Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I just don't read any story, raid, dungeon news

If you’ve sat and digested the multiple, lengthy news posts on here going through all the quest chains, dialogue, reveals, etc… then that’s on you, my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Falkeshall View Post
    If you’ve sat and digested the multiple, lengthy news posts on here going through all the quest chains, dialogue, reveals, etc… then that’s on you, my friend.
    Only to a certain degree.

Have you actually picked the game back up again after a break without an external refresher? Especially in modern WoW with its myriad of systems upon systems? It's utterly overwhelming and opaque. The development team outright expects people to utilize external resources. They actively link to these resources in official releases.

Quote Originally Posted by SirFinlot View Post
    Hello,

I was wondering - is anyone exited for 9.1. If yes, why?

Reason for my question is very simple - whenever something new happens or comes out, about 9.1, it's datamined and information is all out there.
    Lore events, dialogs, models and etc. get put out before time.
    People even test things before those are out, thus knowing what will happen.

How can you keep excitement if there is no surprise and you know everything in advance?

Post is not meant to be negative and I hope it wont be negative topic.
    Just don't look at the previews. That's what I do. The only thing I read up on is systems, since that could affect your rate of progression. If you don't click any of the articles or read any of the posts, it will all be new to you.

I don't even read most of the new stuff unless its something controversial. I rather keep everything to be a surprise for when I log in and notice all the new stuff. I do watch some of the cinematics and read a few lore spoilers because the moment it gets revealed it will be talked about.

An yet there are people who want to read up on everything coming in 9.1 and will be just as excited when it goes live.

Hello,

Reason for my question is very simple - whenever something new happens or comes out, about 9.1, it's datamined and information is all out there.

How can you keep excitement if there is no surprise and you know everything in advance?

Don't Visit MMO-champ, WoWhead, Reddit etc.

Seems fairly easy to avoid spoilers

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

At this point all this information is helping each individual make the decision to see if it's worth playing 9.1 or not.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's also the internet being muuuuuch more developed than it was 12-14 years ago during the time of Thottbot, going into an expansion felt like the unknown back then because you literally had to find out yourself as the resources then weren't as available as they are now. That alone changed the MMO experience forever and its not something we'll ever get back.

If it's fun and engaging?

Is this a trick question?

I avoid most story spoilers and try to do a first pull of bosses on release

The only thing I look at from data mining is the new models

Not everyone is playing PTR or reading wowhead/MMOs front page.

I didnt read any spoilers nor playing on PTR so story is still 'mistery' for me.

Blizz would have to actually hire a robust QA team to get rid of PTR, and Blizz is not going to ever make a customer friendly decision over money

Hello,

I am not exited at all. Im looking forward for the story. And i try to not spoil me. I assume the few story chapters we get, will be as short as the covenant chapters before. So there is no point for me in spoiling myself.

There rest will be like in 9.0 and 9.0.5 bad class balance, unrewarding content like chorghast, now in the unfun 2.0 version still without a meaningful reward, one raid hopefully better mechnicwise than nathria, one daily questhub and yes well. thats it. stuff like "improved conduits" isnt really woth mentioning.

Hello,

tbh i dont read anything about dataminers besides class changes..

and i never was sensitive to spoilers, in game or movie or whatever, so..
    Quote Originally Posted by Overlordd View Post
    This race is an abomination and atrocity. This race doesn't belong in World of Warcraft at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    Got ganked by a Vulpera, huh?

It won't be. New xpacs are the same exact thing. The only reason they are somewhat shiny and crowd catching is there is so much new content, no one cares they already read about it to death.

And covenants were never a choice, even before the xpac launched every best cov for each spec was figured out before a single player logged onto retail at launch.

The researching and distribution of said datamined content is a player issue, not a Blizzard issue. If you want to be surprised (and you should, given how much of a core element it is in gaming), you know what to do about it.

People are just excited for something "new" as in different , to do for a couple days , before the repetition of content starts again for the following 6+ months.

I avoid as much datamined stuff as I can cause yeah if I read it all in advance there is zero excitement. I do look at mounts and gear but that's different to me. the worst is the PTR dungeons and raids, I still prefer to go into a dungeon or raid blind without any research into the fights or pulls. Sadly it's dang near impossible to find a group that is ok with that beyond LFR difficulty (and even there some expect you to know).
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22