Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by molliewoof View Post
    i had to google polygenic but i hope the risks of that cancer and cancer in general are low.

i know this may sound redundant but if you know you may get it and act accordingly, then that will increase the odds of survival a lot.

i hope you are well
    Yeah, everything is well for now! Thanks

It is just curiousity. I'm an MD/geneticist and run/interpret these type of tests all the time. But never with my own DNA. It feels unreal.

Half Puerto Rican...but grandpa on that side was from Spain. Grandma was a native American, technically. (Godfather was so...black he was bluish)
    Mother's side was of solid German descent. Great grandma only spoke German. Supposed to have Jewish mixed in, which is likely why great granny wound up hightailing it out of the fatherland.

My mom's side has indigenous people (Sámi) exclusively 2 generations back. My great grandmother met a Swedish white man and got married, much to the horror of her kin. She was actually once saved by a horse, big sturdy Swedish working breed. A bear came to take my then 4-year old great grandmother, the horse tore loose from its bond and attacked the bear. She wore a horseshoe locket with a bit of that horse's mane inside it for the rest of her life.

My grandmother met a man of Sámi heritage 1 generation back. My mom met a man of Eastern European Jewish and German heritage. My dad and his mother both got pitch-black hair and very un-Swedish faces, which they were often reminded of.

So I'm quite a mix. But anyone looking at me will just see a white woman with golden-red-blond hair.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2021-06-06 at 10:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    Wildhammer dwarf.
    Brother... I knew I wasnt the only one out there. *single tear*

15+ Year Old Account
    97% white European.

I wonder if Hitler would have spared me.

100% European white

something like 3/8 italian 1/8 austrian or german (a bit weird btw, my italian side is from trentino so my grandpa bornt in the austro ungarian empire and my grandma was adopted and lived in germany during ww2) 7/16 peruvian and 1/16 japanese
    12/6/2009 -23/11/2020 rip little deathstalker Ferretti. proud forsaken, enemy of the livings