Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SirFinlot View Post
    Hello,

I was wondering - is anyone exited for 9.1. If yes, why?

Reason for my question is very simple - whenever something new happens or comes out, about 9.1, it's datamined and information is all out there.
    Lore events, dialogs, models and etc. get put out before time.
    People even test things before those are out, thus knowing what will happen.

How can you keep excitement if there is no surprise and you know everything in advance?

Post is not meant to be negative and I hope it wont be negative topic.
    Same reason i can know a (hi)story yet be moved by a new movie, reading about it is a quite different experience.

I mean if WoW were a book it'd be terrible, which is part of the reason i despise their comics and novels, but as a game it's not bad.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    There are no "beta testers" that could be slapped with an NDA. PTR is literally available to anyone who has a subscription to the game. If it was some kind of elite club that is hard to get in, that is also restricted by countless secrecy rules, no one would even want to test that stuff, as the most important reason for doing it in the first place is to show it to people as content on youtube/twitch etc.
    You don't even need an active subscription. It's basically free WoW

Its been WoW's most persisting issue. How can you remotely give a fuck when everything is known weeks or months before it releases? Its like you aren't actually taking part in events but just being a stagehand for whatever npcs are the expansions protagonists and nothing has any meaning or impact behind it when nothing is actually unknown before release.

Bloodsail Admiral Smallfruitbat's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    To be honest, if I don't want to know about something in advance I stop reading. It's pretty easy to tell what is and what isn't a spoiler.

Or just stop paying attention to everything. I know what bosses we have, but I usually don’t look into strays until the guild is ready to do them. I know we have a new zone; but I haven’t really paid attention to the layout or what all we’ll do there. I usually pay absolutely zero attention to any story elements.

Hello,

I was wondering - is anyone exited for 9.1. If yes, why?
    most of the upcoming content is spoilered in such a way (WALL OF TEXT) that i cant make much sense of it even if id try. Actually i just skip that whenever i see it on the frontpage due to pure lazyness.
    whats left hitting my attention:
    - new icons (that have no effect on my exitement whatsoever)
    - class changes (that are rather positive as i tend to play underplayed specs and always 2-4 characters at the same time. there is always atleast 1 class to look forward to beeing better in the next patch for me. i play eleshaman, mistweaver & survival hunter - go figure, each patchnote i can cheer at something because my characters start at shit-tier)

10+ Year Old Account
    i don't watch any pre-render video from 9.1 if that helps, not to mention since a lot of items are still in production i don't really dedicate myself to watch 9.1
    the idea of hide anything forget it, just the fact that when u do it urself on live servers, it is permanent progress for u
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

It will be a cold day in hell when blizz gets a proper QA team.

The writing is abysmal and the gameplay is extremely formulaic.

The artwork is merely competent.

Wow would need a drastic paradigm shift to ever create excitement again.

If you don't read news, you won't know everything beforehand.
    Gameplaywise nothing has much changed since 7.0 though.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm excited because there will be more things to do instead of being mired in the drought and doing the same things every day. I don't know anything that's planned for 9.1, so it's a mystery to me. Which is exactly what I want.
    I'm a crazy taco.

Quote Originally Posted by tacoloco View Post
    I'm excited because there will be more things to do instead of being mired in the drought and doing the same things every day.
    I mean if you are stuck in a logic of "I have to continue playing wow every day no matter what", then I guess any marginal improvement might sound exciting. But I suspect that for most people it isn't about "current wow state versus wow 9.1" but rather about "doing something else altogether than playing wow" versus "playing wow 9.1"

5+ Year Old Account
    When I cared more or less about story and/or new systems, I actively avoided spoilers and sites like thottbot. These days, I spoil myself to hell and back
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Welcome to every WoW patch ever since Wrath.

Quote Originally Posted by Smallfruitbat View Post
    To be honest, if I don't want to know about something in advance I stop reading. It's pretty easy to tell what is and what isn't a spoiler.
    *Just browsing youtube* SYLVANAS DIES IN 9.1! ANDUIN CRIES AND THRALL IS WARCHIEF AGAIN *Big red arrow points at Jaina's boobs*

(This was all random stuff that doesn't happen unless it does)

Its nearly impossible to avoid spoilers since all youtube videos spoil everything in the title and thumbnail.

10+ Year Old Account
    How can you keep excitement if there is no surprise and you know everything in advance?
    You can't and I think it does hurt the game. That is how it is though and not going to change.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Easy - read teasers, avoid spoilers.

Quote Originally Posted by Morllinor View Post
    I think for many people, the lore has taken a backseat (which is unfortunate) and gameplay is first, so they're more anxious to try out new systems.
    It's a weird mix of both now - we can't change covenants/use abilities because LORE, but lore is also very shallow because you need to fix broken systems instead of making the current ones deeper. Thx, soulbinds, I guess it's cool if you sit in the covenant base and do nothing - no story, no progression, no character besides main campaign.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    It's a weird mix of both now - we can't change covenants/use abilities because LORE, but lore is also very shallow because you need to fix broken systems instead of making the current ones deeper. Thx, soulbinds, I guess it's cool if you sit in the covenant base and do nothing - no story, no progression, no character besides main campaign.
    Imagine if instead of grinding Maw for conduit upgrades you would have to progress a story with your soulbind where they actually have some character development. I know it's resource intensive, but that's why so many people liked orderhalls.

how can a rollercoaster be exciting when you can see what it does before you get on the ride yourself?
    why even test a rollercoaster and not just let people use it immediately?

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    I wish they would find a way to get rid of leaks and patch Information beforehand and even swear the beta testers to silence with a permaban should they break it. The game would be better

That said, the problem with 9.1 is twofold... one it isn’t that impressive. Just a generic patch, and considering the wait and build up for 9.1... it needed to be 9.1, 7,2, 6.2, and more all in one patch. This wait.. for that patch?! A week after it hits we’ll hear chatter about 9.2 being the savior that 9.1 was meant to be

It should be substantially larger but many times the size

This is just lazy and incompetence on the devs which is fitting because this dev team hasn’t had one success since taking over after legion
    Oh boy,this would piss off even more people than today,often things get changed in ptr from public outcry