear. Would that have made you happy? So everybody gets the welfare epics. Nobody misses out. And we get more ilvl inflation.
    or they could just release the m+ version of the dungeon right away instead of holding it off another season for no reason.

content for all. No discrimination, no welfare.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyris Flare View Post
    Worth considering that many of the people who don't already have 220+ or aotc etc. probably aren't the type who are even going to run the Mega Dungeon much if at all.

So there is a group of players for whom the loot is a good theoretical upgrade, but you have to dissect that group into players who will actually do it.
    on the other hand, many people who dont want any gear from there will run it anyway, for hardmode, achievments, transmog or whatever else...

Quote Originally Posted by neescher View Post
    As someone who had 3 ilvl 226 choices from the vault pretty much every week for the past 5 months and still isn't 226 overall, I can only laugh at the statement "226 by this point is in fact quite casual ilevel. Below that and you don't even play the game really, or you just joined."

That being said, people who do mythic+ content are likely to not get many gear upgrades from the non-hardmode Tazavesh. Many people who are not doing mythic+ content are probably unlikely to do Tazavesh anyway.
    Except the odd weeks where i've been lazy and had 2 options... I've pretty much got duplicates every single week and i still miss 3 pieces that just won't drop. And i quit at 5/10 mythic.
    I'm still 226 ilvl so pretty sure it won't be dead on arrival for a majority of the minority.
    With hardmode at 233? Yeh, its gonna be real good upgrades.

Thread can honestly be closed now, what else to discuss when the gear is actually 233?
    That means i'll replace some 220 gear with 233... 13 ilvls is not a small upgrade lol...
    Last edited by tomten; 2021-06-21 at 06:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mardux View Post
    I'm curious where you are getting these "stats" you are basing your entire point on. Considering you shaved that number by at least 40% compared to nearly every achievement tracking source found on the first 3 pages of multiple different searches on google.
    where did you find that number? btw "multiple gogole searches" is like "my neighbour told me"
    on wowhead its 24% (however im not sure how accuate that is), so his guess seems way closer than yours

15+ Year Old Account
    New content is still new. I don't need gear drops to justify a new dungeon. There's plenty of other way to get gear.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Spears View Post
    I mean there is casual.. in the sense they only play a few hours a week. Then there is casual as in they wear cloth on a warrior and only use one ability. Over the years wow has catered less and less to the former and more and more to the later...
    That is a pretty cool diagnosis of the problem. I mean the "What's wroing with WoW problem". The OP's problem is nonexistent cause he is delusional.
    Last edited by Wangming; 2021-06-21 at 09:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    That is a pretty cool diagnosis of the problem. I mean the "What's wroing with WoW problem". The OP's problem is nonexistent cause he is delusional.
    Once again, over 200k players in a game that just went through a massive content draught for months is hardly "nothing"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Malania View Post
    New content is still new. I don't need gear drops to justify a new dungeon. There's plenty of other way to get gear.
    Then what do you need to justify a new dungeon? Because that's basically the only reason I can think of

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    Then what do you need to justify a new dungeon? Because that's basically the only reason I can think of
    That.. It's new stuff?

Once again, over 200k players in a game that just went through a massive content draught for months is hardly "nothing"

- - - Updated - - -

Hardmode is 233. That's the "difficulty" that's aimed at people who already have 226 gear (although based on PTR it's apparently very undertuned difficulty-wise). It doesn't need to drop loot that's relevant for my main once the new raid opens, that'd be absurd. It's fine if I just do like 2-4 full HM clears and then don't go there again until it's available on M+. It's new content, some of the mechanics sound neat, but in the end it's a 5man dungeon that isn't M+, so it's not intended to be relevant content for me for very long.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

5+ Year Old Account
    Once again, WoW supposedly has millions of players. Is it really that hard to understand that not everything is for mythic raiders?

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

You do realize that the dungeon is justified for a overwhelming majority of the playerbase, right? The gear from the dungeon is also a massive upgrade for that same majority. And Blizzard are also able to turn it into justified content for the small minority of players that do m+ and raid when it gets added to the m+ table, which is pretty great.
    Hi

Dont forget that activating hard mode makes drop higher ilvl loot - 233.
    Also I thing maybe 10% (and thats generous) of the player base are 226 capped, so mega dungeon droping 226 is big upgrade for lot of people.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    and for that you need to do +14/15, which again, majority of people dont...

- - - Updated - - -

so people fully decked in HC raid gear dont even play the game... you need reality check dude, majority of people is below 220...

- - - Updated - - -

ehm... vast majority of playerbase?

not to mention HC CH and +13 still gives you lower than 226, AND +14/15 gives you one piece, so even people running +15s nonstop might not be fully decked in 226, and hardmode Taza gives 233...
    so even goddamn mythic raiders can get a fuckload of upgrades there, let alone casuals who are now between 200-220...
    Many alts maybe. But anyone's main char who played since start had plenty of opportunities to vault up.
    Idk, from what I can see and tell, the people who are only 200-220 are in the minority right now. That's literally your covenant gear mixed with a few normal CN items. You're trying to tell me that's the majority of players 8 months into the addon?

I started in March/April and I'm 225 and by no means did I no life the game. In fact I didn't even log into retail since TBC launch. I would have probably hit 226 by now if I had continued.

We wouldn't have to have this discussion if Blizzard could just design items and dungeons that last for more than just one major patch. Just stop scaling the ilvl this hard and we won't have this discussion anymore, plus we would have more to do towards the end of any patch/addon since old content would remain relevant

As a 227 the drops don't invalidate the content for me.
    I'd just like to see how it plays and do a few runs. Mechagon was pretty similar in most regards anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsarez View Post
    Many alts maybe. But anyone's main char who played since start had plenty of opportunities to vault up.
    Idk, from what I can see and tell, the people who are only 200-220 are in the minority right now. That's literally your covenant gear mixed with a few normal CN items. You're trying to tell me that's the majority of players 8 months into the addon?

I started in March/April and I'm 225 and by no means did I no life the game. In fact I didn't even log into retail since TBC launch. I would have probably hit 226 by now if I had continued.

We wouldn't have to have this discussion if Blizzard could just design items and dungeons that last for more than just one major patch. Just stop scaling the ilvl this hard and we won't have this discussion anymore, plus we would have more to do towards the end of any patch/addon since old content would remain relevant
    I think you greatly over-estimate BOTH the effort the average player is willing to pour into the game AND their overall skill level.
    The majority of the player-base can't handle a timed +14 NOR is willing to push a key and do it un-timed each week.
    Especially seen how much of a pain it is to get into one if you don't have a guild/steady group.

New content that drops catch-up gear? Oh the horror.